Angel Sanctuary by Kaori Yuki

Guest precious4e

Guest precious4e

I want to brag.. :X

I have all the original japanese text of Angel Sanctuary. ^^

and i love it to death.. it's one of my favorite mangas.

Yea I have all the volumes in the Japanese text too because back then it wasn't licensed yet. It was a pain to get all the online translations. Now that it's licensed I want to get all the volumes in english lol.

The anime doesn't serve justice since it was just an OVA. XD

Yea the anime wasn't that good. It only covered the first volume or so I believe. But it was used more as a teaser than as an actual series.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Melyxcious

I didn't like the anime of Angel Sanctuary. I was like eh O_o when I watched it and my dad just kept on asking me more and more questions as to what was going on XD! [[he's an anime fan - -; he reads my manga sometimes regardless of the genre ahaha]]

but anywayyy...

I LOVEEEE ANGEL SANCTUARY!!

It's been a fave of mine for such a long while and I absolutely LOVE Kaori Yuki's style and her artwork. I love love love characters hahaha XD

Lucifer is wowowwowowow +__________+

I really need to catch up on collecting the manga T____T I've been stuck on volume 9 for a reallyyyyy long time nowwww....

I haven't been buying manga in a while ahaha x__x no time and i'm too lazyyy D:!!

as well as reading in Japanese. I'm lazy when it comes to that =0=;

I have major headaches trying to strain my eyes x___x;

• 5 months later...
Guest csnrain

hmm, so I guess I'll try to revive this topic, just because I think this series is that good.

in fact, I just reread all twenty volumes and reaffirmed the fact that this is the most amazing series I have ever read.

And there's a lot of controversy about the incest that is present in this book but later on in the series, that part of the story almost becomes a sideplot and you even begin to forget that they were brother and sister. It's not as if Kaori was trying to glorify such a taboo topic, the characters are shunned and punished countlessly for their sin. In fact, Setsuna and Sara's relationship is a mere fraction of the story that evolves.

The plots that drew me further into the story and kept me reading were not about Setsuna's or Sara's relationship but of a story, a much bigger and important story, that encompassed them and all the characters that would come into their lives later on.

For example, the truth about the origins of the angels and of their "God". The relationship between Roshiel and Alexiel. The reasons the four archangels (Michael, Raphael, Uriel, Gibrille) are the way they are, Sandalphon and Metatron, etc, etc.

Ahhh, there are so many good sideplots and yet they are all essential to understanding this series.

Not to mention, I just love the characters (especially Belial and Lucifer).

And there's no further need for me to say anything about the amazing artwork.

The last volume is just phenomenal, so many truths are revealed with the final confessions and turn of events.

...However, I still don't like Setsuna and Sara. But that's not to say that it takes away from this series at all.

And I was thinking about watching the anime but from reading these comments, it looks like it would be a waste of my time :mellow:

[edit]

btw, I'm still a bit confused about Belial and Raphael's past, exactly what kind of scandal were they involved in?

[edit 2]

and just because I love this series...

Belial

Belial.jpg

Roshiel

Rochiel3.jpg

Kira/Lucifer

Kira.jpg

Raphael

Raphael.jpg

Guest Akusesu

^ YES!! i have read most of her other works.. i LOVE God Child....and Boys Next Door was just so sad :tears:

Angel Sanctuary was the first work of hers i read though and its my favorite.

i would have made a Kaori Yuki thread but i thought i'd be better to be more focused since i don't see much Kaori Yuki mentioned in this forum

wasnt her first work Neji? ( forgot the name...)

anywho angel sanctuary was great, some parts were kinda disturbing, but overall a great story and characters!

the anime was kinda so-so... imo but the manga was insane lol

Guest tokix7

This is a great manga!

The drawings are amazing.

The only problem for me was that, I couldn't figure out most of the genders until I was on like volume 16.

Maybe it's only me. >__>

Guest csnrain

This is a great manga!

The drawings are amazing.

The only problem for me was that, I couldn't figure out most of the genders until I was on like volume 16.

Maybe it's only me. >__>

couldn't figure out the genders? lol, I didn't have that problem but I can see how that can happen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest haneul love

absolutely loved AS

corruption in the manga is what makes it so good

but yeah all of kaori yuki's works are.. corrupt lol kinda disturbing

i love sara!!! man i wanted to see more interaction between her and setsuna

and when she went back to jubille's body she didn't look that pretty

jubille is supposed to be BEAUTIFUL - _ -;

^That's what makes it one of those forbidden taboos in life. Incest is never a beautiful picture for many, and sometimes it's just sickening to imagine that siblings could love each other.

This manga was my second fave since I read Count Cain before Angel Sanctuary. The drawings are beautifully done, and yeah they kind of begin to look alike later on, but her art most certainly improved. Gothic and beautiful *can't think of other words*

The OVA disappointed me but that's what happens when they only covered a teeny bit of what actually goes on in the manga. Oh well...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

i really like this anime..but never finish it..though..because i couldn't find it anywhere in stores.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest precious4e

^the anime only had 3 episodes anyways lol. It was meant to be like a teaser. I didn't like it much. It didn't do the manga justice at all.

But yea...most of the stuff Kaori Yuki does is dark and disturbing. That's her style. Kind of like Grimm's fairy tales. And yet it still brings everything back to love. I need to get all the manga in english and re-read it again. Right now i'm reading Fairy Cube by Yuki-sensei.

• 2 years later...

This is my favourite manga.

But half way through reading the volumes, I got confused and everyone just looked the same to me.. hehe...

I should really read it again...

The graphics are soo beautiful!! I love her drawings.

I agree the OVAs were crap. I wish they can make it into a series instead!! Such beautiful work...

Although it's abit dark sometimes, but overall it's great!!

I also love her "Count Cain" series... beautiful!!

• 2 years later...

one of the most amazing works of art from Kaori Yuki...totally made me addicted for YEARS when it came out...seriously... she has other manga's out but then nothing compares to this one yet... 
i think i am still slightly addicted even though it ended so long ago, but man the art just gets to me... 
OVA had nothing on the manga... 

Archived