Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Rain as assassin

(The Philippine Star) Updated November 16, 2009

ent25.jpg

MANILA, Philippines - Warner Bros. brings action fans the blood-soaked thriller Ninja Assassin, directed by James McTeigue (V for Vendetta) and produced by Joel Silver, Larry Wachowski and Andy Wachowski (The Matrix trilogy).

Ninja Assassin stars Korean pop star Rain (photo, Speed Rider) as the central character, Raizo; Naomie Harris as Europol researcher Mika Coretti; Ben Miles as Europol Agent Ryan Maslow; legendary martial arts performer Sho Kosugi as the ruthless leader of the Ozunu Clan; and Rick Yune as Raizo’s rival, Takeshi.

Ninja Assassin follows Raizo, one of the deadliest assassins in the world. Taken from the streets as a child, he was transformed into a trained killer by the Ozunu Clan, a secret society whose very existence is considered a myth. But haunted by the merciless execution of his friend by the Clan, Raizo breaks free from them…and vanishes. Now he waits, preparing to exact his revenge.

In Berlin, Europol agent Mika Coretti has stumbled upon a money trail linking several political murders to an underground network of untraceable assassins from the Far East. Defying the orders of her superior, Ryan Maslow, Mika digs into top secret agency files to learn the truth behind the murders. Her investigation makes her a target, and the Ozunu Clan sends a team of killers, led by the lethal Takeshi, to silence her forever. Raizo saves Mika from her attackers, but he knows that the Clan will not rest until they are both eliminated. Now, entangled in a deadly game of cat and mouse through the streets of Europe, Raizo and Mika must trust one another if they hope to survive…and finally bring down the elusive Ozunu Clan.

The behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Karl Walter Lindenlaub, production designer Graham “Grace” Walker, costume designer Carlo Poggioli and editor Gian Ganziano. The Wachowski brothers’ longtime stunt coordinators Chad Stahelski and David Leitch are also on board as second unit co-directors.

Opening soon across the Philippines, Ninja Assassin is a Warner Bros. Pictures presentation in association with Legendary Pictures and Dark Castle Entertainment.

Source:http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=523865&publicationSubCategoryId=70

Rain as assassin

(The Philippine Star) Updated November 16, 2009

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4158/ent25.jpg

MANILA, Philippines - Warner Bros. brings action fans the blood-soaked thriller Ninja Assassin, directed by James McTeigue (V for Vendetta) and produced by Joel Silver, Larry Wachowski and Andy Wachowski (The Matrix trilogy).

Ninja Assassin stars Korean pop star Rain (photo, Speed Rider) as the central character, Raizo; Naomie Harris as Europol researcher Mika Coretti; Ben Miles as Europol Agent Ryan Maslow; legendary martial arts performer Sho Kosugi as the ruthless leader of the Ozunu Clan; and Rick Yune as Raizo’s rival, Takeshi.

Ninja Assassin follows Raizo, one of the deadliest assassins in the world. Taken from the streets as a child, he was transformed into a trained killer by the Ozunu Clan, a secret society whose very existence is considered a myth. But haunted by the merciless execution of his friend by the Clan, Raizo breaks free from them…and vanishes. Now he waits, preparing to exact his revenge.

Source:http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=523865&publicationSubCategoryId=70

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. Really can't wait to watch it. This movie is so highly-promoted. We could see posters all around, everywhere – from the buses to highway streets. I hope this movie will be RAIN’s breakthrough into Hollywood this time. :P:mellow:

Mnet Rainy Day 51: was that dog Rain’s? I know that he has one that looks similar. That was so cute how he played with him and the dog felt really comfortable laying his head on Rain’s lap, I mean who wouldn’t? I could watch that part over and over again.

@Willenette: You think Rain doesn’t sound so keen on doing Enter The Dragon? I hope you are right. As you I am also no fan of remakes, part 2’s, sequels … it’s always dangerous and there isnothing original in it. Rain, please be careful and make a wise decision.

Rain in NY: those pics him standing in Times Square in front of his own poster is A DREAM COME TRUE! He must feel really proud of himself. We are definitely proud of him!

NA Official Release Party: will the crew and staff attend as well?

Magazine: OMG!!!! I know we have seen a lot of NA pics lately in magazines, but this one from Direct From Seoul is by far my favourite one. He looks beautiful!!!! From which country is this magazine and is there a way of getting it?

Magazine: OMG!!!! I know we have seen a lot of NA pics lately in magazines, but this one from Direct From Seoul is by far my favourite one. He looks beautiful!!!! From which country is this magazine and is there a way of getting it?

Hi Bbly, the magazine called 8 Days is fm Singapore. This has already been distributed at our local newstand & bookshop.

I can get if you want...just let me know...my pleaseure...no worries!!!

Week in review : It's RAINING women

rain1-244x300.jpg

What an interesting week with our face to face interview with Asian sensation RAIN and a week of Korean women triumphing and being dismissed. The most exciting hour was Friday evening with RAIN and James McTeigue, the director of Ninja Assassin. We were one of the very first people to speak with RAIN on his press tour to promote the upcoming release of Ninja Assassin. He was very nice and genuinely happy to see us when we first entered the room. We didn’t know what to expect because you read so much about how huge he is in Asia and you wonder what he’s like. He was actually very social, talkative and very comfortable in his own skin. He clearly does not lack confidence, even with the difficult task of having to speak English for a long line of interviews. What was most interesting was that he followed us out to the waiting room and essentially chilled with us while we packed up our gear. It seemed like he wanted to chat more and it wouldn’t be a surprise because he was probably exhausted from speaking English during the interviews. He just wanted to hang with his Korean-American homeys.

Source : Korean Beacon

http://www.koreanbeacon.com/2009/11/15/wee...-raining-women/

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeay, I managed to get a ticket for myself for advance screening in KL on Tuesday, 24th November at GSC MidValley. This movie is how long is it 2 hours duration? If it start on 9pm, I hope there still bus/train to catch on.

It only advance screening. Not media screening. Still hoping for Asia press conference.

Guest tyty6_7

The January 2010 issue of Inside Kung-Fu magazine will have a cover story on the film:

Ninja Assassin

Rain, the world’s hottest action star, teams with ninja great Sho Kosugi in this martial arts thriller. By Dave Cater and Ric Meyers

Not sure when the issue hits stores, but I suspect it'll be in a few weeks.

IKF-1001-COVER_home.jpg

About the Cover

Cover photo of Rain by Juliana Malucelli. Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures. Cover design by Paul Graff.

http://www.insidekung-fu.com/content/view/136/

taken from chanbara@imdb.com

Guest Shanyya

Mnet Rainy Day 51: was that dog Rain’s? I know that he has one that looks similar. That was so cute how he played with him and the dog felt really comfortable laying his head on Rain’s lap, I mean who wouldn’t? I could watch that part over and over again.

Hey, bbly! That dog is Rain's dog named Richie. One of the staffs on set said that during breaks, he would take Richie out for walks and playing tricks with it! He really loves dogs, doesn't he?? =)

8 days magazine

[] CCF11162009_00000.jpg[/]

[] CCF11162009_00001.jpg[/]

[] CCF11162009_00002.jpg[/]

credit:raintaritariboss/rainsingapore

Anjjo thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub: Hmmmmm :wub: I keep gazing at this photos for at least 5 min... and I can`t stop :lol:

Hey, bbly! That dog is Rain's dog named Richie. One of the staffs on set said that during breaks, he would take Richie out for walks and playing tricks with it! He really loves dogs, doesn't he?? =)

Really??? OMO I thought this dogs only look similar :lol:

11.16.09 Warner Bros. debuts new movie Ninja Assassin on Adsfactor.TV & Men Channel

432334822.jpg

source: @fullrain on twitter

091113 Ystar Cinema Today

Next Korean TV coverage on Ninja Assassin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkQcZRsm8K8&feature=sub

happyyouyou1@youtube

Hi Bbly, the magazine called 8 Days is fm Singapore. This has already been distributed at our local newstand & bookshop.

I can get if you want...just let me know...my pleaseure...no worries!!!

That is very kind of you! Thanks! Now that I know it's from Singapore, I asked a friend to get it for me and she already has.

Ok, that explains why he was a bit like a "strict father" to the dog, when asking him to keep his head on his lap. He wouldn't treat another person's dog like that. It's cool that even his own dog is a star. Wonder who's idea that was.

Inside Kung-fu: Wow! Another magazine to keep our eyes on. This is an American magazine, correct?

Guest tyty6_7

Rain Still In Line For ‘Enter the Dragon’ Remake? [updated]

Rain as Raizo in Ninja Assassin

[update: Not so fast! Awaken the Dragon screenplay writer Kurt Sutter is questioning claims of Rain's involvement!]

A few months ago we gave you an update on the planned remake of the classic Bruce Lee martial arts flick, Enter the Dragon, this time renamed Awaken the Dragon. The main part of the update was that Latino Review had a “confirmed source” which said that Korean pop-star-turned-action-star, Rain (currently starring in the awesome-looking Ninja Assassin), was going to be filling Lee’s shoes in the lead role.

Fast forward a few months, and it appears that Latino Review’s scoop was right on the money, as a video interview over at Cinemablend featuring Rain himself confirms that he’s at least considering the Awaken the Dragon role. Of course, he doesn’t give much away, but does hint that he’s talked to the studio about it and would be up for playing the role if he’s officially offered it. I share Katey Rich from Cinemablend’s thoughts that WB is probably holding off to see how Ninja Assassin does at the box office before they commit Rain to another big action flick.

Awaken the Dragon has already got The Shield writer/producer Kurt Sutter handling the script, as well as making his directorial debut. The film is said to be changing up the story of the original Enter the Dragon just a bit: it will now be about a lone FBI agent who pursues a rogue Shaolin monk to get him to participate in the world of underground fight clubs. WB is apparently looking for an already-established and well known American actor to play the agent, and now we know they’ve at least got Rain in mind for the richard simmons-kicking monk.

I’ll admit I was dubious when Rain was announced to be starring in Ninja Assassin, simply because he’s only done a handful of films, performing in supporting roles that aren’t anywhere near as intense and physical as a film like Ninja Assassin demands. However, after seeing all the stuff that’s come out from the film (such as the official trailer and clips), any doubts I had about Rain being a legitimate action star have officially been eradicated.

That all said, I would absolutely love to see Rain take on the lead role in Awaken the Dragon, even if the film is yet another questionable remake. Enter The Dragon is a classic, no doubt, and I’m always wary when Hollywood decides to redo a classic. But it sounds like they’re really trying to add something different to the mix with the story/style (Sutter is planning a kind of neo-noir), and Rain possibly starring in it sounds good to me.

UPDATE: Following the posting of this article Screen Rant was promptly contacted by Awaken the Dragon screenplay writer Kurt Sutter, where he questions the claims that Rain is in line for this role!

According to Sutter:

I just wanted to update you on my status with the “dragon” remake. Unfortunately, the project was a victim of the writer’s strike and I was forced to abandon it because of my commitment to “Sons of Anarchy”. If Rain is attached, I am no longer involved in the project, nor is my original pitch (neo-noir) valid. Honestly, and I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that any actor is attached to this project because as far as I know it has stalled in development at Warner Bros. I fear you could be the victim of wishful self-promotion. The next time someone interviews Rain, they should ask if he’s read the script or met with the director.

Would you like to see Ninja Assassin’s Rain, star in Awaken the Dragon? Do you think a redo of Enter the Dragon is called for or is it yet another that should be left alone?

Ninja Assassin hits theaters on November 25th, 2009 (next Wednesday).

There’s no word on when Awaken the Dragon will start shooting or be released.

Source: Cinemablend

http://screenrant.com/enter-the-dragon-rem...n-2-ross-34467/

Guest tyty6_7

Korean Hip-Hop star turns Ninja Assassin

Last week, Geek To Me contributor Marissa Meli gave us her list of the Top Must-See Movies for Geeks. Geek Nation must have been reading it because her #1 pick, "2012", ended up raking in over $60 million in box office over the weekend.

She also mentioned the film 'Ninja Assassin" starring Korean music sensation "Rain." You may remember him from his stint in Speed Racer, but this is his first lead role in an American film production.

Another way many nerds will know of the Asian superstar is by his 'fued' with the King of All Nerds, Stephen Colbert:

There's no discounting the fact that the guy has talent. Will "Rain" be the next Asian sensation to make it in the States?

It took Jackie Chan years to gain acceptance here (can anyone say Cannonball Run?) and only now, as his career reaches it's twilight, are we finally appreciating his ability and charisma.

Here's hoping that American audiences discover "Rain" much sooner.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/geek-to-me...a-assassin.html