[jp Upcoming Drama] 絶対彼氏。 Zettai Kareshi. Absolute Boyfriend

Guest cee.jay

Guest joolee.

I liked episode eight, it seems like their relationship is finally developing. It scared me in some parts though, I thought that Night was going to break down. :( I don't like O2, the actor that plays him is not so attractive, something about him made him appear annoying. To me anyway.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly,this drama got boring too me,It seemed to focus more on the "creme puffs" lol.

I may watch more too see if it gets any better.

I agree. Also, Riiko treats Night terribly. I'm on episode 5, but after she turned down his present and told him to go home, I got really annoyed. Although he is a robot, it'd be nice to see her treat Night kindly.

Guest elleny5566

There's nothing wrong with her having dreams,and goals in life,but spending 3/4 episodes talking about creme puffs and not

even selling one. Is where it gets tiring,like can we focus on something else,and develop more relationships.

With so many useless scenes theres no time for romance,Which will probably make the ending abrupt.

I wasn't being "eww" about the whole patisser thing,but the drama is SUPPOSED to be about a girl falling in love with

a robot against all odds ,which so far doesn't have that great of a chance happening. I just don't see her falling in love with

when every time he does something she's always super rude towards him.

This drama would be good say if it were around 20 episodes,so maybe then their would be enough time for sub-plots & creme puffs,but there's only 10 episodes.

oh i agree with you completely

i think its good they changed aspects to make the drama/characters more realistic but...

THEY MISSED THE KEY POINT!

it is about girl/robot relationship and so far its not happening!!

i hate the way they portrayed riiko, she needs to get over herself and be nicer to night

as for night, i love hayami and all but he's so embarrassing to watch sometimes that i have to pause to cringe

the ending is probably going to be quite sudden.

Guest mookie

^ But then, did they REALLY miss the key point of girl/robot relationship?!?! maybe I'm not watching the same thing, but I saw plenty of intricate interactions btn them, slowly progressing given the constraints of Night being an 'appliance', and just because it's about robot 'love', doesnt mean the girl HAS to fall for the robot coz he is this ideal of hers and do and say everything to her pleasing. They've shown plenty of times when Riko was moved by Night's words or actions, but immediately brought herself back to reality, realizing he's programmed that way. I thought that's justification enough of her behaving all nonchalant towards Night.

It was surprisingly realistic, unexpected for me to see that they dealt with love more maturely than what's on surface. It's quite apparent Riko has feelings for Night, but she's in denial or her rational self is in control coz she has this notion (affirmed by Night) of him programmed this way. She wants love to happen naturally, spontaneously, if everything is set and perfect, that's just not the same.

Do we always fall for the guy that is perfect and just do and say whatever we want him to say?! I think in reality that doesnt happen as often as we wish.

And I got the feeling that Riko feelings for Soshi is kinda stimulated/magnified by the presence of Night and her unconscious developing feelings for the robot. It is frustrating her with night being her ideal, but she's sadly reminded constantly he's a robot, and here is this handsome guy who she shares a goal with and even though he may not be comparable to how Night treats her, he's a human, liking Soshi is an easy way out. I think the drama dealt with this central dilemma, which I think should be the key point, quite well.

and may I ask y is Hayami causing you to cringe in embarrassment?! He's supposingly a robot that has no ego of his own, so our self consciousness/ awareness of doing embarrassing things and thus our own inhibitions in not doing so, proclaiming love and so forth do not apply to his character, Night. I've seen him in minor roles before, never have I been impressed with his acting till now.

Guest Sango2893

^ But then, did they REALLY miss the key point of girl/robot relationship?!?! maybe I'm not watching the same thing, but I saw plenty of intricate interactions btn them, slowly progressing given the constraints of Night being an 'appliance', and just because it's about robot 'love', doesnt mean the girl HAS to fall for the robot coz he is this ideal of hers and do and say everything to her pleasing. They've shown plenty of times when Riko was moved by Night's words or actions, but immediately brought herself back to reality, realizing he's programmed that way. I thought that's justification enough of her behaving all nonchalant towards Night.

It was surprisingly realistic, unexpected for me to see that they dealt with love more maturely than what's on surface. It's quite apparent Riko has feelings for Night, but she's in denial or her rational self is in control coz she has this notion (affirmed by Night) of him programmed this way. She wants love to happen naturally, spontaneously, if everything is set and perfect, that's just not the same.

Do we always fall for the guy that is perfect and just do and say whatever we want him to say?! I think in reality that doesnt happen as often as we wish.

And I got the feeling that Riko feelings for Soshi is kinda stimulated/magnified by the presence of Night and her unconscious developing feelings for the robot. It is frustrating her with night being her ideal, but she's sadly reminded constantly he's a robot, and here is this handsome guy who she shares a goal with and even though he may not be comparable to how Night treats her, he's a human, liking Soshi is an easy way out. I think the drama dealt with this central dilemma, which I think should be the key point, quite well.

The only interaction I saw between them was Night would do something nice for her,she'd brush him off and be completely rude & childish,not developing any "romantic" feelings at all.

Realistic? she spends 100,000,000 yen for a robot boyfriend,thats not being very realistic to me.

The key point,or the primary story from what I heard of the manga from people and wiki was that she developed feelings for Night and Soshi,and it was basically her choosing which one.

The directors and the producers have changed the story completely around imo. I wouldn't be this hard on it say as if it were "based off of Absolute Boyfriend" since the only thing they seemed to have used from the story is the entire "robot boyfriend " idea.

The only interaction I saw between them was Night would do something nice for her,she'd brush him off and be completely rude & childish,not developing any "romantic" feelings at all.

Realistic? she spends 100,000,000 yen for a robot boyfriend,thats not being very realistic to me.

The key point,or the primary story from what I heard of the manga from people and wiki was that she developed feelings for Night and Soshi,and it was basically her choosing which one.

The directors and the producers have changed the story completely around imo. I wouldn't be this hard on it say as if it were "based off of Absolute Boyfriend" since the only thing they seemed to have used from the story is the entire "robot boyfriend " idea.

But the only bad thing about basing it off of Absolute Boyfriend was the whole high school thing. I guess it's not good to make a drama about an underaged teen who gets a robot made entirely for a woman's sexual pleasure (which Night is supposed to be).

Guest mookie

I'm watching the drama and critiquing it on its own merits. I dont compare it to the manga. I did read a bit of the manga and it's high sch girl's fluff. It's cute and all, but nth engaging for me.

Realistic under the circumstances, and in the sense of how the characters r handled. fr the premise of the show we know what we're getting into. of coz I'm not saying this is anything serious or even I dont think this is one of the best drama ever. It's good enough to entertain me though. I just thought for a 20 sth woman, if I'm in Riko's shoes, I cant promise I'll be less obnoxious as she was towards Night.

She didnt go out and buy a robot...she was trapped in a corner. She did think and appreciate what Night did to her subconsiously and in flashbacks (like she didnt return him after trial, she bought him) and I do see a lot of occasions she was moved and touched but shook it off as him just being a robot, yeah on the surface she'll brush him off and be rude, but I dont think Riko here is being childish. A lot of times we show our feelings towards others not in things we do, but in things we dont, and that's the way Riko's feelings for Night has been portrayed. It's quite subtle and realistic. She may be too naive as to what qualities she wanted in her ideal bf and thus got Night programmed that way. I will be as embarrassed too if my bf proclaimed his love for me at work. It's an amusing tangent to see how when our ideal guy REALLY materialized, how far fr dreamy reality is. when she's not as conscious of him being a robot and more at ease with him, they are very cute and happy together (eg at the Aquarium) I do appreciate her practicality in things.

Yeah it may not be a true adaptation of the manga to your liking, but if they really did stick to the manga, this will certainly be a disaster. On its own, it's one of the fun cute jdorama I have watched for a long while. so maybe you should just be less anal about it, or dun watch it fr the beginning.

Guest Jamieâ„¢

I'm only on ep 6 so far..

I find it hilarious how Night is always like "I'm Riko's ideal boyfriend".. when he acts like a freaking stalker lol like the scene where he waits for her after work and he's like pressed against the windows looking inside.. creepy!

This drama totally turns me against the idea of robot boyfriends (not that I thought it was a good idea in the first place.. it's just weird), and I really liked the scene where Riko was like "Humans are supposed to fall in love with other humans..etc" because well, it's true.

oh and this drama has an extremely good looking cast lol

I really like the girl who plays Riko, she's cute

Guest PrincessAyra

yeah, i kinda hate the creme puff story, too.

and i think the reason why riio and soshi have more interaction because.. err.. they're gonna end up together?

i wonder how they're gonna end this drama. i've read the manga and.. well...

and i think it's going to be abrupt.

but i love this series because of hayami-san. when i 1st saw him in gokusen 2, he really caught my attention. until i realized he is not the lead man. lol. he caught my eye more than kame and jin.

he looks sooooo handsome in this series esp his hair. but he needs to gain more weight. so that when he flexes his muscle again and say "ore sekushii?", i can definitely answer back that he is sekushii. haha.

Guest marasshi

^Well, he's Japanese, so it would be hard for him to build more muscles. Asians are just naturally scrawny. LOL

I think his body here is just fine.

Guest discofuse

and may I ask y is Hayami causing you to cringe in embarrassment?! He's supposingly a robot that has no ego of his own, so our self consciousness/ awareness of doing embarrassing things and thus our own inhibitions in not doing so, proclaiming love and so forth do not apply to his character, Night. I've seen him in minor roles before, never have I been impressed with his acting till now.

I totally agree with you. I think, the producers and directors just revised the show to more realistic one. Hehe. I can't agree more.

Guest pro_girl

oh no next week will be the finale :tears:

ep 10

oh well we get more lovey dovey scenes between Riiko and Night

Soshi found out Night is a robot

and he starts to malfunction, like real bad, shaking and catching a fever (lol) :unsure::tears:

Namikiri's apprentice? betrayed him and told the boss about Night's problems

they went to Riiko's home and ask her to fill in some sort of form

i couldnt watch the last part :tongue2:

but next week's preview will be Riiko doing sth for Night :blush:

Guest mookie

^ :tears: just stepped into work and cant help but read some spoilers at baidu.com, .... just to add on yours pro_girl :blush:

Soshi was given an opportunity to go the Paris, and he asked Riko to go with him. Night knowing this, supported Riko to go as this is a great opportunity for her to realize her dreams. He prepared a farewell party for Riko.

He said sth like, ' I can meet Riko, spend time with you, I'm very happy already. Every single second that I have spent with you, is my treasure.

I will be wishing you the best even if we have to be apart, because I want your dreams to come true. Don't worry about me, I'll wait for you to come back, I will take good care of the chores and cook a great meal for you when you are back. Go to Paris without a burden. I said this not because I'm programmed to, do you know? I said it because I love you, you are the best girlfriend for me.'

then little rat apprentice let Engineer talk to Riko, telling her Night has his own thoughts and self consciousness. She ignores Soshi and dashed to rescue Night. But they already started the reprogramming/rebooting...

I think we need to have tissues ready watching this ep....

but I think we'll get a satisfying ending for Night-droolzers

:sweatingbullets:

Guest sp4078

may I ask y is Hayami causing you to cringe in embarrassment?! He's supposingly a robot that has no ego of his own, so our self consciousness/ awareness of doing embarrassing things and thus our own inhibitions in not doing so, proclaiming love and so forth do not apply to his character, Night. I've seen him in minor roles before, never have I been impressed with his acting till now.

Thank you very much to point that out ! If I were Riiko, I would die in embarrasment for having an "idel boyfriend" like that.

Also, thank for the spoiler. I hope they will hit the point in last episode.

Guest sabchy

i feel so sorry for Night.. he looked so lifeless (is that a word ??) in this ep.. and yet he was soo nice to Riiko all the time... damn im gonna cry.. i dont want him to die

Guest sabchy

i feel so sorry for Night.. he looked so lifeless (is that a word ??) in this ep.. and yet he was soo nice to Riiko all the time... damn im gonna cry.. i dont want him to die

Archived