[Drama 2008] Land Of Wind / Kingdom Of The Winds 바람의 나라

Guest huangsy

Guest meyyale

about Jumong. ya.. the drama took a lotta liberty. in real history Soseono and Jumong were not crossed lovers like they portrayed. Soseono in history was some 12 years older than Jumong and they hooked up simply for business. She was then already widowed with 2 kids, while he had already married in Buyeo (lady Ye) and had Yuri there. let's not forget Buyeong! totally made up too.. but i liked her cuz she was the first woman who slept with Jumong. LOL.. sorry twisted but Jumong was so flirty and funny w/ her.. while he was so sad with Soseono albeit heartfelt.. and so serious and responsible w/ Yesoya. he was good w/ all the women. he loved them all. what a casa nova. hee..

Thanks so much, dramaok for explanation.

N read it...(I read an article in Jumong the producers thought that servant(Buyeong) would play Jumong's first wife(Lady Ye) but the actress who played Buyeong was not successful for the drama so that the producers changed the story.In my opinion SSN was his first love but Lady Yesoya was Jumong's true&conscious love)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tateboe

heloo..

i`m in episode 16 now.. so far i enjoyed watching this drama unless Mu Hyul & Yeon scenes.. sorry...

i see their chemistry is not good..

hh.. i must say i`m quite dissapointed with Yeon acting..i always love the stars who was being SIG co stars in his drama/movie before.. but CJW.. she`s in the least..

what she has done to or with Mu Hyul didnt move my heart at all..even SIG is really great showing how he loves Yeon so much..but her reaction was not good.. please forgive me if i say something that makes someone feel hurt here..

i prefer seeing Mu Hyul with Hye Ap or Seryu than Yeon..

the scenes that i never passed are Mu Hyul and Yuri, Mu Hyul-Seryu, Yuri-Seryu scenes.. even not much conversation between them.. but their expression and their eyes was talking each other..so touching..!!

hi sayroo..salva..korean_aein..karosa..kish agnes.. ardrentfias..and all..

Among the actresses, I like Seryu the best. She is like a princes(pride), resposible and lovable person all along. When she was sent to far ethnic group, for marriage, she was scared, but she beautifully took all responsibility. Action was not by talk, by her facial expression. She cared very much about her younger brother, which she was not sure dead or alive. Her unspoken action was superb. :rolleyes:

Hye Ap is supposed to be mother like to Muhyul, but she make-up and act like younger. Although her action is very good, there is something wrong with age display. :mellow:

I like Yeon too. She has her own personality, emotionally slow moving but she was very much lovable and resposible person. Not a power monger, good service to poor peple, she can acts very well. She might be half mad on loving Muhyul, but her personality never showed up. She is a cool type. :sweatingbullets:

OMG! how can you compare Yesoya's strength to Soseono's?!? Soseono was in the battle feilds swinging swords for crying out loud! And she also pretty much ran her father's merchant group successfully. She was a smart buisness woman, leader, and spoke with authority with men heeding under her status at that time of age as it was preceeded in the drama Jumong. Yesoya's character was a very common & typical stay at home girl that just listened to and only followed what she was told to do & not do. A very weak & submissive character you could even say. Why'd you think Jumong had to save her numerous times. Her whole family was slaughtered and killed before she married Jumong too. Not to metion she became sick and unhealthy later on after the separation of Jumong & her while raising Yuri up all those 15 or so years. She was very pitiful in Jumong. She didnt really have a love story with Jumong. He married her out of pity & loved her out of pity. But more importantly he was obligated to love her because she did take care of him when her father found him & gave birth to his son. He truly loved Soseono more as a woman, not just a first love. His first love was that servant girl.

srength comes in two way, physical strength where SSN is obvious emotional very enduring one is for yesoya....

enough jumong here...

tonight eps.19 ohwwww...looking forward....

Guest dramaok

It is too unbelievable. why didn't they fight simultaneously, in that scene, only two of them fought simultaneously and others only were spectators?

heehee ya they are so polite. taking turns to kick richard simmons. dont wann be rude i guess :mellow:

Hye Ap is supposed to be mother like to Muhyul, but she make-up and act like younger. Although her action is very good, there is something wrong with age display. :mellow:

I like Yeon too. She has her own personality, emotionally slow moving but she was very much lovable and resposible person. Not a power monger, good service to poor peple, she can acts very well. She might be half mad on loving Muhyul, but her personality never showed up. She is a cool type. :sweatingbullets:

ya hye-ap looks too young and sexy to be MH's mother figure. check out her sultry eye shadows. but then again the actress (oh yoon-ah) is 9 years younger than song il-guk (muhyul).

other's ages:

1988 kim hye-seong (yeo-jin)

1983 kim jae-wook (chu bal-so)

1982 im jeong-eun (se-ryu)

1981 choi jeong-won (yeon)

1980 oh yoon-ah (hye-ap)

1980 jeong tae-seong (ma-ro)

1978 park sang-wook (goe-yu)

1977 park geon-hyeong (do-jin)

1971 song il-guk (mu-hyul)

1970 kim sang-ho (ma-hwang)

1969 lee jong won (hae-myeong)

1964 jang jin-yeong (yuri)

yeon. well she makes me yawn. at least shes pretty i guess :ph34r:

Guest ardentfrias

That's an easy one!! He was more attracted to & truly loved Soseono more as a woman. Where as Yesoya was also loved too by him but more in a caring way only. Because she was more pitiful & of course the mother of his son Yuri. I watched Jumong a mil times already. lol It was actually my first historical drama & to my suprise, loved it. I actually went on to try other historical dramas like Sea of God & Yi San, but they weren't as good. And for some reason ever since Jumong... now I can't watch the teenage poopie love dramas anymore. It's like now I need a more mature & broader view of plots that not only consists of love. Jumong had it all love, hate, jealousy, envy, rivalry, warfare, sorrow, & triumph. You're missing out if you haven't seen it yet.

Right Ajah. Jumong loved Soseno and Yesoya. But his love for Soseno did not falter even when they separated ways and so with Soseno. They continued to care for each other and shared problems. Both were hurt and worried everytime they heard bad news happening to their life. Yotae knew that. He could feel the sufferings of Soseno. Jumong and Soseno loved their spouses for the sake of their children. It's the part when Soseno had to leave to avoid conflict in the crown prince issue of Goguryo. It's the most painful sacrifice she had to do leaving the man he loved all through her life. I could still see Jumong riding his horse so fast just to have the last glimpse of Soseno leaving. He was in tears holding on to his chest. His heart was really torn into pieces. What I could not understand was if Jumong loved Yesoya that much, he could have done the escape plan himself instead of assigning them to his comrades. This movie is too much. This was also my first period drama. I was so impressed that I craved for more. I watched EOTS and the movie was very moving. The storyline was not as exhilirating as Jumong but SIG's acting was very impressive. I hope KOTW came out to be as good or even surpassed them. But the drama is too short compared to Jumong and EOTS. It is more concise in scenes and I feel like the storyline was edited. But I'm loving it just the same.

Guest tateboe

OK, Yeon....do you hear here?

Dramaok and all people will not vote you unless you kiss Muhyul!

Please do it in next episode

Selvaspeedy will be mad at you if you don't do it!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Guest ardentfrias

whoa! i hate KING DAESO, even here he spreads his evil ways, oh! and his assistant too! LOL!

he doesn't look like KOREAN, he looks CHINESE more. where did KBS get him? from the STREETS?

okay, is it just me or is the connection of MUHYUL and HYE AP is much better than the original team-up! LOL!

or is it maybe because that SONG IL GOOK is very compatible with anyone,

even with SERYU i liked her with MUHYUL! LOL!

i have some weird IMAGINATIONS! haha!

King Daeso was the one who portrayed the father-in-law (father of Han Ga In aka Enpin) of SIG in Terms of Endearment.

The assistant was the chief commander and right hand of Madam Jami (Chae Si Rae?) in EOTS.

You really gonna like Hye Ap because she acts more impressively than Yeon. She exudes the emotions through her eyes and she looks at Muhyul more meaningfully than Yeon does. LOL but she is supposed to be much older than Muhyul here cause she was already a grown up when she took care of Muhyul since his childbirth.

:lol: I missed 2 pages already :P and it still talking about the JuMong love story ^^ I just love SIG so I didn't against both (SSN & Yesoya) ^^.

Can't wait to see another sequel of Gugoryeo history :P and surely can't wait for tonight eps ^^

Love to read everyone review and thought ^^

Guest ardentfrias

I wonder how soldiers in Jumong and KOTW are too inept and unskillful? they easily are killed.

Black Shadows? what are they, why buyeo has squandered so much money on them, they seemed very skillful and went through hard trainings, but they fought against Muhyul maladroitly, they are killed like insects, I have accepted that Muhyul is a supernatural man, but how does he massacre about twenty of buyeo soldiers in eps. 18, It is too unbelievable. why didn't they fight simultaneously, in that scene, only two of them fought simultaneously and others only were spectators?

I guess we have to accept that dramas like the ones you mentioned and some of the other dramas of this type are a little bit fictional. Although they are historical, flavor are added to make it more exciting to the viewers. Many movies, not only historical dramas, but also modern ones are not very realistic, after all. Actors using their martial arts expertise fighting dozen of goons who are supposed to have guns are unbelievable, too. SIG portrayed the characters of Jumong and Muhyul as someone who is poweful and strong and maybe the writers just want to emphasize that in these movies, only they have overdone that.

thx for the preview selva. i can always count on you getting that stuff up. ^^

the preview looks exciting. Muhyul goes to Buyeo and faces off with Daeso.

Sagu comes to Goguryeo and passes by Yeon.

--

about Jumong. ya.. the drama took a lotta liberty. in real history Soseono and Jumong were not crossed lovers like they portrayed. Soseono in history was some 12 years older than Jumong and they hooked up simply for business. She was then already widowed with 2 kids, while he had already married in Buyeo (lady Ye) and had Yuri there. let's not forget Buyeong! totally made up too.. but i liked her cuz she was the first woman who slept with Jumong. LOL.. sorry twisted but Jumong was so flirty and funny w/ her.. while he was so sad with Soseono albeit heartfelt.. and so serious and responsible w/ Yesoya. he was good w/ all the women. he loved them all. what a casa nova. hee..

next year SBS is taking on the next chapter in the story. and doing a drama 'Ja myeong go' on Muhyul's son, Prince Hodong and his very famous love story w/ the enemy nation princess.

Actors Jeong Kyeong ho and Park Min-Yeong have been cast in the title roles. Love them both. Jeong is sooo adorable and so is Min-Yeong. <-- both have such high potentials. i like seeing the torch passing from MBC, to KBS to SBS.. a story of 5 generations...

I didn't know that Princess Ja Myung-go is a possible or portraying another generation after Moohyul's, interesting one, maybe I'll look forward to that one ^ ^

I'm now on Episode 17...I really watched all the episodes fast now...and I like this particular Episode where MH discovers who he really is, especially the scene where he forces his hands onto a wall and the wall became bloody, one of the most intense performances of SIG so far, liking it more than his performance in Jumong... I felt like crying for him as well, and he acted the scene really well..

funny as it is, I got confused after backtracking the posts, I first thought that am I reading Jumong's thread or KOTW...but I love both dramas, and I can't wait for the other Queen to be casted

mic...you yawn with Yeon...I find it cute ^ ^ I like her but I like Hye-ap's character, very good mentor of MH, and I agree that Oh Yoon-ah is too young to play Song Il-kook's mother figure, like Oh Yeon-soo's role in Jumong as Lady Yoohwa, with her having the same age with SIG...I'm remembering Jumong again, anyway OYA is doing great with the character, she impresses me with every episode

^ ^

Guest selvaspeedy

ENOUGH W/ JUMONG ALREADY 16.png

I wonder how soldiers in Jumong and KOTW are too inept and unskillful? they easily are killed.

Black Shadows? what are they, why buyeo has squandered so much money on them, they seemed very skillful and went through hard trainings, but they fought against Muhyul maladroitly, they are killed like insects, I have accepted that Muhyul is a supernatural man, but how does he massacre about twenty of buyeo soldiers in eps. 17, It is too unbelievable.

this is one answer :P hehehe :D

heehee ya they are so polite. taking turns to kick richard simmons. dont wann be rude i guess :mellow:

and this is another one :D

they indeed show the ordinary soldiers a little bit weak :D

the black shadows are buyeo's soldiers who were trained a special training to be assassins. They're like the secret army of Buyeo that do its dirty work. We saw before (I think in episode 4 and 8 or 9) the way they train. Very challenging and tough trainings to reach this level of skill.

about the fight of Muhyul against the black shadows assassins, Muhyul already trained w/ them before and he knows their weakness points... and I think, driven by his anger and rush to save Yeon, he became even more powerful (love can do more than that... the effect of the rushed adrenaline in the body in these moments is remarkable... trust me :D ).

and we can't expect all of them to be as strong as Muhyul, even if they all went through the same training... there's something called natural strength, talent and skill. Muhyul has all of that (he endured the poisoning 10 times... Dojin told him that he has never seen a person w/ this kind of strength before). So he had an advantage in this fight.

regarding the 20 Buyeo's soldiers, I admit it was kinda unbelievable (I guess it was mostly for us to cheer for our super hero Muhyul :D )... but if we think about it, we can't really compare their skills to a man who trained to be an assassin in the black shadows army... if they were able to kill him easily, then I advise Daeso to save his money and forget the whole idea about building a super powerful secret army :D

ya hye-ap looks too young and sexy to be MH's mother figure. check out her sultry eye shadows. but then again the actress (oh yoon-ah) is 9 years younger than song il-guk (muhyul).

they should have made her look older... she's supposed to be as old as Haemyung, right :mellow:

e19385.gif I think she's supposed to be this type of personality... so sweet and cute and oh so feminine... but she looks really weak and lame if we compared her to Seryu or Hye-Ap... Seryu is sophisticated and a fighter, but yet she managed to keep her feminine look and love all the way... I love Seryu :wub:

I really don't hate Yeon... but I want to see more emotions in her eyes when she's looking at Muhyul DAMIT :crazy:

OK, Yeon....do you hear here?

Dramaok and all people will not vote you unless you kiss Muhyul!

Please do it in next episode

Selvaspeedy will be mad at you if you don't do it!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :blush: :blush: :blush:

:blush: :blush: YES YES... a kiss will make me love you forever Yeon :wub:

especially the scene where he forces his hands onto a wall and the wall became bloody, one of the most intense performances of SIG so far, liking it more than his performance in Jumong... I felt like crying for him as well, and he acted the scene really well..

yes e19371.gif this scene also affected me the most... the look on his eyes was totally amazing... he showed some expressions he never showed before... AJA SIG e19366.gif

it's tonight e19324.gife19326.gif

Guest meyyale

What I could not understand was if Jumong loved Yesoya that much, he could have done the escape plan himself instead of assigning them to his comrades.

So sorry I agree that enough Jumong in here BUT I disagree that sentence.Because I watched that Jumong always wanted to rescue his mother, his wife and his child however his comrades always blocked him N that's so sad I believe Jumong loved both of them only I wanna image he loves Lady Yesoya more than Soseono you don't have to agree w me... I always admire Lady Yesoya :tears::tears::tears:

I have watched Jumong 3 times now and will watch it again. As far as who he loved more, I would say that he loved both SSN and YeSoya. SSN broke his heart due to cruel circumstances and it was his first real love. Although he still cared for SSN I don't think that his love for her was as strong as before. He did finally marry her in order to save his new nation "Gogureyo". Although he might have felt sorry for YeSoya, she did give him a son he never saw for 15 years and he spent thost years establishing his new nation and was always looking for her because he did love her. Anyway, thats the way I see it.

Thanks for your comment.

N I like Yeon but I don't see she looks a Lady Yesoya or Lady Soseono or Lady Jung hwa..Maybe we must wait a little longer!!!

Guest selvaspeedy

f_20081112082m_cf53253.jpg

sr: DCinside

some gifs during the shooting

f_BanaMaking0m_a346eb6.gif

f_BanaMaking0m_1da1f4e.gif

f_BanaMaking0m_72820cd.gif

f_BanaMaking0m_7c5f8d3.gif

source: gall DCinside KOTW gallery

SIG is absolutely amazing in horse riding... he didn't use a stuntman to do this tough scene :blush:

Guest selvaspeedy

weeee the streaming was super crappy today -_- it keeps disconnecting and buffering all the time. Does anybody know a better streaming site for KBS2 please :D

Muhyul told hye-ap that he's bringing Yeon to the palace and hye-ap was surprised when she knew she's from Buyeo (BTW SIG looks absolutely charming in the new crown prince's outfit... the high collar suits him very well :wub: )

that 4th assassin I keep forgetting his name is still alive. how come he's not dead?!I thought he already died?! he went back to Buyeo and told Daeso about what happened.

Muhyul and Maro had an amazing conversation today. I think Maro was sad about the whole thing so Muhyul sat down w/ him and reminded him of the days they shared before in the cave and Jolboon :wub: and he told him (I think) that being a prince doesn't change their relation and that they are still the same Muhyul and Maro as before, and they shared a drink together. the way they were looking at each other is so touching... I see pride in Muhyul's eyes every time he looks at Maro.

Muhyul went to mahwang and talked to him... I think he thanked him for taking care of him before... and then I guess he asked him to see Sangga?!

(that old Sangga is surely pampering himself... having maids giving him massage all the time :crazy: )

Muhyul and Sangga talked... I don't know what did Muhyul say to him :huh: maybe he was asking him to give him his approval!!! (weeee Muhyul was super amazing in this situation... I was cheering him all the way) and then he left :huh: (omo I love the new outfit and the collar YAY) after Muhyul left, Sangga was laughing... not from amusement, but I think from frustration :sweatingbullets:

I think hye-ap went to Mahwang and asked him to take Yeon w/ her to the palace... Mahwang didn't agree in the beginning but hye-ap told him something that made him change his mind.

then hye-ap went to see her (BTW Yeon looked really sad or maybe disappointed!! )

and as always my streaming disconnected in this particular moment :crazy: when it came back yeon was w/ hye-ap and Muhyul.

(omo the way he looks at her is so :wub: :wub: my heart was bouncing :blush: did I mention he looks awesomely stunning in the new outfit??!... I love the high collar, I think I said this already :P )

Yeon now is in the imperial palace of KGR... and while Yuri was wandering in the palace (followed by Muhyul (ho looks amazing w/ his father), hye-ap and Guchu) he spotted Yeon and told her: you're yeon, right?! and then he mentioned something about Mahwang (this thing made Muhyul upset and he was about to talk), but Hye-ap said that Yeon is from Jolboon (I think).

(I can't believe Yuri didn't recognize Yeon at this moment :huh: obviously he doesn't have a good memory)

Dojin went to Buyeo and met w/ Daeso. I think he told him about the happenings in KGR.

and, again, my streaming cut, and suddenly I saw Woboo together w/ Daeso and they both were drinking together WTH... and Dojin was standing next to them :crazy: WTH again :crazy:

back in the palace, Muhyul was practicing w/ a stick whn yeojin saw him :blush: they trained together but yeojin got hurt... Muhyul was so worried about him, but Yeojin was so happy :D and then Seryu came.

omo I love the three siblings... the way they smile to each other is :wub: three loving siblings :wub: but of course, that freaking Sagu of buyeo had to come and ruin their moment together <_<

Muhyul and Yoejin both had a conversation w/ Yuri (the three look really compatible together)... I think he was telling them that he have to go to Buyeo. Yeojin was about to talk but then Muhyul told Yuri that he (I think) shall go instead of him (I love the blue collar :P )

I love Muhyul and yeon's scenes together :wub: :wub: I think I'm starting to like Yeon more and more (mostly because of Muhyul )

maybe she was afraid that he's going to Buyeo.

and indeed Muhyul went to Buyeo... and he entered the palace w/ his entourage (hye-ap, Goyo, woobo, ansong, and the rest)... when Daeso saw him, I think he said something like: long time no see...hehehe. poor Daeso :P

(MAN what an awesome outfit Muhyul is wearing)

and then my streaming cut again, when it came back the preview was already playing <_<

gotta go :D

Hi every one I am a silent member .... but I like all your posts and discussions

I want to thank you selvaspeedy for the speed summary :rolleyes:

and I want to thank all people help us not korean people to enjoy ourselves with lovely korean series

shokran In my language == thank you in English

SELVA.you make our night wonderful...thanks for all the hardwork...i've been waiting this simple but fruitful summary the fact that your not korean...bravo selva

Hi every one I am a silent member .... but I like all your posts and discussions

I want to thank you selvaspeedy for the speed summary rolleyes.gif

and I want to thank all people help us not korean people to enjoy ourselves with lovely korean series

hello fantoosa...very much welcome here and enjoy...

Guest shiningstar153

Does anyone know where I can download episode 19 in avi format??????

My mother loves this drama, so she likes the RAW versions.....

Thanx so much.

Guest tateboe

Does anyone know where I can download episode 19 in avi format??????

My mother loves this drama, so she likes the RAW versions.....

Thanx so much.

That is what we are waiting for.

If you have Clubbox account, Cute Girl will post the link soon.

If you don't, wait to omo-omo web site for Mega upload link.

Guest selvaspeedy

I want to thank you selvaspeedy for the speed summary :rolleyes:

hi dear... why silent?! speak up :D

3afwan (also in my language)... :D

SELVA.you make our night wonderful...thanks for all the hardwork...i've been waiting this simple but fruitful summary the fact that your not korean...bravo selva

thanks my dear :D

oppa today was sizzling... he was simply awesome :blush:

editing the caps :rolleyes:

Thanks selva for the brief summary and those comments regarding the outfit :lol: I keep laughing everytime you comment the same thing :P can't wait to watch it my self ^^ BTW I also love the outfit (said many times as you are :P)

Still waiting for the link to d/l and dramaok summary ^^

Archived