[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

CG definitely deserves the pain for all her idioitc past actions until now. I guess all this pain is her rite of passage but i really dont think i want to watch all of it.

Im not too crazy about all the upcoming episodes and like rainbow and liquidfir mentioned, im starting to lose hope in the drama. I thought it was supposed to be romance comedy, hopefully the PDs and scriptwriters can redeem themselves for the last 2 episodes because im not looking forward to watching this week episodes at all.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not too crazy about all the upcoming episodes and like rainbow and liquidfir mentioned, im starting to lose hope in the drama. I thought it was supposed to be romance comedy, hopefully the PDs and scriptwriters can redeem themselves for the last 2 episodes because im not looking forward to watching this week episodes at all.

agree bella. it started out as a romance comedy but it's getting too depressing for me now. sigh. watching the earlier episodes of goong used to give me so much fun and laughter. but the last 2 episodes, it only managed to make me feel depressed. actually ep 20 was quite good but i kinda expected that ep 21 will be hell episode so it did not give me much joy.

But i'm staying to finish the ride, it's just 4 more episodes. How bad can it get huh? :sweatingbullets:

Edit -

Guess if the ending is a sad ending, it can get even worse than now. :tears:

shin should just admit his feelings once and for all... i mean if he told cg his feelings in the first place, i don't think this things would be happening right now.... cg wouldn't be confuse, and yul wouldn't be able to continue brainwashing cg... since she has heard from shin himself that he really does love her.. but the thing is, shin did not admit such thing, and now cg is so confused to the point that she is making the wrong decisions and hurting shin in the process as well....

i'm still hoping for a happy ending... please give us a happy ending.. we've had so many sad episodes already.. can't they make the last one nice...

EPISODE 20 YSI LINKS

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...3entry1999643

credits to sophendo :)

REMINDER: We are not allowed to ask for uploads anymore.. please pm the person who provided the link.... they might close our thread if we do... as for the subs, don't ask for subs.. they delay the release of the subs if we continue to ask for it.. please be patient... read the first post before posting

Guest samtly

after that preview, i think i m going to give this week a miss again. i will have to re watch epi 15 and 16 again for another week. pls after all the torture epi let the ending be a great bang

Several pages back someone posted that b/c at the beginning the writers focused so much on putting comical scenes in between Shin and CG, they kind of lost their way in actually DEVELOPING A RELATIONSHIP between the two characters. I really really agree with this thought. I also can't really feel that they've fallen in love with each other. I think the writers kind of lost their way a bit.

It's also been mentioned that in the manhwa it is MUCH clearer that Shin has feelings for his wife, that he almost fell for her at first site, that the Hyorin character is not as predominant, and that Yul is pretty much "evil" and manipulative from the start. Again, I think that in adapting the book to TV the writers went off course by trying to mold the manhwa characters into your 'typical' K-drama love-quadrangle. They made Yul more sensitive at the start thus making us sympathetic to him, but then he suddenly takes a non-sensical turn into being an irrational twit. Hyorin also inserts herself so much that we can't tell where Shin's love really is directed, and CG is just so babo... sigh... well, hope no one gets mad, but I think the writing turned really weak in the second half of the series.

Also, regarding Kim JungHoon wanting his character of Yul to die at the end. A couple thoughts: one, maybe he doesn't want to do the second season, and two, maybe he figures there's no way for his character to have a happy ending, so he might as well go out dramatically!

Several pages back someone posted that b/c at the beginning the writers focused so much on putting comical scenes in between Shin and CG, they kind of lost their way in actually DEVELOPING A RELATIONSHIP between the two characters. I really really agree with this thought. I also can't really feel that they've fallen in love with each other. I think the writers kind of lost their way a bit.

It's also been mentioned that in the manhwa it is MUCH clearer that Shin has feelings for his wife, that he almost fell for her at first site, that the Hyorin character is not as predominant, and that Yul is pretty much "evil" and manipulative from the start. Again, I think that in adapting the book to TV the writers went off course by trying to mold the manhwa characters into your 'typical' K-drama love-quadrangle. They made Yul more sensitive at the start thus making us sympathetic to him, but then he suddenly takes a non-sensical turn into being an irrational twit. Hyorin also inserts herself so much that we can't tell where Shin's love really is directed, and CG is just so babo... sigh... well, hope no one gets mad, but I think the writing turned really weak in the second half of the series.

Also, regarding Kim JungHoon wanting his character of Yul to die at the end. A couple thoughts: one, maybe he doesn't want to do the second season, and two, maybe he figures there's no way for his character to have a happy ending, so he might as well go out dramatically!

usually alot of actors want their characters to die because its more dramatic, they are remembered more and they can display the waterworks. i agree with you that the writing fell off in the second half because everything else got jumbled in with the politics and second love stories. i think that it is possible that everything can be tied together though in the end. of course this comes with careful story editing and perhaps CG shows that she is actually MATURE instead of acting like a naive twit all the time.

Although someone else mentioned this before but where in the manga does it show that Shin fell for CG at first site, because i certainly didnt see it.

I thought it was more of a gradual love than anything else although the concept of love at first sight is more romantic. I definitely didnt see it in the drama nor the manga so can you point it out for me?

Although someone else mentioned this before but where in the manga does it show that Shin fell for CG at first site, because i certainly didnt see it.

I thought it was more of a gradual love than anything else although the concept of love at first sight is more romantic. I definitely didnt see it in the drama nor the manga so can you point it out for me?

hmm... I haven't read the manhwa, so I can't really say. Maybe I mis-read someone else's post, but I thought someone who'd read the books wrote earlier that Shin falls for CG kind of at first sight in the book.

However, in the drama, personally I can't see that he loves her at all. Just me. I know we're *supposed to* believe he loves her b/c of some of the little things he does for her, and because he gets jealous, but in that I feel more like there's heavy-handed writing/manipulation of the viewers, rather than actually SEEING it come off the screen. That's one of my frustrations I mentioned some time ago: in many other dramas I've watched even before the characters admit their love, you can still sense it. You can see in the way they look at each other (recently "My Girl" did this very well, as did MNIKSS). With Shin and CG I feel nothing. And I wonder if this is just immaturity in the actors.

Guest laceytam

hi un423524

thanks for the wonderful clip

do you have more clips from this show???

or there is only this part with goong soundtrack??

Guest Muddie Murda

holy crap, you guys discuss so well.

I feel ya...but like...maybe it's too early for me to sense it? I just finished epi 12...and I feel nothing between the two. =\ I saw the preview for epi 13 at the end of epi 12, and it doesn't make me want to watch the next epi.

I hope this kdrama doesn't dissappoint you guys because you guys came such a long way.

Guest un423524

hi un423524

thanks for the wonderful clip

do you have more clips from this show???

or there is only this part with goong soundtrack??

Hello~

sorry~I don't have more clips from this show.

I find 【宮】現場演奏版 in other webside.

I think only this part with goong soundtrack.

Because I see only this clip in Korea Yahoo. :rolleyes:

Angeline- thanks for the FUNNY parody poster! I love it! I love YUL's facial expression and the pic that is ripped of them~ LOL!

Also, my friend and I were talking about GOONG and she said that YUL'S DAD IS NOT DEAD! I was like WAIT, WHAT! I mean then like who knows that he's alive, She SAID that only a few ppl. know! I don't know how accurate this is BUT wouldn't it b a great like TWIST even more! Adding more suspense and :excl: :o:crazy::blink: :tongue2: :w00t: to the drama!

I think.. if yul dad is not dead then where would he have been all these years?

maybe it is a rumor? ur friend said a few people know this? does she work in mbc?

but if his dad is not dead... his dad can tell the secrets of wad did happen . the past is a mystery

Guest lovedrama

Here's the ysi link to my new mv for those who wants it

---> http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0FS7VXX...X53V36F78QW9H86

and here's Jessie's new poems for everyone:

You may think I'm playing around,

But my heart is here to stay.

You may think I'm just another girl,

But this girl will soon get her way.

You could run you may hide,

You can even say goodbye,

But I'll hold on, keep running,

Till you have me in your eyes.

Boy, it's strange how love just wants to roll,

Between us, we kept playing the game push and pull.

It's either I turned or you make a move to go,

But in the end we'll make up as our feelings started to grow.

Boy, it's funny sometimes when I think about it,

How I would give up my image just to reach it.

Sometimes I'll see myself crying in the rain,

Shedding thousands of tears and feeling the pain.

I'm going crazy feeling the fire burning inside,

How I can still think, pray, and wish over a guy.

You may think I'm a fool, but my heart is true,

Got to love to believe what love can go through.

It can take up the sky, it can take up the sea,

Bring me up, bring me down, and still have you in me.

I might not suit you well not the one you want tonight,

But who knows one day if I believe I'll make it right.

So baby without a word turn around and open your eyes,

You'll see I'm the one that always stood by your sides.

Jessie said she wrote this based on cg's feelings in the beginning so all goong lovers...lets cross our fingers and pray that she still keeps these feelings deep in her heart for shin! :praying: :rolleyes:

edit: honestly even though i love yul alot...part of me kinda hope he dies...get him out of the pic or sumt and let mo-toot have a sudden slap of reality on the things and stupid pressure she forced on her young son. Well...I'm off to bed everyone...goongnight and sweet dreamz! Keep the hopes up everyone...after all sweetness always comes after pain and good wins all evil : i hope...hehe:

Wow, Jess is so talented. :P

Guest DallasE

Wallie for Eppy 19.

Poor Shin Goon, there's just no placating the wife and they had another argument over Hyorin after Shin tried

to apologize for his action. CG accused Shin that he probably wouldn't handle the situation the same way in the

case of Hyorin???

Yul Goon didn't help matter when he revealed to Halmamama that he was happy he had the chance to

declare his feelings to THE ONE!!

While shin said he didn't exactly enjoyed the party and was upset as one of the "friends" went overboard.

His request to CG to keep her distance from Yul was met with defiant.

19B_001.jpg

19B_002.jpg

19B_003.jpg

19B_005.jpg

19B_007.jpg

19B_008.jpg

19B_011.jpg

19B_012.jpg

19B_013.jpg

19B_014.jpg

All credits to LAPAMPAM

Guest lovedrama

thank u for the links..although i never read the manhwa before, i think im gonna do so now jst to ease the frustration of their many love spats :lol: thanks agen~ ;)

Thanks Telly. :D

Guest DallasE

19B_015.jpg

19B_016.jpg

ChaeGyung doubting her ability to continue living in the palace for Shin.

19B_018.jpg

19B_019.jpg

19B_020.jpg

19B_021.jpg

19B_025.jpg

19B_028.jpg

Am I really that self-centered? And Hyorin encouraged him to let CG in on his heart.

1142685114_19B_027.jpg

1142685006_19B_026.jpg

oh my GAWD, you took the words outta my mouth. would you like to write editorials for my site?? :D

it's obvious jjh and yeh have to act like they like each other now, but you really can tell that it's awkward for them (minus the beginning of ep 16, which is the only part where i really felt they were actually comfortable together). all those comical scenes at the beginning of the series didn't establish chemistry, they just established... well, comedy. parallel that to all the chemistry she had with yul (damn, i miss those nice talks on benches and reading books under trees) and you really get a sense that the writers went this way and that way and then finally said, ok, cue the main couple, regardless of the fact that we've developed more chemistry for them with two OTHER people. i remember asking theed at the end of ep 9, are you SURE this series is about cg and shin?

so i think that threw most of us off, and hence why we're all here at ep 20 going, ok, we don't know who the heck to like anymore.

Guest DallasE

This is a sad scene when CG was unable to openly seek comfort from

the person who hurt her (her husband) but had to seek solace in his hideaway.

It's sad when two people in love couldn't see beyond their bruised pride and hurt feelings.

When she turned around at this scene, I was really hoping to see Shin behind her, but as it is,

that would be too good to be true.

19B_033.jpg

19B_034.jpg

19B_035.jpg

19B_036.jpg

Finding out his faithless daddy's dirty secret.

19B_037.jpg

19B_038.jpg

19B_039.jpg

19B_040.jpg

19B_041.jpg

All credits to LAPAMPAM

i know this may sound really random...

but does anyone know where i can get contact information for NOT the cast of goong, but the staff of goong (like director, camerman, etc)

How about contacting the production company Eight Peaks http://www.eightpeaks.co.kr/au_o.html? You could ask to speak to the person your dad knows.

Telly, thanks for the manhwa scanlations :) .

My contribution to prevent this from being a convo reply :P

Gung Ep 9 Thailand BTS.avi (8653 KB) Download

Gung Ep 8 BTS.avi Download

Archived