Monash University Students!

Guest AsOne

Guest annabananna_

heyy everyone !

i'm anna =] i'm gonna be starting my first year of uni ! studying bachelor of business at the caulfield campus, though i'll have to take up a maths unit at clayton so that i can transfer to commerce next year D:

btw, if i am able to do so, does anyone know if i'll be able to transfer straight to 2nd year commerce if i get the grades ? or would i have to start from first year D: cos i am doing a business degree after all .. which is similarish .. ?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lynni3z

^ ooo i might be seeing you in some of the math classes XD coz i have to take up maths class as part of my degree as well. what maths are you doing? XD i'm doing STAT T_T

Guest annabananna_

^ aww really ? damnn i don't think i'd see you then >_<" cos i'm doing functions & applications !

i'm sure that STATS will be slightly more interesting D: !

Guest Lynni3z

^wahhh realllyy?? i'd swtiched frm functions & applications to STATs during enrolement day coz they figured out i did methods..ahaha..i was hoping i could get away and do simple maths T_T

oh well, i guess we can still bump into each other somehow..ahaha..good luck for your course^^ i have a friend doing business at caufield too, her name is Kim Anh.

anyways does anyone know when the booklists are avialable online for monash?? coz i'm just worried that i might not get them in time O_O

Guest annabananna_

^ lol damn ! but yeahh no worries i might still be able to bump into you, whenever i'm at clayton :)

good luck for your course too ! and i'd be likely to see your friend then haha, unless she's chosen different subjects to me D:

i heard that booklists come out early feb, but not sure when exactly >_< got my uni fees today though via email ! D:

1.) Whats your name?

FRAN! Hi Lynn!

2.) What you are studying and what campus your from?

Commerce/Arts at Clayton.

3.) What year your currently in?

First year this year =/

4.) How old you are?

18 turning 19 in October.

5.) What do you like about Monash? OR complain about Monash

Umm, firstly it's too big and I got lost looking for a building on enrolment and there's not enough shade around.. Or from what I saw anyways =O

Yet to fall in love with anything at Monash hrmmm

1.) Whats your name?

Lynsey

2.) What you are studying and what campus your from?

Global Arts (International Studies), Clayton ftw!

3.) What year are you currently in?

This will be my first year, I'm so nervous :(

4.) How old you are?

5.) What do you like about Monash? OR complain about Monash

I can't say yet, but everything seems good so far.

$320 for parking! *falls over and dies* i was planning on getting a permit too :(

Last year it was $290... still quite as high as now but otherwise, I still bought it. I paid half while my eldest sis helped with another half. The upside is that it's still cheaper and way better than public transport (especially for me since I go to Caulfield Monash... dreaded zone 1+2 tickets that cost a fortune!!!@!) You should just get it! In the end, it'll be all worth it. XD

Guest Shannice

LOL, a thread of Monash University

I don't attend Monash or Uni... I'm still an immature teenage brat, LOL

I'm in Year 11 at the moment and I do wish to attend Monash Uni in the future if I'm smart enough...

So what's the min. enter to attend Monash Uni? Can someone please tell me the courses that got something to do with Nursing, Commerce, Economics, Account well Financial stuff, Law, something to do with Political stuff and International studies...

Random question but is Math Methods (Unit 1 & 2) hard because I'm doing it for this year and I think I'm not capable for it...

Guest Lynni3z

^ i'm sure for a fact that for Nursing at monash is around 82ish for the monash at penninsula,

and 70 something at gippsland. i was condering nursing before, but then the travel is just tooo far :x

and commerce is about 90. i'm not sure about the other courses though.

oh yeh, maths method unit 1+2 isn't that bad ^^ i'd like unit one the most..ahaha..unit 2 is where all the analysis question kicks in :x

anyways, good luck for vce^^

Guest deadytwo

hi so like does anyone know the exact date that uni starts? i saw on the site it said we started 2nd of march but im kinda still not sure and wanted confirmation.

thanks to anyone that helps out with this question!

Guest deadytwo

thanks for that smashy. wasnt sure on the date cos on the site it said semester one commences but for some reason it just seemed wrong lol.

Guest Lynni3z

^ oh that, i read somewhere, thats only for 3rd & 4th years students or something so yeh ^^

anyways does anyone know what books you need to buy for bio & psych units? coz like i got my booklist and the list is like LONNNNGGGG. and apparently we dont get all the books. people were saying to ask your tutes and stuff. but the thing is for both of these units there's no tute classes. then who would i ask? :x

you should have Labs/Seminars? otherwise ask your lecturer :)

nope it should be the same no matter what year you're in, other than first years having orientation week the 23rd, 24th, 25th.

Heya!

I'm doing Chinese and Korean there, and languages have 4 contact hours rather than my 3 contact hours for Journalism.

Just i quick question in the language classes are there many australian born chinese amd korean in the class or is it mainly australia ppl there?

Archived