☆ 2 P M ★ Official Thread ☆

Guest touchtheskies.

I agree with kathymon. Please don't argue with edward, we have to follow the rules that are set out.

I'm so disappointed with this album! I thought Heartbeat would be something mind blowing and make me want to replay it over again & again ;D but sadly it felt like an odd song that didn't have the edge that 2PM is known for. I believe that edge was Jay. He brought everyone together in a very subtle way that we didn't notice until now. I really wanted to buy this album even with all the boycotting business but now I don't think it's worth my money. I love 2PM but this album really doesn't have the 2PM feel to me. It has too much auto-tune and feels a bit mediocre. Maybe it'll grow on me and I might buy it.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DON'T SEE ANYONE BOYCOTTING THEM AS FANS AND YOU ARE NOT WELCOME TO POST HERE.

I have a question about the new rule, even if I don't plan and never planned to write about that issue am I still banned here? I planned on sharing other 2PM stuff I may have that others don't, but I am not sure if I am allowed to post anymore. Even if my opinion differs am I banned from here, I am confused.

Guest pink.strawberrie;

I LOVE the new album. I like almost every song.

For some reason, I really like auto-tune, it makes everything sounds so smooth and robotic. I just can't tell their voices apart. Tired of waiting is by far my favourite song, I play it on repeat all the time. I hope they release a music video! Heartbeat is okay, I like the beginning and khun's parts because I am totally khun biased. <3

The songs are a little repetitive but they're not that bad.

I don't really like their new concept though....it's like dark, emo, fashion models. LOL. They still look amazing though but what did they do to Nichkhun's and Taecyeon's hair?!

oh and Junsu is still so incredibly sexy. <3

I'm still not used to 1:59 PM and I hope jay returns :/ I miss him to bits.

In the meantime, I still support the boys. <3

Guest silence457

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. THIS IS 2PM'S THREAD. 2PM'S THREAD!!! AND I SEE 2PM'S FANS DISSING 2PM'S NEWLY RELEASED FIRST FULL ALBUM RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD.

I BET IF JAY IS STILL HERE YOU GUYS WOULD SAY HOW AWESOME IT IS EVEN THOUGH THE MUSIC IS BASICALLY THE SAME. PLEASE STOP BEING BIASED. ALL THE MEMBERS WORKED HARD AND I CAN'T STAND SEEING THEIR EFFORTS BEING DISRESPECTED BY THEIR OWN FANS WHO SUPPORT THE BOYCOTT. YOU CAN SUPPORT THE BOYCOTT BUT DO NEVER DISS 2PM.

MOD DID THE RIGHT THING. THE PRO-BOYCOTT THING HAS BECOME DESPERATE. WHAT'S WITH THE BEGGING PEOPLE TO BOYCOTT? I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE.

I LOVE THE NEW ALBUM. NOT BECAUSE JAY IS NOT HERE THAT I STOP LOVING 2PM'S MUSIC. I WILL BUY 5 ALBUMS OF THEM TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS CAUSED BY THE BOYCOTT.

Guest YESUNGHWAITING!

I'm very sorry that my post was deemed 'unappropriate'.

And I'd also like to apologize if it offended anyone.

My post was not meant to shove beliefs down anyones throats, it was just to offer another point of view.

I love 2PM and I will always support them, I'm only afraid that JYPE will think that Jay is no longer necessary.

As a Hottest, that scares me more than anything.

I know that all of us are going through a very hard time and that we all miss Jay. That's why we have to stick together and support one another. We're all hurting.

It hurts me that some Hottests are arguing and accussing each other of not being 'real' fans.

What is the definition of a real fan?

Please respect everyones opinions.

Just because I stated my honest opinion and not blindly running into praising the album(n purchasing), probably fueled by your desire to counteract boycott doesn't make me bad fan...

If I like it I'd buy, if its not my kinda music, I am not gonna spend my money. Do what you need to make yourself feel better.

so you're not a fan? Go somewhere else to state your opinion. Like the mod said, this is the thread for those who support 2PM. Not those who take advantage of the sad situation of them to criticize them. What 2PM needs now is support, not boycott or criticism. I suggest you go to ALLKPOP to voice your opinion.

Guest silence457

Am I the only one who really enjoys the album? I actually find the album VERY GOOD. The songs are well produced, even though there might be too much auto-tune for some fans. But overall, I really feel the album. Because of the incident with Jay and all that, I thought they might not have enough time to produce a good album. But this has proved me wrong. (I am not a 2PM fan, so I am being very objective and unbiased).

The title track Heartbeat does not sound that odd for my taste, even though I actually enjoy the remixed version of Heartbeat better than the original version. IMHO, the genre of Heartbeat is not that *strange*, or it can be even quite popular in Kpop. I believe I heard a lot of kpop songs with this kind of structure (rapping verses with catchy hooks and choruses). The only difference is that the beat JYP use in Heartbeat is a bit more electro than people usually use. And just that JYP uses so many elements from different genres, so it's difficult to say it's Pop or R&B or Dance.

On the first listen, I really enjoy Back 2U. OMG, that awesome, superb and amazing intro. This song is really well produced with a soulful/R&B feel. Another song caught my attention is Only You - Acoustic version. It's nice to hear the guys' voice so clean and clear in such an emotional song.

On a final note, I think this album is the best release by 2PM so far. It's definitely worth buying, IMO.

No you're not the only one. I'm enjoying the album a lot. It is unique and trendy at the same time.

I don't see any better album among the idols in the market right now. JYPE produces the best quality music and his music actually gives off a fresh feeling, unlike the other manufactured songs normally seen these days. I am impressed.

Guys, seriously what is with all the bashing? Everyone one of you need to take a step back and maybe grow up a bit.

- If you're pro-boycott, no matter what you say or do, you'll be the bad person here atm. Just follow the rules set out and stop arguing with the other members. There are other forums that are pro-boycott, go and post there.

- If you're not for the boycott, understand that boycotting doesn't mean that they're not showing support for the boys, maybe actually read what the boycott is actually about before throwing your two cents in. I understand that you guys think that when people who boycott are totally just pushing the rest of 2PM away, but they arn't.

Ed, just close this thread until people here learn to grow up a bit.

Kathy

so you're not a fan? Go somewhere else to state your opinion. Like the mod said, this is the thread for those who support 2PM. Not those who take advantage of the sad situation of them to criticize them. What 2PM needs now is support, not boycott or criticism. I suggest you go to ALLKPOP to voice your opinion.

Why are you talking to me?

I dont think I need to answer to you if I am a fan or not and its my will whether I chose to 'talk' here or anywhere else.

I also didn't come here to argue with anyone but I only responded as someone's comment was directed towards the likes of people who discussed their album. Is it wrong to do that? You on the other hand are trying to pick a fight and I don't do that on the internet.

Guest lizramyun

I BET IF JAY IS STILL HERE YOU GUYS WOULD SAY HOW AWESOME IT IS EVEN THOUGH THE MUSIC IS BASICALLY THE SAME. PLEASE STOP BEING BIASED. ALL THE MEMBERS WORKED HARD AND I CAN'T STAND SEEING THEIR EFFORTS BEING DISRESPECTED BY THEIR OWN FANS WHO SUPPORT THE BOYCOTT. YOU CAN SUPPORT THE BOYCOTT BUT DO NEVER DISS 2PM.

sorry cut your post

i dont agree with you... its not that the music suckz or not its just that when one member its not there he music

dont feel the same well im not feel the same... when nickhun went to thailand and if you saw the performence of the other members you can see and feel that the song its not the same its just not the same....

soo i know that and everyone knows that the boys worked soo hard for this.... but you need to understand that we need to used for the song... and that one memeber its not there

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. THIS IS 2PM'S THREAD. 2PM'S THREAD!!! AND I SEE 2PM'S FANS DISSING 2PM'S NEWLY RELEASED FIRST FULL ALBUM RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD.

No even if Jay was here, I'd still think the Title song is bad. no offense. The raps aren't well constructed... and although I think Khun is a decent singer and a good dancer and very nice to look at, his rap part reminded me of an asian person trying to imitate someone ghetto and it just made me cringe. Junho's rap at the beginning didn't mesh well either, especially the way they made him rap in a flat tone, but Junsu's chorus was really good. There are other songs on the album that are better, I can't believe they picked THAT one with THAT arrangement to be the title. Talk about dropping the ball. :/ I'm not dissing 2PM as individuals, but musically this album could have been better. As a fan, we should be critical of them so that they will continue to improve. If we settle for sub-par music, or sub-par performances, then we're not helping them either, we're not making them any better.

And please Don't criticize others just because they have a different point of view. Just because we hold a certain stance (either you're boycott/non-boycott) doesn't mean that we are obliged to not like or like the album. your personal music preference and your ethical choice about the boycott are two MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE THINGS.

MOD DID THE RIGHT THING. THE PRO-BOYCOTT THING HAS BECOME DESPERATE. WHAT'S WITH THE BEGGING PEOPLE TO BOYCOTT? I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE.

I LOVE THE NEW ALBUM. NOT BECAUSE JAY IS NOT HERE THAT I STOP LOVING 2PM'S MUSIC. I WILL BUY 5 ALBUMS OF THEM TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS CAUSED BY THE BOYCOTT.

For people who can't stand boycott talk-- all I want to say is that the boycott IS REALITY. I've posted here a lot about it, being anti-boycott in the beginning and pro-boycott now, but I have NEVER ONCE begged anyone to agree with me. So I want to tell you that pro-boycotters are NOT desperate. In my eyes, the people who complain about boycott posts are the desperate ones. Just because they cannot deal with the fact that a portion of fans have decided to take a certain stance, they complain to the Mods? you say you come here for information but the truth is that for the past 2 months there was VERY LITTLE ACTUAL PRESS RELEASE from JYPE. So if no one came in here w/ updates about HOTTEST fandom and "rumors," then this thread would be as dead as the look on 2PM's faces in the album photos. A Fan Thread isn't just for spazzing about how hot the boys look. It's for information exchange. Whether that's good news or bad. And even if boycotters have pleaded with others to try to see our side, we have NEVER ATTACKED others for not agreeing. I have never read a boycotter say that if you are not boycotting 2PM, you don't truly understand what the boys want. Where as right now, Mods censoring boycott talk is allowing members who may or may not even BE 2PM fans to attack us, call us names, and twist our intentions. I am not asking the Mod to take a side, but I believe we should at least be allowed equal playing field.

And the thing is, there are really Khottest in Korea who are boycotting them. I don't understand why mods agreed to censor calm conversation about something that's actually really happening. It's like Germany denying the Holocaust ever happened. We can't talk about actual current events that is going on? I'm not asking anyone to support one side or another here. I never have in the past and I don't plan to in the future. But I think that forced censorship on calm, informative, sincere discussion just because some fans choose to adopt the ostrich (I'm going to bury my head in the sand and pretend like it's not happening, or "out of sight out of mind") attitude is very amateur. I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ALREADY MADE THE RULE, BUT I wanted to give you my insight and feedback for future situations that I'm sure you will encounter as a mod on a busy forum such as this.

Guest silence457

Guys, seriously what is with all the bashing? Everyone one of you need to take a step back and maybe grow up a bit.

- If you're pro-boycott, no matter what you say or do, you'll be the bad person here atm. Just follow the rules set out and stop arguing with the other members. There are other forums that are pro-boycott, go and post there.

- If you're not for the boycott, understand that boycotting doesn't mean that they're not showing support for the boys, maybe actually read what the boycott is actually about before throwing your two cents in. I understand that you guys think that when people who boycott are totally just pushing the rest of 2PM away, but they arn't.

Ed, just close this thread until people here learn to grow up a bit.

Kathy

I agree with you on all points, but not closing the thread please. this is just a few hours after the album is released. people will not have heated debate anymore after one day. Then we can all enjoy the music and wait for the MV.

QUOTE (silence457 @ Nov 9 2009, 04:46 PM)

No even if Jay was here, I'd still think the Title song is bad. no offense. The raps aren't well constructed... and although I think Khun is a decent singer and a good dancer and very nice to look at, his rap part reminded me of an asian person trying to imitate someone ghetto and it just made me cringe. Junho's rap at the beginning didn't mesh well either, especially the way they made him rap in a flat tone, but Junsu's chorus was really good. There are other songs on the album that are better, I can't believe they picked THAT one with THAT arrangement to be the title. Talk about dropping the ball. :/ I'm not dissing 2PM as individuals, but musically this album could have been better. As a fan, we should be critical of them so that they will continue to improve. If we settle for sub-par music, or sub-par performances, then we're not helping them either, we're not making them any better.

And please Don't criticize others just because they have a different point of view. Just because we hold a certain stance (either you're boycott/non-boycott) doesn't mean that we are obliged to not like or like the album. your personal music preference and your ethical choice about the boycott are two MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE THINGS.

QUOTE (silence457 @ Nov 9 2009, 04:46 PM)

For people who can't stand boycott talk-- all I want to say is that the boycott IS REALITY. I've posted here a lot about it, being anti-boycott in the beginning and pro-boycott now, but I have NEVER ONCE begged anyone to agree with me. So I want to tell you that pro-boycotters are NOT desperate. In my eyes, the people who complain about boycott posts are the desperate ones. Just because they cannot deal with the fact that a portion of fans have decided to take a certain stance, they complain to the Mods? you say you come here for information but the truth is that for the past 2 months there was VERY LITTLE ACTUAL PRESS RELEASE from JYPE. So if no one came in here w/ updates about HOTTEST fandom and "rumors," then this thread would be as dead as the look on 2PM's faces in the album photos. A Fan Thread isn't just for spazzing about how hot the boys look. It's for information exchange. Whether that's good news or bad.

And the thing is, there are really Khottest in Korea who are boycotting them. I don't understand why mods agreed to censor calm conversation about something that's actually really happening. It's like Germany denying the Holocaust ever happened. We can't talk about actual current events that is going on? I'm not asking anyone to support one side or another here. I never have in the past and I don't plan to in the future. But I think that forced censorship on calm, informative, sincere discussion just because some fans choose to adopt the ostrich (I'm going to bury my head in the sand and pretend like it's not happening, or "out of sight out of mind") attitude is very amateur.

ok I really want to argue with you but it seems that the mod is really pissed off right now and can close the thread anytime, which I don't want to happen. so I will talk about this with you later. But for now please please please PEACE.

Guest immaballa

Clearly, everyone is refraining from being biased.

I realize that the pro boycotting hottests are expressing their worries on this thread.

To most of you this will come off as annoying, maybe even disrespectful.

But this is because we love 2pm. No one is dissing them.

We are afraid of the loss of Jay in 2PM, in JYP, and in people's hearts.

As people, we are worried. And beyond that of ourselves, as fans, we are worried for 2PM.

We do not want the remaining 6 members, who were the closest to Jay, to forget him, to lose him.

If, in this thread, we do not constantly emphasize Jay's absence and remind readers of former Leadja's existence, it is likely, that sooner of later, as much as no one wants to admit it, we will move on.

There is no doubt, that we still support 2PM as they are now.

But we can't stand watching him slowly disintegrate from people's minds.

sorry but i think i must let this out:

To me, it is personal decision as to whether one supports the boycott or not.. either way, that does not make him or her a lesser 2PM fan.. Each and every 2PM fan can decide which route to take.. Fair?

The reason why Edward is taking such a stance is because the SAME BOYCOTT / ANTI-BOYCOTT ISSUE HAD BEEN GOING ON AND ON AND ON AND ON....

Basically, it is all REPETITIONS AND REGURGITATION. So much so that it is getting onto some people's nerves...

You know, just like a Mummy nagging at her kid.. all out of good intentions but it gets irritating if she repeats like a broken recorder..

I guess it was just me but I haven't seen any bashing going on except 1 or 2 comments that was overly sarcastic.

I can understand how boycotters can be seen as "not fans" if the controversy didn't occur but Jay's situation is different.

Nevertheless, we lost here..the new rule is already made

I don't love "Heartbeat".."Tired of Waiting" was better

'All Night Long' - good

Gimme the Light - good

I would like to add:

Linking boycotters to being not fans brings up the question of what is a true fan.

Adding the no boycotting rule is a tiny bit somewhat understandable but isn't it kinda harsh to label the boycott supporters as not fans.

Guest realization

Okay so I just listened to all the NEW songs (excluding the remixes of the old ones) and frankly I'm a bit iffy on it.

I love the songs. The beat, the melody, the lyrics, and the theme of it all.

HOWEVER, asides from the whole "Jaebum's missing so it sounds empty" business WHICH I AGREE WITH, I'm actually not enjoying some of the effects they added in the song.

I mean the autotune... maybe if they toned it down a bit.

Some songs, like Tired of Waiting, I liked the teaser better.

But in general, if I judge impartially and not include the loss of Jaebum's voice in the new songs in my judgment, I'd have to give the album a 3.5/5

Not too bad, not too good. You know?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Only You remix.

In their concept photos.....................................................

I personally like their old hair better? I mean the concept is hot <3 With the white suits and such, but their hair........ I'm not a very big fan of. :/

EDIT:

Okay so I read the allkpop article. So I guess I won't have to burn down JYPE's buildings after all. Hahaha Just kidding <3 I love him for trying. All least it definitely verifies the fact that JYP is smart. All this time we were having doubts, I'm guilty of it too, but now we know that he's trying. Still, we'll have to see if he succeeds cause Jaebum did suffer a traumatic experience. It's up to Jaebum! I definitely give kudos to JYP for trying <3

I BET IF JAY IS STILL HERE YOU GUYS WOULD SAY HOW AWESOME IT IS EVEN THOUGH THE MUSIC IS BASICALLY THE SAME. PLEASE STOP BEING BIASED.

I kinda agree not fully tho :)

people have their friggin opinions why do u need to bash eachother?

I only came here to look at wats happening coz people are getting angry :/

forgive me i do not know the whole story about this mod thing and everyone elses arguments.. but everyone loves 2PM and we are all hottests

EVERYONE has their own frigging opinion.... express your view but dont start going OTT and bashing or even hurt someones feelings....

I dont think 2PM would want hottests to fight because of them :)

MY VIEW ONLY dont start bashing me too T_T

Guest junegirlus2001

^

^ their concept photos are a bit scary...

like their part of a mafia or something lol

and then the blurry members.....

so emo!!

anyways at first i didnt think the songs were that great....

but its sort of growing on me....

but i sort of wish tired of waiting was the title song....

in my honest opinion...its better than heartbeat..........

i wonder what their mv will look like.....

and did anyone read allkpop?

jyp talks about possibly bringing back jay???

2PM’s Jaebeom is coming back!?

On the upcoming episode of MBC's Golden Fishery set to air on the 11th, JYP carefully brought up Jaebeom and hinted about his return to 2PM.

JYP Entertainment stated:

"We slightly touched upon Jaebeom's possible return, JYP's statement can be considered another step in that direction. But it is not set in stone. However, this should at least answer fans' confusion and clear up the situation a bit."

Although the details of the full episode have not been revealed yet, it is hinting at the fact that JYP is actively pursuing and anticipating Jaebeom's return. This is also the first time that JYP has spoken on this issue. The full episode will air on the 11th and allkpop will provide full coverage on the details. Stay tuned.

Thanks to Peter for the tip.

credit allkpop.com

idk...his comment doesnt really say anything//////

Archived