Which Asian Nationality Have Natural Double Eyelids Without Surgery

Guest MARYGRASS

Guest 13Beloved

I think most of people from South-East Asia countries have double-eyelids, like Indonesian, Malay, Thai, Phillipino, etc... coz of their ancient ancestors/ethnicities I think... They have such a big eyes & natural double-eyelids :rolleyes:

I'm Indonesian but I'm pure chinese... Altho' I'm only have single-eyelids when I was little, but I have double-eyelids rite' now... dunno why exactly this can happen actually... hehehehe... :sweatingbullets:

As Indonesian you should know the difference between the terms 'Malay' and 'Malaysians'. Most Indonesians, Filipinos and Malaysians belong to the Malay race. 'Malay' and 'Malaysians' are not always the same. A Malaysian can be a Malay but not every Malay is Malaysian. :)

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PetitePrincesseMai

Im viet too and I have double eyelid.....but really I reckon it doesn't really matter what ethnic it's from, it's jst genetic..I think!!! I think it's mainly depends on your family genes... my whole family have double eyelid except my second oldest brother.

Doesn't matter where you're from? I think it does a bit. Compare whites and asian. Personally I've never seen a white person having single eyelids, nor a latino person. So I guess where you're from does count. I mean there are exceptions. As for Asian nationality that have double eyelids I think most of them are arabics (all of them have double eyelids). And I think Vietnamese people. So much of them have double eyelids.

Guest SongBird

Ethnicity, not nationality.

I am Vietnamese and I have double as well as everyone else in my immediate family except my younger brother he has one double and one single.

I think girls with single eyelids are sexy. The whole concept of beauty that everyone else holds doesn't appeal to me. I appreciate the natural unique beauties.

Guest -babii3×chiink- ~♥

i think its a random general spread among the asian ethnicities.

i'm chinese, and i have the double eyelid thing.

i never knew about it until highschool :o

Guest Im4evaraqt

I think I read in the book, Beauty Up: Exploring Contemporary Japanese Body Aesthetics written by Dr. Laura Miller (who specializes in Japan Studies, including pop culture) somewhere I read that about 80% of the population have naturally double-lided eyes. The occurence of double-eyelids, she goes on, is less likely in Korean or Chinese populations.

For me, I think I've seen a lot of Vietnamese people with natural double-eyelids as well. But I think it is because many of them can be mixed with the French. I don't really understand, but my mom said that a great percentage of people of Vietnamese decent (she said maybe 80%) have a bit of French blood perhaps because of colonization (Indochina?). But I honestly don't know, I mean, I didn't really study this at all, and I might have quoted and stated some stuff wrong, so I wouldn't take my word for it.

But I also think that it could vary in cultures. I mean not EVERYONE in whatever country is going to be naturally single-eyelided and stuff. It just, varies~~

Guest Zodiacgrl89

Please those Viets who claim they are mixed are delusional. Despite living in a country the whites would not mixed with the locals.

Archived