What Kind Of Headphones Do You Have/use?

Guest ^_O

Guest xiao jia

i got those apple earphones that came with my ipods. i think they're pretty good quality, but i'm no expert when it comes to these things, so i may be wrong. x_x

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest onatoko

So, I've been seeing a lot of Boosted Mobile headphones lately. To those who own a Stiloso Headphones by Boosted or any similiar headphones, can you give me a review of the sound quality?

Guest Justalilodreamer

I agree... my ipod headphones are better~ I was wondering, on your head piece there's a design, was that a sticker? Mine from futureshop didn't come with a design?

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2211/dsc05140xv4.jpg

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5189/dsc05141gt6.jpg

nope its not a sticker, it came like that...thats kind of weird i thought all of them had the design? O_O

Anyone who owns a zumreed headphone....how is the sound quality?

Guest <yiboy>

LOL. if some head-fiers looked at this thread, they'd most likely at least chuckle at some people's headphones. (keke, no offense to anyone.)

I recently bought a pair of sennheiser HD25-1 II. Man, are they awesome for such relatively small headphones...

My only regret is holding them off for so long to buy them.

ST00216.jpg

EDIT: It's so cool to see some audiophiles on Soompi....This just shows how big soompi has really become. :)

Next purchase:

ATH-ES7

audio-technica-ath-es7-mirror-head-phones.jpg

Same here!! If my wallet can afford it. lol

Guest dabrain

not everyone is so sensible ...

i just got my ue superfi 5 pro.

ppl with small ear holes will have problems putting the buds into the ear

but once they r in position .. o_O

^^

will add pics later

Guest Chooniex

Hahha I got some generic Bose knockoffs from Daiso for $4 and it works amazingly. Almost as good as my friend's Bose! It's the kind where you stick it in your ears and blocks off every other sound in the world

Guest Registered

l_45000022.jpg

Those in-ear earphones are pretty neat, the cancel quite some noise however you really need to get used to it and

80% of the people have hard times wearing it because they are used to the standard ones.

i have the skull candy hesh headphones in silver/black<3

i JUST bought it like 30 minutes ago after reading the reviews from here

Hahah, same here. xD I lovee them; but it can get a little uncomfortable if you don't really adjust it right. But I suppose that's all headphones. :]

Guest chocoberryjam*

ok i came to say i use my .. PSP earphones (they have no brand on them . . ) for everything..

then i looked through the thread. .

I WANT A NICE PAIR OF HEADPHONES!!

like ToT

i should ask my parents hehehehehe

question, is skullcandy actually a good or bad brand?

i mean, their designs on hte earphones are pretty cool, but im not willing to compromise looks for sound,

because i want a pari of PRO. .. or at least pro - ish headphones. .

Guest <yiboy>

ok i came to say i use my .. PSP earphones (they have no brand on them . . ) for everything..

then i looked through the thread. .

I WANT A NICE PAIR OF HEADPHONES!!

like ToT

i should ask my parents hehehehehe

question, is skullcandy actually a good or bad brand?

i mean, their designs on hte earphones are pretty cool, but im not willing to compromise looks for sound,

because i want a pari of PRO. .. or at least pro - ish headphones. .

To be completely honest with you, skullcandy is really a BAD brand in terms of sound quality.

The design on other hand is highly arguable. lol

Considering that you're looking for a high end headphone, I would recommend Sennheiser HD 25-1 II, Grado SR60, and Audio Technica ATH-ES7. (these range from $70 to $200, i tried to give you a nice range)

I own a pair of sennheiser HD 25s and they are AWESOME in terms of sound quality and slightly expensive as well. I got my pair for $170 and they retail for $240 or somewhere around there. They're quite small compared to most FULL-sized headphones and extremely light. I think it was 140 grams without the chord which is about 5 ounces.

Grado SR60s are open headphones which mean that the music from these phones will leak out so that a person standing next to you will also be able to hear a "tinny" version of the music you're listening to. These phones are really great though. Anyone who knows anything about headphones either owns a pair or at least knows about them. These are about 70 bucks and the amount they cost vs. the quality of music is exceptional according to a bunch of people online. (I'm considering getting one, but I'm just not a fan for open headphones)

The ATH-ES7's look cool and are really good headphones at the same time. The only downside is probably getting your fingerprints all over them, etc. etc. These go for about 100 bucks.

For more info, you can visit

Sennheiser HD 25 = http://phonephile.blogspot.com/2004/12/sen...headphones.html

Grado SR60 = The guy who made this site didn't make a review for this one, so you'll have to find your own link. sry.

Audio Technica ATH-ES7 = http://phonephile.blogspot.com/2005/12/aud...ath-es7_31.html

This guy really made nice reviews so you might want to check them out.

If you want people online to help you, visit http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/

These people can help you a lot more than I ever can. lol

*I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you're a girl by your name. The thing about high-end/"pro-ish" headphones is that they're not really fashionable. As you will be able to tell by the sennheiser and grado. However, Audio Technica really does have nice designs other than the particular model i mentioned so you might want to just look into that. But if you prefer sound quality over design, you should definitely widen your approach to which ones you will buy. :) hope that helps.

Guest MUGETSU

Skullcandy is a whack (sucky) brand.

That's my opinion though. It's not targeted toward me as a consumer maybe that's why. The price/performance ratio compared with other headphones just plain sucks (you can get a better pair if you just search around and read reviews).

There is a whole forum (much like Soompi is dedicated to Korean/Asian stuff) - Head-fi.org has a forum dedicated to music including players, headphones, amps, etc.

People say they buy skullcandies for the style. Personally I think they look so gaudy, they're just as whack as Ed Hardy. I'm rather have the clean look of the ATH-ES7 (my next purchase), than the crazy out there style of skullcandies that make you look like you're a teenager (unless you are one, then I guess go right ahead if you don't care much about sound quality. Buying an iPod and using MP3s as an audio format makes it kinda obvious people don't really care about it). I'd rather have the clean look with good sound.

@ chocoberryjam*

the previous two posters are just audiophile elitists, who are hatin' on good ole' skullcandy (the peoples' headphone!)

...uh, just kidding, yeah they are correct the price/performance ratio of skulls is not very good especially their 'pro' line...much better off in terms higher audio fidelity & quality by paying a little more for some "audiophile" type 'phones like the ones they mentioned & I would look at AKG, Denon, & Ultrasone as well.

for in the ear 'phones, I really like Shure SE line, even the less expensive models sound good, are comfortable & do a decent job at noise isolation.

Guest chocoberryjam*

THANKS! :)

at <yiboy> MUGETSU and bulgogi88

yeahh, well I read all your posts and I'm pretty much convinced that if I'm ever going to buy a pair of headphones, I'll won't go for skullcandy. haha (unless, like I'm one of the teenagers who are eventually going to become overly sensitive

I've been wanting to hear good quality music for a while and I'm thinking of becoming an audiophile -_-" though I don't know how well that'll go.

LOL!

WELL. ok, so I went through all the ones <yiboy> mentioned and :) YES , IT HELPED!

actually, the ATH-ES7 caught my eye, I mean it was . .. shiny (there's the teenager-ness shining through)

HAHA, and then the review showed exactly what happens after a few days, fingerprints

haha (? why am i always haha-ing)

AH well. . -_-

it's about $200 dollars (in Australia I guess =X . . . that's what it said on the website, at least) so I'm guessing I'll have to wait till Christmas comes around ..

second on my list is the Grado SR60

needless to say, this one is within my own budget, :)

meaning I can buy this, . . . probably

so YEAH!

THANKS for answering my question and giving me so many suggestions!!

xD

I really really really appreciate it!

. . . and I just realised i have another question. You know the wire on the headphones that you plug into your mp3/computer, is it like, one wire fits all (im such a noob -____-") or are the wires like specifically for one opening ?

Guest PL<3Y

I personally use AKG and Grado. Best sounding headphones to my ears.

I paired them up with my korean mp3 players, Cowon D2 and Iriver Clix.

After buying so many headphones, SR-60s are still the best for it's money. I've spend over 2000$ just to get the right sound.

The SR-60s has proved itself time and time again as the best sounding for its price.

My AKG's are more for when I listen to dance/trance/techno. Armin Van Buuren stuff.

Guest CKalvin

mm yes skullcandy fails in all departments unfortunately. no style, no sound, poor isolation.

what do u mean one wire fits all? theres the standard 3.5mm jack which most normal headphones come with, but if u get a semidecent pair they should come with a 6.3mm plug which goes into your amp/studio or whatver.

hd25's are a good choice =)

but what exactly are u using ur headphones for? jst music at home?

Guest PL<3Y

mm yes skullcandy fails in all departments unfortunately. no style, no sound, poor isolation.

what do u mean one wire fits all? theres the standard 3.5mm jack which most normal headphones come with, but if u get a semidecent pair they should come with a 6.3mm plug which goes into your amp/studio or whatver.

hd25's are a good choice =)

but what exactly are u using ur headphones for? jst music at home?

Honestly, skull candy doesn't look that bad, but if your talking about in-ear buds, the best on the market for its price (IMO) would probably be UE5.

I have a set laying around, but I stopped using them since I rare do subway/bus to school now.

Archived