Monash University Students!

Guest AsOne

Guest debborah

gahh i hate my exam timetable, i have 4 squished into 7 days >_< does anyone notice the exam seats are really low?

anyone got exams tommorow?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUPERd.

^lol

joke as in easy joke right ?

i had no idea what the three aspects of net working capital management was T__T

Guest Qween-M-

I'm doing a double major in PR and Journalism (BA)

2nd year or 1st year if you'd like.. Somewhere in between, think my course is going to end up being 4 not three years.

My home campus is Caulfield but I end up going to Clayton to study because I closer to that campus..

AND I SEE ANNE YOU STARTED THIS TOPIC! HAHA

Well hello everyone :)

Guest j'anne<3

omg omg omg i hab PSY tuesday and BIO wednesday,, i forget the numbers after LOL

but yerhh oh boy i've neer even been to the place of the exams LOL.

oh n [AND I SEE ANNE YOU STARTED THIS TOPIC! HAHA]

was that refering to me? LOL

<3

Guest justlooking

hey anne .. im planning to study bussiness informations system .. and i jsut want to ask u how u find this course? and is it hard ?? haha and do u need to be really good at maths... and are the lectures and the teachers very helpful? thanks alot! and hows the enviroment of the clayton campus

Guest AsOne

I'm doing a double major in PR and Journalism (BA)

2nd year or 1st year if you'd like.. Somewhere in between, think my course is going to end up being 4 not three years.

My home campus is Caulfield but I end up going to Clayton to study because I closer to that campus..

AND I SEE ANNE YOU STARTED THIS TOPIC! HAHA

Well hello everyone :)

LOL! Miriam? haha

hey anne .. im planning to study bussiness informations system .. and i jsut want to ask u how u find this course? and is it hard ?? haha and do u need to be really good at maths... and are the lectures and the teachers very helpful? thanks alot! and hows the enviroment of the clayton campus

Hey justlooking! yeah BIS is filled with statistics and such but don't let that discourage you from getting into it. If your doing like maths methods then you'll be fine in this subject. The maths is much easier than methods. If you like business and I.T then this is a great course structure to do. It is quite smooth sailing in terms of the workload. For the teachers, once your out in uni land your on your own. The teachers will only help you in your tutorials. So if you need more help, its' your responsibility to get on their nerves and email the crap out of them haha!

Other than that, i'm quite happy with this course. Good people (you make tonnes of friends if your open to people), helpful tutors and lecturers are not bad! Hope that gave you an insight into my world lol!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest justlooking

hey thanks for ur reply :)

Do u know where i can buy affordable text books ? or some book store where i can get a good deal?

Also do u kno if consession cards are available for international students?

Thanks gain!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AsOne

hey thanks for ur reply :)

Do u know where i can buy affordable text books ? or some book store where i can get a good deal?

Also do u kno if consession cards are available for international students?

Thanks gain!

Hi justlooking, about books for uni no matter what, they are going to be super expensive. Each book would cost at least $100 each. There is a forum on MUSO (It's a monash university portal where you access your emails and such) that is called Monash Market. Monash Market provides students a place to advertise their second hand books. This is where I purchase my books however, the bad thing might be that after 1 semester a new Edition of the same book might be released so it might be hard to find.

What I mean by this is that, say students were studying Psychology Edition 1. People decide to sell this on Monash Market however, your lecturer decides to use Psychology Edition 2 - so you just have to be careful and check carefully what editions you purchase. Most likely, you would have to purchase the new book OR rely on the lecture notes to get you through the semester. Another way is to borrow books from the library but you have limited time on borrowing these books due to great demand.

In my opinion just before you purchase your books, go through the first week using your lecture notes. If this is enough then don't worry about buying books. Although most of the notes are summary, if you want more information then yeah buy it. To answer your question about whether international students can purchase books with concession cards, I don't think so.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps!

Guest Lynni3z

does anyone happen to by anychance looking for 1st Year Chemistry (CHM1011 & CHM1022) textbook? i'm planning to sell mine, and we can negotiate about the prices and stuff :)

hey guys...sorry to butt in..

but which store sells the best coffee at clayton campus?

i thought la cinque (??) at building 75 is pretty good.

any suggestions?

the refurbished place near meeting point seems busy all the time.

Go to the Den! Coffee there is the best on the campus. Don't get coffee from the super old guy or young loud girl. There's this guy in the leather jacket who makes the coffee there.

Little random, but, I came to the open day at the Clatyon campus last week. :)

did you like it?

yeh i pretty sure the building 75 cafe has the 'cinque' word in the name but everyone seems to only call it the building 75 or science strip place.

anyway, i had some pretty bad coffee at the den before

@ AsOne whos the guy in the leather jacket? i can only remember the blonde girl and two guys, one of the guys have a goatee?

about the books - people post up notices everywhere & monash marketplace is the place to be =]

funny i've probably walked past u guys in real life but never said hi

Hey kathoz - I think it's because I go get my coffee in the mornings at 7:30am he still has his leather jacket on haha. But his usually the main guy who makes the coffee. There's an older male guy that works there, I'd avoid him. He usually wears a shirt. AVOID the blonde girl!! The coffee she makes is so bad.

I reakon we should have a soompi meet up haha.

Guest bishie_bashie

^ my friend has been saying building 75 has the nicest mocha XD

wowow. seems everyone agrees about that building 75 coffee XD

Guest deadytwo

does anyone need to buy first year stats or economics textbooks? cos like....yeah i still have mine from last year. theyre pretty much brand new cos i didnt even use them LOL.

Archived