[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Guest bluemoon1st

Seems like everyone have watched Pure 19.

I have not watched Pure 19 but am wondering why the comparison to YAMD.

The main character equally young or the story line of a nasty mother in law?

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The basic storyline is very similar.

Rich heir of large company falls in love with poor uneducated orphan girl.

Orphan girl adopted in low middle class family (only un-officially in "Pure 19").

Heir's sister in a love relationship with orphan girl's adopted brother (married in "Pure 19").

Mother of heir objects and is mean to orphan girl (the maliciousness in only in YAMD).

Mother of heir has a candidate for son who she loves.

Candidate for son turns mean toward orphan girl when son falls in love with the orphan girl (only for a short time in "Pure 19").

Character development was consistent and plot-lines were well written throughout the "Pure 19" serries.

Some of the actors/actresses in YAMD have been in "Pure 19"

DaeGoo

YeonShil

Yuri

The boss of the potato soup restaurant where SaeByuk worked for a short time.

Guest kamyuen

You should watch Pure 19. Its the best Kdrama I have ever watched so far. The OST were also very nice. The story line is quite similar but the acting and the story line flows very nicely. I just love Pure 19.

YAMD 142 [capture from KBS-Able ]

YouTube: ----

VEOH LQ: ----

YAMD 143 Preview [full-screen viewable]

YouTube: -----

VEOH: --------

NOTE: First available YAMD full-screen previews are usually on
l00bia's YouTube Channel

[Text]

Original text:

143회 :: 2008년 11월 21일 금...

새벽의 양어머니 영숙, 친어머니 미옥, 시어머니 민정이 긴장을 이루는 가운데 새벽의 시집살이는 나날이 고달프다. 연실은 죽기 전에 착한 일을 하려 마음 먹고 대진 가족과 화란 가족이 동업으로 새로운 삶을 개척해나가려는 사이, 상기는 태영과 흉금을 터놓는 사이가 되고 슬슬 새벽에게 다가서는데......

Translation: Korean (automatically detected) » English

143 times: Friday, November 21, 2008 ...

Youngsuk adopters of the morning, miok birth mother, mother-in-law of the people that make the tension of the morning sijipsalyi godalpeuda the day. Eat before you die, I want to do a good yeonsil draw family and carve a new life as partners haenaga hwaran to the family and, above and between the confidential Tae-Young and the hyunggeum dagaseo to the morning was a little ......

YAMD streaming, including E-Subbed episodes 001-100 from SoShi-Subs with permission for viewing and HQ download from VEOH.

MySoju: -----------

VEOH 001-100: -----

VEOH 101-141: -----

YouKu 001-141: -----

An unscrupulous user has been putting watermarks on SoShi-Subs YAMD videos to claim credit.

YAMD SoShi-Subs videos beyond episode 100 wil not be released to the public in the forseeable future.

Does anyone know how many more episodes we have before yamd ends?

Didn't like today's story....didn't like sb's real mom.she told everyone she is not the mother but friend of sb's mom.didn't like the way she insisted tp's mom to accept the money gift.wonder what the writers up to now...

the phone call miok received from her husband sounds like they are plotting something..i hope no more heartache for sb..our poor poor cinderella.. :unsure::tears:

Guest bluemoon1st

Didn't like today's story....didn't like sb's real mom.she told everyone she is not the mother but friend of sb's mom.didn't like the way she insisted tp's mom to accept the money gift.wonder what the writers up to now...

the phone call miok received from her husband sounds like they are plotting something..i hope no more heartache for sb..our poor poor cinderella.. :unsure::tears:

Goodness, what next. Maybe Saebyuk is a long lost royal and MJ will have to bow to her :P

Original text:

새벽의 양어머니 영숙, 친어머니 미옥, 시어머니 민정이 긴장을 이루는 가운데 새벽의 시집살이는 나날이 고달프다. 연실은 죽기 전에 착한 일을 하려 마음 먹고 대진 가족과 화란 가족이 동업으로 새로운 삶을 개척해나가려는 사이, 상기는 태영과 흉금을 터놓는 사이가 되고 슬슬 새벽에게 다가서는데......

episode 143 november 21, 2008

While Saebyuk's adopted parent Youngsook, biological parent MiOk, and Mother-in-law Minjung crete a tense atmosphere, Saebyuk's married life is horrible every day. Yeonshil, in an attempt to do something good before she dies tries to do so through the partnership that Daejin's family has with Hwaran. Sangki becomes closer to Taeyoung and slowly approaches Saebyuk...

YAMD is supposed to end at the end of December... so maximum of 170 episodes for the entire drama.

We have up to 28 episodes left.

I don't mind SB's real mom. She is grateful to the Kim's for taking her daughter in and she wants to repay them a little bit. She probably felt weird blurting out the fact that she was SB's real mom in front of the whole family, plus she's sick and I think is going to die. That's what she and her husband were talking about. She wants to spend more time with SB and he wants her to return home. I guess he asked if she was taking her medication because she said not to worry that she was taking her meds and not to worry because she'll be fine.

I can't wait for the inevitable clash with MJ!!!

Guest babymarzy07

yep like ahoxan had said previously, the story was similar.

and most daily dramas past had a various array of MILS.

i guess the similarity of the story was characters too.

plus some instances. not a huge deal.

Original text:

While Saebyuk's adopted parent Youngsook, biological parent MiOk, and Mother-in-law Minjung crete a tense atmosphere, Saebyuk's married life is horrible every day. Yeonshil, in an attempt to do something good before she dies tries to do so through the partnership that Daejin's family has with Hwaran. Sangki becomes closer to Taeyoung and slowly approaches Saebyuk...

wow her married life is horrible each day.. what does that say about the relationship.. and HS..

YAMD is supposed to end at the end of December... so maximum of 170 episodes for the entire drama.

We have up to 28 episodes left.

and gah at that.. gosh 170 so long... i dont think ive seen a daily this long yet..

Guest kawaiiyuki2

Original text:

Poor SB... Wonder if HS knows about this.... Hope everything gets better. as time goes on.

wow her married life is horrible each day.. what does that say about the relationship.. and HS..

and gah at that.. gosh 170 so long... i dont think ive seen a daily this long yet..

As for sb's married life is horrible every day i think it means when she is with mj. MJ most like have her doing this and that even after she comes home from work. (starting to think hs and sb should have moved into that apartment of his) I really don't think they are talking about her relationship with hs. If they did half of us would have a heart attack.

Oh yeah, i believe [pure 19] was 172 episodes long. so it's longer then this one by 2 episodes.

I'm really hoping that Miok is sb's mom. i think she lied in 142 cause she saw how much sb love sy. but i really want miok to be sb mom so we can shout in MJ's face. 'hahahaha you deserve it or something like that.' the more mj appears on screen the more i dislike her. I have a feeling hs isn't even sure what to do with her. you can tell from his expression after she yells at sb over the phone and then yells at him. :angry:

Nothing much to say about this ep...at least HS is standing up for her, but how long can that last if SB doesn't show some backbone.

From the previews things look interesting for ep 143:

Can't wait for the MJ and MiOk clash...

MiOk beats up SangKi :blink: lolz...

HS seems really happy about something :wub: ...

looks like SangKi is up to some mischeif of his own...really concern since this will impact SY & TY and more than likely SB as well (it seems from ep 142 he may own some money? The only word I understood in that scene with the gang looking members was "Do you want to die?" ^_^ vocab I picked from the movie My Sassy Girl)

(We only have about 28 eps left? I’m perplexed to see how the writers are going somehow turn MJ around to be at least nice to SB. Maybe MJ’s kind of like grandma…she complains and complains but deep down inside she already has a soft spot for SB but just won't admit it…but with the way things are going it’s a stretch right now <_< )

*side note*

Wow, seems like a lot of you guys are Pure 19 fans. I watched some of it but I kinda got bored with it...probably because it was during a lull. YAMD is like the only k-daily drama that I have watched all the way through. Anyhoo, I've decided to give Pure 19 another shot.

Guest winghlau

I don’t like Miok until she can give a good enough reason why she abandoned Saebyuk as a little girl. Can’t see how a mother in whatever circumstances can leave a young helpless child by the beach. At least leave her at the doorstep of an orphanage. What is all this motherly concern now when she is old enough to fight her own battles. I would prefer that Saebyuk ‘fight’ it out with MJ herself then have this long lost mother butting in now. Saebyuk need of her has expired long ago. Now she is an adult with an adopted family and a husband.

Guest lantawmako

this drama was supposed to be a romance drama...but the theme has been torturing Cinderella...writers change their mind again?...from romance to horror?

Guest kawaiiyuki2

Nothing much to say about this ep...at least HS is standing up for her, but how long can that last if SB doesn't show some backbone.

From the previews things look interesting for ep 143:

Can't wait for the MJ and MiOk clash...

MiOk beats up SangKi :blink: lolz...

HS seems really happy about something :wub: ...

looks like SangKi is up to some mischeif of his own...really concern since this will impact SY & TY and more than likely SB as well (it seems from ep 142 he may own some money? The only word I understood in that scene with the gang looking members was "Do you want to die?" ^_^ vocab I picked from the movie My Sassy Girl)

(We only have about 28 eps left? I’m perplexed to see how the writers are going somehow turn MJ around to be at least nice to SB. Maybe MJ’s kind of like grandma…she complains and complains but deep down inside she already has a soft spot for SB but just won't admit it…but with the way things are going it’s a stretch right now <_< )

*side note*

Wow, seems like a lot of you guys are Pure 19 fans. I watched some of it but I kinda got bored with it...probably because it was during a lull. YAMD is like the only k-daily drama that I have watched all the way through. Anyhoo, I've decided to give Pure 19 another shot.

I totally agree with what you wrote. I'm really looking forward to seeing mj and miok clash. it's fun to see mj slightly shocked and knowing that she's not the only one that's rich and that she can't always do as she pleases.

Ahh, yeah, hs looks really happy about something. with all that spinning. SB looks happy too or maybe it was what spinning. hahaha. it also looks like from the end clip of the preview sb is back to work cause her hair is down.

oh did anyone see is hs and sb were wearing wedding bands. I couldn't see but it doesn't look like it.

side Note: [pure19] was boring in the beginning cause you know how slow daily dramas are. I mean it took sb up to the 6th episode to visit the kims and the epi 7 for her to tell them about ny and the truth about her death comes out. but for [pure 19] it starts to pick up in epi 5 or 6. so if you give it another go you should start from there.

Guest dbart001

I don't mind SB's real mom. She is grateful to the Kim's for taking her daughter in and she wants to repay them a little bit. She probably felt weird blurting out the fact that she was SB's real mom in front of the whole family, plus she's sick and I think is going to die. That's what she and her husband were talking about. She wants to spend more time with SB and he wants her to return home. I guess he asked if she was taking her medication because she said not to worry that she was taking her meds and not to worry because she'll be fine.

I can't wait for the inevitable clash with MJ!!!

I agree w/ you...I'm beginning to like the story about SB's real mom. Also, I like it when HS stood up for SB when MJ and YR was yelling at her, didn't understand what they were saying though but it looks cool to me... :lol: I hope he will take SB out of that hell hole...

Guest kawaiiyuki2

I agree w/ you...I'm beginning to like the story about SB's real mom. Also, I like it when HS stood up for SB when MJ and YR was yelling at her, didn't understand what they were saying though but it looks cool to me... :lol: I hope he will take SB out of that hell hole...

I also love the part where hs stood up for sb. I'm sure she said that he shouldn't have done it. But i'm totally glad that he did. :wub: From what i can tell he must have said something like 'yuri, what are you doing... blah.. blah... mom it has nothing to do with sb. yuri was the one that disrespected her first. sb is her sil and should respect her. I side wit sb. she did nothing wrong.'

Ok that was my total guess. I'm just happy that he stood up for her even if he did say that. hahaha. :) :blush:

Guest bluemoon1st

this drama was supposed to be a romance drama...but the theme has been torturing Cinderella...writers change their mind again?...from romance to horror?

you make my day :D:P

my share of thanks to everyone on this thread, from the links to the summary to the translations to the witty comments :lol:

Archived