Yoon Eun Hye 윤은혜 ♡ ♡ ✨

Nakiami Kyoko

MariYEH,

Thank for sharing with us your insights..I read somewhere that the original writers of My Fair Lady were replaced, paving the way for changes in the plot..

I like the original plot.....

You are right, I should have not lost confidence in Yoon Eun Hye as far her ability to discern what is good script or not....It's just she is too kindhearted and loyal resulting to mess...

On the other note, YEH is too popular that articles, especially the negative ones, are being translated because of the hit....I am wondering too why media are not playing up the negative articles of other actresses and actors. Of course, other famous actors and actresses had shared of downs and failures ...Fortunate for them, the media did not play up their unsuccessful bids...Too bad, media love to play up negative articles about YEH...

Well, I know YEH's kindness will pay off and she will be blessed with good projects because of good karma..fighting

Guest kevin1320

she has nothing to do with the script

seriously, lucky is one of the main reasons that can make the drama success

why? cause writer WILL NOT write the script until the actor signs a contact with the production team, so before signing a contact, the actor can only know the synopsis and their characters, they HAVE NO IDEA how the plot would be and how it is going to be.

so we CANT blame the actor for choosing bad project

but wish her a luck this time

Guest santaiah178

The only difference is that bloggers, soompi, hancinema, allkpop, dramabeans and other international sites dont translate the negative korean articles or media reports pertaining to acting criticisms about those other actresses, while all of Yoon Eun Hye's articles good or bad, everything gets translated because they get more hits on their site when they report about her.  That's the good part about those actresses is that they have powerful agencies who can protect them and their agency can take care of the bad articles for them...YEH is at a disadvantage because she owns her own agency and she pretty much manages herself.

Sorry for cutting your post MariYEH. I understand what you mean by this paragraph. I've been a YEH fans for long enough to witnessing how YEH's treated unfairly by some bloggers and international sites for their negative news regarding her. International viewer & fans might be fooled by their "edited coverage" but Korean viewer & fans know the truth. And thanks GOD we have you and CDBloom and some other YEH Korean fans who can give us the actual fact/situation regarding our beloved YEH.

Until now I still don't get it why YEH's got bad treatment compare to other actresses (HJW, KHN, SA etc.). Is it because she's came from a girl group (idol) or it's because her smooth career (too fast to be a top star) that make others jealous ?? Yes I know that "bad news is a good news" but it doesn't mean it can justify their act. But I guess they don't really care about "ethic in covering a story" as long as their news can be a hit excl.gif  

For those who like or love YEH (fans) those negative news won't be taken for granted. They will "investigate" to find out the truth. But for those who dislike or indifferent about her, they will take the "negative news" as it is. In other word it will give YEH a bad image (too bad she doesn't have a powerful agency who can protect and defend her). I don't have to elaborate how bad her image is after staring in 2 last project which are considered "failure". Every comments on topic related to her will talk about it regardless her superb performance on Coffee Prince dry.gif

I think that's what motivated some warriors here to voicing their concern over YEH's next project. Cause we don't want her to be bashed or belittled since we know that YEH is a talented actor. 

Guest MariYEH

Not a problem curiousyeh I understand the frustrations of fans.

I don't have to elaborate how bad her image is after staring in 2 last project which are considered "failure". Every comments on topic related to her will talk about it regardless her superb performance on Coffee Prince

Lol trust me, its not even worth a sweat cause her image hasn't taken a toll in Korea nor is she considered a failure in Korea for her last 2 projects. My Fair Lady's ratings reached 20% thats what I hardly call a failure. Look at it this way, My Fair Lady has higher ratings than some dramas that aired and had high ratings last year. In Lie To Me, drama critics praised her acting.

You shouldn't let those commentators from blog sites like dramabeans get to you. They are nobody and they have their own biases, what they say has no weight on YEH's career and how she is viewed in Korea.

Notice that when the favorite actors of those bloggers are doing really bad in ratings and are getting acting criticisms in Korea, they wont write about that drama and the actor getting hammered by critics to avoid their fave actor from getting bashed. But when YEH did Lie To Me, they dissected every detail and made a mountain out of a mole hill....they kept writing recaps for many episodes yet dissing it at the same time. And only after the drama had gathered enough haters through their blogs did they stopped the recap. But do they do that to their favorite actors when they are doing bad? No! They just dont write about that drama at all. That should be enough to show you that those sites are unreliable.

For example, right now, Han Ga In is getting hammered with acting criticisms for the high rated drama 'The Moon Embraces The Sun", the criticism in Korea has gotten so bad that her agency had to release a statement saying "It's only the beginning, please look forward to future episodes" even the PD issued a statement saying

"Well, nothing I can say about your opinions on bad directing and bad acting by the actors, but please remember that the child actors didn't get their success simply on their own."

^if that happened to YEH all hell would break lose. Every english, indonesian, chinese and etc. news outlet and blog site would translate the acting criticism article and it would be all over the place.

That's just one example of how other actors are also receiving criticism in Korea but most people dont hear about it internationally, because it is not being translated and magnified unlike all Yoon Eun Hye's news. But just because you dont see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. ;)

I maybe late for this, but thank you warriors for the warm welcome, notonly for me but for all the newbies here in YEH’s thread.laugh.gif

As a fan, I can only wish and pray the best for YEH, I hope that shecould land a role that would challenge and further develop her skills as anactress. I’m also hoping that YEH’s next project would be phenomenal whichwould silent those who questions YEH’s ability as an actress. YEH is the onlyforeign actress who made me nuts like this. I was really drawn with her charmand warm personality. Just like many of us here, I am eagerly and impatiently waitingfor the announcement of her new project. I really miss her a lot.sad.gif

By the way, I hope that YEH’s thread will remain to be as lively yetpeaceful as it is right now, where bashing others has no place in here. Also,YEH’s warriors are one of the reasons why my love for YEH has flourished anddeepened for they exudes epitome of a true warrior. Moreso, you warriors have earnedmy respect for being so outspoken yet disciplined and rational all the time.Kudos to all of you.biggrin.gif

its always good not to look back at past decisions regardless of the consequences.YET its not good either to always have excuses for it. i said it before and i'll say it again YEH looks to me to be a wise and very competent person so i trust her instinct .i know for sure though that here in the US and even in my home country if you expect funding for any project you have to have a finish script a very through and completed one not just a concept. that for sure will make it possible for others to get a good feeling for the project. of course it will always face revisions according to the present circumstances or events but at least its there already.thats why i keep saying a completed script.. if that's the case that writers can still rewrite or change script before production why not include it in the contact something like original script maintain. if YEH cant back out because of signed contract then for sure they can have stipulations about a script originality as well.i watch other drama or movie only if the story is good. at times i base on critics result.but with YEH is a different matter. i watch to support her only.i get tender hearted for this young woman.short of coming to korea and wringing her antis necks.

i am sure i am not the only one with this way of thinking so i hope for YEH's career she can find something solid and sensible.a hit nah! but something critically will be recognize and be remembered as well. i said i dont compare YEH with others its true. but like a mother to a daughter i want something different and bigger for her.at least before marriage.

momche

Guest MariYEH

i know for sure though that here in the US and even in my home country if you expect funding for any project you have to have a finish script a very through and completed one not just a concept. that for sure will make it possible for others to get a good feeling for the project. of course it will always face revisions according to the present circumstances or events but at least its there already.thats why i keep saying a completed script.. if that's the case that writers can still rewrite or change script before production why not include it in the contact something like original script maintain. if YEH cant back out because of signed contract then for sure they can have stipulations about a script originality as well.

But that's the thing, such cases is handled differently in Korea. Its not something that can be changed just like that, cause it has always been that way in Korea. Sure YEH is a smart girl but she can't change the system.

Live shooting,incomplete scripts, revision of script is something that occurs there a lot. That's why some actresses have a nervous breakdown, lose their minds and even flee the country cause they can't take it anymore. Having stipulations in contracts dont mean much there, just look at what happened to that one actress who had a written contract with the production company. They still didn't honor it, so the actress had a nervous breakdown and fled. Going up against a big company to sue them eventhough you celebs have concrete evidence against the companie is not that easy either, cause companies would pull every dirty trick in the book just to ruin the actors or even make up false claims against them. So the actors are often scared to fight for their right.

In Korea, all they give the actors is a concept script or summary, situations for each episode, not the complete script with all episodes finished. There are some exceptions of course, like for dramas that were scheduled to air but have been in a backburner and couldn't find a timeslot for a long time... or like in the case of Love Song, at first they only completed writing about 4 written episodes, but thinking that the project would still materialize, during the waiting period, the writer was able to completely finish writing all the episodes. Too bad things just didn't work out.

That's why looking a drama with all written/completed episodes is like asking for the moon.

But that's the thing, such cases is handled differently in Korea. Its not something that can be changed just like that, cause it has always been that way in Korea. Sure YEH is a smart girl but she can't change the system.

Live shooting,incomplete scripts, revision of script is something that occurs there a lot. That's why some actresses have a nervous breakdown, lose their minds and even flee the country cause they can't take it anymore. Having stipulations in contracts dont mean much there, just look at what happened to that one actress who had a written contract with the production company. They still didn't honor it, so the actress had a nervous breakdown and fled. Going up against a big company to sue them eventhough you celebs have concrete evidence against the companie is not that easy either, cause companies would pull every dirty trick in the book just to ruin the actors or even make up false claims against them. So the actors are often scared to fight for their right.

In Korea, all they give the actors is a concept script or summary, situations for each episode, not the complete script with all episodes finished. There are some exceptions of course, like for dramas that were scheduled to air but have been in a backburner and couldn't find a timeslot for a long time... or like in the case of Love Song, at first they only completed writing about 4 written episodes, but thinking that the project would still materialize, during the waiting period, the writer was able to completely finish writing all the episodes. Too bad things just didn't work out.

That's why looking a drama with all written/completed episodes is like asking for the moon.

holy cow if that's the case in korea then does it mean give up the ghost.i am proud of that actress for at least trying to make a difference. i am more proud of the few who had the courage to support her.there are ways to bring up changes .i am sure it took guts to make a strong statement but at least its known.people respected her more now.the uglies who cares they are bunch of spineless people anyways.

women can vote now for crying out loud. but say that's the way it is in korea so grit your teeth and bear it.its very sad. i am not asking YEH to become an activist at all. no way jose.but if for her to get a well written script is near hell in reality then what to do? i feel sorry for her... so i say dont lose hope YEH and fans. there is always a way. no situations can be that deadly impossible. maybe YEH can accept a project with seasoned writers, the hong sisters for example? MAYBE?

mari i really do appreciate you a lot. your knowledge and understanding is amazing.thank you.

momche

How are YOON doing, warriors??

I am really enjoying those " guessing game ". Thank you MariYEH for many clues.

BTW, I am wondering that the drama " Love Song" has been canceled??? or they are still looking for the lead actor??

I hope they are and YEH's next project will be the one.

It is just my New Year's Hope.blush.gif

Yep I knew it too that they try to get YEH for years. If it been offered to other actors/actresses, they will say yes without think twice and be very proud to be picked as leads on Hong Sisters's drama. But YEH is different, she's so unpredictable. She even turned down the big budget hallyu drama/romcom "The King". I think big name script writer or PD won't detered her to say no if she doesn't like the plot or not confident with the character she will portray. So lets pray she will choose wisely this time.

momche, I'm one of a few who's dying to see YEH in a heavier and more challenging role *quoted image*

yes santaiah. i really feeling the lack of a YEH drama somehow. something that will bring out the best of her. i really dont watch just any drama so the waiting is really so annoying.but YEH is worth waiting for.

momche

Guest santaiah178

if that happened to YEH all hell would break lose.  Every english, indonesian, chinese and etc. news outlet and blog site would translate the acting criticism article and it would be all over the place.

That's just one example of how other actors are also receiving criticism in Korea but most people dont hear about it internationally, because it is not being translated and magnified unlike all Yoon Eun Hye's news. But just because you dont see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. ;)

You're right. Even in my country (Indonesia) they (media) always translate the news (about Korean entertainment) from international site precisely word by word. Thankfully not all of my fellow Indonesian will buy it smile.gif That's why I always go to a more reliable source like this thread and yooneunhye.net.

yes santaiah. i really feeling the lack of a YEH drama somehow. something that will bring out the best of her. i really dont watch just any drama so the waiting is really so annoying.but YEH is worth waiting for.

momche

You know momche, I've read some interviews of Jeon Do Yeon and Song Hye Gyo when they're promoting their movie. They said that it's very difficult to find a project where the plot's highlighted on women story. Most of projects they've been offering (whether it a drama or movie) are all about men and the female character (female lead) is just a "supporting" character. A project where female character stand out is very rare. So I can imagine if it's hard for our YEH to find a good plot for her next project since most of her past project centering on her character. 

I always have a feeling that YEH is a kind of actress who will answer back to the challenge beautifully, like her character as GEC. And I'm hoping that she will find it at her next project.

Guest MariYEH

holy cow if that's the case in korea then does it mean give up the ghost.i am proud of that actress for at least trying to make a difference. i am more proud of the few who had the courage to support her.there are ways to bring up changes .i am sure it took guts to make a strong statement but at least its known.people respected her more now.the uglies who cares they are bunch of spineless people anyways.

women can vote now for crying out loud. but say that's the way it is in korea so grit your teeth and bear it.its very sad. i am not asking YEH to become an activist at all. no way jose.but if for her to get a well written script is near hell in reality then what to do? i feel sorry for her... so i say dont lose hope YEH and fans. there is always a way. no situations can be that deadly impossible. maybe YEH can accept a project with seasoned writers, the hong sisters for example? MAYBE?

mari i really do appreciate you a lot. your knowledge and understanding is amazing.thank you.

momche

You're welcome momche :sweatingbullets: Check your inbox. :)

Sad but true. also sad for that actress cause her career had gone down a lot because of that incident.

Hmmm I wouldn't say just grit their teeth and bear everything but more like choose their battles wisely. And choose a battle where they at least have a chance of winning cause their career is at stake.

YEH chooses her battles as well. I remember in 2007 when she was going to sue her former management company (eight peaks) and stand up for her rights, until the company backed down and finally set her free.

I mean if one takes a stand, it has to be something that you are willing to fight for and risk everything for till the end.

In regards to the actress that fled and tried to take a stand, her efforts was wasted cause in the end, she still ended up going back and surrendered herself. Her image took a huge toll downwards cause the company had good connections with the media outlets, who blasted her in articles ruthlessly.

BTW, I am wondering that the drama " Love Song" has been canceled??? or they are still looking for the lead actor??

I hope they are and YEH's next project will be the one.

It is just my New Year's Hope.*quoted image*

Yes it has been cancelled. One of my hope is for it to push through in the future, with YEH in it of course.

Guest amber1982

@MariYEH, Thank you for the insightful infos about K-Entertainment industry.

I just wish for the best for YEH, she always been the only actress that I'm addicted to.

I've always believed in karma...you do good things, good things will happen to you. YEH's sense of professionalism (not backing out despite a change in script in the case of MFL) and loyalty (in the case of LTM) will win for her good projects in the near future...

The only thing that makes me uneasy is how media hypes up YEH's projects, thereby increasing people's expectations, consequently putting a lot of pressure on YEH.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have not heard of KBS's drama project after Wild Romance (March to May) whereas MBC already has The King (Lee Seung Gi, Ha Ji Won) and SBS has The Rooftop Prince (Yoochun, Han Ji Min). MariYEH said that if YEH accepts the project, it will be with KBS....hmmm....

More twitter picture...this time with 84 over e hat :lol:

*quoted image*

From YEH twitter

Thank you chichocs !!

Oh gosh, she looks tired...and thin...I like her cubby face though.

She might be busy preparing FM@Fukuoka??

I am wondering why she holds a FM in such a short notice...

It could be OK in Korea, but  IN JAPAN????

I hope the ticket sales are doing good.

igigi@Thanks to MariYEH....Sad thing (TOT).. Love Song could be a masterpiece of her work.

Thank you chichocs !!

Oh gosh, she looks tired...and thin...I like her cubby face though.

She might be busy preparing FM@Fukuoka??

I am wondering why she holds a FM in such a short notice...

It could be OK in Korea, but  IN JAPAN????

I hope the ticket sales are doing good.

igigi@Thanks to MariYEH....Sad thing (TOT).. Love Song could be a masterpiece of her work.

hi igigi...yes she looked tired cause she had activity yesterday :lol:

YEH recently promoting " 84 over e " brand n will open next month ;)

Guest kevin1320

hi igigi...yes she looked tired cause she had activity yesterday :lol:

YEH recently promoting " 84 over e " brand n will open next month ;)

ss, i think she became "84 over e"'s model huh??

pretty much, cause she said she got her nail art done for a shoot, then i guess she shoot some picture for that brand

btw, she has wore this brand clothes a few time

chillingromance20111121.jpg

yooneunhyeshopping.jpg