Guest princessberry

Me : 

Good feeling at least?

Taller than me :D

Buff/tough

Clean?

hahaha omg, im not gonna end if i really list everything out ! :P

what is that supposed to mean? 

That means basically doing anything with God in mind. Being conscious before acting or saying anything if it pleases God or not.

If he always think "will he approve of what i'm doing right now?" then he is living in a Godly way. :)

doesn't mean to be perfect, coz everyone isn't perfect.

but i hope he atleast try to do everything according to what is right in God's eyes.

that's my ideal guy. :D

@mintcracker: Everyone commits sins everyday, i'm just saying that instead of him being indifferent about God, or doesn't even care about him. I hope my future bf will atleast try to think about what is right in God's eyes. that's all.

Guest rachiepoo

LOL "no fatties" hahaha blunt much?

Suuure there are heaps of materialistic things that we value and things about nationality, but if u met the perfect person, but say they were not asian or caucasian, would u really give that perfect person up?

haha my male cousins minimum require is 'hair', he's very easy to please :)

The minimum requirements....

- Someone that can hold a good conversation and has a sense of humour

- Someone that I respect (career wise, their discourses, intellect etc)

- Someone that I'm physically attracted to

- Someone that's ambitious and works hard

FINGERS CROSSED!!!! and for all of you guys too :) GL!

Guest Paladine

min:

- taller than me

- better job than me

- has to have a car

- funny personality

- caring

I don't get this one. I see this a lot with women too. Take your average tall good looking guy with a funny caring personality who happens to drive a car and works at a better job than you. Why would he want to date you? A woman with lesser income/status.

I'm sure he would have his own minimum requirements and I would imagine one would be a woman with an equally well paid job/status. What would make him want to lower his social scale to your level? Wouldn't it be smarter for him to see a woman at his economic level? What if he is looking for a wife to start a family. Your lower level income would actually hurt his own future plans.

Guest o________O

I don't get this one. I see this a lot with women too. Take your average tall good looking guy with a funny caring personality who happens to drive a car and works at a better job than you. Why would he want to date you? A woman with lesser income/status.

I'm sure he would have his own minimum requirements and I would imagine one would be a woman with an equally well paid job/status. What would make him want to lower his social scale to your level? Wouldn't it be smarter for him to see a woman at his economic level? What if he is looking for a wife to start a family. Your lower level income would actually hurt his own future plans.

You're job doesn't define your overall character, by your logic it's impossible for two people to have a relationship together unless all their traits are equivalent to one another. And yes, I'm aware that you could be referring that if someone doesn't have a good job, maybe their appearance makes up for it, vice versa, every other variable etc.

You don't have to be of the same level (hate using this word in this context) to be able to have a relationship, anyone who thinks otherwise is a vain bubble gum. I doubt you walk down the road passing guys/girls thinking "they don't have as much money as me", "they're not as attractive as me", "they're not as smart as me" and completely disregard their existence. It's impossible to compare two people because every has a different opinion on everything and there's no official basis for comparison (god forbid).

Guest Paladine

You're job doesn't define your overall character, by your logic it's impossible for two people to have a relationship together unless all their traits are equivalent to one another.  And yes, I'm aware that you could be referring that if someone doesn't have a good job, maybe their appearance makes up for it, vice versa, every other variable etc.

You don't have to be of the same level (hate using this word in this context) to be able to have a relationship, anyone who thinks otherwise is a vain bubble gum.  I doubt you walk down the road passing guys/girls thinking "they don't have as much money as me", "they're not as attractive as me", "they're not as smart as me" and completely disregard their existence.  It's impossible to compare two people because every has a different opinion on everything and there's no official basis for comparison (god forbid).

The problem with your counter-argument is that the person who said " better job than me" obviously disagrees with you.

You don't list as one of your minimum requirements that the man needs a better job unless you mean it. By that logic, his job DOES define his overall character. She is seeking man who makes better income and lives a higher lifestyle. Yet that same man would see the inequality right? I assume she would want him to support her and any kids she had for this relationship. What man with all these qualifications would want that?

Guest o________O

The problem with your counter-argument is that the person who said " better job than me" obviously disagrees with you.

You don't list as one of your minimum requirements that the man needs a better job unless you mean it. By that logic, his job DOES define his overall character. She is seeking man who makes better income and lives a higher lifestyle. Yet that same man would see the inequality right? I assume she would want him to support her and any kids she had for this relationship. What man with all these qualifications would want that?

LOL

This so-called list isn't concrete, nothing is set in stone. And what exactly does having a "better" job mean? In terms of what? Money? Satisfaction? Just so you know, some of the "requirements" people have listed, clearly weren't thought thoroughly enough, for such a "wishful" list, you have to be as vague as possible in relation to each trait. There's a huge difference in saying "they have to be taller than me" and giving specific height measurements such as "at least 180cm" etc. is huge, by that logic, that means if you meet a person you really like but then they don't meet one of these requirements, you're NOT allowed to have a non-platonic relationship with them, or you're a hypocrite. I'm sure if you asked them to re-read this response and reply again, the answer would be different.

If you're job defines your overall character then I guess every garbage man in the world is scum of the earth, hey, they pick up our trash on a weekly basis after all, right? Anyone who scrubs toilets for a living isn't worth my time and I shouldn't even bother to acknowledge them, anyone who's a doctor shouldn't even bother to look at me etc.

Your overall character comprises of many different aspects, personality included. This has been excluded entirely in this argument. It's evident that some people value work over family, hence they won't be looking to start up a family. However, I can say that for the majority of us, regardless of our occupation want to have kids etc. Also, I'm pretty sure I want to have kids blah blah blah, and if I was hypothetically make a lot of money in the future, it would only further support that case, because I know I'll be able to support my family. I would never date someone with the expectation that their overall status must be equivalent to mine, that seems ignorant, if I like them, I like them.

Guest xsilentangel

hmm... i have very little requirements since i don't know the type of guy i like yet

- taller than me (5'2'')

- likes watching basketball

- more emotionally stable than me (aha, i think this is about 99% of guys)

- Must be taller than me (I'm 5'5)

- Must be of a similar level of intellect as me, if not higher

- Must show some ambition and motivation career-wise (and in a sensible profession please)

- Must put me first, above all else

- Must be tolerant and accepting of the defects in my personality

- Must respect me

I'll just keep it simple. 

+ taller than me (I'm 5'7 3/4)

+ cannot weigh less or be skinnier than me

+ same level of education or higher

+ can drive legally

+ preferably no smoking or drugs

+ cares about the future

+ must be respectful to others and especially me

Guest x-serendipity-x

I have five that I've learned never to compromise on. Family-oriented, responsible, hard-working, good-hearted, and respectful. As for looks, I now think the bearing/aura of a person is most important, and I don't have a specific "type" (and shouldn't). But it'd be nice if he were broad and tall, though I wouldn't rule out a guy if he wasn't.

Archived