[Drama 2008] Land Of Wind / Kingdom Of The Winds 바람의 나라

Guest huangsy

Guest tateboe

By the way, sorry to disappoint the fans, but it is very doubtful that there will be any kissing in the show, b/c in Asian countries that was not done until thousands of years later when the European's came over. Muhyul and Yeon as well as whichever women that may come in the show will primarily be hugging only. :blush: "What a smart way to keep the SIK wife from getting jealous, hugging only, no kissing allowed". :rolleyes:

No No

We watch Asian, Far East drama and TV series for depicting love without a kiss or without hopping to bed. That kind of shows are more than enough in Hollywood and western movies and TV. They even doesn't not know love exist even without those acts. They are confused in the meaning of love and sex. I am not looking forward to see those acts in these series. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest selvaspeedy

No No

We watch Asian, Far East drama and TV series for depicting love without a kiss or without hopping to bed. That kind of shows are more than enough in Hollywood and western movies and TV. They even doesn't not know love exist even without those acts. They are confused in the meaning of love and sex. I am not looking forward to see those acts in these series. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

kekekeke then I think I'm the only one who wants to see a kiss in KOTW (particularly between Muhyul and Yeon :blush: )

it's not like a hot kiss or anything, but at least something more passionate than a hug :sweatingbullets:

me too naughty :P

Guest meyyale

Hi everyone...

I'm so happy about your comments 'cause at last our drama got attention..

Thanks selva N minhtrangnguyen so so much..

minhtrangnguyen please go on this wonderful fan-art!!! N again I added in there I hope you don't be angry..

Take care!!!

Guest selvaspeedy

hi meyyale

BTW I didn't know before that there's a KOTW group at the facebook, which is really cool :D

Do they release any soft subtitle files? Watching online LQ is too fuzzy for me.

I used to watch HQ or better with 46" TV connection (PC in jack). It is very much lively and it feels like I myself is inside ( together with Muhyul and Yeon :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :blush: )

so sorry I missed your question before :sweatingbullets:

no Viikii doesn't release soft subs, but WITH S2 already is doing the subs for us :D

shenny will release them here whenever they are ready :)

I am feeling a bit sorry for the first wives/queens now, don't you find it sad that they came into the marriage hoping for love and not getting it from the husbands/kings, the women they love usually end up being their concubines.

i think it so,in royal family they have arrange marriage so the real one will always a concubine..what sad love story for yeon and muhyul, if muhyul queen same as daeso mom..

Eps.17 and 18

Really love muhyul actings here hearing his identity all in that makes me grasp my heart, though king yuri doesn't show so much action like hugging his son but his eyes speak it well...

but what i dont like is the biryu tribe who kept threatening and challenging king yuri patients AS IF THAT they own the throne it sad that king yuri words is always oppose by biryu tribe..no respect at all they even raises their voice to the king..I want to see how yuri cut baeguk and sanga head in the hall..

but Biryu has nothing to do w/ the establishment of Baekje... I remember someone told me before that he killed himself, while his brother (Onjo) is the one who established Baekje.

does that mean Onjo was super cool king who never held a grudge against his father?!?!... it's not just the announcement of Yuri as the crown prince, but also his departure w/ his mother and brother away from the kingdom they helped in establishing. Doesn't that make him a little bit angr

base from korea monarchy history

it was told that biryu a frustrated conqueror who kept his grudge to jumong, he build biryu but failed to make a kingdom so he run under baekje wings but when found chances again he tried to steal onjo kingdom but always fail to conquer and that made him realize to kill himself..

Guest ardentfrias

MUHYUL SAID:

"My only weapon now is my life."

This is a puzzle statement. Coming from him, I think pledging his own life to spare him from conviction from tribe leaders, means he wants to live for some purpose. Maybe to protect his family and the King's throne from these ambitious leaders who are continously antagonizing his father or prove to everyone and to himself that the curse is not true. Most importantly, there is Yeon whom he loves so much and wants to be his wife.

Guest tateboe

You people here really think that a King, of that era,will have only one wife?

Dream on.....

King will have Queen, concubine 1, 2 3.... for any reason!

Woman of those era knew it, understood it and accepted it. Just becoming one of those concubine would be great honor and security and wealth of their lives.

Of course there would be a lot of competation among them.

Yeon was grown up as a princes of the era and she supposed to understand that kind of hassle, even Muhyul would marry her.

You people here really think that a King, of that era,will have only one wife?

Dream on.....

King will have Queen, concubine 1, 2 3.... for any reason!

Woman of those era knew it, understood it and accepted it. Just becoming one of those concubine would be great honor and security and wealth of their lives.

Of course there would be a lot of competation among them.

Yeon was grown up as a princes of the era and she supposed to understand that kind of hassle, even Muhyul would marry her.

of course we are aware of that ...what are we talking about is almost of the concubine are truly love by the king and that's proven in many historical drama..

parents decision and for country security arrange marriage will make their kingdom become more stronger...

Guest ardentfrias

to me, I'm not content w/ another thing. I kinda understand why did Yuri announce Muhyul as the crown prince right away, but didn't he think what the other tribal chiefs will do when they know he was fooling them all of those years?! they think that Muhyul is dead, and suddenly: NO, HE'S NOT!!

those chiefs already tried to kill Yuri before, so he knows they are waiting for a single chance to pin-point his mistakes.

I think in this aspect, Yuri wasn't thinking so much.

Maybe he is very much confused with the sudden appearance of Muhyul and concluded that the tribes or his secret enemies' knowledge of the real identity of the prince will bring more threat to Muhyul's life. He wants to protect his son's life now after seeing how Muhyul grew to be a very brave and compassionate man and finds himself loving his own son more than he thinks. He knows that Muhyul's identity will inevitably be revealed no matter how hard he conceals the truth. As a matter of fact, almost all his enemies know it already. If everybody knew that Muhyul was the prince, people would have a second thought doing harm to him and Muhyul as a prince could be fully protected and considering the power given to him, he could do decisions to get back at his enemies. As for the curse, he doubts it now and can't find in the personality of Muhyul becoming bad as foreseen. The time has come for both father and son to face their fates and try to reverse them or otherwise accept them as they come.

thx selva for preview. yes SIG is very tall.

when i saw him last summer, he was w/ a large group of college age studnts and he was towering over everyone.

very handsome, not so pretty boy handsome, but manly in a substance and charisma way. but i digress now...

I envy you dramaok.... how i wish i could see him too in person... his manly features are more appealing to girls... you wouldn't get tired of looking at him...

Btw, i like the added pic on your signature.... :lol: very funny.... rock on girl!!!!!

At last our beloved oppa is a WANGJANİM!!!When I hear this word, I remember Jumong&Yesoya.. :tears: :blush:

I really wanna watch this drama so so much but I can't :tears::tears::tears: So that I'm so so happy when I read your summary dramaok N when I see your pics selva...

Take care everyone.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Me too, i could still remember that scene meyyale... too sad that you can't watch this drama.... i wouldn't ask you why but really.... too sad.... :tears:

ok there's something I have to say about CJW... she's a good actress when she acts w/ everybody in the drama EXCEPT w/ SIG :crazy: ... dunno what's wrong... maybe she's like what ardent said about her... that she loses herself every time she looks at him -_-

maybe it's just me... but I feel she gives more emotions when she's looking at Dojin :crazy:

maybe she's not showing this much of emotions w/ Muhyul because she's still afraid from those feeling she has for him so she's trying to suppress it :unsure:

I just needed to say this :P

You're not alone Selva... although their chemistry is haunting me already esp in the preview of epi 19, wow SIG and CJW, they both are so gorgeous with their new looks and costumes... i can say that, it is SIG who's carrying the team up... but like what've said before, it's maybe the character or CJW's acting... we still don't know yet.....

Btw Selva, great screen caps.... clear and complete.... thanks....

I also like this drama . It is so interesting . So I design some artworks for KOTW .

Everyone can give me your ideas about my artworks. Thanks.

I hope everyone can enjoy this drama. And rating can over 20% soon.

Hi minhtrangnguyen...... nice job... beautiful artworks..... more SIG please..... :rolleyes:

:):DI AM JUST LOVING THIS SHOW, ITS GOING AT THE RIGHT PACE AND ITS CONSTANTLY KEEPING ME INTERESTED SOMETIMES I HAVE TO WATCH THIS SHOW TWICE. :D:)

Agree chasen8888, every episode outdone the other....

we have the same conclusion as to why king yuri had a change of heart about exposing muhyul's existence,

and it's for this reason i wasn't quite content w/ the writers, i find it too shallow. but then again, i'll give the

writers the benefit of the doubt, i'll see how the story progresses.

i think i was expecting muhyul to achieve something big for the nation before they present him to the people.

again, in comparison to seodongyo (sorry, can't help it), long before the 4th prince was revealed he had

already done great deeds: he helped the crown prince win a war, he proved to be an excellent tactician (about

4x), he had invented great things for his country (about 3x), etc. so far, muhyul hasn't done much except save

the king & the people from the poison epidemic, and prove that there are culprits behind those strange phenomenons.

i guess i should avoid comparing muhyul to jang of sedongyo, otherwise i won't be able to enjoy KOTW now.

i just hope it's just this part that they disappoint me.

For me, it is as simple as there's a lot more to happen in this drama..... this is just a 36-episode drama, and the story does not just revolves around Muhyul's hidden identity... im actually patiently waiting how and when he would marry Yeon....

Episode 17:

1226363726862873_file.jpg

SIG - great acting here... need i say more??!

Episode 18:

1226370142962129_file.jpg

King Yuri - i like how he worries about Muhyul....

Muhyul and Yeon - i love them now.... esp how Muhyul shows his love to Yeon....

Maro - he just said that Muhyul ignores them out of frustrations coz he worried too much....

Seryu and Yeojin - King Yuri is so blessed to have nice children.... all of them including Haemyung... they looked unselfish and grateful to know that Muhyul is their brother...

The best episode so far!!!!

Oh... still haven't watched ep 18. I already read the summary of ep 18. But it's still different when you watch it. I was already ecstatic reading ep 18 summary how much more when I watch it... sometime this week!!!

May i know why Jumong has to married Yesoya before Soseno?

How come Jumong abandoned Yuri? i thought from Jumong drama, Soseno went to other places to build her own territory with her sons. She left Jumong with his first wife and the sons.

Guest ardentfrias

You're not alone Selva... although their chemistry is haunting me already esp in the preview of epi 19, wow SIG and CJW, they both are so gorgeous with their new looks and costumes... i can say that, it is SIG who's carrying the team up... but like what've said before, it's maybe the character or CJW's acting... we still don't know yet.....

Definitely it's SIG. His eyes are full of love everytime he looks at Yeon. And the girl just stare blankly. I really miss the looks of Soseno staring at Jumong. She always almost wanna cry with joy or sadness. Her eyes glistens with tears she is trying to control. I almost believe she really loves SIG in the real life. She broke with her boyfriend of seven years (was it during or after shooting Jumong?).

Guest ardentfrias

How come Jumong abandoned Yuri? i thought from Jumong drama, Soseno went to other places to build her own territory with her sons. She left Jumong with his first wife and the sons.

Jumong and Soseno were separated by circumstances. Soseno thought Jumong was already dead and to avoid becoming the concubine of Daeso married Yotae, her childhood companion when Jumong returned, she was already pregnant and that broke the heart of Jumong who cried and became so sad from thereon. To forget her, he married Yesoya.

For your second question, it was a long story and I would suggest if you have time, watch this drama. I guarantee you'll love it. It's worth the time spent for watching. I watched it three times. All the 81 episodes, until today in our country Philippines, it is being aired every monday from 11:00 am to 12noon. Filipinos love this drama very much and Jumong is very popular in every household. He is known here as Jumong and not as his real name.

Guest selvaspeedy

yes they do look great together, but MY GOD the girl just stares back at him like that :mellow::mellow::mellow:

I can't help but complain to my sister when I'm watching, and the conversation goes like this:

- she: give her a break. The girl indeed loves him!

- me: then why doesn't she show that in her eyes or when she hugs him?! :crazy:

- she: she's still afraid. She must have strong feeling for him that she's still afraid and trying to adjust to those feeling -_-

anyway, I hope she's right :sweatingbullets:

im actually patiently waiting how and when he would marry Yeon....

I'm actually patiently waiting for oppa to grow a beard and a moustache :blush:

Seryu and Yeojin - King Yuri is so blessed to have nice children.... all of them including Haemyung... they looked unselfish and grateful to know that Muhyul is their brother...

you're right... Seryu was dying to see her brother, and Yoejin already showed that he admires Muhyul so much.

I really love the relationship between the three siblings :wub:

in the drama, Jumong went missing for few months and his brother (Daeso :tongue2: ) started to nag Soseono about his desire to marry her. But Soseono preferred to marry Woate instead.

meanwhile Yesoya saved Jumong's life, but her father got killed, so Jumong had to bring her w/ him to Buyeo palace, and it was his mother who convinced him to marry Yesoya because she's a good girl and all.

but after he married her and she got pregnant, Jumong left Buyeo's palace to start building his new nation (KGR). He already made a plan to help his wife and mother to escape but it failed.

then, when the baby (Yuri) was born, his father (Jumong) was not even there. and in their (Jumong's mother and Yesoya) last attempt to escape, Buyeo's soldiers caught Jumong's mother while Yesoya escaped but got captured by the Han troops.

after a while, she managed to escape and went to KGR, but to find that Jumong and Soseno were getting married... so she left.

but after 15 years, she sent her son (Yuri) to his father w/ a piece of a broken sword (that Jumong gave her before) to prove that he's Jumong's son.

Good answer ardentfrias ^^ JuMong married Yesoya because he is owe his life to Yesoya father who save his life. You know how nice JuMong is ^^ beside, he felt sorry for Yesoya (after her father died, she have nothing) and took her with him.

at first jumong consider yesoya as his savior but i disagree that jumong never love yesoya in the long run he learn to love yesoya,as SSN did w/ hyutae. jumong both love the 2 women in differently, i always believe that jumong grow an intelligent person not be sink from his past love instead be open for the future and that's he open his heart to yesoya...learning his first love had 2 child is something he should think of although the memories still there.. :D

this what SIG makes a great actor he shaken our thoughts....so i guess sigers had different opinion,it's been debated long ago so i suggest

WIE to browse book of three han. :) :)

Guest selvaspeedy

I think this article is talking about Song Il-gook, an amazing martial arts skills :blush:

http://news.joins.com/article/3374727.html?ctg=15

MUHYUL SAID:

"My only weapon now is my life."

This is a puzzle statement. Coming from him, I think pledging his own life to spare him from conviction from tribe leaders, means he wants to live for some purpose. Maybe to protect his family and the King's throne from these ambitious leaders who are continously antagonizing his father or prove to everyone and to himself that the curse is not true. Most importantly, there is Yeon whom he loves so much and wants to be his wife.

amazing interpretation ardent... it's like he wants them to give him a chance until they see what he tryly can do. And I think the most important reason for him right now is (what you exactly said) to prove that the curse isn't true after all, because if he proved this he can live w/ a peaceful mind not thinking about his ominous fate, and also if he proves that the curse is false, he will be able to be w/ yeon w/out the fear to hurt or harm her w/ that curse.

LOL I hope you get what I mean :D

at first jumong consider yesoya as his savior but i disagree that jumong never love yesoya in the long run he learn to love yesoya,as SSN did w/ hyutae. jumong both love the 2 women in differently, i always believe that jumong grow an intelligent person not be sink from his past love instead be open for the future and that's he open his heart to yesoya...learning his first love had 2 child is something he should think of although the memories still there.. :D

this what SIG makes a great actor he shaken our thoughts....so i guess sigers had different opinion,it's been debated long ago so i suggest

WIE to browse book of three han. :) :)

:D:D:D:D

each one of us has a different opinion about this :D

and this is exactly what made Jumong an amazing drama... it's amazing how until now we are still thinking: who did Jumong truly love?

well, you know what I think :phew:

Archived