Guest elavip

2NE1 @ YT uploaded 2NE1tv in hd

2NE1_tv_SEASON2_E04-1

2NE1_tv_SEASON2_E04-2

at KBS concert, minkki with extensions xD

101005concert5.jpg

101005concert6.jpg

credit: 내민지 @ DC2NE1

i dont know if i liked that beyonce cover :( it was a little shaky, and too mellow kind of song imo. minzy did great though. my poor bb dara, she really needs to work on projecting her voice, i want to hear youu :/

Thanks for all the links and pic

they sound amazing

and look just the same

-----------

Shinees KEY imitating CL

My link

credit tudou + uploader

thanks to mirandamanda @ SDK

Guest la.la.la.la.la.la.la.

JUST FINISHED LISTENING TO THEIR RADIO GUESTING.

BROKEN-HEARTED GIRL - MINJI KILLED IT! AHAHAHA.. THIS GIRL I WOULD SAY IS THE MOST TALENTED GIRL I KNOW! AND SHE'S SO HUMBLE TOO! THIS SONG SUITS HER VOICE THE MOST. DARA AND CL WERE STRUGGLING WITH THE VERSE PART OF THE SONG BECAUSE THE KEY IS TOO LOW FOR THEIR VOICE ESPECIALLY DARA'S. I WAS ALSO NERVOUS FOR CL'S VOICE BECAUSE ON SOME PARTS HER VOICE SOUNDED LIKE IT WOULD CRACK ANYTIME. THE GIRL MUST BE TIRED. HER VOICE SOUNDED TIRED. BOM DID GREAT TOO AND IM SURE SHE ENJOYED THE SONG BECAUSE SHE LIKES BEYONCE. OVERALL THE GIRLS DID REALLY EXCELLENT WITH THE SONG. THEY OWNED IT AND DIDNT SOUND LIKE THEY WERE TRYING TO BE LIKE BEYONCE. AND YOU CAN FEEL THE EMOTION OF THE SONG WITH THEIR SINGING. HECK! I STILL GET GOOSEBUMPS EVEN AFTER LISTENING TO THE SONG FOR THE 4TH TIME! THAT'S HOW GREAT THEY DID WITH THE SONG. HOPE TO HEAR THIS TYPE OF SONGS FROM THEM IN THE FUTURE.

CANT' NOBODY AND GO AWAY - GOOD TO SEE THE UNNIES ENJOYING THEIR PERFORMANCE. AAHAHA... THEY WERE SO FUNNY.

Guest NV4ever

just listened to the girls cover of "broken hearted girl" and OMG it was....WOW!

The girls didnt do a good job, it was PHENOMENAL! soo good tat i got chills when listening to it!

Dara has really improved ALOT! probs to her for always striving forward ^^

this was a tough song, but the girls sang it like it was made for them! this will definitely go into my ipod kakaka

Bommie's heavenly voice is shining through out the song, her vocals was made for these type of song.

and the magnaes simply KILLED IT! i swear MInzy's voice here stunned me, she was really into the song full of emotion and very mature sound! Leader's vocals can suits any song, she has just made me fall in love with her more :lol: jk but wow, the magnaes were AMAZING! CL english is soo fluid, she nailed the song ^^ I want an mp3 of this!!

The girls should have songs like this in their english album ^o^

Guest tazanya

I know its been said, but MINZY whoa, her voice has such depth and completeness.  She sings so well in English, can I seriously just kidnap her, put her in a gilded cage and force her to sing for me all day long.  OK maybe I would go to prison, but it would so be worth it.  and just because I am in a baby Min coma of wonderment, my cap from Ep 4

21tvggg4566.png

@yushinoya, no worries. no big deal. someone just misinterpreted it, so that's ok.

@taz, ah~ please don't stop supporting this thread. your posts are greatly appreciated here in this thread. So don't stop sharing some 2NE1 goodies. You know when YGL and YGS merged? I'm the one who post in YGL to include 2NE1 soompi thread to the mobilization. To help lost BlackJacks to know 2NE1 better. Inputs of people who know 2NE1 from the start will be a great help to introduce them to our baby BlackJacks. Spread 2NE1 LOVE, arasso?

Anyway, isn't JPOP Asia is just some random asian blog like Allkpop?

I usually just go away for a day or two, I love 2ne1 blackjacks and for that matter this thread too much to leave :) forever

Oh and THANK YOU SO MUCH for letting me know about the jpopasia thing.  I  had no idea. it was a a blog and not a legit award.  I checked the vietnam one, but didn't double check the jpopasia one, so sorry.

and hmmm, m gonna be a "mama bear" and say that Dara doesnt get sick often/easily. i was even very surprised with what happened. as she said herself it was probably a result of dehydration, or perhaps just coz it was her first loooong trip, and she hates flying. but Dara had had much busier schedule back here in the Phils. right now, this is still not close to how much work she did back then. just saying ^^ dont hate on her and my fellow Dara fans. just a lil info i feel like sharing. k?

thanks for the insight, not really familiar with pre-2ne1 dara, I keep hearing mixed reports about her health.  I want all of our girls to stay healthy and strong, they have many more months (/optimist blackjack lol) of promotions left .  As for the mama bear, I am a mama bear for Minzy and YGL so its ok.  k k k 

Oopss, I posted that rumor thinking it will be more interesting to discuss than going at each other's throat and it backfired. My bad, it was against the rule. I deleted the post. 

I don't go to a million kpop sites, for 2ne1 I stick to the ygl or here so I appreciate that if there is something major out there, even if its a rumor we can discuss it rationally.  You made it CLEAR in your post that it was a rumor.  While yes I think unsubstantiated rumors are bad for the thread, the fact that there were pictures and some details made the topic I think a valid one for the thread.  Whether we like it or not, For any group, guy or girl, but seems like especially girl groups, the discussion of longevity and what will happen in the future is important.  I am glad you posted, that way if the rumor is shown to be true I will be shocked and overwhelmed but at least not totally knocked over the head.  

Anyhoo at least for the time being 2ne1 will be a fiercesome foursome of marvelously gorgeous and talented goddesses of charisma.

Even though, they didn't include any of the fans on this ep of 21tv it was still cool to see the YGL cupcakes and all the wonderful fun times they had in LA.  Ha ha Will I Am eating kimchi was too cute. [Special Taz warning, I really really can't sing, even though I went to a Southern Baptist church as a child I was never asked or volunteered to be in the choir, I know my limits. Though I am a chubby black girl, I really am nearly tone deaf lol.  So just a warning if they ever show the clip of me singing TTFM.. it was bad, really really bad]

The fabulous Belle had posted some great articles, this one should put a smile on blackjacks' faces . (putting in spoiler tags since its kinda long)

v5zeix.png

BEHIND THE SUCCESS OF YG'S GROUP, 2NE1

ta_1286247663_-552296884_0.jpg

If you know what a blockbuster in the music industry is, then you know 2NE1. They took a risk with promoting three title songs for their comeback at the same time, releasing three music videos, doing different music activities with their three songs on stage, and yet they have done it. On September 20, on Mnet's M! Countdown, they performed Clap Your Hands, showing a unique performance by recording two separate and different stages, then both were edited and merged together, breaking the boundaries of music programs and showing two concepts of their music video. Although the abilities of the crew of the said music program was needed to complete the stage, but it was really YG Entertainment (YGE)'s focus on the girls, that managed to make 2NE1 stage in music programs to higher heights. Thinking of creating a good concept is hard work. YG showed its company's strength by breaking rules of the game they know so well, and yet making 2NE1's activities a success. Even though their songs were released along with their comeback announcement last September 9, 2NE1's two songs, "Go Away" and "Can't Nobody" are still holding strong, ranking in 2nd and 3rd place in Melon Chart.

2NE1 has a new, fresh concept, that changed their appeal from their debut look when they were dressed in street punk fashion. With their debut hit, "Fire" the girls were dressed in fierce, funky fashion. 2NE1's music, even then, was made of variety, with a strong influence in hip-hop, not really made for mainstream music, but they still made it work to their advantage, emphasizing their uniqueness. 2NE1's "I Don't Care" combined pop with reggae rhythm, producing a neat melody and a song that stayed popular throughout the whole of last year.  2NE1's popularity has gone beyond their music, with their success in the market as well.

2NE1's Comeback Songs and Music Videos

ta_1286247664_-551834011_1.jpg

2NE1's three title tracks showed a diverse and unique side of the girls. "Can't Nobody" and "Go Away" showed more of pop and hip-hop while "Clap Your Hands" have a strong drum beat. The rhythms of all three songs are catchy, and provided a lot of new flavor. "Can't Nobody" presented a remix of different elements, with Park Bom and Sandara Park singing the chorus, one after the other, making the words "Can't Nobody" addicting. In all their songs, Park Bom showed strong vocals, matching the autotune on the vocals of the other three members, while minimizing the autototune on hers. Autotune played a big part in "Go Away," starting at the beginning with leader, CL's part. In this song's chorus, they upped the ante of "Can't Nobody"'s chorus by adding a rock guitar vibe. "Can't Nobody" is a song with many hooks and different melody, while "Go Away" and its melody provides an exciting and dynamic package. While these two songs were produced and composed by YG producer and 1TYM leader, Teddy, "Clap Your Hands" was produced by e.knock, also known as Kush. This song is different from all traditional songs with its different beat and strong rhythm. 

At this point, with these three very different songs, came three gorgeous music videos, all destined to be blockbusters. With "Can't Nobody" and it's strong rhythm, "Go Away" with its familiar melody, and "Clap Your Hands" with its strong hip-hop rhythm, they all gave exciting elements to music, especially with the bus ads that YGE had set up. While the public is already familiar with their songs, they now looked forward to 2NE1's Music Videos with anticipation. With three songs active at the same time, 2NE1's fans eagerly awaited their live comebacks too. Like Big Bang's "Lie" and "Sunset Glow" these three songs made by YG's 2NE1 is sure to pass down to different generations, because they hold something that each generation could relate to.

2NE1's Focus On Their Vocals

ta_1286247664_-551449083_2.jpg

It cannot be denied that in this industry, it still all boils down to quality music. What was surprising is how all of 2NE1's songs in this album made the listeners feel no regrets. All the three songs were good, but the other songs in the album could do well if promoted also, because they give off a fresh, and new approach. While some may be bothered because none of their songs are what is commonly heard, its uniqueness is what make them work out, instead of being a problem. YG gave a push in making unusual but daring marketing strategies.

In an area of hit singles and blockbusters, 2NE1 gives off a different feel. Three song titles and three music videos, seems not to tire these girls out because they still give the best live stages. Great beats, wonderful melodies, and a unique marketing plan. All made 2NE1 dominate the music scene.

In the past few years, the music industry became monotonous, with nothing new coming out. Then 2NE1 came and changed the game. And the time has come for them to make the music industry evolve to something better.

Nate.com

Source:

Translated by knucklepink @ygladies.com

Guest tazanya

^^ were you referring to the fans that spotted them in LA? They showed some...

Yeah for some reason in this episode they started mixing trips, because the fan photos are from the April trip to LA but the Universal Studies is from the June LA trip.  I am referring to the June trip where blackjacks were able to meet the girls at their hotel and get autographs and stuff.  But all 2ne1 fan interactions are cool to see

Guest NV4ever

I LOVE TAT ARTICLE~! IS THE WRITER A FAN?? LOL BUT I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SAID ON THE ARTICLE!

SO TRUE TO THEIR NAME~~ 21ST CENTURY EVOLUTION!! 2NE1 IS WHAT KPOP NEED HAHAHA ^o^

TOMORROW IS MCD~~I REALLY WANT THEM TO WIN BUT I KNOW IT'S QUITE SLIM, BUT IM STILL PRAYING FOR THEM TO WIN!

AND AT MUBANK AND INKIGAYO TOO! 2NE1 FTW1~!!!! ALL THE BEST OF LUCK GIRLS ^^

Guest oh`retro

I'm watching 2NE1 TV Episode 3, but is this link working?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf1s8q_royalaces-yg-tv-s2-ep3-2-3-eng_shortfilms#from=embed

The other episodes on the site all worked before, but Episode 3 just won't load, no idea why.

Anyone know another link I can watch it at?

Will.I.Am's studio is sick & man, Teddy is so freakin' hot, especially speaking English.

The girls were really cute as well.

Guest pumcake

OMG at the fancam for Fire. The crowd went wild went it was Dara's turn! Hahahaha. And of course, as well as the other members. It just proves that Fire is still the most favorited song of 2NE1. :D

Archived