[Drama 2008] Land Of Wind / Kingdom Of The Winds 바람의 나라

Guest huangsy

Guest selvaspeedy

I saw some of the special today, it was pretty good.

*sigh* no KOTW for a week... that's so dangerous for my health :P

JiJi527 it was JGS who won the popularity award over SIG and KJH.

anyway... JJY's speech when he won the Excellence Award:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZtedD-cXfc

lol he was so hot that night... I love his walk, he was so confident and cute :D

some kind soul please translate the speech (*winking to dramaok ) :P

-edit-

OMG lol I topped the page :P

it's been a loooong time :P

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dramaok

OMG lol I topped the page :P

it's been a loooong time :P

congrats you deserve it!! :blush:

JJY (yuri) speech:

"i've spent more than 10 years in movies and when i was first approached for a miniseries i realized it was such a challenge and time of study for me, and i had heard that ppl who work on miniseries don't sleep for a night here and there, but i found out it is actually for months that these ppl don't sleep, and to me, the producers and directors are crazy but it's been a joy for me to be involved in this craziness. i love you all. and to my 88 year old my mother who passionately watches Kingdom of the Wind, love from your youngest son! thank you all."

Lee Deok-Hwa (the mc) asked SIG about his mother when SIG and CJW won the best couple award. SIG said she was fine. i think LDH and Kim Eul-Dong (SIG mom) are friendds. then LDH mentions SIG's a new groom and was about to talk about ask about his wife but the other mcs and also SIG started to dodge the question and they just moved on. then CJW gave a speech too about her award but i don't remember what she said i've gotten used to tuning her out but i think she said it ws special cuz it's her first sageuk (historial)...

congrats to team param!. happy new years to all!

Guest selvaspeedy

I love JJY's speech... and I love this guy too :wub:

and CJW kekeke yeah me too... but whatever, she was stunning yesterday so I don't think anyone was paying that much attention to what she was saying :P

hugs dramaok ... you're a life saver. What can we do w/out you :wub:

why doesn't he talk about his wife that much? poor oppa is so shy :blush:

Guest devylann

watched this for awhile then stopped but now imma continuing and didn't even know that KJH is in this drama...as i see from previous posts not a lot of peeps like her... welll... i have to say that ...i'm one of her fans... i've loved her since she was in "glass shoes" playing the sister of so ji sup...well... i think she's funny and it's sad that she doesn't get bigger roles... and even more sad that she lost a lot of weight bc she's real skinny now... and her appearance is thin looking and weakling... but.. imma thrilled to find her in this drama... now i have something to look more fwd to... i alrdy knew that muhyul had a first wife then yeon will be his 2nd ( i think frm previous articles bc i was like oh no! ssn was jumong's 2nd wife too and now jumong's grandson will have one also and it sucks that both of their true loves are their 2nd wife lol)

so far imma on ep 24...still trying to catch up... it's moving along a bit better now.. and can't wait to see what happens next...

the other thing about this drama... is that i guess king yuri alwase had peeps against him bc in jumong yuri was also portrayed as to have have great strength and will but peeps didn't really like him much bc he wasn't with jumong for 15 years...

i dont like the dojin is treating yeon. i understand that he loves her but he doesn't have to be so mean and controlling... he's alwase been her support and then turned all evil... it's too bad bc dojin and muhyul could have been good allies... i guess that's why i hate dramas where two friends are in love wit the same grl... someone's alwase gotta be bad...

EDIT:

okie....so imma watching ep29 now and i see that everyone is totally hating the crown princess.... i have to say that her character is mean however.... everyone fails to see that she is the crown princess not by choice. it was given to her jus like the crown prince was given to muhyul. it was mean of him to strait fwd say to her face that he loves another woman and there's no rm in his heart for his wife... (i mean if that was wat my husband told me on our wedding nite, i would prob act the same way the crown princess does now too)... i can see why the crown princess acts the way she does...that's her life... she can't jus give it all up! ( i wouldn't either if that was me!) she has to fight for her life and her riteful place which sadly to say for most peeps is rite next to muhyul... and the more i watch her... i feel sorry for her bc she's stuck in a loveless marriage and of course there'll be no children bc muhyul wont even do his husbandly duties... and also she has to protect herself all the time bc she's from an enemy country she will alwase be trying to prove her trust to muhyul forever....

everyone's got a sad story... i jus feel really sorry for the crown princess and dojin! they deserve better lives but unfortunately this is a drama and they're lives suck...

Guest ardentfrias

okie....so imma watching ep29 now and i see that everyone is totally hating the crown princess.... i have to say that her character is mean however.... everyone fails to see that she is the crown princess not by choice. it was given to her jus like the crown prince was given to muhyul. it was mean of him to strait fwd say to her face that he loves another woman and there's no rm in his heart for his wife... (i mean if that was wat my husband told me on our wedding nite, i would prob act the same way the crown princess does now too)... i can see why the crown princess acts the way she does...that's her life... she can't jus give it all up! ( i wouldn't either if that was me!) she has to fight for her life and her riteful place which sadly to say for most peeps is rite next to muhyul... and the more i watch her... i feel sorry for her bc she's stuck in a loveless marriage and of course there'll be no children bc muhyul wont even do his husbandly duties... and also she has to protect herself all the time bc she's from an enemy country she will alwase be trying to prove her trust to muhyul forever....

everyone's got a sad story... i jus feel really sorry for the crown princess and dojin! they deserve better lives but unfortunately this is a drama and they're lives suck...

Would you agree with me that crown princess is a better actress than Yeon? She touches our hearts more by making us feel the agony and pain she is into by being married to Muhyul through an arranged wedding. I guess she likes Muhyul since the first time she saw him and being rejected by your husband especially on your first night is something unbearable. This woman can act effectively. Actually, in the later episodes, she made me cry. I can not hate her but pity her instead.

Guest selvaspeedy

hey devylann I agree w/ you.

I don't really hate Yiji but I feel sorry for her. I just finished rewatching episode 25 awhile ago w/ the subs on (thanks X, Julie, thundie, mily and shenny :wub: ) and what Muhyul said to her was quite harsh. I felt so sorry for her, and also felt so sorry for her in episode 32 :tears:

she's a very pitiful woman (kinda like the female version of Dojin) but also evil. What she wants is to be the queen and that's it. Maybe she loved Muhyul when she saw him, but her 1st goal was to be the queen. WHY? to gain more power. WHY? to feed her greed lol what am I saying :D

anyway, I like KJH's acting. She's really good. Unlike our missy YeonWood <_<

Guest jenniferjjj

I think that KJH is a great actress, but I still don't like her character, Lee Ji.

Yeah, I guess you could feel sorry for her because she's unloved by Muhyul but I hate all the evil things she's done to Yeon.

She kidnapped her and slapped her.

She sent her away to Buyeo because she hated Yeon.

All she ever thinks about is making Muhyul and Yeon miserable.

Guest riehae

I need to watch ep 33 34 onwards... like now. But I want streaming. Don't have time for download... which slower than streaming. So I prefer streaming. It really ending. Noooo....

Guest tateboe

I need to watch ep 33 34 onwards... like now.

Episode 33 will broadcast Jan 7th. :sweatingbullets: and

Episode 34 will be Jan 8th :sweatingbullets:

You can watch it live when it happens. :rolleyes:

Right now even video preview of Episode 33 has not appeared yet. :wacko:

Guest shivah

I just wanted to point out something in episode 23, and that's director's fault for not rechecking it. in this part Muhyul shot the head of envoy that was going to buyeo but in other captions he still sitting on the horse, you can check out the timings he fell from horse he should be dead what's going on? :wacko:

kotw13zy5.jpg

kotw131nj6.jpg

kotw132ug9.jpg

kotw133te5.jpg

kotw134zp7.jpg

I think they forgot about that part :):D

I want to thank my dear and sweet selva for helping me with the IMG. :)

Guest selvaspeedy

thanks huangsy... Mahwang is so cute hehe (BTW does the name Mahwang mean the devil in korean?)

I wish I know what they are saying :blush:

I saw the scene shivah and it's not the only director's mistake... for example: the spotless swords during the fights and wars :P unfortunately they are rushing to edit the last couple of episodes, so I'm really glad there was no KOTW this week so they can concentrate and focus more on the little details :)

King Daemosin :blush:

f_12309794402m_92abafe.gif

sr: gall DCinside KOTW gallery

Guest darkHorse

I'm confused. Jumong and Kingdom of the Winds are two separate TV drama show? Maybe it's because SIG is in both TV show or something. Well, I just started watching the first few episodes so yeah... confused.

Guest meyyale

I'm confused. Jumong and Kingdom of the Winds are two separate TV drama show? Maybe it's because SIG is in both TV show or something. Well, I just started watching the first few episodes so yeah... confused.

Yeah, you're right.These dramas are different. Because of Jumong was about Prince Jumong the founder of Goguryeo but Kingdom of the Wind is about the third king of Goguryeo who was Prince Muhyul later became King Daemushin..

Take care everyone... :blush:

They're two completely different shows. Though KOTW has been often referred to as "JUMONG 2" but it's actually more a continuation of his legacy through his son King Yuri, & than Yuri's son which is Jumong's grandson , Muyhul who later becomes king Daemushin. But the whole show itself is about how Muyhul grew up & became King. It's already ending in the next few epsiodes so we won't get to see much more in depth of how King Daemushin reign his era in history. It's just a suggestion that you watch Jumong first to better tie in your knowlegde from the get go of this drama & all the myths & legacys talked about in this drama pertaining the previous King Jumong. BTY Jumong is 10 times better this drama too.. another plus for watching it...

Archived