Do you ever get your ETHNICITY mistaken...?

Guest eminemjamesuk

Guest naracute

I get mistaken for eurasian most of the time despite the fact that I'm malay, well not entirely malay; I'm mixed.

But that does not means I'm eurasian. I'm asian!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest c i e l`

I'm mixed chinese, vietnamese, laotian, and cambodgian.

People sometimes guess I'm chinese (but not everyone)

and...I was mistaken as korean and once japanese.

I don't really look laotian and cambodgian after all ^^"

People that aren't used to asians ethnicities mistake a lot.

I'm mixed, so its never right.

But I've been mistaken for being FULL:

Spanish,

Mexican,

Vietnamese,

CAUCASIAN (A Vietnamese guy thought I was white at first o.o)

Chinese,

Thai,

Japanese,

Hawaiian,

Korean (an older lady was speaking to me in Korean. I kept trying to tell her that I wasn't and I didn't understand her, then she asked if I was Mexican. I said no again so she just asked me "where" I was from. Then she tried so hard to speak broken english and made all these hand gestures just to tell me that I was beautiful.)

I have a tan but during the winter it goes away. Skin color can really throw people off.

Guest merrygolds

All the time! I'm Chinese, but almost everyone thinks I'm Viet or Filipino when they first meet me. It's my eyes that throw people off. Once, I was mistaken for Mexican and Indian. One person thought I was Korean because of my last name.

Guest jaeka

i'm mixed, like really mixed, haha, but the thing is, i've been asked if i was korean before. O____O i don't even look korean. x] it was from there year 8 boys at school. they started shouting racist things towards me and at the end i heard, "are you korean!?!??!?" i just ignored them!

and when i'm tanned with the sun like now, i always get asked if i'm filipino! but i'm not that either ¬___¬ but when pale people always go..

"i couldn't help but notice you're slightly tanned all year, are you halfcast?" and i explain my grandparents roots and they go, "omg.. you're mixed... i wanna be mixed..." XDD

but that kinda clears the ethnicity mistakening.

Guest charri

yes :o

my friend's little brother is absolutely convinced I'm Korean, for some strange reason.

and i've been mistaken as Japanese a lot lately while in China :T

Guest ramology

my actual ethnicity is chilean

but i get im an arab basically i have been mistaken for all the middle eastern countries :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm Taiwanese. Everyone seems to think I'm mixed.

This is how my conversation with my friend's dad went. (He's Taiwanese too)

Him: So where are you from?

Me: Taiwan.

Him: Where are your parents from?

Me: ... Taiwan ...

Him: Where's your mom from?

Me: Taiwan

Him: Where's your dad from?

Me: Um ... Taiwan?

Him: Oh really? I thought you were half-Caucasian ...

Me: - _ - "

I don't know, I guess I have kind of Caucasian features, I'm pretty tall for an Asian (5'6") and I was pretty young when I moved to Canada so my English is better than my Mandarin.

And a bunch of people have told me I look Japanese.

Guest chibibaka

XD I'm vietnamese and I'm always mistaked as Japanese, Korean, or Chinese. Even the viets don't think i'm viet at first XD.

Guest Harbl

Not sure if it counts but someone thaught i was french once, i also get asked if i'm jewish quite allot, but that could just be because of my surname.

Guest Mani4ever

Oh yeah big time! :D

I work at the airport, and I guess people have plenty of time to discuss and guess what ethnicity I have XD

Though I'm pakistani, people have guessed: Arabian, Libanese, Greek, Italian, South American.... are there more? (O.O)

i think, it's because I don't look like a pakistani :blush:

But it's fun, when they're guessing and i'm like shaking my head and say "no....no.."

Guest Airporte

^

I'm the opposite.

Whenever someone asks me and I tell them, they always go something along the lines of: I thought you were Pakistani or somethinglol.

My one friend asked one of our half Pakistani friends if I looked Pakistani, and he said no.

It's probably because of my more Caucasion-looking features and dark skin. D8

Guest mkayimcherry

I'm Vietnamese, however, I get mistaken as Chinese most of the time.

I've had people both Vietnamese AND Chinese mistake me as Chinese.

I was just sitting there and some Chinese person comes up to me and starts talking to me in Chinese

xD

Archived