[movie 2008] Pure Comic Strip / Simple Manhwa 순정만화

chinah

Guest riehae

The OST have pretty good songs.

I actually suggest that you listen to it if you have time.

Anyway, being bias that I am... Kangin did really well in his role.

It really suits him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PockyxChan

I just saw it the other day with English subtitles. It was good, but not super great. People told me it wasn't as funny as the trailers made it out to be, but that's not true. It was funny (and cute), just not laugh-out-loud funny. More like an I-acknowledge-it's-funny-but-it's-not-enough-to-make-me-laugh funny.

Even though I wanted to see it because Kangin was in it (and Yoo Jitae - afterthought) and I love romcoms, when I watched it, I was looking forward to Lee Yeonhee and Yoo Jitae's relationship plot a little more. Kangin's and Chae Jungan's love story didn't get enough screen time - or it just felt like it - and it wasn't very developed. But that's okay, because Yoo Jitae stole the screen. He was so adorable~ I really want to know how their love ended up - since the only kiss scene that we can be assured of is the one between Kangin and Chae Jungan...

Overall, it felt like it was too short of a movie. Or that it was so light, it flew by.

(Don't allow me to do puns again. Ever.)

• 1 month later...
Guest niki figan

me too, looking forward to see more of relationship between yoo ji tae and yon hee.

make me wondering how they gonna ended it up.

even so, the ending was simple yet sweet. i love his smile while taking photograph of yon hee.

anyway, anyone knew the song that yon hee listened to while she's sleeping in yoo ji tae's appartment?

i agree with him, that its such a nice song :):)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest AllforCJW

Can anyone tell me where I can watch this movie with English sub? The videos on youtube have been disabled. Thanks

Guest AllforCJW

Thanks for the info. Just finished watching the movie with english sub. I loved it..it was such a heartwarming movie. I worried that the idea of a man in his 30's falling in love with an 18 year old high schooler might sound twisted or perverted , but the PD made the YJT's character so innocent and pure that I was able to connect with their characters. I first saw Yeon Hee in One Fine Day but she didn't really grab my attention in the drama,primarily because of her character but she is so pretty in Hello School Girl and her character fits her well.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest m0use

Even though I wanted to see it because Kangin was in it (and Yoo Jitae - afterthought) and I love romcoms, when I watched it, I was looking forward to Lee Yeonhee and Yoo Jitae's relationship plot a little more. Kangin's and Chae Jungan's love story didn't get enough screen time - or it just felt like it - and it wasn't very developed. But that's okay, because Yoo Jitae stole the screen. He was so adorable~ I really want to know how their love ended up - since the only kiss scene that we can be assured of is the one between Kangin and Chae Jungan...

Your thoughts on the two couple's relationship are the same as mine. I was more interested in finding the outcome of Lee Yeonhee + Yoo Jitae relationship than the other couple. I felt there was a lack of chemistry between Kangin + Chae Jungan, and I'm also glad they didn't exploit the story as "an older man seeking out a young school girl". Yoo Ji Tae could have crossed that creepy line but he played the character in a very sympathetic, lonely man without any past love experience. For some reason I got the impression that his character was still a virgin. Nothing is wrong with that, I must note. It's just that air of naivete that I sensed that made me cheer for his character because he hasn't experienced love before. Yoo Jitae definitely stole the movie. He's quite adorable and he looks a bit like a grown up Haley Joel Osment from The Six Sense in this even though I've never thought of the resemblance considering that I'd seen him in Old Boy, Symp. for Lady Vengeance, One Fine Spring Day, and Ditto. Great actor.

• 10 months later...
Guest superjenny

Haha i feel like i'm bumping an old thread.. but i just watched this movie last night and it is a really good movie! i mean, it wasn't exciting or anything, but it was really subtle and sweet. i liked how everything was so calm and really adorable.. i was never a fan of yoo jitae or lee yeonhee but i have become a fan of both after watching it (:

seriously, this is probably my favorite movie so far... and i don't think it's that popular.. i hope a lot more people watch it!

• 2 years later...
Guest rieleva

just finished watching the movie.. it was good ^_____^ the ending is great.. im kinda worried but it turn out great :)
one quick question? Does anyone knows what type of camera they use? the one that was donate and get by yeon hee? many thanks :)
here is the pic: untitled2.bmp

Archived