Guest kawaiimagic

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Banana Peel

Ugh, I have lived in a community where asians are

a minority, so I've gone through racism a whooole lot of time :rolleyes:

I hate it. hate it so much, I'm so weak against racism.

I can't seem to say something mean back, or anything bold enough

to shut them up. So now I just ignore them. Or at least try to, but

I still get hurt inside.

:(

I try and ignore it as much as I can. If it's the same person being racist over and over again to me, I act like it doesn't bother me (and I TRY to not let it bother me) and soon, they get bored and stop.

Guest vivientww

Look at the in the eye, punch them and break their nose.

LOL jk.

Talk it out with them? Like what's their problem. If they still don't change then feel free to disfigure their face :D LOL <3

Guest DoNotPassGo

Ignore them. If you get mad, they won because you addressed their stupid ignorance. Your reaction FUELS their hate. You're better than that. :mellow:

Seconded.

• 2 years later...

I was walking through the school hall today, and suddenly a kid one grade over me said a comment like; "Why did yo come to Norway as a yellow kid?"

I just walked past him, without even bother to mind a look. But actually I thought it was kinda funny, how immature and ignorance it made him look.

And I heard a little later on, a friend of him saying to him : "Now, that was unnecessary." lol

I was walking through the school hall today, and suddenly a kid one grade over me said a comment like; "Why did yo come to Norway as a yellow kid?"

I just walked past him, without even bother to mind a look. But actually I thought it was kinda funny, how immature and ignorance it made him look.

And I heard a little later on, a friend of him saying to him : "Now, that was unnecessary." lol

Is Norway really racist?

• 2 weeks later...

I usually hate the way people discriminate your race because your home country is not a developed nation...

I just laugh on how they discriminate on appearance and traditions...but for economic status...I get hurt and uneasy

Guest fearthefree

In person, I usually give them a blank stare and say, 'Uhh...ok then". It's been a while since people were SERIOUSLY racist towards me, now that I'm in highschool and go to a multi ehtnic school.

But when I was younger I went to an Irish Elem. School and I was like, the first Asian they'd ever met. They usually were jokingly like, 'Do you eat dogs?" "Ching Chong!" Blah blah, stupid stuff. I would usually sarcastically  say, "Haha, so funny...". One instance really hurt my feelings though. I used to be friends with this one guy (Call him R) , we sat next to eachother for a year. But after summer came, and we were in the 8th grade, we didn't talk much the entire time. Then it was the end of the year, and everyone got their class rings and started turning eachother's rings for luck. His friends spotted me and said, "Oh hey, she hasn't turned your ring yet! Hey [my name]!! Come here!". Suddenly R was like, "No. No. No." and they started asking him why he didn't want me to turn his ring, and he shouted:

"I DO NOT want an ASIAN touching my ring!!!", and he gave me this really disgusted look.

I was so upset, I almost cried and I had to excuse myself. I can deal with racism (whether they're being serious or not) pretty ok now, but honestly it really hurts. >_<'' And you can't even talk to these people because they're stubborn and really think that the content of one's character is based on their race.

Guest PinkWaffles

I can get just as stereotypical and rude right back.  

I have zero tolerance for it so, if you're being ugly, I'll be even uglier.

In person, I usually give them a blank stare and say, 'Uhh...ok then". It's been a while since people were SERIOUSLY racist towards me, now that I'm in highschool and go to a multi ehtnic school.

But when I was younger I went to an Irish Elem. School and I was like, the first Asian they'd ever met. They usually were jokingly like, 'Do you eat dogs?" "Ching Chong!" Blah blah, stupid stuff. I would usually sarcastically  say, "Haha, so funny...". One instance really hurt my feelings though. I used to be friends with this one guy (Call him R) , we sat next to eachother for a year. But after summer came, and we were in the 8th grade, we didn't talk much the entire time. Then it was the end of the year, and everyone got their class rings and started turning eachother's rings for luck. His friends spotted me and said, "Oh hey, she hasn't turned your ring yet! Hey [my name]!! Come here!". Suddenly R was like, "No. No. No." and they started asking him why he didn't want me to turn his ring, and he shouted:

"I DO NOT want an ASIAN touching my ring!!!", and he gave me this really disgusted look.

I was so upset, I almost cried and I had to excuse myself. I can deal with racism (whether they're being serious or not) pretty ok now, but honestly it really hurts. >_<'' And you can't even talk to these people because they're stubborn and really think that the content of one's character is based on their race.

I would they know Asians eat dogs or ching chong if they never met much Asians before?

Guest fearthefree

I would they know Asians eat dogs or ching chong if they never met much Asians before?

They'd never met an Asian, but they knew all the Asian stereotypes, like that we eat dogs or love math or know kung fu. I mean, I'm sure they've SEEN a few Asians, but I'm definitely the first that they'd actually spoken to (they told me).

I grew up in a very white community and went to a boarding school where everybody was white. Ironically, it has made me even less tolerable of racism, and I make a serious effort to keep racist people out of my life.

Personally, aside from harmlessly being called "The Asian" throughout my schooling years, I haven't really had many racial slurs come my way. However, I do remember one time when I first met a friend of my boyfriend's, who said something really racist about Asian people. My features make me look very Caucasian, so he didn't realise I was part Asian. I attempted to be civil, but rather than apologising for his ignorance, he had the audacity to say that I didn't count because I'm Japanese, which is a "cool" type of Asian unlike the Chinese. I was so offended that I yelled at him, rendering the entire night extremely awkward. To this day, my boyfriend pokes fun at how I had scared his friend, but I don't find it funny at all. I thought he was an absolutely appalling human being, and I still do.

Oh, and one of my absolute biggest pet peeves is when people unnecessarily mention race in a story. For example, "This black guy cut me off on the road today." Um, the fact that he is black has absolutely nothing to do with anything. wtf.

They'd never met an Asian, but they knew all the Asian stereotypes, like that we eat dogs or love math or know kung fu. I mean, I'm sure they've SEEN a few Asians, but I'm definitely the first that they'd actually spoken to (they told me).

That is interesting...

Someone told me the exact opposite of that.

Like how this Asian girl live in a place where Asians are the minority and her friends were surprised that she played video games and stuff like that.

Guest YooAmie

I'm chinese and I'm from the UK too, so I know how you feel..

For me, I'd probably shout at them, defend myself. But most people would go for ignore because they're probably like, 'oh if I insult a person who is a different race, my popularity will jump up'.

But it's best to ignore them. Unless your very.. 'violent'? haha sorry don't really know the right word, but if you are that type of person, like me, I'd stand up for myself and shout back.

Guest hypermotard

If it's racist to me, I'll say something.  If it's not about me, I don't really care.  Why should I, racism isn't going to just up and disappear.  I have other things to get mad about.

Archived