[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

just read from baidu that

PD huang saying that he wants to work

with ISJ ... the one who acted in MISA ...

if i m not wrong ... sorry if the name wrong but

it's the actress in MISA ...

i like her alot while watching the drama

and also in movies ...

oops out of topic ...

so curious that why are he saying this

at this time ... don't tell me going to get her

for Goong 2 ...

oops ... althought i like her ...

but i think viewers will compare her with EH ...

which i wouldn't like to see it ...

it's unfair for both great actresses ...

so really hope it wouldn't have anything to do

with the Goong 2 ...

just only his own thoughts ...

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jhing

so, does anyone know yet if YEH and JJH are coming back for Goong2? :D They must come back or am not watching Goong2. :lol:

Guest farmerdork

i havent finished the drama, but i want to know if chaegyung and shin were together at the end and if shin gave up the title of crowned prince and did his father die. yeah, i know its strange to ask when i havent finished it, but for some weird reason i like to know what happens at the end of the drama because i hate surprises.

Guest lavender*sshi

Goshness! I had just finished watching GOONG! :P And I really really like it soooo much! The ending was so good that it made me think another Goong will follow.. Like CG having a baby?? Hahaha! Isn't that great??

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/006414.html

...As an avid Sageuk fan, I have to admit the first few episodes of this show were quite fascinating, and some of the best performances in a while from the veterans made it all the more interesting. Then, of course, problems started. MBC, hungry for anything resembling a ratings increase, stuck with the show a little too long, adding 4 unnecessary episodes which only ended up stretching a script that had already serious pacing problems.

And now they're even giving us a Season 2, as clearly they will never get tired of ratings between the 25 and 30%. This gap to fill, these extra 4 episodes made the show hard to stand, not only because the story was simply going nowhere (and, quite frankly, moving from the initial interesting premise to the usual Trendy Drama cliches, this time with a Palace setting), but also because the putrid acting of the main trio (especially an almost embarrassingly bland Kim Jung-Hoon) made things even worse. Nothing happening here has any impact, you can hardly care about the characters, and sometimes you'd wish some more focus was spent on the 'ancillary' characters: the best scenes of the show involve Chae-Kyung's interaction with her family, and the political intrigue surrounding the Royal Family's problematic past, with Kim Hye-Ja and Park Chan-Hwan in particularly splendid form...

I just finished this series and I liked this drama - overall. It was entertaining. However, I think this series could have been done with lesser episodes than 24. Like what others commented here, there were scenes which were not needed. Also, I do have some questions and if somebody here would be kind enough to enlighten me (I am not sure if the subtitles I got are correct :D

1) In the last scene in the final episode where Shin & Chagyung got married, she almost puked and they hinted about having a baby. In what scene or episode did they sleep together and "something" happened? I think I missed that scene.

2) After they were made to sleep together, how come they still had separate bedrooms?

I actually got anxious watching this series considering it was already clear that they both love each other, but just kept on having misunderstandings. I hope the writer and director had more scenes showing how they love each other. I hope I did not offend anyone here. These are just opinions.

1) she said in goong 1.5 it was because of something bad she ate

2) they were underaged i think

Guest lualm

for Goong 2 ...

with the Goong 2 ...

hi...i read that too from baidu...but people there said he didnt specify which drama he was pertaining to...if there's an actress he'd like to work with, it will be im soo jung...but he didnt say it will be in goong 2.

ailin*...we dont know which is which but i read from ent.sina that yeh's management has expressed willingness for her to come back to goong 2 if she will be asked to.

Guest ivylive

I like Im Soo Jung, one of the first korean actress I admire but not really gotten addicted too. I can't really see her acting in a show like Goong because most of the films and drama I've seen her with is very serious and she is really a great actress with a lot of depth. I can't really picture her in a cutesy role like CG.

I hope that the producers would be finally make a statement on what will happen to the sequel because a lot of the reports and speculations from the media is making my head spin. It's like being in a roller coaster ride pretty much like what I felt when I was watching the drama itself. Sometimes you hear good news like the main cast being confrimed to be back and then another day you read articles like one cast member not confirming. Wish they tell us the news so we will know what to expect and we could either mourn for the bad news or pop up champagne for the good news.

I really hate it when I get addicted to a drama that I sometimes wish the next one would come along so I could let go of this one already.

Sorry for the rant...

Guest ivylive

I think that the producers already made up their mind or has already a plan to maintain all cast but wants to see fan reactions. Another thing that keeps me hoping that I will see all of them back even not on the drama itself is that the three of them still need to promote this series in other parts of Asia. I think it will be weird when they show it in other Asian countries and then a new set of actors would be hired to on the sequel. The continuity factor would not be the same unless of course they would make a different story with the same backdraft but comparison would still be there.

i havent finished the drama, but i want to know if chaegyung and shin were together at the end and if shin gave up the title of crowned prince and did his father die. yeah, i know its strange to ask when i havent finished it, but for some weird reason i like to know what happens at the end of the drama because i hate surprises.

They still together until the very end. Shin did gave up the throne and his father is alive. Hope it won't spoil too much for you since you haven't finished watching. Happy watching!

I hope they'll us more about Goong 2 soon and who're going to be in in and what's the story. So many news not sure if they all true or not.

hello..

please vote for goong... in this site

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70585&st=

now goong just left behind the other dramas

thank you...

Guest xosweetie

wait sorry, i jsut can't find it where someone said there was goign to be a goong 2.

Is that true? Cause the director pretty much answered all questions in the ending.I don't see why he would need to make goong 2. If it's with diff. actors/actresses, i would hate it. I love teh chemistry between shin goon and the other girl.

Guest psychoanalyst

where can i watch goong 1.5..??

are you serious ? it`s in the first post ... there aren`t any subs .. but she did provide the link to the page where someone DID give the translations ... but only to some parts of goong 1.5

huh?wad are all of ur all talking abt?

we talkin bout whether the news is recent or not...en is it true or not...bout YEH confirm to comeback on Goong2

if i m not wrong ... sorry if the name wrong but

it's the actress in MISA ...

i like her alot while watching the drama

and also in movies ...

oops out of topic ...

for Goong 2 ...

with the Goong 2 ...

WEll i think ISJ is cute, i like her....I know she culd play the role so well...but the image of CG=YEH....if they replaced her...it wont be the same anymore..also the chemistry with JJH....but who knows

Guest MiGkYo

I think that the producers already made up their mind or has already a plan to maintain all cast but wants to see fan reactions. Another thing that keeps me hoping that I will see all of them back even not on the drama itself is that the three of them still need to promote this series in other parts of Asia. I think it will be weird when they show it in other Asian countries and then a new set of actors would be hired to on the sequel. The continuity factor would not be the same unless of course they would make a different story with the same backdraft but comparison would still be there.

^ i totaLL agree w/ u.... i don't think they will replace the casts. They don't nesssarary need to replace the cast unless the casts themselves are busy for the role. I think it takes time to gather all the casts back together since they Goong is a hit and all actors/actresses are gaining popularity - everyone is busy w/ their own stuff... so i am not surprised the casts for Goong 2 is not announced yet. Just hopefully they make a good choice and good story for Goong 2... ;)

Is Goong airing everywhere in Asia?!??!

I know HK is... what other countries? :phew:

Guest LoH_Ter

sub plots or side stories add spice to the drama :)

it might hv little relevance to the whole story of goong but these are the little scenes that make the drama more light hearted at the end where shin & cg were fighting too much and cg was crying all the time and stupid yul was trying to brainwash cg...

a successful drama is not only made up of leading casts, supporting roles who play out the sub plots are equally important. i can't imagine a drama where the supporting casts only appeared whenever the leading cast is present too.. :phew: and doesn't get their own rightful volume of airtime.

I agree with you about sub plots and side stories...they provide us with some refreshing breaks from the main story, and give us the feeling that the world doesn't revolve around just these people.

My favorite sub plot was in MNIKSS, with the big sister and head cook exchanging witty banter pretty much all the time. But, erm, before I deviate...

I actually enjoyed the "swan" side story. I thought it was kind of cute and funny. But then it turned out feeling horribly contrived when the guy who discovers the "swan" was like, "In dramas, the guy is usually rich and good looking, and the girl is not-so-looking with a really good personality. But 'swan' (sorry, dont know her name) has a good personality AND looks to boot." Then CG is reminded of her own situation, stops what she's doing, sighs tiredly, and leaves with a "someone pity me and follow me" expression on her face. And the swan follows her to comfort CG. At that moment, it felt like that whole scene was constructed to lead up to this moment, when CG gets to cry about her situation to the swan. And it left a bad taste in my mouth, as if everything is supposed to revolve around CG and Shin. The scene came out completely contrived at the end because it was clearly made to lead up to CG very noticeably leaving the room when the conversation reminds her of what she's going through so the swan can follow her and listen to her troubles...

I noticed that the scenes involving the guy and the swan were usually used as lead-ins into scenes involving the main characters (like CG getting comforted by the swan). I like sub-plots (like in MNIKSS) that aren't used as devices for the main characters to take over...I don't even consider these sub-plots.

Archived