[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sweet_treats1812

for those who wanted the translations to the NG of the couch scene...

shin: if i get de-crowned, you might have to earn the living and support me.

cg: in that case, you do the housework. i'll make money for you.

shin: hey, a man doing housework? that makes no sense.

cg: who knows, it might suit you perfectly.

shin: no, it won't.

cg: yeah it will.

shin: it won't, i'm telling you.

(cg starts taking off the tie)

shin: (stops her) can't.

cg: you kissed me first.

(shin starts laughing)

cg: why you laughing?

shin: (makes the noise with his mouth to stop)

cg: fine, you take it off.

(they burst out laughing)

cg (yeh): what?

shin (jjh): say adlibs that i can respond to!

hahaha~ man, this jst made it even sweeter..wonder what yeh was thinking to make up adlibs like that :lol::lol::lol: thanks for the translation sunyuh! ;)

Guest FoxxiDork85

hahaha~ man, this jst made it even sweeter..wonder what yeh was thinking to make up adlibs like that :lol::lol::lol: thanks for the translation sunyuh! ;)

I'm so sorry. This is a stupid question, but what are "adlibs"?

I'm so sorry. This is a stupid question, but what are "adlibs"?

Hehe, adlibs are like something you make up on the spot, like if an actor were to forget his/her lines, they'd do adlibs. :]

Thank you sooo much sunyuh for the translation!! It makes it so much more enjoyable to watch. :D I loved when JJH was like, "say adlibs I can respond to!" :lol:

Guest sweet_treats1812

Hehe, adlibs are like something you make up on the spot, like if an actor were to forget his/her lines, they'd do adlibs. :]

Thank you sooo much sunyuh for the translation!! It makes it so much more enjoyable to watch. :D I loved when JJH was like, "say adlibs I can respond to!" :lol:

right right..adlibs are jst stuff they make up on the spot..it's not necessarily on the script ;)

jenna, i love that part too!!! hahaha~ the poor guy mustve been wrestling with his brains jst trying to come up with answers to what yeh was saying..im still wondering WHY she chose to say all that stuff..and WHY she untied his tie like that :w00t: hahaha~ see! they shudnt be giving us all these stuff to drool over..it drives me nuts!!!

Guest ruthie08

In the SHOW

ok hyemyung is shin's Nwu Na 누나 meaning his older sister.

and Yul and Shin are of the same age but different months

if u compare the months, then in the show, shin is older.

because if u watch epi 14, after shin box yul in the face in that lousy attic,

he said "as a cousin (in korean 동생 dong seng meaning younger ) u shld inform us when u find her. that's what u shld do"

yeah! now, i remember! that shin celebrated his berdey first then later, yul's berdey!!! it was the same year but different month!

ahahahah my brain is already functioning! thanks girl for the clarification!!!

Guest andie

for those who wanted the translations to the NG of the couch scene...

Thanks sunyuh! Been waiting for the translations for this NG! I had a feeling YEH was adlibbing her lines since the scene was so different from what they showed in episode 23. To see JJH erupting into laughter and even giggling in the middle of his lines is sooo cute! Man this is one great NG! :D Onscreen chemistry is very much understandable, but this chemistry offscreen is real PLUS! :blush: I just love JJH and YEH! :D Makes me realize how much I missing Goong... :(

Guest bluenitesky

Can sum1 explain to me wat was so funny about the part when yul was helping CG walk and then when she fall Shin help and she said sumthing and then ... yeah

Guest Aidans

i could not resist to watch all the rest of the drama. no sub yet so i was kinda lost. any one know what happens to Yul and his mother when they disappear in the bright light? why does Chaegyung go oversea and re-marry to Shin? AHhhh can't wait for the sub >_______<

The second marriage is their "real marriage" cause the first was not of their will and was an arranged marriage. The second marriage is because they really loved each other.

;) CG went overseas because she was er, pretty much kicked out of the royal palace. To protect the royals from all the scandal talk going around. Dunno about Yul and his mother, but I think they just disappeared off into the vast world to go on living as they were before they came back to Korea.

Can sum1 explain to me wat was so funny about the part when yul was helping CG walk and then when she fall Shin help and she said sumthing and then ... yeah

I understand Korean and all, but I had a bit of trouble understanding that scene too. Maybe it's because I didn't understand it fully that I thought it wasn't funny. Well, here's my take:

Shin (JJH) was supposed to watch CG walk off with a ":( omg"-severe look, I think. Shin knew he screwed up, so when the director said cut, he said "I'll do it again." Also, I think CG was supposed to look all wilted and ill, but when she was glancing at Shin as she walked off, didn't look it. The speak bubble coming from Shin says "Looked too healthy!"

If I'm wrong, correct me please!

Guest usyagitntn

jenna, i love that part too!!! hahaha~ the poor guy mustve been wrestling with his brains jst trying to come up with answers to what yeh was saying..im still wondering WHY she chose to say all that stuff..and WHY she untied his tie like that :w00t: hahaha~ see! they shudnt be giving us all these stuff to drool over..it drives me nuts!!!

That line cracked me up too, she's asking him to untie his tie so he has two choices: say yes and do it ( then it'd probably turn out like in the "stripping" scene in ep 18 where Shin said that why Cg was still afraid of changing her clothes in front of him) but now it's Shin's turn to do it and YEH would be the one covering her eyes in this NG :lol: ( but I doubt they would show that if it happened :sweatingbullets: )

Or say no and YEH would probably keep pestering him until the director says cut :lol: . That was the best Goong NG I've ever watched :w00t: and the kiss is so long too. I think YEH said all that stuffs because she wanted to make JJH embarrassed or she's just going along with the romantic mood they're already in :phew: One thing I have to say is that they should be giving us more stuffs like this to drool over not hiding it, it helps me with my Goong withdrawal symptoms, 4 more months and then we'll see some stuffs about Goong season 2 :w00t:

Guest FoxxiDork85

I was glancing over some old episodes, and I keep on seeing this "nose" touching thing. I, actually, saw it in other Korean Dramas, but I never questioned it until now. You know, when CG was in the closet, while Shin was outside buck nakded, she licked her fingers then touched her nose. What does that mean? I mean, I 'm not too savvy about Korean Culture, so I take it as she's checking if she's dreaming or not? hmmm Unno ^.^

I was glancing over some old episodes, and I keep on seeing this "nose" touching thing. I, actually, saw it in other Korean Dramas, but I never questioned it until now. You know, when CG was in the closet, while Shin was outside buck nakded, she licked her fingers then touched her nose. What does that mean? I mean, I 'm not too savvy about Korean Culture, so I take it as she's checking if she's dreaming or not? hmmm Unno ^.^

i'm no expert in korean culture too but i asked this b4 and was told it's something they do cuz they believe it will relieve pins & needles ie. numbness in the body. so i equate it to how some people physically touch wooden objects and say "touch wood" when they dun want a particular unwished for event to happen.

Guest cheli001

(cg starts taking off the tie)

shin: (stops her) can't.

cg: you kissed me first.

(shin starts laughing)

cg: why you laughing?

shin: (makes the noise with his mouth to stop)

cg: fine, you take it off.

sunyuh, thanks for the translation!!!!

hahahaha :lol::lol::lol: yeh is so funny! our prince probably got tensed... he's probably thinking, oh no... how am i suppose to react?! hahaha! they're soo cute!

yeh's sure had fun teasing jjh, just look at her smile while undoing jjh's tie. hahaha.

Guest vignette

How can I enter a rehab for my Goong withdrawal if I see NG's like the latest one. Seems it's payback time for JJH for that torrid kiss that's why CG said those adlibs. What could have been his reply if they were off camera :phew::sweatingbullets:

Thank you so much sunyuh!!! Those boys loved to slap YEH hard whenever she NGed :lol:

There is news that she'll be back to korea at 11th. and at 15th, she will take part in Andre King(a famous designer in korea)'s fashion show held for philanthropy with another famous man star. (translation from http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/broad..._right_TOPIC=R8. translated by hopelisa, our soompi member. thank you... :) )

What about JJH??? :D

I thought both of the leads from famous k-dramas usually participate in Andre's show?? I hope YEH & JJH will both participate in that show... :)

Hahah, I'm content to think that she said all that stuff because they're both hopelessly in love with each other. :lol: That was seriously the best NG I've ever watched of Goong... You can tell that they've gotten much more comfortable with each other, compared to the earlier NG's where they'd just be like "sorry" to the PD and then retake it. Now, they're actually LAUGHING with each other, haha. It makes me all giddy. xD.

Guest ikesan

the subs are not out yet...you are not da only one wanting da subs....please be patient....da subbing team are working hard on it...

heres where da subs are officially released at....

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27691

you can also check here on this thread...

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45376

i posted this yesterday..heres da updates on da subs so far...

Goong/ Princess Hours

Episode 18: Released

Episode 19: Released

Episode 20: Translation: 80% Done

Episode 21: Translation: 60% Done

Episode 22: Translation: 50% Done

Episode 23: Translation: 50% Done

Episode 24: Pending

Thanks a lot for the subbing team. Without you all, i wont be able to enjoy Goong.. ! I feel very lucky to be able to watch it :rolleyes:

By the way, wot is NG? Is it an official release, another episode of Goong, or is it just a fan made mv? Thanks.. :P

hello people. i know we are all excited about the Ngs and the rumoured bali love trip but this is not a conversation thread ya?

If you are conveyin pls use the PM function and think about how this largest thread in soompi is taking a toll on soompi's server ya?

Pls make your posts count. and I notice that there are alot of ONE liners.

and you all ask me what is One liners.

it simply means ONE meaningless sentence like :

OK i see that

or

I really watch goong alot.

Pls try not to post one sentence like that. think of soompi's server..

i think the thread is taking a toll on the server so PLs. do not convey in the thread.

and also do not quote a HUGE chunk of sentence and reply with 1 or 2 sentences.

just highlight the sentences which u wanna make a reference to.

and also.. do not quote pictures, delete the IMG tags and leave behind the url link only.

this can help save the bandwidth for the uploader and the server. ok? thx

and i will lessen my post as well. i posted like 1 post in 2 days. lOlx.. notice that most of the regulars dun post unless necessary. i hope you peepz do the same thing

we want to maintain the thread till the start of the filming in august and all the way till feb =D

photo_256_1_1_no_15853_1.jpg

Guest joeknee

CONCERNING the topic about our favorite scenes/moments:

Off the top of my head, my favorite MAJOR scene is the one in episode 23 where CG runs after SHIN's car and they HUG. That was so sweet and it just really showed how much they loved each other without sayin much.

Now some favorite MINOR scenes: The one in episode 12 or 13 after CG goes into SHIN's office and asks about HYORIN the richard simmons (please excuse my language), and SHIN says, "Don't be sad about those pictures [or box, i forget, but the one CG found]" and then he says, "It would feel empty [without CG] :D". I don't know if you guys get what I'm talking about, my explaining skills suck :blush:.

Next MINOR scene: Where they're by the beach with the GREAT QUEEN and SHIN sings the song wrong and turns his back against the car door, and then CG smacks him dead on the back :P. I thought that was so cute cuz they seem so comfortable with each other.

Next MINOR scene: Episode 14 or 15 after that convo they had about the 2500 years later thing on that bench at night. I really liked when they were threatening to throw rocks at each other and one of them was like, "Let's die together! :lol:" I love that.

AND last MINOR scene, for now: In episode 17 when they're eating with all their friends and CG feeds SHIN that lettuce wrap. And also when one of SHIN's friends mentions how much he's become more gentle and CG was like, "It's all because of Shin CG :D". BWAHAHHAH CHYEAAHHH!!!

Archived