Freshlook

Guest DanniiBlu

Guest AiMango

heey guys. im planning to order Amethyst contacts ..

but my eyes have different prescription/grades. my sister gets coloured contacts all the time but her eye prescriptions are the same .. [she buys the package of 3] so I was wondering how it would work.. ? would I have to buy 2 boxes of my different eye grades ? im sorry if im not explaining this well enough =\

no you wont have to order 2 boxes at a time. they will just give you 3 of 1 degree and 3 of the other degree. so 3 for each eye. in 1 box.

i just got acuvue 2 in chestnut & tried them on... they suck. well i only had them on for an hour but they werent as great as i expected > < freshlooks are way better esp in terms of effect - there isnt a ring or anything on the outer edge (all pixelated) & it looks like a fail job for whoever made the contacts. and since acuvue 2s are not monthlys (max 2 weeks) they are a lot thinner.. & harder to put on than normal acuvue contacts : S so they are pretty much as thin as freshlooks.. & since they are smaller diam, sometimes when it slides around it looks messed up cause the coloured part is not fully over your iris. -__- and this doesnt happen with freshlook.. yeah i was pretty disappointed.

edit-they actually were fine after a day's wear. the colours not that bad but uncomparable to FL still : P

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lunastelle

i've tried freshlook gray, honey, and pure hazel.

i think they're super comfortable compared to circle lens.

when my eyes are tired i just wear my freshlooks.

they're like backup lenses xD

Guest DanniiBlu

I am very happy with 2 of the 3 new colors. The overall effects of Sterling Grey and Brilliant Blue are amazing. Gemstone Green I am not personally crazy over so I never bothered ordering it.

Sterling Grey (Sorry for pic size and quality)

SterlingGrey001.jpg

SterlingGrey004.jpg

SterlingGrey005.jpg

Brilliant Blue (Sorry for pic size and quality)

BrilliantBlue007.jpg

BrilliantBlue006.jpg

BrilliantBlue005.jpg

Gemstone Green compared to Colorblends Green (Sorry for pic quality and size)

VibrantViews005.jpg

VibrantViews006.jpg

VibrantViews007.jpg

Sorry for the long post now. Just posted some shots I meant to post for a some time to this thread.

Guest shellasaurrus

Has anyone tried freshlook colorblends in GEMSTONE green?

I see a lot of greens, but some don't show up well (maybe it's just the lighting or quality).

Just worried that if I get the gemstone ones that it'll look too neon and creepy?

^ We've had patients come in to try on gemstone green but so far all of them went with just the regular green freshlook colorblends. Especially on Asian people, it looks very unnatural but if you're trying to go for the bright eyes then I guess it would work.

Guest shellasaurrus

^ We've had patients come in to try on gemstone green but so far all of them went with just the regular green freshlook colorblends. Especially on Asian people, it looks very unnatural but if you're trying to go for the bright eyes then I guess it would work.

Aw sucks! I personally think it's a beautiful colour, but oh well :) Thank youu

^ Lol depends on the colors. I think any shade of purple like amethyst or violet would look kinda fruity on a guy... but it depends on the guy too. I personally like guys with natural eyes but I think colors like pure hazel and green would look okay too... But once again it totally depends on the guy.

and shellasaurrus it never hurts to go try them on! Who knows, you might actually be able to pull it off well.

Guest angeliquelle

I wear the Pure Hazel colored contacts. The colors are really pretty and natural. I wouldn't recommend wearing Freshlooks everyday for a long time, because it dries out really quickly and is kinda irritating sometimes.

Pure hazel with flash

IMG_0079.jpg

Guest Searesrayne

guys wearing colored contact? I dont' see a problem with it o_O... On some guy I think it would look weird and some hot.. I mean sylvester stallone wore blue contacts in the 90s and he didn't look bad in it. Oh Wesley Snipe wore Colored contacts a lot in the 90's and he looked HOT, you can easily see him wear it in Demolition Man. and I know he wore them when he wasn't shooting movies...

Guest tinatran_

no you wont have to order 2 boxes at a time. they will just give you 3 of 1 degree and 3 of the other degree. so 3 for each eye. in 1 box.

i just got acuvue 2 in chestnut & tried them on... they suck. well i only had them on for an hour but they werent as great as i expected > < freshlooks are way better esp in terms of effect - there isnt a ring or anything on the outer edge (all pixelated) & it looks like a fail job for whoever made the contacts. and since acuvue 2s are not monthlys (max 2 weeks) they are a lot thinner.. & harder to put on than normal acuvue contacts : S so they are pretty much as thin as freshlooks.. & since they are smaller diam, sometimes when it slides around it looks messed up cause the coloured part is not fully over your iris. -__- and this doesnt happen with freshlook.. yeah i was pretty disappointed.

stick with FLs guys lol

what may work for you, may not work for others though and vice versa.. just saying. i wouldn't know if Acuvue 2 color contacts work cause i still cannot find a place in my city that gives free trial pairs without a purchase. i mean, i don't want to buy $180 worth of contacts just to get a FREE trial. D: for now, i have to stick to Freshlook cause of that issue and i'm broke. -.-'' there's nothings wrong about the way Freshlook looks, but i just don't like how it dries out my eyes after 3 hours and then turns red after taking them out. >.<''

What Freshlook color would be closest to Solotica Hidrocharme Ice?

icebeforeafter.jpg

(credit to fmheadtotoe, but I found in soompi photobucket)

I've got dark brown eyes and I want an icy blue color. The Solotica one looks pretty natural, aside from the slight enlarging. But I can only get contacts from Freshlook because that's all my optometrist has LOL. So what do you guys think? Maybe Freshlook Sterling Grey?

I hate how the patterns on Freshlook contacts are so harsh =/

AiMango, THEY DO THAT? People with different prescriptions for each eye don't need to buy TWO boxes, and Freshlook will give them ONE box with 2 diff. prescriptions? Omg...the people working at my optometrist has been lying to me, they make me buy two boxes every time!

Guest Searesrayne

^

Sterling grey is better choice to get but it won't be a icy blue color >_> <_< ^__~.. the Freshlook contacts has a different patterns than solitica...

O I think it depends on some places that you can get 2 diff prescription for one box.. I mean on some websites it's give you the choice but I think it's just easier (to get money perhaps?) to buy separate boxes xD

What Freshlook color would be closest to Solotica Hidrocharme Ice?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/so...beforeafter.jpg

(credit to fmheadtotoe, but I found in soompi photobucket)

I've got dark brown eyes and I want an icy blue color. The Solotica one looks pretty natural, aside from the slight enlarging. But I can only get contacts from Freshlook because that's all my optometrist has LOL. So what do you guys think? Maybe Freshlook Sterling Grey?

From the photo you provided, I would have to say the closest match to try is Freshlook Colorblends in grey.

Freshlook CB does not have a crisp outer line, like in your photo, but it is slightly more darker around the edges giving them a sharper look. The Freshlook Regular series in grey has no definite outer color, giving it a bleeding, blurry effect. As for an icy blue, I don't think any Freshlook lens can achieve that. I have been searching myself at first and found the Freshlook Regular series in blue and violet, to be more of a light tint, only visible in sunlight, and only very slightly. Freshlook CB True Sapphire is not an icy blue, more like an unnatural dark blue. And Freshlook CB Blue is more of a blend, giving your eyes a more natural look.

No icy blue. There are Freshlook lenses to enhance natural blue eyes, but the optometrist told me they wouldn't do much for dark eyes.

From the photo you provided, I would have to say the closest match to try is Freshlook Colorblends in grey.

Freshlook CB does not have a crisp outer line, like in your photo, but it is slightly more darker around the edges giving them a sharper look. The Freshlook Regular series in grey has no definite outer color, giving it a bleeding, blurry effect. As for an icy blue, I don't think any Freshlook lens can achieve that. I have been searching myself at first and found the Freshlook Regular series in blue and violet, to be more of a light tint, only visible in sunlight, and only very slightly. Freshlook CB True Sapphire is not an icy blue, more like an unnatural dark blue. And Freshlook CB Blue is more of a blend, giving your eyes a more natural look.

No icy blue. There are Freshlook lenses to enhance natural blue eyes, but the optometrist told me they wouldn't do much for dark eyes.

Yeahh, I think the CBs are probably the best (and only good) series from the Freshlook brand. I've worn CB Greys before and it didn't really give me any sort of blue-ish tint at all. They were more brown-grey on me. Has anyone tried CB Greys AND the new Sterling Grey? What are the differences between the two?

I've only ever ordered contacts from my optometrist. But does Costco has a wider variety, right? More brands to choose from=more colors...yes? And can you use your insurance there, or do you have to pay out of pocket?

Guest shellasaurrus

For people who have bought the GREY colorblends, have they ever turned out to make it look like you have glaucoma? I noticed some grey circle lenses do that just wondering if anyone's experienced it with FL?

Also, I'm getting mine soon :3 i have the box with 2 lenses per box. Are they fortnightly? So much people say that they've worn them for 3 months!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zengarden

Hey everybody. I haven't read the whole thread so maybe this subject was addressed already, but bear with me. I just got my first box of colored contacts by Acuvue. They suck! Anyone else thought so? The uncolored portion is too big. They slide down and my pupil is not in the center but on the top of this transparent part. I look like a freak! My base curve is 8.7, Acuvue makes it only 8.3 so I assumed they would fit OK. Well, they don't I am so disappointed. TF am I supposed to do? Freshlook seems appealing, their base curve it 8.6, closer to mine, but now I am afraid that I'll throw away another 40 bucks. Any advice, experience and such? Thanks in advance.

My own color

IMG_6083.jpg

Lens looking half-way decent even though you can see it moved to the side

IMG_6087.jpg

And this is a freak version and that's how it is most of the time

IMG_6089.jpg

Archived