►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest cristina0422

Soribada and Mnet illegally distributes K-POP?

◀ANC▶ (Anchor)

K-POP is becoming the new sensation overseas and the number of international consumers purchasing Korean music albums is increasing by the day.

However, sources like Mnet and Soribada have been recently targeted for having illegally distributed Korean music.

◀VCR▶ (Video)

This is regarding the songs of girl group 2NE1.

Thanks to the K-POP / Hallyu wave becoming phenomenally popular overseas, sources like CJ Mnet and Soribada have been able to make a lot of money from distributing K-POP music. But the songwriters, nor the company representatives or even 2NE1 themselves knew about this matter. They had signed a contract agreeing to distribute their music domestically in Korea, but without notice their music was distributed internationally as well.

◀SYN▶ (Audio)

A 2NE1 Music distributor representative stated:

“There was nothing in the contract permitting them to distribute internationally, and therefore makes their actions illegal.”

Sources like iTunes sell digital singles on their website for an average of $1.00 per song, and most of that money goes to whomever owns the copyright to the song, however, sites like Soribada have been selling a collection of songs for what converts to roughly $ 0.06.

◀SYN▶ (Audio)

Overseas User:

“American sites charge about a dollar per song, but Korean sites offer package deals for a fraction of the price…”

The parties in question claim it was a mistake made by one of their employees and that they had signed a new contract, however they have been criticized for inhibiting the further growth of K-POP.

◀SYN▶ (Audio)

The Grand National Party Hannnara member Lee Chul Woo:

“Distributing copyright materials overseas without prior notice is no different from burglary. This is like slapping Hallyu across the face.”

International Music Distributors are getting ready to file a lawsuit against illegal distributors for the profits they made as a result of breaching their contract.

Source & Image: MBC via Naver

Credit:AKP

DANJYON KIMURA K-POP 8bit Arrange

danjyonkimurateam@YT

"2NE1 – Go Away" @ 5:33

cute! LOL @ Dara's palm tree hair

2NE1 will be on Play Smart Music Festival in Daegu later

those who are in korea and can attend you can e-mail PSMF to reserve tickets

9/01 twone10901@ymail.com  

9/02 4min0902@gmail.com

9/03 0903psy@gmail.com

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dragon-rider

Details About 1st Mini Album "Nolza" in Japan

v9nfl.png

Source: Official Japanese Debut Countdown D21

Translated by: Superior Music@YGLadies

Guest pervertednoona

They are really gorgeous.

I want that PANDA shoes so bad..

But I noticed, their skins are having break outs these days.

Not that it makes them less perfect.

I'm just not used to them..lels.

Their schedule is really MAD crazy.

I hope the girls are eating well and resting well every chance that they can.

Guest dragon-rider

Right, they have some skin problems maybe because of the overwhelimg work schedule. Like I always get zits when studying for exams :P

But they are still gorgeous anyway. Bom is just like heaven on earth :wub: . I like them wearing sport outfits.

Music Station is coming. Hope they will do well. Fighting!

Archived