Super Junior Fans To Stop Sm Entertainment From Adding New Members By Buying Their Stocks

Guest winksassy

Guest serene_star

I respect their dedication for SJ. If I were eligible, I'd buy a stock.

I just wish people who don't care about SJ13 or aren't SJ fans would stop judging ELF like they're so much smarter. No, you really don't know how it feels and no, you really wouldn't understand.

I am a fan of Suju and I do respect them. But does that mean that I have to respect the actions of ELF and conform to their own idea of what is the smart thing to do? Yes, I understand how Suju fans feel and how this maybe important, but does this mean that I have to completely agree with them just because we respect the same artists? There are those who are against what ELF is doing, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't respect Suju or that they are patronizing others.

Like ephemeral_star, de_lusion, try.my.love. and so many others on this thread, I am mostly upset with the way people are acting towards SM Entertainment. Especially on threads like these and another thread about the new member, there are several posts on how "stupid" SM Entertainment" is and how smart it is of the ELF to finally do something that SM Entertainment "should have done." It is as if the fans know how to promote Suju better than the company who created them. And the fans don't know how to promote Suju or market them. At all. Sad to say, fans don't know what is best for their admired artists besides the obvious - health. But other than that, they don't know what's the best way to promote them, where to promote them, how to market them, and how to create an image. It's childish to say "LSM should retire" or "LSM is stupid" for doing this "harm" to Super Junior, when he and the rest of the people working under him are probably making the effort to make them better. Afterall, how well Super Junior and all of the other artists do under his label ultimately affects his company. I doubt he would want to run his company down into the ground. Give one valid reason to call SM Entertainment stupid, and I'll give numerous reasons why they should be recognized and acknowledged.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tsubasa

This is soo stupid. Just leave SM alone, they're not harming the group or anything... As long as the members dont care why should the so called "E.L.Fs" should. I mean like if you are really their fans, doing this isnt right. Plus consider Henry or those newly added member(s) feelings, its just sad... Those peoples need to find better things to do like helping the environment to save the Earth, fundraise for starving kids in Africa or something... Instead of wasting their precious time.. So dumb....

Guest eastsea_sarang

i think the fans are a little...ummm...ridiculous.

i don't think the fans realize the importance of adding new members.

i think the whole "rotation" isn't a bad idea...cause with 13 ways to split the profit (which

wouldn't be that much)...the guys are NOT making enough money.

and the members will eventually get older (meaning, not "junior" enough for "super junior" anymore)

and will have to leave for military service too.

and even if they did keep adding more and more, the original 13 guys will

still be around in the entertainment world, probably.

i don't think it shouldn be the end of the world.

sheeesh.

and PS.i used to be a super junior fan.i still listen to their music still, but i'm

just not as "dedicated" as i used to be.

Guest sitrus113

this whole idea is so manipulative. it's like SM knew the outcome and threw this out to make money. conspiracy scheme.

Guest mango-iee

Wow...what a crazy fan. V_V

But Super Junior have way too many members already. It's enough. But it's SM that make the choice. If he wants to add more members, go ahead. It's just going to expand Super Junior's population not harming us or anything...those fans are over crazy now.

Guest esmiux

LOL.

And while fans are concerned and angry and raising money to buy stocks, SM executives and bigger share holders are laughing their heads off and celebrating seeing how money is flowing to their pockets and how their stocks are raising in the market.

Honestly, If E.L.F HAD thought about this better, they will know that majority stockholders rule the decisions of the SM company Board and minor investors are only there for the munies, lol =x.

But apparently they didnt thought about it, cos if they did, they would know that buying stocks from SM Entertainment isn't a smart move.

So amusing though *takes out popcorn and watches*

Guest psquare6806

i'm a super junior fan too but seriously, buying stocks and holding "silent protests" (ooh that's gonna work) and then saying whoever disagrees isn't a fan. wtf, i don't want more members to be added to super junior either but do they really have to shout "13 members!" at every goddamn performance...

58,206 stocks @ $2 USD each = 116,412 USD = 117,594,745 Won

What could you do with that money? I think it's great that E.L.F. is so...erm...enthusiastic about saving Super Junior? But their tactics aren't going so well...

Guest mopwns

y is dis sooo big, i dun see the big deal of adding a new member coz sj is already big soo it doesnt matter with just one more member

and if they dun like the idea, when the new guy join the group just outcast him and dun support him, bash him and he'll get tired and will quit the group LOL

that is a terrible idea.

and since when did people care so much about what fans are doing?

or rather WHY do they care?

also,

what's the big deal in adding another member you may ask?

only like half of the Super Junior boys get attention.

14 members is going to be too many.

Guest GinaxDongseng

this is ridiculous.

their suppose to be super junior fans.

shouldn't they be supporting them alll the wayy through.

these little girls need to chill out.

new members is like promotion.

its helping super junior. jeezzz

Guest de_lusion

LOL.

And while fans are concerned and angry and raising money to buy stocks, SM executives and bigger share holders are laughing their heads off and celebrating seeing how money is flowing to their pockets and how their stocks are raising in the market.

Honestly, If E.L.F HAD thought about this better, they will know that majority stockholders rule the decisions of the SM company Board and minor investors are only there for the munies, lol =x.

But apparently they didnt thought about it, cos if they did, they would know that buying stocks from SM Entertainment isn't a smart move.

So amusing though *takes out popcorn and watches*

HAHAHA. Well said. Well said.

I can tell you right now, even if they do buy all the stocks that have been released to the public, they will never have a say in what happens to the company simply because SM Entertainment isn't stupid enough to release a majority of the stocks. I am pretty sure about 51% is still in private holding.

Guest kim_pei

Haha... I like Super Junior. ^^

I'm not a super fan but I like them...

Mmm.....

Silent protests

Buying stocks

I'm actually wondering what will happen next...

Create an ELF Entertainment Company and take Super Junior out of SM Ent?

Mmmm.... it's an idea right? Hahaha. XPPP

Well... good luck to everybody.

Most especially to Super Junior...

I mean, your fan club fighting with your entertainment company?

With all these happenings, I think they-- Super Junior themselves -- need the most luck.

SuJu fighting! ^^

Guest mochamist

Wow, this is still going on??

Geez, think of the energy that could be directed towards more important matters like protesting against war or starving African children or genocide in Darfur.

But nooo, adding a few more people to your favorite overrated and overstuffed idol group with generic, artificial music is far more significant. my bad.

Guest angel2nyt

Hmm.. sometimes I wonder.. Is it REALLY worth it?

exactly..

although i dont want suju to have more members not because im a huge fan, but i think its already a HUGE group..

and imagine the time they have for each song.. what 2 seconds for each member?

im not going to buy stocks for them..

Guest miki.

When I logged on Soompi this afternoon and saw this headline, I felt really bad.

As a supporter of ONLY 13, and considering myself an ELF, I felt like I should share my two cents.

I haven't been a fan of Super Junior for a very long time, less than three months probably.

However, once I began looking into them after watching the very first episode of EHB, I already

knew that I was going to like them a lot. When I first found out that they were a 13-member group,

I was a little turned away. I didn't think I'd have the patience to learn 13 names and their faces.

But, because of their own special characteristics and good sense of humor, I did. I'm sure many

fans and fellows ELFs would say the same.

A few weeks ago, while I was looking for some pictures of ELFs at concerts with lotsa blue balloons,

I stumbled across someone's blog about the SUJU ONLY13 protest. The blogger was writing about

how stupid and naive he/she thought the fans were. Honestly, I felt pretty offended by it. Just as

Super Junior has said many times (Kangin especially), Super Junior is an IDOL group. So, what's

the problem with people idolizing them? I do believe there are limits to idolization though. Like the

incident at Beijing a few days ago - now THAT'S too much. While those fans and these fans (protesters

and stock-buyers) are both FANS of SUJU, there ways of being fans are different. The ones at the

Beijing airport physically and emotionally hurt the boys. These fans, on the other hand are supporting

the fans in a much more mature way. The protests and stock-buying doesn't seem like the big deal

to me. I just think of it as a way that they're supporting the group. True, they may be hurting the boys

in a way. But, they have good intentions. I've heard a lot that SUJU has feisty and dangerous fans, but

there are also a lot of fans that are just happy that they're around and doing all this for us. I think that

people definitely shouldn't judge all ELFs and classify them as 'bad fans'

As for my opinion on ONLY13, the reason why I whole-heartedly support it is because as many of

you already said, they're not going to stop after adding a 14th member. With a 14th member comes

a 15th, 16th, and so on. Adding more members will disturb the unity of the group. It's already hard

to have an event where all 13 appear as it is. Adding more members will only break the group up.

Gee, that was long. I apologize if I offended anyone. I just wanted to share what I felt about this

situation. Last but not least, SUPER JUNIOR HWAITING! No matter what happens, they'll still be

KOREA'S #1 boy band to me.

Guest mensa

i didnt read the whole thread, i got bored after the 3 page but i have to said this.

to have control or to make your opinion count as shareholder you need more than 50% of the stocks and the other bad news is that companies NEVER EVER release the 100% of their stocks, thats so stupid. Usually companies go to the stock market or become "public companies" because they need to raise funds and capital (they need cash) and they dont release more than 5% or below.

so at the end they as individual shareholder has very little influence. In theory they can exert influence through voting at the annual shareholders meeting but the hard truth is that they are going to be outvoted by the big investors who own large blocks of shares.

Guest CharlotteDarcy

also,

what's the big deal in adding another member you may ask?

only like half of the Super Junior boys get attention.

True True. I can't even name you 1/3 of the members in SuJu.

Heechul, Kangin, Shindong, Kibum. there you go.

Guest clicheterms

this honestly all sounds really silly and kinda futile, but i admire their dedication.

i think people need to understand that what the fans are fighting against is not the new member at all; it's the concept of adding another person, and leaving the boys at risk of becoming a project group.

<3 tiffo

Guest xxxNanaxxx

Some ppl r asking y ppl would care abt wat ELF is doing if they dont like suju in the 1st place but didnt the topic starter post this in krn celeb photos so every1 can share their opnions abt the issue.Cuz if only suju fans can discuss abt this then this topic should've only posted in Suju thread so suju fans can agree n support the idea as much as they like... One more reason y ppl is commenting on it is b/c this whole idea is totally ridiculous :rolleyes:

Anyway this is just my opinion.

Edit:oops i owned the page ><

Archived