►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest CLWIFE

Actually i am one of the people who is very happy that will is working with 2ne1, since i love every single song of BEP, and they are the best of the best to me, and please please lets just enjoy the music why over analize and give speculations when we heard nothing yet, there is already complaints in this thread and the girls didnt even comeback yet, im wondering what will happen on the 9th of september here lol, we all know that 2ne1 CAN SING we all know they are talented we all know They can dance, so autotune or not it doesnt matter, plus do not forget that they will be promoting 3 SONGS, 2 of them are catchy and the other one probably is a ballad, and so far we havent been disappointed with anything related to 2ne1 music, have we?????????? anyways we blackjacks are the most harsh people on 2ne1, i think we critisize them more than other fans or antis do....which is a good thing but sometimes its bad very bad....

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tazanya

Damn you scarletletter for making me cry at work. /shutting my office door.

Some of what you said hit home.  for the last YEAR 12months over 365 days we have all been waiting for this news like junkies.

Nothing will be perfect, nothing.. we are all human and imperfect.  But we know , we trust that YG will put every 10000% of his energy, time, money, support, into giving the girls an awesome comeback.  Be prepared though, it won't satisfy everyone.  Their rookie year did not satisfy everyone, remember.  ALso YG told us way back in jan/feb that this album would be a minialbum with the full album coming later.  there are six songs plus two bonus which i think will be the english versions.  NOT BAD imo.

As a fan, as a blackjack I will support them because I KNOW that every time they step on a stage they are putting their best effort not for the haters, or the casual listeners:

NO they are pwning for us, for those that stood by them for the last year patiently waiting, grasping to every me2day nugget, missing them oh so much.  They KILL the stage so we can sit in pride and awe watching them do what they love, as we do what we love (watch them perform great songs.)

This comeback as much as its for them to move forward on their international aspirations as it is a thank you to the fans that waited for them, and will wait.   I choose to see this album as a thank you for we blackjacks who love the girls so much.

/love fest over.

Thoughts on Will.I.Am

Another older fan here, as scarlet said, autotune is unfortunately here to stay for the foreseeable future. Those thinking there won't be autotune on this album, please readjust your expectations so you won't be disappointed.  Will himself has lamented at the "single" nature of today's music market.  The idea that consumers are taking their music a la carte rather than getting the whole album and enjoying even the non radio hits.

Several of you mentioned boom boom pow, yeah that was definitely the album's hype builder the club banger.  But the album also has really touching love odes "missing you (no autotone)", cultural commentary with a vibrant piano and carribean drums background "One Tribe (nearly no autotone) and even a folksy NON-Autotuned song "Now Generation".  So yeah the songs that were the "hits" may have not been to your liking but the thing I love about BEP is that they are always mixing it up and keeping it fresh.  Oh and yeah Fergie gets a bad rap, girl can seriously BLOW like off the charts singing talent.

Actually I am more excited about what "tips" they got from BEP I have attended seven bep concerts over the years and they never ever ever cease to amaze me whether in a small festival stage, a House of blues style intimate concert or a huge arena's I hope and pray that 2nE1 picked up some touring and concert performance techniques from will and bep as well.  Seriously if you ever have a chance

to attend a BEP concert,,, do it, you will NEVER regret.

Protecting the Girls

Regardless of when the US promotions happen, we blackjacks need to be vigilant.  The western media will get facts wrong, overstate things, understate things.  Just like k-blackjacks protect our girls in Korea, We need to be that shield for the girls in American and the West.  Those of you who follow other fandoms Jaywalkers/Wonderfuls, know what I am talking about.  Some of the articles will be insentive and it will be up to us to force encourage them to print correct information.

Also let's try not to be too offended if media outlets get facts wrong, remember they have not lived and breathed all things 2ne1 for the last year and a half lol.

Blackjacks NOLJA.

2NE1's TIME IS NOW!

Guest MidnightByul

I have a question.

Does any of the girls INT'L fansites like YGL have any connections with the girls Korean fansites?

Because, I think it'd be good if we did. So we'd get more insight on what's going over there...we'd be able to collab with kblackjacks on a lot concerning the girls.

So, like do we/they?

Guest thesassygirl2

I thought they can all speak English fluently.. but the important thing is 2ne1 is coming back. :D

nope.. only CL and Bom are the closest to being fluent. Sandara is not fluent. She understands more than she speaks though. Minji also does not speak English

Guest thesassygirl2

OMGGGGGGGGGG I'M SO EXCITED!

i LOVE will.i.am. i know people are worrying about the overuse of autotune, but it's minimized during live performances, so i can live w/ it. besides, will.i.am is an AMAZING producer. he's my fav next to teddy <3

I'm so excited for our girls to be debuting in japan AND the US. they're gonna rock, i just know it. they'll be the first korean group to really leave a mark in the US industry.

The excitement is killing me, I can't wait! I have reservations about them expanding to the US and Japan, though. I feel like it's too soon and I'd prefer if they wait a little and firmly establish themselves in Korea first. Targeting 3 countries at the same time sounds too ambitious. :wacko: Also, we all know the US market is so tough to break into but I guess they're just testing the waters. Oh well I'm just happy that we'll be getting English songs. :w00t:

nope.. only CL and Bom are the closest to being fluent.  Sandara is not fluent. She understands more than she speaks though.  Minji also does not speak English

I've seen videos and Dara is pretty much fluent and can definitely keep up an English conversation because aside from Tagalog, she learned English from around 5th grade. Maybe you just get that impression because she has a heavy Philippine accent. CL is obviously fluent. Bom, I can't tell because I've never witnessed her having a full-on English conversation; I've only seen her speak a few short sentences.

Guest toozdae08

ON WILL.I.AM

People are worried about him bringing crappy lyrics/songs to 2NE1. However, Will.I.Am has been producing music since forever and knows the US market really well. HE KNOWS WHAT SELLS -like I said I found a lot of the hit songs on the last BEP's album crap (and most of my friends agreed with me) doesn't change the fact that we loved it. Hidden in the actual album itself are very meaningful songs. If you want to catch the general publics attention you give them something catchy - take Lady Gaga for instance. Her shot to fame was Just Dance, not a very deep song. I want the girls to have a successful US debut if they go that route, I don't want what happened to Se7en to happen to them. Haters are lying in wait to say 'I told you so, they can't make it".

Will.I.Am knows whats in, what's current. I'm hoping he does the girls like he did Fergie, comes out with a stupid infectious song like Fergilicious/London Bridge (crap but I was loving it) and then pulls out the nice soulful Big Girls Dont Cry to prove their talent.

Guest pyrolicious

I'm still spazzing over the news...cant get over it. I marked my calender!

I'm so impressed YG got Will.I.Am to produce for the girls. I'm sure he has produced some awesome, catchy songs. Like toozdae08 said he knows whats in and what would grab peoples attention.

I really hope they succeed here. Coming to the US isn't easy, so I'll be proud either way.

So excited to see CL, Bom, Minzi and Dara performing again, its been awhile =D

*SPAZZ MODE*

I am so excited for 2NE1's comeback! It has certainly been too long, since their last promotion.

and I am so psyched hearing about an American debut for the girls!

They already made 10 songs with Will.I.Am! 10 Songs! gah!

I hope they have a world tour! lol.

YG is so OSM! :D

Guest blackjackVip

I personally don't know Will.I.Am (lol), but i'm ofcourse familiar with BEP :)

I was amazed though....

HOw could he produced 10 songs in just a span of 3WEEKS?!

ooohh.gif

so cool.

September will be awesome!

2NE1 overdose makes me...

smirku.gif

thanks YG!

12675087252010030214470.gif

Guest mevidalady

let me just correct those who've said that dara isn't fluent in english..i have heard her before and she definitely can talk straight english though her voice is a little bit low but she can speak fluently and can pronounce the words pretty well. bom can speak english but the problem is her pronounciation but am sure it can be corrected. the girls will surely rock the music scene comes sept 9. autotune or not i will still support and love them.NO QUESTIONS.

Guest NV4ever

man i wonder how i can handle it on Sept.9~~ 3 title songs and MVs release in one day!! i think YG website is gonna crash b/c of too much traffic hahaha

im not too worry about Will.I.Am as their producer b/c Teddy is there too, and they've taken for like one year to prepare for this comeback so it's most definitely not rush...im trusting YG and 2NE1, they're always delivers so im expect nothing less than spectacular for this comeback!

im just a little concerned about YG's thinking of promoting all 3 title songs simultaneously, how is it gonna work

on the charts?? as much as i want the girls to show off their diverse styles and skills i also want them to win alot of awards too~~ i know not only fans but general public have high expectations of them they have alot of pressure to prove even more of themselves after being gone for 1 year. Im excited for their comeback but worries as well, i want nothing but the BEST for my girls!!! dedicated fandom sure is tough :lol:

2NE1 FIGHTING! BLACKJACKS NOLJA~!

Complete schedule!

1282026407_201008171527518682221501_0-jpg.png

7일 2NE1 TV 첫방

9일 엠카 컴백

11일 음악중심 컴백

12일 한류드림 콘서트 / 2NE1 TV 첫방(재방 2회)

14일 2NE1 TV

16일 엠카

17일 뮤직뱅크

18일 음악중심

19일 인기가요 / 2NE1 TV (재방 2회)

(22일 추석특집으로 한류드림콘 방송은 레알임)

Rough translation:

September 7- 2ne1tv Season 2

September 9- 2ne1′s comeback

September 11- Something in music show; I think Music Core

September 12- Wave Dream Concert / 2NE1 TV (revisited 2)

September 14- 2NE1 TV

September 16- M! Countdown

September 17- Music Bank

September 18- Music center; I think Music Core

September 19- Inkigayo / 2NE1 TV (revisited 2)

cr: Letsplay2ne1

2ne1's album under TOP Hip Hop/Rap Albums in Itunes is #8 in Japan!

08170830.jpg

2ne1′s first mini album “2ne1″ marked as one of the TOP Hip Hop/Rap Albums in Itunes 8 Japan during August 17-August 30.

cr: Letsplay2ne1

Archived