[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest Telly

how am i going to print out the test? i tried doing it but its coming out weird...copied and pasted it onto paint but that didnt work either. hmmm any suggestions?

hrmm, you can try what dnkt suggested =)

if those still don't work, do you have photoshop or adobe acrobat? =D

you can always PM me if you need more help <3

welcome to Yul camp.... Telly will be happy to see more of Yul camp.... Kiss CG beside the mouth, then not only Shin will punch Yul, all the Shin campers here will fly to korea n punch Yul :P:P

oh yes, ROSE is right! yul campers are ALWAYS welcome, 24/7 =D

i will heal all of yul's bruises and wounds, so don't be too harsh on him, shin campers =p

I want to take the Goong test too but i can't understand a word on it T______T hopefully we get some parts translated tomorrow:D .I think it'd be a good idea to refresh our memory with this test next year when the second season of Goong will be aired. All our die-hard Goongians should get 100% on that test :lol:

hahahahaha, like a season finale exam, eh? =p haha, if only i could get a high school credit for watching goong, moohahahaha =D

Telly, dear, that last pic of Shin and the Gong Neshi...Shin looks so dashing! Just like a Prince.

oohweee, JESS! =D

shin does look like a royal prince! and his posture in that picture is superb! he's not slouching, hehehe =)

i especially love his necktie, it looks really royal =p

p.s. everyone! download jess's MV's, they're the bomb =) they're as hot as hotcakes, moohahaha

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there. Im a southern CA newbie and just started watching the series 2 weeks ago. My opinion on what Ive read so far on this board: it seems like CG's Cinderella and YUL is the prince. I didnt buy the obvious reference to Cinderella when Shin picked up CG's shoes and put it on her. This seems like a superficial reference. I think in episode 2 where CG was taking off her gym pants, Yul picked it up and he seemed like he wanted to give it back to her but couldnt because she ran off before he was able to. The gym pants seemed like a modern version of the shoes. The pants were CG's trademark, like the glass slippers were Cinderella's. Yul had the pants in his possession and didnt know the mysterious girl it belonged to. He was finally able to give it back to her after he found her. Personally, I'll be kind of dissappointed if CG ends up with Shin. They only started falling for each other because they lived so close to each other and were forced to be together all the time. If the show ends with CG and Shin together, its like telling us that the whole true love-soul mate thing doesnt exist. It'll also tell us that what you learned in psychology is true, that love isnt really magical. It just develops because youre close to another a lot and experienced the same things together. You become connected through the experiences you share. Basically you end up with that companion type of love.

Deep down, I just believe that Shin and Hyorin are soulmates, and so are CG and Yul. By fate breaking them up, we just witness how cruel fate is.

By the way, I think Yul will be a better king. He's not as dense or prone to anger as Shin, and he's able to be patient, control his temper, and think of strategies to get his goals accomplished. Its not like he did anything truly evil such as finding ways to make Shin die accidentally. Yul had his limits. I remember what one of you guys wrote about Yul's reaction to his mother's plotting. I think it was something like Yul wanted the crown to come to him, that he didnt want to take it by force and hurt anyone in the process.

Ive been watching Korean dramas for a while, and the shows Ive seen always have an odd couple ending up together in the end. If Goong follow this trend, then CG will end up with Shin. Shin will probably give up his crown to Yul. I remember that you guys said that the first thing Yul said he would change in the palace was to stop arranged marriages. Since he said this, he would probably keep his word and release CG from her "contract". But then after doing this, he would ask CG if she would marry him out of her own free will, and CG would probably decline and go off with Shin leaving Yul broken hearted, but at least with the crown. Shin did say that he didnt want to confine his love to a caged existence in the palace. If he gives up the crown, then he and CG can fly away and explore the world together. This is where Goong deviates from the Cinderella ending. Its like Cinderella ran off with the Prince's cousin because she became close to the cousin first. So this show will end up like a warning to guys, telling guys to not take too long when pursuing love. :D *hehe*

Thats it for now...

^_^

-Ai

Guest uberquirkiness

Hi there. Im a southern CA newbie and just started watching the series 2 weeks ago. My opinion on what Ive read so far on this board: it seems like CG's Cinderella and YUL is the prince. I didnt buy the obvious reference to Cinderella when Shin picked up CG's shoes and put it on her. This seems like a superficial reference. I think in episode 2 where CG was taking off her gym pants, Yul picked it up and he seemed like he wanted to give it back to her but couldnt because she ran off before he was able to. The gym pants seemed like a modern version of the shoes. The pants were CG's trademark, like the glass slippers were Cinderella's. Yul had the pants in his possession and didnt know the mysterious girl it belonged to. He was finally able to give it back to her after he found her. Personally, I'll be kind of dissappointed if CG ends up with Shin. They only started falling for each other because they lived so close to each other and are forced to be together all the time. If the show ends with CG and Shin together, its like telling us that the whole true love-soul mate thing doesnt exist. It'll also tell us that what you learned in psychology is true, that love isnt really magical. It just develops because youre close to another a lot and experienced the same things together. You become connected through the experiences you share. Basically you end up with that companion type of love.

Deep down, I just believe that Shin and Hyorin are soulmates, and so are CG and Yul. By fate breaking them up, we just witness how cruel fate is.

By the way, I think Yul will be a better king. He's not as dense or prone to anger as Shin, and he's able to be patient, control his temper, and think of strategies to get his goals accomplished. Its not like he did anything truly evil such as finding ways to make Shin die accidentally. Yul had his limits. I remember what one of you guys wrote about Yul's reaction to his mother's plotting. I think it was something like Yul wanted the crown to come to him, that he didnt want to take it by force and hurt anyone in the process.

Ive been watching Korean dramas for a while, and the shows Ive seen always have an odd couple ending up together in the end. If Goong follow this trend, then CG will end up with Shin. Shin will probably give up his crown to Yul. I remember that you guys said that the first thing Yul would change in the palace was to stop arranged marriages. Since he said this, he would probably keep his word and release CG from her "contract". But then after doing this, he would ask CG if she would marry him out of her own free will, and CG would probably decline and go off with Shin leaving Yul broken hearted, but at least with the crown. This is where Goong deviates from the Cinderella ending. Its like Cinderella ran off with the Prince's cousin because she became close to the cousin first. So this show will end up like a warning to guys, telling guys to not take too long when pursuing love. :D *hehe*

Thats all for now...

^_^

-Ai

well...i think you should finish watching the rest of the series.. haha (though good insight)... yul says that he wants to snatch the crown away from shin, and not wait until shin steps away from it because yul wants shin to suffer like yul did 14 years ago when the crown was snatched away from yul.. yeahhhhh..

i do understand what you said about that companion sort of love. really anyone can fall in love with anyone through close encounters (well..almost anyone...excluding michael jackson (he's not even human!) i personally think that shin would be a better prince/king than yul because yul is jealous and he wants to turn the constitutional monarchy into a full blown absolute monarchy, which can be very dangerous. though yul appears to be soft-spoken and gentler, he is rather selfish--unlike shin who tries to please the korean people. but i like both guys. eh heh heh heh ... BUT i think gongju mama should rule. . . she'd be great..she's so lax and gentle, but wise at her young age.

can't wait for the next eps. :D

Guest Telly

it seems like CG's Cinderella and YUL is the prince. I didnt buy the obvious reference to Cinderella when Shin picked up CG's shoes and put it on her. This seems like a superficial reference. I think in episode 2 where CG was taking off her gym pants, Yul picked it up and he seemed like he wanted to give it back to her but couldnt because she ran off before he was able to. The gym pants seemed like a modern version of the shoes. The pants were CG's trademark, like the glass slippers were Cinderella's. Yul had the pants in his possession and didnt know the mysterious girl it belonged to. He was finally able to give it back to her after he found her.

oh wow, i've never really thought of it that way. but thinking back, yul and chae gyung have this connection, too. if only she thought of him as more than just a 'friend' =)

i'm pretty sure the director has great things planned for yul--he deserves it! =D

by the way, WELCOME to the thread! i'm looking forward to more of your posts <3

Guest rineco

well - since there's gonna be season 2 (which i personally don't agree too - might turn out to be something like Meteor Garden 2) the ending might be half hanging.... I really don't like this type of ending..... always loved happy ending.. sigh.. hope the writer and director won't disappoint us fans by some crap ending!

Guest rose7969

Telly, dear, that last pic of Shin and the Gong Neshi...Shin looks so dashing! Just like a Prince.

I uploaded these for someone and didn't want them to go to waste so here are links to my first two mvs I made a while ago...for those of you who don't have it yet and for those of you who can't dl mega links...enjoy...will upload my new one soon.

MV 1: (Perhaps Love) http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=15AGAVY...PH1IJIR1W789N4N

MV 2: (Dang Shieun Nanun Babo Ibnida)

http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0SRVKXD...R31SXY224IOJ3GV

:D

armanigurl, snip away! Good luck!

thank you telly for the MV..I'm now joining all of you compile all the things pertaining to goong. I guess i will need external hardisk soonnnnnn

oh wow, i've never really thought of it that way. but thinking back, yul and chae gyung have this connection, too. if only she thought of him as more than just a 'friend' =)

i'm pretty sure the director has great things planned for yul--he deserves it! =D

by the way, WELCOME to the thread! i'm looking forward to more of your posts <3

The thing with the term of soulmates is that it can have different conotations for different people. it can be either love or friendship or anything in between. I think that HR and Shin are soulmates, yes because they can relate to each other but to call that a love match in between is something else. Maybe its because im biased towards that Shin and CG couple but like someone said awhile back, she really brought down his guard and changed for the better because of her. I think HR only commiserated with Shin and his sufferings but couldnt do anything about it. CG changed his whole way of handling his situation. That is what makes her so differnt from HR. Even he admitted himself, CG adapted to her circumstances and tried to make the best of the situation at hand, HR on the other hand would probably have been consumed by the formality of it all.

I think what Yul and CG have is what shin and HR had before, a deep friendship/

Guest Telly

well - since there's gonna be season 2 (which i personally don't agree too - might turn out to be something like Meteor Garden 2) the ending might be half hanging.... I really don't like this type of ending..... always loved happy ending.. sigh.. hope the writer and director won't disappoint us fans by some crap ending!

i have enough faith in the cast and crew to think that they won't pull a meteor garden 2 on us =p

but i would be really, really, really disgusted if they gave us an ending that involves any of the following:

- car crash

- amnesia

- 'oh it's all just chae gyung's imagination'

- some incurable disease

- any disease for that matter

- sudden death of a character

but i'll die happy if they include any of these:

- OST 2!!! featuring the cast members actually singing =D

- babies

- more babies

- same palace setting, i want more hanboks

- more screentime for the supporting cast

- romance, romance, romance =p

i'm off to sleep now, my lovelies =p good night/morning/afternoon to you all <3

p.s. ROSE, hehe those MV's were made by JESS dearest =D

p.p.s. bellaangel012, chae gyung did bring shin's guard down, but if chae gyung met or bumped into yul earlier than shin, i'd think they'd be together--so in my opinion, it's not a matter of being soulmates, really, but of timing, circumstance and situation. i mean, what if chae gyung lived with yul instead, right? =p

Guest lazibratt

How old are they?

I like YUL so much better <3. I'm on episode 4 so I might change my mind afterwards.

You know that part when yul goes "that should've been me there or something like that" I think he wants CG haha iono. But CG and them seem cute together if they ever got together.

Guest donilpark

Hi there. Im a southern CA newbie and just started watching the series 2 weeks ago. My opinion on what Ive read so far on this board: it seems like CG's Cinderella and YUL is the prince. I didnt buy the obvious reference to Cinderella when Shin picked up CG's shoes and put it on her. This seems like a superficial reference. I think in episode 2 where CG was taking off her gym pants, Yul picked it up and he seemed like he wanted to give it back to her but couldnt because she ran off before he was able to. The gym pants seemed like a modern version of the shoes. The pants were CG's trademark, like the glass slippers were Cinderella's. Yul had the pants in his possession and didnt know the mysterious girl it belonged to. He was finally able to give it back to her after he found her. Personally, I'll be kind of dissappointed if CG ends up with Shin. They only started falling for each other because they lived so close to each other and were forced to be together all the time. If the show ends with CG and Shin together, its like telling us that the whole true love-soul mate thing doesnt exist. It'll also tell us that what you learned in psychology is true, that love isnt really magical. It just develops because youre close to another a lot and experienced the same things together. You become connected through the experiences you share. Basically you end up with that companion type of love.

That's an interesting observation.

But then, Chagyeong has said about herself that she's not a Cinderella but a Simcheong.

I mean, if this drama was of the cinderella theme, then that in itself would be too obvious, regardless of what kind reference was used in the show. After all, it's a normal girl getting married to the prince. What can be more direct than that?

This drama, I see that it did try to do some things differently, most notable of which is the girl's attitude towards the boy. Contrary to what it has traditionally been, Chagyeong regards Shin as a sexual object. Episodes 7 and 18 were very obvious on this point. This is not something you see often. Showing a male sexual desire for women is somewhat more common, but the other way has not been so common nor was it as easily accepted. (My Lovely Samsoon did have this though)

This is to say that Chagyeong's not just a passive object like Cinderella is.

She doesn't become happy when she marries the prince. On the contrary, things only begin when she gets married, and it's her personal journey of growth with the final goal of taking a huge responsibility as the Empress of a nation, rather than achieving an easy happiness. Maybe my perspective comes from the fact that I place less emphasis on the love side of the events.

She is actively exploring her own path, like she said in episode 2, "It's the path I chose."

In this regard, ANY reference to Cinderella is, I would say, superficial. Be it the slipper or the gym pants, or the fact that she married the prince.

Hopefully she won't have to run when the time comes, but stand firmly in her own place.

Edit: Oh, about the gym pants, if I may add to your observation, if they indeed intende that as some kind of reference, the important thing may be that she took her pants off herself, instead of dropping it by mistake.

Guest evelyn168

Telly, let's just cross our fingers that it won't happen... I don't want Goong to be a typical Korean sappy drama... Seriously, I have no idea what to expect for season 2 of Goong... I'm so worried as to how they're gonna end to season 1... I do hope they end it at the press conference part... But then again, it's gonna hunt me for a whole year before I get more of the drama...

I'm looking forward for Season 2 OST too... I really do hope that KJH will sing at least one of the songs. I love his voice... Also, I do hope they change Shin's clothes... No more polka dots please...

Guest graciexbaby

Thanks for giving the link to this NG clip. yup, havent seen it b4. I converted it to an avi file. It has NGs for a few episodes, but mostly 7 & 9, so I named it this way:

Gung Ep 7&9 NG.avi

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1WR1ELI...MW1J8IO74DK3QHG

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vjdpli

Going to sleep...bye~~

thanks for the file! i love the part where he says how YEH was a dance gasoo and he's dancing at the piano. so cute! :w00t: and the part where he slaps her! haha. and the part after he got hit by the eggs and he's like i think its yul's doings. yul... you better watch out! haha :lol:

Guest uberquirkiness

i have enough faith in the cast and crew to think that they won't pull a meteor garden 2 on us =p

but i would be really, really, really disgusted if they gave us an ending that involves any of the following:

- car crash

- amnesia

- 'oh it's all just chae gyung's imagination'

- some incurable disease

- any disease for that matter

- sudden death of a character

but i'll die happy if they include any of these:

- OST 2!!! featuring the cast members actually singing =D

- babies

- more babies

- same palace setting, i want more hanboks

- more screentime for the supporting cast

- romance, romance, romance =p

hahahahahaha... a fan of babies, yah? har ost 2 w/ the actors is good. . . but i think babies kill romance... ah well

Hopefully she won't have to run when the time comes, but stand firmly in her own place.

me too.. i wouldn't want CG to do that stupid passive cinderella act. CG is strong! yeahhh...

hey and isn't gong neshi that weird pervert in the manhwa? 564389967_l.jpg

this is the harabuji companion of shin? he seems so serious.. but in the manhwa.. he's a gay perv (in colloquial terms)... he likes yul and prince william, no? ehhhh

Guest gogoxkirus

I just started watching this drama last Wednesday, and I can't stop watching it. This drama is so cute, everything is just so cute. >..<. I got so much things to do,TT-TT I wish I had more time to finish this drama as soon as possible.

I'm on ep. 9 now. I think they put a lot of money into this drama. Like the sence when Shin and Chae Gyung wedding day and they were parading in the street. There are a lot of people there. And in Thailand. I like the raching scence. The Thai driver is so funny. I've been in that kind of car before (can't remember its name, Tuk or something =.=). It's really scary when driving fast like that lol.

I like Yul the best. Kim Jung Hoon is so cute (told you, everything about this movie is super cute ^^). His mother is so mean (Shin's mom is mean too T.T). I hope nothing bad will happen to him later.

Can I join in Yul camp? ^^

Guest donilpark

I think they put a lot of money into this drama. Like the sence when Shin and Chae Gyung wedding day and they were parading in the street. There are a lot of people there. And in Thailand. I like the raching scence. The Thai driver is so funny. I've been in that kind of car before (can't remember its name, Tuk or something =.=).

Ong Bak Caoli!!!

Yeah, the set is really expensive. Everything in the set is a real stuff. None of them is a replica. (maybe things like Shilla gold crown in the Emperor's office... that's gotta be a replica)

well...i think you should finish watching the rest of the series.. haha (though good insight)... yul says that he wants to snatch the crown away from shin, and not wait until shin steps away from it because yul wants shin to suffer like yul did 14 years ago when the crown was snatched away from yul.. yeahhhhh..

i do understand what you said about that companion sort of love. really anyone can fall in love with anyone through close encounters (well..almost anyone...excluding michael jackson (he's not even human!) i personally think that shin would be a better prince/king than yul because yul is jealous and he wants to turn the constitutional monarchy into a full blown absolute monarchy, which can be very dangerous. though yul appears to be soft-spoken and gentler, he is rather selfish--unlike shin who tries to please the korean people. but i like both guys. eh heh heh heh ... BUT i think gongju mama should rule. . . she'd be great..she's so lax and gentle, but wise at her young age.

can't wait for the next eps. :D

Haha, yeah, I know I have more episodes to go. :lol: But I was basing my observations from what little I saw and from what you guys wrote. Now about the "companion sort of love", well, I dont remember what that kind of love is officially called. The companion type of love I was talking about was between couples. I think it comes after romantic love. My parents have that companion-love now. Romantic love has that feeling of euphoria. Did you watch My Name Is Kim Sam Soon? The ex said that romantic love ends after a few months. Anyway, unless you have enough experiences or whatever to connect you two, then you break up. This is just the textbook theory.

As for what you said about Yul changing, it just seems like he's getting desperate. He must really love CG deeply by now and wants her bad. ^_^ Love does make people do things they would never usually do. *Boy...Im a cliche jukebox right now huh.* Anyway, I just have to watch more episodes. This show has me hooked more than the others Ive seen. Im taping every single one, except for the first one because I didnt get to see it. Did you know that it was fate that made me tune into the show. I had a night class that ended at 10pm on Wednesdays, but I cancelled it. It was fate that made me flip to channel 18 and watch the show. :D Im in love with Yul right now. Even though CG was a commoner, at least Yul was kind to her. Shin's just an a&& and very ungentlemanly. Sure Shin seems like he tries to please the people, but he looks down on them. Look how he treated CG on the first episodes. Back to Yul, I'll just be sad if Yul changes. Absolute monarchies can be dangerous depending on the ruler and the ruler's administration. Though saying this, I highly doubt that the people will consent reverting back to absolute monarchies. Wait a minute, isnt the show about an absolute monarchy? Im confused. I thought it was about what if the monarchy still had power.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome guys! You all rock!

-Ai

Archived