Do you ever get your ETHNICITY mistaken...?

Guest eminemjamesuk

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest night.star

This boy asked me if I'm Korean and I was like "I'm the same kind as you!"

People will sometimes as me if I'm Japanese or Korean.

One time back in the summer, when I get a serious sun tan, this Chinese woman mistake me as a Mexican <_< .

Guest psquare6806

i'm vietnamese but not often, every now and then someone if they're vietnamese will think i'm japanese and if they're not vietnamese they will think i'm chinese.

Guest FooFooRuk

uhhh

i think EVERYONE does

as if there's a people who always can tell a korean, chinese, japanese, etc.

Guest I.like.foood

I'm viet. But people ask me what I am. they can't tell =.=

Some think I'm korean. Big eyes and reallyyy layered hair. So asian xD

Im chinese and in school its basically like a asain stereotype with ALL asains

when they come up to me they'll be like "Are you japanease?" and i'll be like "Wth...im not.."

Or if they see ike korean or japanease ppl on tv or in a book they'll turn to me and be like "hey! Are these yur relatives?" "No.." "but aren't you japanease?"

yeah it effin pisses me off -.-

I'm Vietnamese and I get mistaken as Chinese Korean and Japanese a lot. I think Vietnamese tends to have darker skin because we're closer to the equator? 0_0 Lol. And since well I was born in Canada, I don't tend to get as dark so I'm pretty pale. So I'm guessing that probably why they mistaken me for that. Or maybe because i'm 1/4 chinese xD?

It doesn't really tick me off if they get my ethnicity mistaken but I did get pretty ticked off at this one supply teacher.

She saw me and this new immigrate talking in vietnamese and theres this chinese girl in my class named Lina. The teacher asked what language we spoke and asked if it was Japanese. I told her it was Vietnamese and she asked why we werent talking in Vietnamese with Lina. I told her that she was Chinese. The teacher then said "so.... couldn't you guys still speak to her in Vietnamese though?" Like WTH?

Guest -ting-

I'm Chinese, but people think my family is Filipino. One of my friends thought so, too, because of my last name. - -

Guest Kizoku

Let's see...apparently I can pull off being Japanese or Korean. But I disagree. I don't think I look that Chinese though. XP

Once, I got Italian. That was strange.

Guest suppaazn

I'm Chinese.

Before, my skin tone is pretty dark so I get mistaken as a Filipino.

I don't know but I think my skin got lighter so I don't get mixed up as often.

Koreans mistaken me for a Korean..and even spoke it to me. I spoke back...and they still didn't notice. LOL

Guest jeahh

People used to think I was philipino when I was super dark and tanned... but now they think I'm korean... =/

Guest MarkieTheSharkie

Well I'm Thai and most people will never guess it. And when I finally tell them that I'm Thai they always think I'm from Taiwan...

Guest x3pinay

I'm Filipino, but people mistaken me for either

Chinese, Vietnamese, half Japanese or a mix of something.

Guest winksassy

most of the time.....

they think I'm filipino maybe because my eyes are big. haha

but when the teacher call my surname they are surprise that I'm chinese :lol:

when i travel go to other country and do the hairstyle of stars they think I'm korean or taiwanese

People think I'm Vietnamese a lot. But maybe that's because of my last name.

Once, I was talking to my friends about my new schedule, and our school counselor, Mr. Nguyen, took a look at the paper and started speaking to me in Vietnamese. I was like 'o______o Uh... I'm not Viet'. So yeah. Kind of not about me anymore, but he started speaking to my friends in Vietnamese and we were all like '... ?' They were Hmong. x3

Guest xdanbi

If they don't know my surname then they usually guess in this order: Chinese? Japanese? Korean?

If they do know then it's still Chinese then Korean.

I think some Chinese people have the surname Lee? >_<'

Guest v i t a ✖ d o l c e

Some guy asked me "hey are you chinese or asian?"

so i replied: "are you retarded or just stupid?"

A guy (hispanic) said to me and my korean friend: "ching chong richard simmons give me some dog wonton"

so i said "shut up beaner and go hop a border to get me taco bell"

I am viet btw.

I know what i said was rude but its not like their nice.

Archived