[tvb] The Master Of Tai Chi

Guest splendidlure

Guest splendidlure

feat: rayolie<3
FINALLY A REAL KUNG FU DRAMA AIRING! I'VE BEEN MISSING THESE! IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I'VE BEEN INTERESTED IN AN ANCIENT SERIES FROM TVB. IT TOOK TWO YEARS FOR THEM TO FINALLY AIR THIS SHOW. LOOKING FROM THE TRAILER, EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE INTENSE!

taic20banner.jpg

normal_mtc2001.jpg

Official Title: The Master of Tai Chi aka Tai Chi or Tai Gik 《太极》 / 《太極》

Genre: Period Drama

Producer: Leung Ka Shu (Survivor's Law, Golden Faith)

Release Date: Feb. 25 - Mar. 28

No. of Episodes: 25

Cast:

Vincent Zhao

Michael Miu

Melissa Ng

Raymond Lam

Myolie Wu

Paul Chun

Selena Li

Yoyo Chan

Al Wai

Power Chan

Jimmy Au

Kong Hon

Tai Chi Wai

Lau Kong

Fred Cheng

Wong Chi Hang

Jacky Wong

Lau Siu Ming

Leung Kin Ping

Derek Kwok

Kenneth Ma

John Chiang

Info credits: Asianseriesensation; ray-lamfung.com; 52raymond; ddee_04 @ TVBSquare Forum; myolie-wu.net

Extra Information:

Some of the ages of the characters in Tai Gik:

(Credits to the mag scans posted up at www.ray-lamfung.com)

Vincent Zhao - 28 yrs old

Raymond Lam - 26 yrs old

Myolie Wu - 20 yrs old

Melissa Ng - 26 yrs old

Kenneth Ma - 28 yrs old

Selena Li - 24 yrs old

Derek Kwok - 30 yrs old

Power Chan - 30 yrs old

Synopsis

The story is set in the early 1900s and stars Vincent Zhao as a lonely orphan, who at an early age, was deserted by his family and was forced to live by himself in a forest, creating extreme hatred and prejudice against others. Eventually, he learns "tai gik" kung-fu and meets his best friend (Melissa Ng) and his rival (Raymond Lam).

Credits: Jayne Stars & asianfanatics

Storyline (spoilers?):

- Some kind of love triangle between <<Raymond-Myolie-Vincent>> & <<Myolie-Vincent-Melissa>>

- Melissa is Vincent's best friend

- Myolie has a crush on Vincent while Ray likes Myolie

- Both Myolie & Raymond come from rich families

- Vincent is an orphan in the series, seeking revenge for his family

- Raymond and Myolie will have a bittersweet relationship in the series and they will have a bed scene

- Myolie loses her memory at some point

- Raymond becomes a semi-villain after Vincent kills his dad

- Michael Miu plays Vincent's father in the series (maybe in a flashback? not sure...)

- Tai Gik was filmed in Wen Nam, Shanghai, Kunming and Shu Chow

- "Myolie's character comes from a wealthy background. Due to upheaval (and loss of fortune) within the family, Myolie's character experiences hard times, revenge, and love"

the cast seems promising. no newbie actors/actresses.

tc5.jpg

normal_myolieraymondtaichi00004.jpg

charactermap2.jpg

haha. watching this drama after wars of the in laws 2 is gonna be interesting since the actors are gonna play polar opposites. like derek is gonna be evil instead of feminine & myolie is gonna be semi-evil in here instead of her usual good roles. so anyone who's interested in seeing myolie play an evil character should watch this. also, her character turning semi-evil is reasonable since her character goes through so much.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NRp4Hio3EBo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZGu6pumacVk

arghh do you know where to download this drama? i know it aired today in HK. ive been waiting FOREVER! lol. i keep checking all these sites to see if they uploaded it yet. i guess i have to wait till weekend to get it from my video store T_T raymonddd<3

ahah i didnt know kenneth was in this series. hes in a lot lately.

& yay! they're finally airing this! it's been foreverrr.

I get me episode from tvbnow (chinese site, have to register) or tnplace (register and min. post to get into download section)

I watched the first ep. looks promising. =D

Guest amore.

OMG. I've wanted to watch this since they started filming it. I haven't watched any TVB series in aaaages. I'm itching to watch this one! Is it any good? I've liked Myolie since... forever. She's so cute. I'm looking forward to seeing a bit of Rayolie here, although it would've been greater if it was Boscolie!

Guest Seoul GC man

I haven't seen a TVB historical drama for yonks. So far, I'm quite enjoying this martial art/kung-fu drama.

Btw, I believe Chiu Man Cheuk (aka Vincent Zhao) is the si-hing (senior fellow student) of Jet Li? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest moochuchuu

i watched the 3rd episode only but it looked good.

i loovvved the views of the place though:]

is it in china?

Guest 4ualwayz

i love myolies acting.......she can def play a good or bad role! too bad that bosco aint in this!! GOOO MYOLIE!!

Guest splendidlure

episode 2:

TC1-1.jpg

episode 3:

TC3-8.png

credit: joyce20176

My personal opinion is that TMOTC is a superb series thus far. Just talking about the script itself is well-crafted and doesn't feel like your typical TVB plot/cliches. Everyone's doing well in their roles, and every episode is exciting as can be. Of course, different people will have different opinions, but TMOTC is definitely my type of series - it has a mature storyline, well-developed characters, beautiful scenery, great editing and cinematography, and finally a good script. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a wuxia series with the whole martial arts theme (but it's not wuxia since it's classified as kungfu period drama).

credit:hkangel

i agree with this review. this is an actually good series. i've watched up to episode 9 so far. there's no boring moment. there's always action going around.

• 3 months later...
Guest S2Janie

i find this series disappointing. Love raymond, love the action, but not the best from myolie. Her character was kinda annoying.

• 3 months later...
Guest miss scarlett

I haven't seen a TVB historical drama for yonks. So far, I'm quite enjoying this martial art/kung-fu drama.

Btw, I believe Chiu Man Cheuk (aka Vincent Zhao) is the si-hing (senior fellow student) of Jet Li? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think so. Jet Li and Vincent Zhao were from different martial arts academies, and Vincent Zhao specializes in taichi.

Vincent's first movie was with Jet Li though. Jet Li played Fong Sai-Yuk and Vincent played the villain, Governor of Kau-Man. Right after that movie Vincent replaced Jet Li to play Wong Fei-Hung. It was a weird replacement though, considering that Vincent was still in university at that time, and all of his co-stars were a lot older than him, lol. (And Vincent's also about 10 years younger than Jet Li, lol)

i find this series disappointing. Love raymond, love the action, but not the best from myolie. Her character was kinda annoying.

I don't find this series disappointing at all. The plot is nice and the fighting's really good. But yeah, Myolie's character was pretty annoying.

Archived