►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest danel

Dear YG,

I love your concept about 2ne1 which represents New Evolution of 21th Century, I love their Fierce and Strong, powerful performance on stage. I love their style, and confident, I noticed that each member has role, like CL - the fierce one, Minzy - the sexy dancer with amazing moves, Dara with crazy outfit and hairstyle and Bom with girly dress, make-up and outfit.

As a fan I want some changes from year 2009 I always saw them like that, which focus on the role that was given to them...

I always saw CL with fierce look and style..... How about the girly type for her, like the outfit, hair and make-up of Bom, I know she can handle that and I know CL is very versatile, I want her to show the girly side of her...

Minzy, she's is young I want her to show her youthful look in a fierce outfit.. She's very pretty, please show the other side of Minzy the cute and pretty Minzy...

Dara, she always have the crazy dress and hairstyle, what about the sexy moves with the sexy dress for her.... And of course the normal hair for a girl...

Bom, she is the most normal in this group, yes normal in terms of make-up, dress and hairstyle which is very girly... So how about changes on her too, since her outfit and hairstyle is normal for a girl, how about crazy hairstyle and outfit or fierce clothes that CL wore on live performances...

New Evolution means changes... They change the Kpop gir group style, and we already saw them in their fierce and crazy look, how about exchange of style,(CL to Bom, Minzy to CL, Dara to Minzy, Bom to Dara) ...I know that they can handle these changes.... They are very versatile, unique and talented girl...

Thanks and God Bless...

i super agree with you!! that is my thought also..they have the same style since 2009 and i get bored sometimes..sorry..but i love them so much!

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dada

@lkmonsanto : I do agree that their individual style revolves around

the same feeling but that is how they are.

For CL case : She is the leader,a fierce and charismatic one when performing onstage.

Even her parts are the most fiercest one out of all the members. That is why the

tend to place a style/fashion wise which is have an aura of fierceness & coldness.

You don't expect her to wear a girly style - like a dress,a blouse,or a skirt & then

sees a fierce,charismatic presence onstage right? It doesn't sync with her personality,

her style while performing.

Even if she does a girly style alike BOMmie,we will end up seeing a fierce version instead.

Simply because girly,sweet isn't her performing style.You know.

For MINZY : As for Minzy,I do agree that they tend to focus on a more matured look on our maknae.

Which is why she looks a little older than her age onstage as compared to off-screen.

The closest cutest,youthful feel I get from her is during 'Don't Stop The Music' & 'Please Don't Go'.

But still,at the end of the day we get to see a sexy feel from her when she starts to dance

onstage.

For DARA : She tend to get the craziest hairstyle out of the four,but it only happens

like twice?(Palm-hair & the latest punk hair) She do gets normal typical girl hairstyles & styles

for other stages like 'IDC','Go away','Clap Your Hands','Can't Nobody',

'Pretty Boy' etc..

I think probably cause people tend to treat her like a cutie unnie,soft & all.So they

wanted to break away that kind of impression & tried to give a more eccentric look to stands out

more since she's neither the leader,nor the main vocalist or the main dancer.

So they need to do something on the visual part.

But of course,I still find that her vocals have a lot of potential in it - it always gives a finishing

touch to their songs with her soft vocals.

For BOMmie: BOMmie do have an oustanding hair colour (the dark red) during 'Can't Nobody' days

right? And her outfit is rather strong-willed and a tinge of fierceness too if you realised.

Yes,I do agree that she has the least changes out out of all the members. But at the

end of the day she tend to give the sweet,Madame feeling when performing onstage.

So probably they wanted to have a girly style being matched to hers?

But you are right on getting a more fiercer style for her or at least change her styles.

Well for many,they might think that New Evolution focuses on how

their styles(outer appearance,like clothes,hairstyles,shoes etc..) are.

But for me,it refers to more of how they deliver their songs onstage with

a more natural mode(like their styles when performing as a performers)

rather than having a particular concept. They wanted to have an evolution

on how people view korean girlgroups - which always revovles around

either cuteness or sexiness most of the time. They are volatiles w/ any genres

given to them,they have distinctive vocals w/ amazing charisma onstage and not

just any pretty girls singing onstage.They wanted to have an evolution on the type of performances

that girlgroups can give to the public.

And to add on,I think it's not really a role that they are given.

But it is really their style when performing onstage. For example

like how Minzy tend to confess that whenever she dance she just ends

up executing it in a sexy,provocative manner. It's their style,their attitude on stage

& definitely not another role they are playing.

It is just my opinion though & a long one at that(Sorry). It's great to hear different opinions

within us fans too ^_^

Today performance @MusicCore was as powerful as the

previous one even w/ heels. :wub: Yet,at some point it feels

a little feminine & sophisticaed than the previous one because

of their outfits this time.

Guest lkmonsanto

@lkmonsanto : I do agree that their individual style revolves around

the same feeling but that is how they are.

For CL case : She is the leader,a fierce and charismatic one when performing onstage.

Even her parts are the most fiercest one out of all the members. That is why the

tend to place a style/fashion wise which is have an aura of fierceness & coldness.

You don't expect her to wear a girly style - like a dress,a blouse,or a skirt & then

sees a fierce,charismatic presence onstage right? It doesn't sync with her personality,

her style while performing.

Even if she does a girly style alike BOMmie,we will end up seeing a fierce version instead.

Simply because girly,sweet isn't her performing style.You know.

For MINZY : As for Minzy,I do agree that they tend to focus on a more matured look on our maknae.

Which is why she looks a little older than her age onstage as compared to off-screen.

The closest cutest,youthful feel I get from her is during 'Don't Stop The Music' & 'Please Don't Go'.

But still,at the end of the day we get to see a sexy feel from her when she starts to dance

onstage.

For DARA : She tend to get the craziest hairstyle out of the four,but it only happens

like twice?(Palm-hair & the latest punk hair) She do gets normal typical girl hairstyles & styles

for other stages like 'IDC','Go away','Clap Your Hands','Can't Nobody',

'Pretty Boy' etc..

I think probably cause people tend to treat her like a cutie unnie,soft & all.So they

wanted to break away that kind of impression & tried to give a more eccentric look to stands out

more since she's neither the leader,nor the main vocalist or the main dancer.

So they need to do something on the visual part.

But of course,I still find that her vocals have a lot of potential in it - it always gives a finishing

touch to their songs with her soft vocals.

For BOMmie: BOMmie do have an oustanding hair colour (the dark red) during 'Can't Nobody' days

right? And her outfit is rather strong-willed and a tinge of fierceness too if you realised.

Yes,I do agree that she has the least changes out out of all the members. But at the

end of the day she tend to give the sweet,Madame feeling when performing onstage.

So probably they wanted to have a girly style being matched to hers?

But you are right on getting a more fiercer style for her or at least change her styles.

Well for many,they might think that New Evolution focuses on how

their styles(outer appearance,like clothes,hairstyles,shoes etc..) are.

But for me,it refers to more of how they deliver their songs onstage with

a more natural mode(like their styles when performing as a performers)

rather than having a particular concept. They wanted to have an evolution

on how people view korean girlgroups - which always revovles around

either cuteness or sexiness most of the time. They are volatiles w/ any genres

given to them,they have distinctive vocals w/ amazing charisma onstage and not

just any pretty girls singing onstage.They wanted to have an evolution on the type of performances

that girlgroups can give to the public.

And to add on,I think it's not really a role that they are given.

But it is really their style when performing onstage. For example

like how Minzy tend to confess that whenever she dance she just ends

up executing it in a sexy,provocative manner. It's their style,their attitude on stage

& definitely not another role they are playing.

It is just my opinion though & a long one at that(Sorry). It's great to hear different opinions

within us fans too ^_^

Today performance @MusicCore was as powerful as the

previous one even w/ heels. :wub: Yet,at some point it feels

a little feminine & sophisticaed than the previous one because

of their outfits this time.

I do agree with you. That's how they are, and I think that's their personality too...

Maybe I just want to see CL Dara and Minzy in Bom's outfit... If that happen I'm sure that the girls will be in No. 1 search on nate...

And the fans will go crazy in comment section in every site or blog...

Guest oh`retro

The girls were flawless today! I like it when all of their hair are just normal because they've got natural swag and fierceness. They don't need crazy hair and outfits to show that. Bom was AMAZING today. She looked so gorgeous, her singing was great and her dancing was on point. And I loved her hair flip during the beginning, she knows how to work her hair.

Omg, their concert looks freakin' amazing! It's going to be so epic. I would do anything to go. Whyyy don't I live in Korea? And man, that is the coolest stage/seating design I've ever seen. I love how the center has each shape from the suit of cards. Awesome.

Oh and Bom sounded awesome in GD & PMS' song. GD & Bom in a song can never go wrong.

Guest danger_girl

i agree with both points most specially with dada. though i also wonder like lkmonsanto if i'll ever see CL in a mini skirt.  But maybe, we just need to let them be. i sometimes get fed up seeing bom in skirt while the rest is wearing pants but i'm thinking since she has killer legs, why not flaunt it? And Dara's hairstyle.. i don't like it some time but she always makes it to the headlines.. i think that's 1 reason why she's part of the group.. like YG said, she's the seasoning that adds flavor to the group. 

i also think that 2ne1 and YG are focusing on music and not really their looks so i think it doesn't bother them if they don't get admired because of their cuteness/sexiness like other girl groups but to be respected as a musician. :)

Guest dragon-rider

I love 2NE1's current roles for each members. But I will be OK if they occasionally change their concept sometimes. I remember how I went crazy when I saw CL in Jeremy Scott's long hanger dress in Style Icon Awards. It amazed me mainly because it was strange, the first time we could see CL in a long elegant dress. So, I think if they change their concept sometimes, it will be good because it creates something unsual. But I don't want them to change too often because the current roles definitely suit them the best.

The one that I think will change the most as time goes by is Minzy. She is still very young now. Maybe as she growing up day by day, her thought will change, her personality will be different too. But for Dara, Bom and CL, I think they will be 90% the same as this moment even in the next 5 years.

Guest cristina0422

2NE1 appears on WWE wrestling show?

by kimchisteve@AKP

Blackjacks have been very surprised from a recent finding of their favorite singers – at a place where they least expected.

On July 1st, the 619th WWE Friday Night Smackdown was held at Phoenix, Arizona and as always, big wrestlers in tight pants were featured in the ring. So what exactly does this have to do with our very own girl group sensation, 2NE1?

Well, some eagle eyed fans spotted several banners of the 2NE1 members in the audience during the airing of the show. This was a literal shock as K-pop girl groups have nothing to do with wrestling and 2NE1 basically had free air time on American television.

Despite the vast differences between the two, one thing’s for sure… both entities surely know how to bring the Smackdown. For those who need more evidence, check out the video below (CL’s banner shown at 3:46, Minzy’s banner shown at 7:17 and 9:49).

Have you spot them? Here's my screencaps...

picture3hm.png

picture8qv.png

picture7tp.png

posted?

2NE1's I Am The Best MV – YouTube (worldwide page)

2ne1youtube.jpg

credit:YG-LIFE

[PIC] Stalker Pics of 2NE1

tumblrlnpw0hannq1qbjszo.jpg

tumblrlnpw1qkjpi1qbjszo.jpg

tumblrlnpw2ozcbg1qbjszo.jpg

tumblrlnpw8ofesv1qbjszo.jpg

credit: to-anyone.tumblr.com

Guest sjaikb

YG launches 2NE1 “I Am The Best” Dance Cover Contest

2NE1 launches a dance cover contest for their latest song, “I Am The Best“, addressing fans all over the world.

The dance cover contest will be held from July 8th to August 5th and through this, 2NE1 is planning on sharing their music and dance with fans from all over. This isn’t the first time 2NE1 has launched a global contest; last month, after releasing “Lonely“, 2NE1 also held a global cover contest. In response, thousands of fans world wide uploaded their version of the song. The final 40 contestants are currently involved in a voting contest through facebook.

While the contest for “Lonely” was focused on only the song, the “I Am The Best” contest is adding the choreography part of the song and as a result brought much excitement and is highly anticipated to gather content-filled videos.

The choreography for “I Am The Best” accompanies its overly-confident lyrics; ‘the conceited-dance’, the showy performance attire with backdancers, and choreography emphasizing each member’s personality created a big buzz as soon as it went on air.

The distinctive groove that only 2NE1 seems to be able to showcase increased interest in dancers from all over and was chosen to be one of the top choreography routines that they want to emulate.

Since it is difficult to see the full choreography of the song through performances or the music video, YG Entertainment posted a video on their official blog (www.yg-life.com) of 2NE1’s uncut version video filmed by president Yang Hyun Suk himself. Officials of YG Entertainment said, “It’s okay to copy the choreography but we’re also expecting to see unique interpretations of it as well. We hope that many people will enter this contest.”

In this contest, after watching 2NE1’s version of the choreography, the contestant must film and update their own video and achieve support. 2NE1 and the actual choreographers will be the judge in choosing 1st to 4th place, a total of 21 teams, and they will be prized with 2NE1’s concert tickets, Adidas Originals merchandises, and 2NE1’s actual stage attires.

Meanwhile, “I Am The Best” is receiving love and support from domestic music charts as well as Youtube and iTunes.

source: Nate

credit: allkpop

Guest dada

I was totally not expecting to have some kind of guerilla support for the girls in a wrestling show. :wacko:

That fan definitely wanted to show how

much he/she love the girls and probably wanted

2NE1 to show some love for the fans in that country too.

Oh & I cannot today's performance on INKIGAYO

aside than them being among the contenders

for the mutizen award this week.

I wonder what kind of look will they go for today? Whether

will they alter some of the dance moves again?

:lol: I'm just crazily curious like this

Guest cristina0422

^ Not yet. Hehehe. :D

Sigh. My internet connection haven't recover yet with so much lagging earlier.

110703 Inkigayo 2NE1 - I Am The Best

credit:CrazyCarrot370@YT

Blackjacks are a bit upset with 2NE1 not winning today, eh? Don't be too worked up. Take note that Inkigayo is a week behind from all the music show charts. And I Am The Best was just released a week ago. The other song was release 2 weeks or so. And 2NE1 we're competing against groups with album sales and with bigger fanbase as well. We don't expect 2NE1 to get the awards that easily. Other fandoms are working their part too as a fan. There are other criteria which Inkigayo based the winner too not only digital sales. 2NE1 are doing their best to give Blackjacks their best performance, so we have to be proud of them. And as a fan we should do our best too. In the first place, YG Sajangnim said that they are not after the awards. Ofcourse it will be nice if they won right? But if award is their priority they won't dare to go on with this kind of marketing strategy. It will be tough to compete with a digital single only. They even "ditched" other music shows that gives awards. Cheer up Blackjacks! :wub:

Guest dada

First it was the punk style,then the sophisticated/feminine

& now the disco/plastic concept.

And despite the concept they carry out a full-blast powerful& swagg'in performance for us.

Even some of the dance moves goes

through minor changes. I love how Minzy's solo dance

for her first verse differs for all three performances &

how DARA's fidling of her hairstyle changes too according

to the type of hairstyles she's spotting on that particular stage.

Some of us may feel a little down cause of today's results.

But think about it - we get to see the girls performances,

& they put so much thought in every performances that we get

to see a different style & feel in each of their performances while

they are enjoying themselves onstage with us fans cheering them on.

Secondly,they still have chances for a mtutizen award & it's too early to judge.

Cheer up,fellow BLACKJACKS!! ^_^

So.."Is everybody ready to rock with the best?"

Guest Zelle

i personally dont mind Dara's outfits at all because i get to see her dress differently with her other projects like Etude commercial and feat in I Need A Girl. plus she also wears a dress in a stage like during the MTV Daum awards and Melon awards in 2009i think. i love all the experimenting on Dara and see how she carries herself differently all the time. as for Minzy and CL, well, i dont necessarily want them to dress up something as short as Bom's. esp if Minzy is going to do her solo choreos. lol. maybe they could do away with the jackets and blazers coz the 2 of them are really mostly wrapped up everytime. I know they would look gorgeous in a dress. im sure of it. however, it doesnt matter. they carry their outfits with swag. well, maybe sometimes it makes Minzy look mature. that's my concern sometimes. as for Bom, she bores me with same super short dress + kitten heels. however she looked really good yesterday at Music Core.

i really want to download yesterday and today's perf. anyone has it? TYIA!

Guest kaypie

I'm happy as long as they deliver the best stages.

Frankly, I didn't feel bad when they lost knowing how

broadcast and album sales matter in these shows.

Dara got her groove back, I wanna pinch her cheeks.

LOL at Jay Park. He and Alex are battling it

out as the ultimate 2ne1 celeb fanboy.

I really want a collab between him and the girls.

Guest izzie7

How can anyone be bored with bom's legs???:) I love her dresses the only one I can think of right now that I hate is the one she wore at Mama a few years back.. Oh and the one she wore on MTV when she was a little chubby hehe I like how cl and minji usually dress they look very cool but I do agree that they should do away with those jackets sometimes, cl has nice arms :)

Archived