[movie 2009] The Naked Kitchen 키친

Guest cheli001

Guest lot_lot

pongky, thank you so much for the links :D I'm getting Kitchen fever! I love the chemistry between JJH and SMA :blush: KTW made statements, translated, that the love scenes are steamy and made him blush.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... some stills from Kitchen, credit as labeled

_u2i0320-1_love_kitchen.jpg

_u2i0356-1_love_kitchen.jpg

_u2i9420-1_love_kitchen.jpg

_u2i2516-2_love_kitchen.jpg

... looking forward to this film... :w00t:

waves @ pongpong... thanks for the downloadable linkie

rgds :D

Kitchen - making-of clips

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/making/2009/01/kichen_kim.wmv

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/making/2009/01/kitchen_char_joo.wmv

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/making/2009/01/kitchen_char_mina.wmv

Pics from TNK preview, 19-Jan, credit as labeled/dcblack

g2072hh2.jpg

g2061dw9.jpg

g2078hw3.jpg

g2079jq5.jpg

^ so far, these are the only pics that leaked from the VIP preview *thanks tinenini for the last 3 pix

I hope there's more...

Anyway, according to dcblack, these are some of the celebrities seen in the VIP preview

나갈때 인터뷰도 많이 하던데.. 여백 식구들, 장수임, 최지호, 유아인, 공효진, 엄지원,

류덕환, 하상백, 송지효, 유준상, 윤은혜, 엄정화 등 꽤 온 것 같더라며

lemme see if I can get the names right -- Jang Soo Im, Choi JiHo, Yoo Ah In, Kong HyoJin,

Uhm JiWon, Ryoo Deok Hwan, Ha Sang Beg, Song Ji Hyo, Yu Jun Sang, Yoon Eun Hye, Uhm Jung Wha...

credit deka_if @ soompi news thread

2009/01/20

(Movie Review)

Delicious meals spawn unexpected romance in 'The Naked Kitchen'

SEOUL, Jan. 20 (Yonhap) -- The first thing you'll want to do after watching this sugary romantic film is have a delicious homemade dinner. Then, you may trot out to explore the hidden streets of Seoul with hopes of falling in love with the first person you bump into.

Love can turn any ordinary dish into the most exotic cuisine you have ever tasted, and make Seoul seem as exciting as Paris or New York -- but can you really handle it, the South Korean movie "The Naked Kitchen" asks.

The movie, the first feature-length film by emerging director Hong Ji-young, examines a question that everyone has asked at least once: Is love a moment of irresistible passion, or is it a tranquil part of everyday life?

While touching on the meaning of love and the sensitive subject of infidelity, director Hong immerses the movie in scrumptious meals, summer sunshine and charming props that seem uniquely Korean, proving Korean chick flicks have a chance at becoming their very own genre.

Mo-rae (Synn Min-a) is a twenty-something parasol designer who seems to be everything a man could dream of in a wife. Mild-tempered and sweet, Mo-rae married the first -- and only -- man she has ever loved. In fact, they were playmates as toddlers.

The husband, Sang-in (Kim Tae-woo), is a hotshot fund manager who dreams of becoming a chef. Encouraged by his loving wife's full support, Sang-in quits his job and prepares to open a fusion Korean restaurant.

Everything seems to go well for the happily married couple until another man, Du-re (Ju Ji-hun), enters their lives.

As their rhyming names indicate, Mo-rae and Du-re are drawn to each other from the moment they accidentally bump into each other.

Reflecting her perhaps childish, but honest personality, Mo-rae confesses her onetime, but passionate, affair to her husband who says, "Let's not reopen the wound, and forget this ever happened."

The wound barely has time to heal, however, as Du-re turns out to be a talented cook who flies to Seoul from Paris to give a piece of culinary advice to Sang-in, his longtime friend.

The plot of the movie is quite simple. Rather than unfolding through incidents or heated moments of confrontation, the movie quietly portrays how the three characters handle their feelings of love, passion and jealousy in their everyday lives.

The strength of this movie is not in the plot or depth of the story, but in the way the director lays out each scene to assemble one big picture: that of home-cooked meals, cozy homes, blue skies and families and friends.

Instead of verbalizing his jealousy and anxiety after discovering the affair between his wife and friend, Sang-in eats a hamburger at a baseball game. For a chef noted for creating an "unchanging and seemingly everlasting taste," eating fast food shows how deeply hurt and devastated he is.

Director Hong, considered one of the most talented young female filmmakers in Korea, has already shown her ability to slowly absorb the audience rather than force them into her story with her short movies "Rosa Story" and "Herstory." Both movies were well received by critics at the Cologne International Women's Film Festival and the Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival in 1999 and 1995, respectively,

"I made the movie thinking romance might be the last dream and hope for all adults," the 38-year-old director told the audience at the movie's preview.

Ironically, it took barely two months to complete the movie, whose message seems to be "slow and steady cooking makes the best meals."

"The Naked Kitchen" will hit screens nationwide on Feb. 5.

Credits : Shin Hae-in / hayney@yna.co.kr

Source : Yonhaps News

EDIT: At last, a bit of a VIP preview, vid linkie credit daumgung

키친 시사회 은혜 인터뷰 영상

EDIT 2: YTN news & vid linkie

<키친>시사회에 공효진, 윤은혜, 송지효까지 출동

Have a great day everyone...

PG15 for The Naked Kitchen... *pretty wholesome just like AB :blush:

ratingpk0.jpg

credit SOOfilm website

the lady behind The Naked Kitchen, PD 홍지영

95367531ah0.jpg

credit dcblack

Picsies form The Naked Kitchen VIP preview last Jan 19, credit daumkitchen/baidu

6428cd243b6aad1e4d088d4f.jpg

54369d3870a34bddd462254f.jpg

dc9eed175cca6316c83d6d4f.jpg

Captures of some celebrities who attended...

윤은혜

etc_395533.jpg

송지효

etc_395531.jpg

박희순

etc_395532.jpg

엄정화

etc_395534.jpg

유아인

etc_395535.jpg

Archived