[movie 2005] Cello (murder Story Of Hong Mi-joo Family) 첼로 - 홍미주

soymilk

Sung Hyun Ah, Park Da An, Jung Ho Bin, Wang Bit Na, Choi Ji Eun
poster_cello.jpg Starring: Seong Hyeon-A, Park Da-An, Jeong Ho-Bin Director: Lee Wu-Cheol Rating: NR Genre: Horror Synopsis: Cars are nearly as dangerous as musical instruments in ``Cello,'' billed as this summer's last silver screen scream. Where usually character development or plot is used to thrill or spook, the summer's horror flick finale tries to invoke screams through deafening bursts of horror movie music by Lee Han-na. ``Cello'' is the unintentional third in this Summer's shock-horror trinity of possessed inanimate objects _ ``Red Shoes'' and ``Wig'' . Much of the audience wished it was scarier as well. Still, many of this summer's slew of horror flicks were more schlock than shock-horror in imbuing spookiness into everyday objects. In ``Cello,'' however, automobiles are scary. Hong Mee-joo's (Sung) frightening driving is a major plot device. Sung's apparent insistence not to play second fiddle to a possessed string instrument was a mistake, but it is not what made ``Cello'' a less effective horror flick than``Wig. There were some redeeming parts. The grinning wicked devil-face that is superimposed, a genuinely creative horror film technique. It could have been better exploited for more creepy moments. The movie, with the help of those loud blasts of ``gotchya'' music, managed to deliver two shockers. One involves the BMW Joo-mi drives and the other an incident in an underground parking garage. Just when you thought you were safe from inanimate yet terrifyingly murderous objects, comes Cello. In a summer that has brought a wave of screams and frights from Korea, in the shape of The Wig and The Red Shoes, we now discover that even musical instruments have the power to scare and kill! Starring the beautiful Sung Hyun Ah, from The Scarlet Letter, Cello tells the story of a family who are tormented by the murderous music of a cello. Could it be that the instrument itself has been possessed and is causing people to die? Lee Han, director of Lover's Concerto provides the haunting and possibly murderous score in this creepy Korean frightfest. There was an accident….a big accident. As I lay there, in a coma from the shock, spine-chilling images flashed before my eyes. My beloved husband and two precious daughters… I watched them die in front of me, one by one. I felt terror far worse than anything imaginable in this world. When I gained consciousness….I was truly overjoyed, relieved in knowing that these horrific images were only existent in my nightmares… But something is wrong. Little by little, I am starting to hear the cello music that I had heard in my coma state. "Please….no….it was at the sound of the cello that my dear family started to die, one by one…" The music is growing louder….and those images are being reconstructed down to the last detail… Why is this happening? What did I do to deserve this…? vlcsnap104959yw.jpgvlcsnap107260gb.jpgvlcsnap108165im.jpgvlcsnap110524li.jpgvlcsnap111717nj.jpg for more : http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories....5%29&filter=all

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest s3rene

I just bought this and the cover of the DVD looks truly frightening. I hope the move lives up to expectations. :)

Archived