[drama 2008] War Of Flowers / Tazza 타짜

Guest huangsy

Luv : thanks for the caps!

hjkomo : yaaaayy...you are watching Tazza too! Kim Gap Soo is badassss,isn't he? I was totally impressed with his A-Gui. Hyuk's saturi is so cute! hahahahaa.

So I finally finished watching episode 1....

so here goes my ramblings..

First of all I have to say it was a solid episode. I knew going in that episode 1 will be mostly about Goni's childhood and setting the background of the story. Tazza managed to lay down a solid base storyline to the story of Goni.

I like how the drama differs from the movie. That seems to be the knock lately that viewers keep on comparing the drama to the movie. To this I say I'm glad the drama takes on a very different approach to the story. I'm glad they decide to show Goni's background story....it really helped us to understand how his childhood would later shape him in real life....how he keeps the motto of never giving up and that he has to win.

One thing that really impressed me is the wonderful video work...my hats off to the videographer and the director for shooting such wonderful scenes and great job editing the episode. That shot that chula posted of Adult Goni jumping in to the waters... masterpiece!

There are really so many great shots....

- The opening to the drama is super eye-catching with the split screens of the gamblers quickly followed by Goni narrating about the fascination of gambling in Korea...all this while they were playing hwatu.

- As I mentioned before the diving scene is especially breathtaking....I can keep on watching this scene over and over again. Of course it didn't hurt that Jang Hyuk's 'deranged' expression right before the jump just made that scene even more powerful. Just a few seconds before the jump we saw a scared Goni followed by an almost maniacal look on his face. After the jump we follow adult Goni under water only to see kid Goni coming up. Brilliant!

- Blood splatter on A-Gui's face.... very powerful scene.

Now for me some of things that really stuck out for me in episode 1:

- When Goni's dad took their lifesavings. Clearly he wasn't himself there. When a person is blinded by thoughts of money he really can't see or think straight. I was really swept by that scene of Goni's mom begging him not to take the money and clearly scared of what her husband was doing at that time. And we see Goni's dad being a completely different person. At that moment he wasn't the warm husband and fathe..he was a gambling addict needing to win his money back. When he hit his wife I really felt for them.

- A-Gui is one baaaaaaad man. He is one scary dude. When I saw Goni's dad putting his lifesavings as a bet and there was A-Gui sitting infront of him, my heart literally sank. Though I've read wils' summary before watching I still couldn't help but feel for Goni's dad. There was no way this man was going to win over A-Gui. Kim Gap Soo as A-Gui is brilliant. He really gave off a ruthless, scary vibe. There was not a moment in the drama that I did not think of A-Gui as a man to be afraid of.

- When kid Goni left his hometown with his mom. Yes the kid Goni (played superbly by Yeo Jin Goo) is a good actor but one scene that really touched me was the scene in the moving truck. With teary eyes he said "It's a good thing. I'm leaving." For me that sentence was a sum of a whole lot of emotion. It wasn't just the sadness of leaving his friends..it's him leaving his hometown, leaving his dead father, leaving his first love, leaving his precious marbles, and perhaps leaving the true happiness of childhood. He might still have friends later on in the new place but things would never be the same. He could never be the same Goni. That is why for me that scene impacted me a lot more than Goni crying over his father.

Let's see..what else? Who knew Jang Hyuk would be the comedic relief in episode one? never would've thought about that...hehehe. I thought his Goni is adorable. I watched the movie Tazza yesterday..and personally I find Hyuk's Goni more endearing.

Okay that's it from me for now...don't want to bore you with my post...:lol:

I'll be looking forward to future episodes......

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest babymarzy07

ok just a question about cards in general..

are the cards used here for hwantu and go stop the same kind of cards?

does anyone know how the game is played for a background in case?

episode 1 was solid.

jang hyuk pulled of his scenes so well.

i cant wait for the rest.

ok just a question about cards in general..

are the cards used here for hwantu and go stop the same kind of cards?

does anyone know how the game is played for a background in case?

Yes, same kind of cards.

Hwatu is a word of Chinese origin, from the flowers on the cards.

The Koreans call the game Gostop.

The cards are sold at shops like 7-11 in Korea, costs about Won3,000.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafuda

You can google for other sites on how to play.

Guest rochinipark

i'm intrigued by tazza storyline,though i know nothing of the movie.i like most of the actors,can't really stand Han Ye Seul though,but i'll give it a chance.

Guest Jill4675

Let's see..what else? Who knew Jang Hyuk would be the comedic relief in episode one? never would've thought about that...hehehe. I thought his Goni is adorable. I watched the movie Tazza yesterday..and personally I find Hyuk's Goni more endearing.

;) o-cha, don't you think that

after seeing those comedic skills displayed so frequently and so well in Robber/Bad guy, [we should not be surprised??!!

:) Aside from being a talented dramatic actor, he's absolutely hilarious when he wants to be!! I expected it because of this quote posted by kdramafanusa! :lol:

Quote from article posted by kdramafanusa...

He is just too cute!!! :wub:

B)

I'm so busy now so I can't really "take pictures" for this drama...

Here are the thumbnails...

Hey Luv... thnx for the thumbnails... it's better then nothing... I know you're pretty busy in the

EOE thread... was wondering if you were going to pop in here... glad to see that you did.

Guest fivemagic

O-CHA - I Knew I could count on you and your awesome translations of episode 1... gosh, you are so good in describing your thoughts / feelings on some part scenes... how I wish I could see episode 1 like some of you lucky ladies. Your translations are very well said chingu and super thanks for sharing your side of the thoughts with us.

LUV - Super thanks for sharing some 'thumbnail' Tazza pixs.

Also, super thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts / comments / posts here... I need to go back a few pages and trying to catch up with everyone's post. Since I can't watch Tazza when it aired on September 16th, and after reading everyone's post, I am dying to watch it myself... all the suspense is killing me.

Guest babymarzy07

Yes, same kind of cards.

Hwatu is a word of Chinese origin, from the flowers on the cards.

The Koreans call the game Gostop.

The cards are sold at shops like 7-11 in Korea, costs about Won3,000.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafuda

You can google for other sites on how to play.

thanks for that info :)

so in essence they are actually using Gostop as a means of gambling right?

id love to learn to play those btw..

but looks hard to remember those flowers

if i can only find a deck of those here..

i agree with jill, jang hyuk did good in the comedy aspect in robbers.

so why not. good acting thus far.

cococrust : thanks for the C-sub...if only I understand Chinese it'd be really sweet...hehehe.

babymarzy07 : yup...they play Hwatu or Go Stop as a way of gambling.

fivemagic : I think somebody started uploading the drama on youtube. But last time I checked last night they only had half ot the episode up..hopefully that person will finish uploading.

Jill4675 : yeah I know Hyuk can play comedic role (remember Please Teach Me English--he was hilarious there). But you know how lately it's been dramatic roles for him. Yes he showed some of his comedic ability in Robbers too but I think he'll take it to a different level in Tazza.

Forgot to say I love how during the scene of

kid Goni seeing kid Nan Sook for the first time, Goni was almost hit by a truck. The same thing would happen again when they meet again in high school (watch the preview).

I thought this was a nice touch.

Guest mandalaywith

Today September 18 is our Princess Han Ye Seul Birthday.^^

Han Ye Seul Birthday My Message

Happy Birthday!Ye Seul :wub:

I hope you'll make many wonderfull works and enjoy peacefull life forever.

Han Ye Seul Fighting~! :wub::lol:

Han Ye Seul Birthday My Message By korean Language.

밍글라바~!(미얀마어로 안녕하세요)

아이리스 회원 미얀마팬 입니다.

오늘 예슬이 생일을 진심으로 축하 합니다.

9월 18일,예슬이의 생일은 정말 우리팬에게 특별하고 잊을 수 없는 날인 것 같습니다.

이날이 너무나 따뜻하게 되고 축복도 그리움도 가득 채워 있는 날입니다.

이제까지 배우로써 인간으로써 보여주신 멋진모습 정말 보기 좋아요^^

앞으로도 그런 모습 기대할게요.

지근 출연중인 드라마" 타짜" 에서 멋진연기 기대하겠습니다.

"난숙,미나" 역활 많은사랑 받으시길 기원합니다^^

타짜 드라마 대박나세요.

이번 생일부터 항상 좋은일, 웃는일, 예슬이의 행복한 생활가 되시길 바랍니다.

예슬이 생일 진심으로 다시한번 축하합니다.

Happy Birthday! Han Ye Seul.

TunTunKyaw(툰툰쪄)

Myanmar Fan 올림

2008년 9월 18일

My Present

aldls76_26402112.jpg

(This seaweed soup is korean people birthday in to eat.soup name is called Mi York Ku 미역국)

7655-1.jpg

2005421163542.jpg

Guest fivemagic

fivemagic : I think somebody started uploading the drama on youtube. But last time I checked last night they only had half ot the episode up..hopefully that person will finish uploading.

Hey O-CHA -

Thank you for the heads up on Tazza on youtube... I will check it out right away!

Hey COCOCRUST -

Super thanks for the Tazza Chinese subs... just like O-CHA said if only I could understand chinese.

Happy Birthday to Han Ye Seul. Hopefully she had a bit of time to enjoy her birthday. I know they are busy shooting right now.

Seems like some viewers complained about the violence shown in Tazza ep 1

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200809170808341001

‘타짜’ 칼부림 조폭 도박판 여성노출 등 선정적 소재들로 들썩

200809170808341001_1.jpg

[뉴스엔 송윤세 기자]

SBS 새 월화드라마 ‘타짜’가 자극적인 소재로 시청자들의 우려를 낳고 있다.

16일 첫 방송된 SBS ‘타짜’(극본 설준석/ 연출 강신효)는 15세 이상 시청가능한 프로그램이라고 하기엔 잔인하고 폭력적인 장면이 화면을 가득 메웠다.

먼저 고니 아버지 명수(안내상 분)는 가게를 얻을 수 없다는 사실을 알고 모자라는 돈을 마련하기 위해 화투판에 뛰어들어 가신을 모두 탕진한 후 사고로 억울한 죽음을 당했다. 도박판에 출연하는 여성들의 필요 이상으로 야한 옷차림이 시청자들을 불편하게 만들었다.

또 고니 부친의 죽음을 대신해 명수의 친구 대호(이기영 분)는 아귀(김갑수 분)의 신체의 일부를 걸고 도박을 벌여 결국 칼로 아귀의 손목을 끊어놨다. 대호가 아귀의 묶여진 손목을 칼로 내리치며 피가 튀기는 장면이 생생하게 묘사돼 온 가족들이 모여 시청하기엔 부적합했다.

주인공 고니(장혁 분) 또한 내기 당구를 치다가 줄곧 싸움에 휩싸이며 쫓고 쫓기는 등 폭력적인 장면이 적나라하게 부각됐다. 그러나 ‘타짜’는 소재 자체가 안방에서 보기 껄끄러운 도박과 폭력을 다루는 까닭에 선정적인 내용에서 벗어나 극전개를 하기엔 힘들어 보인다.

일부 시청자들은 “가족들과 함께 드라마를 보다 선정적인 장면 때문에 민망했다”, “아이들이 보기 쉬운 TV드라마에 폭력적인 장면이 여과없이 방영됐다”며 드라마 ‘타짜’가 온 가족이 모여 저녁에 시청하기에는 무리라는 의견을 제기했다.

송윤세 knaty@newsen.com

기사제보 및 보도자료 newsen@newsen.com

Some people were complaing that they watched the show with their kids and were disappointed that the violent scenes were unfiltered. The scenes they were referring to are scenes such as Goni's dad's death, knife wielding actions by Dae Ho, the bloody scene between A-Gui and Dae Ho.

To this I say ...shouldn't the kids be in bed by that time? And the show is rated 15+...I think a 15 year old can take seeing this kind of violent scene. Heck they probably play video games that are more violent than Tazza :lol:. Seriously though..yeah there are some violent scenes but it wasn't more than any other action movie violence.

thanks for that info :)

so in essence they are actually using Gostop as a means of gambling right?

id love to learn to play those btw..

but looks hard to remember those flowers

if i can only find a deck of those here..

i agree with jill, jang hyuk did good in the comedy aspect in robbers.

so why not. good acting thus far.

http://wiki.galbijim.com/Hwatu

^ i think this will give you more info on the korean style of playing.

they're not too hard to remember. if you look at the link i gave you, you can see how they're grouped for an idea.

Some people were complaing that they watched the show with their kids and were disappointed that the violent scenes were unfiltered. The scenes they were referring to are scenes such as Goni's dad's death, knife wielding actions by Dae Ho, the bloody scene between A-Gui and Dae Ho.

yeah after i watched the first episode, i can't believe they're showing this level of violence on korean prime time. (and there was even one scene in the first episode of the gambling rooms, where one girl grabbed her chest. that was when i was like woah! on regular korean primetime? lol) and then when you posted that, i was like yup i guess there would be complaints.

One thing that really impressed me is the wonderful video work...my hats off to the videographer and the director for shooting such wonderful scenes and great job editing the episode. That shot that chula posted of Adult Goni jumping in to the waters... masterpiece!

i finally finished the other half of episode 1 today...

i too like the cinematography/ camera work. for me the adult Goni jumping into the waters didn't strike me probably because i was predicteding that after he fell into the water, the story was going to go into the flashback mode to Goni's youth, which they did. but i did like the two gangs coming together to go after Goni and his friend (ah... gotta learn characters' names) at the port.

but dude that pool hall scene with Goni and the guy played by Kim Minjun. haha i liked that scene and the camera work. and throw on the busan dialect man. they sounded great talking in the busan dialect.

and :lol: kim gapsu plays the bad guy again in this show.

personally, having seen the movie Tazza (which i enjoyed), i'm glad they're taking a different approach/interpretation to it. does anyone know if the movie or the drama is following the Tazza manhwa more closely?

i finally finished the other half of episode 1 today...

i too like the cinematography/ camera work. for me the adult Goni jumping into the waters didn't strike me probably because i was predicteding that after he fell into the water, the story was going to go into the flashback mode to Goni's youth, which they did. but i did like the two gangs coming together to go after Goni and his friend (ah... gotta learn characters' names) at the port.

but dude that pool hall scene with Goni and the guy played by Kim Minjun. haha i liked that scene and the camera work. and throw on the busan dialect man. they sounded great talking in the busan dialect.

and :lol: kim gapsu plays the bad guy again in this show.

personally, having seen the movie Tazza (which i enjoyed), i'm glad they're taking a different approach/interpretation to it.

Thanks atel for sharing your thought on ep 1.

yep..the chase scene of Goni and KwangYeol, and gangs was hilarious. KwangYeol's line was funny when they were situated between two gangs. "It is Yang Bak!" (in case you are not familiar, it is a term for Go Stop game when a player has to pay two double the score the winner obtains....sort of a double jeopardy situation)

" does anyone know if the movie or the drama is following the Tazza manhwa more closely?"

The Tazza manwha has four series. The movie followed the series 1 and the drama will be mostly based on the series 2. The main characters of the series 2 have different names, but the drama uses the names of the first version as they are more familiar to the public due to the success of the movie. (If i am wrong, someone please correct me.) I am not sure if the drama is following the manhwa more closely, but some people are saying so. Tthe character of Young Min is a new creation for the drama, though.

I guess it would be a late message...Happy Birthday to Ye Seul!!!!! Best wishes.

Archived