[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Guest hotygs

yamd2jw1.jpg

yamd5rg5.jpg

The drama has finally finished filming!

Cheers to all the actors/actresses that had to endure through the horrible script. :lol:

And wish them luck at the KBS drama awards tonight. :)

Hey can I see the clip or other pics?

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The writer should really read up on medical facts.

"Bone Marrow Transplant" is merely a term now. Current method for donation of stem cells for leukemia is done by filtering blood. The blood is taken from one arm to filter out the necessary elements for donation, and returned to the donor through the other arm. The process takes about 4-6 hours. Surgery is unnecessary.

This writer is not only unimaginative, but woefully ignorant!

Sorry for the rant!

I've only kept up with the drama through the posts on this thread,

but the bad plots and large factual errors still get me incensed.

I"m happy the actors/actresses are getting the recognition they deserve from the netizens. :)

Hello all,

I've grown impatient following the show on TV in Southern California, so I've been lurking this thread the past week or so. I just want to know how this show ends already!

My Korean isn't the greatest, but I wanted to contribute by helping translate (the best I can) the preview:

Original text:

172회 :: 2009년 1월 1일 목요일

미옥 역시 백혈병이라는 사실을 알게 된 새벽은 그제서야 친어머니에 대한 마음이 안타까움으로 바뀌며 서로를 천천히 보듬는다. 복동이의 입양 날, 연실은 복동이를 양부모에게 내주기 싫어 전전긍긍하고, 대진 가족은 파란만장했던 일년을 돌아보며 온 가족이 모여 텔레비전으로 보신각 종소리를 듣는다. 민정이 동생의 골수를 이식받는 줄로만 알고 수술을 준비하는 동안, 미옥은 김박사에게 살려달라 애원하고 새벽은 준비를 마치고 병원으로 들어서는데......

Epi. 172:

Upon learning MiOk also has leukemia, SB feels sad for her birth mother and slowly... (so sorry, no idea what 보듬는다 means)

The day comes for BokDong to get adopted, and YS doesn't want to let him go.

DaeJin(?) family looks back on the year, and gathers around the TV to ring in the new year.

MJ prepares for surgery -- still believing she's getting the transplant from her younger sister while MiOk begs the Dr. to save her.

SB completes prep for surgery and steps into the hospital.......

Video Preview of Epi. 172:

SB to Dr.: She's my birth mother. As her daugher, I should know about her illness.

SB to MiOk: If you abandoned me to live well in America, you should've lived well! And if you got sick, you should've sought treatment, and gotten better!

MJ: HS! YuRi! Don't go! No! Don't go!

YS: Honey, I can't do this. I can't send our BokDong away. Can't we keep him for just one more month?

SB being thanked while MiOk pleads with the Dr. that she wants to live.

SB (perhaps upon hearing the commotion?) goes to witness MiOk and the Dr.

Also, in epi. 171, SB asked the Dr. if she could possibly donate to both people she's compatible with at the same time, and the Dr. said it's impossible because Korean law says a person could only donate to one person every 12 months.

oh gosh dont tell me shes is going to really think about which she is going to pick if its her mother or a witch that pushes her away.

The writer should really read up on medical facts.

"Bone Marrow Transplant" is merely a term now. Current method for donation of stem cells for leukemia is done by filtering blood. The blood is taken from one arm to filter out the necessary elements for donation, and returned to the donor through the other arm. The process takes about 4-6 hours. Surgery is unnecessary.

This writer is not only unimaginative, but woefully ignorant!

Sorry for the rant!

I've only kept up with the drama through the posts on this thread,

but the bad plots and large factual errors still get me incensed.

I"m happy the actors/actresses are getting the recognition they deserve from the netizens. :)

i was going to say that i had to give mine to a family member also with the same deceased and i didnt go through surgery.. it was just like donating blood put more painful. so painful that the next one i asked if they can make me go to sleep first.. they did give me alot of pain killer but thats mini the pain only.. and i saw the needle HUGE!!!(mind you im scared of needles..)i guess its that big, it does have to go to the bone to get it. BUT!! they did it a different way not like how you said it.. they collected it from my back heaps and i dont know how much they took but i didnt lay on my back for a week. and they gave it to my brother like in those bags. maybe.... because the had to check stuff. oh i dont know ...

but i know how you feel when they dont get it right or they make it worse than it is.

Naurz, you are so brave, thank you for sharing your real life experience with us.

I think that's why a lot of viewers in Korea are flooding the website leaving angry comments, they were saying the latest story is just very unrealistic.

I watched ep 172 on KBS Able today:

The preview someone translated pretty much captured everything that happened today.

1. Young sook told SB that her birth mom is battling with blood cancer.

2. SB was shocked, ran away and left the shopping bags outside the house.

3. YS and Miok opened the bags, and Miok was so happy knowing she got a present from SB.

4. MJ had a dream at the hospital, she was shouting her family, asking them not to leave her. Only SB turned her head around and came back to see MJ.

5. Yuri brought food to MJ at the hospital, she accidentally told MJ that she is getting along well with SB. So now MJ knows the food she has been eating was prepared by SB all these time. She got angry again, and threw the present from SB on the floor. But Yuri told MJ to accept SB because she does genuinely like MJ.

6. SB is treating Miok better now, she did couple of things in this episode that shows she cares about Miok a lot.

7. Towards the end, I think SB realised Miok was the patient that supposed to get her bone marrow but later on was rejected.

8. SB saw Miok begging on the knee to the doctor. SB looks very sad.

9. MJ said something to herself on the hospital bed, then she disappeared and left her room. Sorry I cannot translate, but I think this is an important development........

If anyone also saw ep 172, please feel free to share, as I don't understand Korean, this is the best I got out of it....

Guest em1812

Preview for 173:

MiOk: No, no...

Doc: Jung MiOk sshi...

<hospital room>

HS: SB, where are you? We're waiting for you in the hospital room, why aren't you here yet?

SB: HS, I'm sorry. I cannot donate my bone marrow.

(VO) I'm sorry.

<doc's office>

CB: Does SB know that she is a match for Jung MiOk?

<hospital room>

MJ: Am I really going to die?

MJ: Yuri! Come and help me. Yuri ah!

And then MiOk appears in the hospital room.

hope i got everything right!

Thank you em1812. I cannot wait to see tomorrow's episode. I know Miok really wants to live, but why is she turning up in Miok's hospital room? I hope she is not trying to let MJ get the transplant instead of her........cos MJ really does not deserve it.

I am happy about SB's change of heart. Please do not let CB, Yuri and Hose pressure SB to go thru with the transplant. SB will never be able to forgive herself if Miok died because she gave the bone marrow to MJ instead.

Guest kamsammi

Thank you em1812. I cannot wait to see tomorrow's episode. I know Miok really wants to live, but why is she turning up in Miok's hospital room? I hope she is not trying to let MJ get the transplant instead of her........cos MJ really does not deserve it.

I am happy about SB's change of heart. Please do not let CB, Yuri and Hose pressure SB to go thru with the transplant. SB will never be able to forgive herself if Miok died because she gave the bone marrow to MJ instead.

Probably, SB's change of mind won't happen. She has been so far firm regarding any decision she has made; no matter right or wrong. I am afraid if Miok has shown up to ask MJ for the last time to apologize to SB and receive the donation. Hopefully this is not the case.

Guest ValleeDamour

Preview for 173:

MiOk: No, no...

Doc: Jung MiOk sshi...

<hospital room>

HS: SB, where are you? We're waiting for you in the hospital room, why aren't you here yet?

SB: HS, I'm sorry. I cannot donate my bone marrow.

(VO) I'm sorry.

<doc's office>

CB: Does SB know that she is a match for Jung MiOk?

<hospital room>

MJ: Am I really going to die?

MJ: Yuri! Come and help me. Yuri ah!

And then MiOk appears in the hospital room.

hope i got everything right!

The writers really ruined SB's image that we developed to care aNd love so far, if SB completely turned her back away from her birth mother. If that is the case, I am very unhappy with SB and want to slap her now instead of MJ.

HAPPY NEW YEAR. WISH EVERYONE OF YOU A NEW YEAR FILLED WITH ABUNDANT OF HEALTH, PROSPEROUS AND SUCCESS.

The writer has nothing better to writer about - to make SB choose between her birth mother who did her wrong 20 years ago and her mother in law who treat her like dirt. No matter how much SB loves Hose, she has to save her own mother first, MJ can wait for 12 more months when SB is allowed give another bone marrow transplant. I would call that a happy ending. :phew::rolleyes:

Guest anyaxoxo22

wooot woot go sb , buy yall know in the end

somthing gonna happen and its gonna go to mj , i just have that feeling in me bones

Guest malayka

Happy new year to all.

:crazy: SB shouldn't even consider MJ. It's obvious that the woman hates her. What Miok did to SB is unforgivable but at least she's trying to get SB forgiveness before she dies. MJ is still a b()^*& and doesn't show any signs of stopping or even slowing down, so I say let the B%(^&# die.

YAMD 172 [Ental rip. skyeler's source]

YouTube: ------

VEOH HQ: -----

YAMD 173 Preview [full-screen viewable]

YouTube: ------

VEOH: ----------

NOTE: First available YAMD full-screen previews are usually on
l00bia's YouTube Channel

[Text]

Original text:

173회 :: 2009년 1월 2일 금요일

자신이 이식하기로 했던 골수의 대상자가 친어머니인 미옥이라는 사실을 알게 된 새벽은 충격에 빠져 민정과의 이식 수술을 미루고, 칠복 또한 이 사실을 알게 된다. 새벽은 호세에게 양해를 구하고 잠시 미옥과 여행을 떠난다. 둘에게는 결정의 시간이 다가오는데......

Translation: Korean (automatically detected) » English

173 times:: Friday January 2, 2009

Bone marrow transplant to his subjects, who learned that morning that miok chineomeoniin to shock people out of the stall with the transplant operation, chilbok also find out the truth. Jose miok yield to obtain the morning and travel to leave for a while. Coming at the time of decision dulegeneun ......

YAMD streaming for all episodes,

including E-Subbed episodes 001-114 from SoShi-Subs for viewing and HQ download,

including Chinese-Subbed episodes 001-current from TuDou.

SoShified 001-114: ---
[Official SoShi-Subs Streaming Site]

VEOH 001-114: -------
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs version]

VEOH 115-137: -------
[E-Subbed KBS-World version]

VEOH 115-172: --------
[RAW]

YouTube 075-170: ----
[RAW with English translation transcripts]

MySoju 001-135: -----
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs & KBS-World versions]

TuDou 001-167: ------
[Chinese-Subbed]

YouKu 001-171: ------
[RAW]

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Only 6 more episodes until the end of this farce! :)

Archived