Angel Sanctuary by Kaori Yuki

Guest precious4e

Guest precious4e
Angel Sanctuary
MudoSetsuna600742270.jpg
I love this manga and this mangaka in general. Since there is no thread for this wonderful manga I thought i'd start one! The art is absolutely BEAUTIFUL but the story is kind of dark. Not for those who don't like disturbing subject matter. Mangaka: Kaori Yuki (also creator of Count Cain, God Child, Bloodhound, Boys Next Door, Fairy Cube, etc...) Volumes: 20 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1042
Anime Episodes: 3
Licensed in US: VIZ Synopsis: God is dead, and the end is coming unless the fallen angel Alexiel can reawaken and prevent it. But years ago, as punishment for her defiance to god, Alexiel's body was sealed in a crystal, while her soul is continually reincarnated as a human being that will die a young and violent death, again and again, as an outcast from society -- despised and rejected. This time Alexiel's soul have been reincarnated into a delinquent teenaged boy named Setsuna Mudou -- the Messiah prophesied to save humanity in the Black Book of Revelation. However Setsuna does not care for the coming battle between Heaven and Hell but only for his love... his blood sister Sara Mudou. Beginning the story of angels, demons and a lost God. Taken from AnimeNfo.com Pics:
Setsuna_sara.jpg
AngelSanctuary600799022.jpg
angel_sanctuary_-_label.jpgTranslations (Text only): Volume 1 - 15 http://jahannam.net/trans/a01.html (scroll to bottom of page to get next Volumes) Volume 16 - 20 http://www.omanga.net/?type=proj&cid=angel_sanctuary

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tifachan

Yes! This manga was extremely gorgeous in terms of art, and the story was mysterious! :lol:

But everyone started to look the same later on...~ Lolsz.

Guest precious4e

^ hahahha yea they do start looking the same... but then again i think all manga is like that when you get too many characters in there... but i absolutely love the art!! it's so beautiful. Seriously the first manga i truly wanted to collect (and i did!!!)

Guest TygrrLilly

GORGEOUS, but I could never get into the story when I was watching the DVD i need to give the manga a chance, but i thinkthe only ones we have in the house are in Japanese so I'd have to translate...and that'd take forever.

Guest precious4e

yea the anime only covered a very small portion of the BEGINNING of the story...in my opinion the anime was horrible... there's a whole lot more that goes on in the manga.... its currently released by VIZ in the US in english....

there are sites that have already translated (not scanlated) all 20 volumes of the manga. They were working on it before Angel Sanctuary was licensed.... hmm i wonder if i'm allowed to give links to those sites....

Guest Paroxysmal

I really like the manga! Though sometimes Setsuna kinda ticks me off... and I was pretty disappointed at the OVA (voice actors were horrible IMO), but the manga makes up for it. ^^; Awesome storyline + Awesome artwork = One of the best mangas I've read!

EDIT:

Since you're an Angel Sanctuary fan, do you happen to read her other works? Like Boys Next Door, Ludwig Kakumei, Bloodhound, etc. etc.?

Guest precious4e

^ YES!! i have read most of her other works.. i LOVE God Child....and Boys Next Door was just so sad :tears:

Angel Sanctuary was the first work of hers i read though and its my favorite.

i would have made a Kaori Yuki thread but i thought i'd be better to be more focused since i don't see much Kaori Yuki mentioned in this forum

Guest precious4e

^ yea i must say alot of people don't like the whole "Setsuna loves his sister Sara" part but I think once people start reading it, it's not really about brothers and sisters liking each other but more about "soulmates"

And plus, the incest adds more darkness and angst to the story :blink:

Guest Izam.

I never got into the manga. I bought the entire set off e-bay and I couldn't keep reading it (I was just not interested in it and kept falling asleep). The art is nice though. I didn't mind the incest (I didn't mind it in ayashi no ceres either).

I bought her Angel Sanc artbook and I didn't find the art to be that impressive. I didn't think she's that great at coloring so I find the art much more appealing in black and white format and smaller :P

Guest precious4e

^ aW sorry to hear that but i respect your opinion :)

I admit that i too skipped parts of the story when rereading the manga :vicx:

but as a whole i like it alot

and yea some of her artbook picture aren't the best..... i posted the ones i liked the most heheehehe...

her black and white drawings are truly amazing to me though..and i love her more gothic style of drawing

Guest precious4e

where can i download the whole manga???

the only way i'm aware of is through mIRC....if you are familiar with how to use it then you can get it through #lurk

there's some links on the top to text translations that some scanlation groups did.

Guest tifachan

Yes. MIRC is very good for manga you wanna get. ^^ Btw, has ne one read Ludwing? :] The prince reminds me of Raphael in AS...

Guest precious4e

^ hehe i read Ludwig... up to the third chapter.. i think thats all that came out?? not too sure.. haven't been following up on it...

hmmm the face might be the same as Raphael... but the hair is definitely different.....

hahaha poor Yuki-sensei probably can't draw 20,000 different faces for her characters and recycled some looks...

i read the first chapter of her latest work Fairy Cube and i think it's pretty good.. though once again all the characters look like her previouse ones... guess it can't be helped :(

Guest Mirae-chan

You can DL the manga torrent off www.boxtorrents.com but u have to sign up ..

kyaarr >< lucifer is mad hawt.

Guest Paroxysmal

^ Lol, I completely agree! :P

^ YES!! i have read most of her other works.. i LOVE God Child....and Boys Next Door was just so sad :tears:

Angel Sanctuary was the first work of hers i read though and its my favorite.

i would have made a Kaori Yuki thread but i thought i'd be better to be more focused since i don't see much Kaori Yuki mentioned in this forum

Damn, I haven't gotten around to read God Child yet. Is it licensed? Because if it is... <_<. Lol anyhow, I did read Boys Next Door though! It was really sad, IMO. I cried the first time I read it, then the second, then the third... you get the picture, lol. And as for favourites, I like all of her series (well, the ones that I've read) because they're all equally good. Boys Next Door was the first work I have ever read though, I heard about Angel Sanctuary before that. XD

Guest precious4e

^ God Child just got licensed... but not Count Cain although they are the same series just different "arcs"...you should definitely check it out if you like Kaori Yuki..

Boys Next Door makes me bawl like a baby everytime :tears: it was one of the first series of hers i ever read!

Archived