Kono Basho e

Guest rufus.

original song
I sang this about a month ago or so, got tired of mixing, put it away, brought it back out a few hours ago, and... yeah. xD Kono Basho e Music produced by Hassan Ansari of 'Abnotic Records.' Lyrics by me. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated T_T I'd love to know how I could make this better T.T ~*~ Kono Basho e Oh... Look down at your feet, look up towards the sky Look at the road in front of you Look up, look up Oh Kono basho e, let's go Ikou yo, time slips away Kono basho e, let's go Ikou yo, risk another day If I, or if anybody else was to tell you, that your hand could feel a touch, Would you then feel shame of reaching out to me? And if you claim your legs can walk, Then who's stopping you from this steppin' to this beat? Don't be afraid to dream and take anything you've ever wanted Talk with me, talk with me, talk with me Talk with me, me, me Oh Talk with me, talk with me, talk with me Talk with me, talk with me, me, me Do that thing, girl, keep it rockin' Keep all o' them shoulders poppin' Do that thing, girl, keep it rockin'... Just keep it rockin' Kono basho e, let's go Ikou yo, time slips away Kono basho e, let's go Ikou yo, risk another day Oh... The earth moves below your feet, below your feet Do that thing, girl, keep it rockin' Keep all o' them shoulders poppin' Do that thing, girl, keep it rockin'... Just keep it rockin' ~*~ Thanks! :D

You should really get a Soundclick account ^^

The adlibs, the ohs, are a bit too much to me, and that echo thing makes it a bit confusing. I don't really get the beat but that's just me.

You've got a great voice though. And the lyrics are cool. Is Kono Basho e meant to be Japanese? Just wondering because the way you're pronouncing the a in "basho" sounds to me like you're pronouncing it like "bash".

Buuut...I don't know much so correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest hmaster

Levels are all over the place. The "anything you've ever wanted" pan was not effective. What's with the weird filters? The message you tried to get across was lost with all the weird effects and what not.

This seemed to me a showcase of how good your audio skills were and not so much your singing.

The lyrics you've presented do not match with the beat, and you come across as a really poor imitation of aaliyah. The specific track I have in mind here is "we need a resolution" maybe even "one in a million." Lots of beat, sporadic lyrics. The beat wasn't even LOUD in the mix.

I would have been much more impressed with your singing had I only been focused on just that. your singing. Next time, keep it simple. Quite frankly you tried to do too much with too little.

EDIT: Don't forget that the average listener simply has no idea and doesn't care about how well you can mix. All they want is music. The listener who DOES know what he or she's on about will only tell you that such effects are often unneccessary. Remember that effects must ADD to the music listening experience, not SUBTRACT from it. Too much and the people who know what's going on have a hard time listening to it. The people who don't know simply just won't listen.

Guest juki_love

i think u put too many effects into this -__-;; it kinda got annoying after awhile .. ><

and i don't think the lyrics really match with this song +__+

- i dunno abt this, but i think it would sound better if the instrumental is heard more..

but overall it's still gud^^~

Archived