Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

*** Joo Ji Hoon, who worked with writer Kim Eun Hee on the “Kingdom” series, who's also the writer for "Jirisan" said during the presscon, “It’s been about five years since I started working with Kim Eun Hee. At this point, it feels like she’s an aunt that I see during the holidays. Kim Eun Hee’s scripts have a lot of detail and you can’t read them carelessly. If you don’t read it properly, you can’t move on to the next part. She has a knack for writing difficult scenes in a comfortable way, which makes it fun for the viewers, but there are a lot of scenes when you’re straddling the border between two emotions as an actor. It feels like she’s always teaching me something new.”   :getmygrooveon:

He said about Jun Ji Hyun - "“I’ve been a fan of Jun Ji Hyun since I was young. I was fascinated on our first meeting. But when we met, she treated me so comfortably, and even though she must have had a tough time on set, she would throw her whole body into her acting.” They met during Jun Ji Hyun’s brief appearance at the end of the second season of “Kingdom.”  :glee:

joo-ji-hoon-jirisan.jpeg

0005655146_001_20211013170426860.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0005655146

*** Aside from the two-leads, I'm also excited to watch this drama to get to know more about the mountain rangers. The 16-part weekend drama series will kick off at 9 p.m. on Oct. 23, after “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” comes to an end Oct. 17. :blush:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New tvN series explores mysteries of Mount Jiri

From left, actors Oh Jung-se, Jun Ji-hyun, writer Kim Eun-hee, camera director Choi Sang-mook and actors Cho Han-cheul and Ju Ji-hoon pose for photos at an online press event for their upcoming tvN drama series "Jirisan." [TVN]

From left, actors Oh Jung-se, Jun Ji-hyun, writer Kim Eun-hee, camera director Choi Sang-mook and actors Cho Han-cheul and Ju Ji-hoon pose for photos at an online press event for their upcoming tvN drama series "Jirisan." [TVN]

The mere announcement of the collaboration between star writer Kim Eun-hee and star producer Lee Eung-bok on the upcoming tvN drama series “Jirisan” was enough to catch the public’s attention, fueled even more by the equally star-studded cast of Jun Ji-hyun and Ju Ji-hoon.

“Jirisan” is a much-anticipated project to celebrate the cable channel’s 15th anniversary since its establishment in 2006. Both Kim and Lee, who are the creators of hit Netflix series “Kingdom” (2019-) and “Sweet Home” (2020), have come together along with star actors. Both Jun and Ju portrayed the leads in Kim’s “Kingdom” universe.

In “Jirisan,” the two actors portray park rangers on Mount Jiri in Gurye County, South Jeolla, who act as guardians of the mountain region and resolve the mysterious occurrences and serial murders.  

“I’ve never been to Mount Jiri before writing ‘Jirisan,’” Kim said during an online press event Wednesday. “But I think I’ve had a vague yearning for it. The Mount Jiri that I read about in novels and history was more of a land that people visited with their cherished desires rather than for activity. If it’s land that is layered up with countless people’s desires, regrets and sorrows, then I thought it might be possible for mysterious and wondrous things to happen there.

“When I visited the mountain to investigate, park rangers naturally became the occupations of my characters,” Kim continued. “When something happens in a city, 119 rescue squads come. In mountains, the rangers come to the rescue. What was striking about the profession was that, rangers are people who try to save people before they die, compared to other professions [that I was already familiar with] such as police detectives or medical examiners who uncover the truth behind a person’s death.”

Jun takes on the role of veteran ranger Seo Yi-gang. From the trailer previews released on the channel and social media, Seo seems to be a mix of the strong and quirky characters that Jun has previously portrayed in prior projects such as drama series “My Love from the Star” (2013) on SBS, and films “Assassination” (2015) and “The Berlin File” (2013).  

However, the actor said that she did not choose the role based solely on her character’s depiction as a strong woman.  

“I liked the script itself, that’s why I chose this project,” Jun said. “In this generation and era, I think it’s meaningless to differentiate between television and films, and we now live in a time where it’s natural for women to be multi-layered characters.”  

Ju portrays newbie ranger Kang Hyun-jo who suffers from hallucinations due to his traumatic past.  

“Kim’s writing is very descriptive and detailed,” Ju said. “You cannot miss a sentence because then you won’t be able to move on to the next scene. The advantage of Kim’s scripts are that she can write a complicated scene which actors can read with ease, which ultimately becomes the viewers. It might be entertaining to the viewers, but her writing can be demanding for actors, because they push you to the edge of your emotions. I feel like I’m continuously expanding my range of acting through her projects.”  

“Jirisan” is scheduled to being airing on tvN at 9 p.m. from Oct. 23.  

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

*** It's just (10) days away from the arrival of big budget tvN drama "Jirisan" (Mount Jiri). There are plenty of action and watching the preview clips there are dangerous scenes, too. This drama has a A-list actors. So, I'm starting to get excited about this. Can't wait! BTS Jin will be singing the main OST. :kisslevel:

*** "Jirisan" will premiere this Saturday on local cable channel tvN.  :getmygrooveon:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Star actors, writer to return with mystery thriller 'Jirisan'

SEOUL, Oct. 13 (Yonhap) -- South Korean star screenwriter Kim Eun-hee said Wednesday that her longing for Mount Jiri in the southern part of the country motivated her to write the upcoming mystery TV series set on the mountain.

Starring star actors Jun Ji-hyun and Ju Ji-hoon, "Jirisan," which is the Korean name of Mount Jiri, is about forest rangers who experience mysterious incidents involving the visitors to the mountain.

It is one of the most anticipated TV series in 2021 for the collaboration of the star actors and Kim of the global hit zombie series "Kingdom" (2019) of Netflix and renowned director Lee Eung-bok of the fantasy "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" (2016).

"Before writing the screenplay of this show, I'd never been to Mount Jiri. I just admired it," Kim said in an online press conference. "For me, Mount Jiri is not just a place for activities, but a place where people visit with some diverse feelings of life and death."

She said she thought its large size and long history from the ancient times harbored a lot of incidents, not only mountaineering accidents but also strange and mysterious stories.

So she picked forest rangers who work at Mount Jiri National Park as the main characters of her story, focusing on their responsibility to rescue climbers in the deep mountain valley, based on their topographical knowledge of Mount Jiri, which is known for its rugged mountain terrain.

"In my previous works, forensic scientists, detectives and other characters play roles after a person is killed," she said.

"But here, forest rangers do their jobs before climbers die. They work to save lives."

Actress Jun Ji-hyun, who plays an experienced ranger in the new series, said it did not take long for her to decide to team up with writer Kim again right after taking the title role in "Kingdom: Ashin of the North," a prequel of the "Kingdom" series released in July.

It is Jun's first TV project since the fantasy romance "Legend of the Blue Sea" in 2016.

"I know there are few actresses who can be chosen by writer Kim Eun-hee for two shows in a row. It's an honor," she said. "I'd never imagined to act as a forest ranger, who are not often seen in person. I'm pleased to show their work to Korean viewers."

brk@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

16 Hot K-Drama Kiss Scenes That Will Have Your Heart Racing

Who doesn’t love a passionate and steamy kiss scene topped with a lot of chemistry? Sometimes these kiss scenes happen later on in the series after the anticipation rises, so they’re that much more satisfying when they happen. A kiss scene is part of the K-drama equation, but there are those kiss scenes that are so hot and heavy that you replay them over and over and over again.

Disclaimer: List focuses on newer K-dramas and is in no particular order.

13. “Hyena”

In “Hyena,” Yoon Hee Jae (Joo Ji Hoon) falls in love with Jung Geum Ja (Kim Hye Soo) and makes it pretty obvious that he wants to be with her. What Hee Jae doesn’t know is that it’s all part of Geum Ja’s master plan to make him fall for her.

My only complaint is that there were not enough kiss scenes in this series. For what Joo Ji Hoon and Kim Hye Soo delivered, there should have been at least a dozen more. The veteran actors had such sultry and fiery chemistry that you were screaming at the screen for more. Seeing both hot-headed prosecutors engaging in a passionate romance with each other and seeing them take down the country’s most notorious villains are enough to entice anyone.

hyena.gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** During presscon, Jun Ji Hyun said that her ever 1st collaboration with Ju Ji Hoon is a good partnership and they're at ease together. While Ju Ji Hoon joked that he's been a fan of Gianna Jun since he was young, that her charm has left him speechless and has always been a role model for him. He said that she was always trying to feed him on the set so,

he's very thankful to her.     :wut:

JJH revealed that he enjoyed climbing from a young age and wants to climb Jirisan in the future. He shared that it took a lot of energy to shoot the series and it was tough especially when ascending the peak and his legs had to hold still. The shoot was about 3-4 times more demanding than shooting on even ground. That's why, he runs to keep fit. :kisslevel:

The series will exclusively simulcast with Korea on October 23rd on iQiyi International app or iQ.com worldwide. Don't miss the global premiere of "Jirisan".  :Fist1:

*** I expect to see breathtaking sceneries of Mount Jiri National Park by watching the drama soon. I'm curious to see how the characters were interacting with the mountain especially during rescue missions. I guess it's a difficult job, such as carrying heavy equipment while climbing the mountain for hours. It’s not something that ordinary people like us do. :twerk2:

[SBS Star] Ju Ji Hoon Talks About Jun Ji Hyun's Cool Personality & How She Makes Fun of Him

201599996_1280.jpg

Actor Ju Ji Hoon shared how awesome actress Jun Ji Hyun's personality is. On October 13, an online press conference for an upcoming drama 'Jirisan' took place.

201599995_1280.jpg

During the press conference, Ju Ji Hoon mentioned the first time he met Jun Ji Hyun. Ju Ji Hoon said, "It felt almost surreal when I met Jun Ji Hyun for the very first time, because I've been a huge fan of hers since the young age." He continued, "I kind of thought she might be like her cold characters in her past films, but she is actually super easygoing in real life. She made me feel comfortable around her." He laughingly resumed, "She would even make fun of me for gaining weight, but oddly bring me snacks to nibble on."

201599994_1280.jpg

Then, Ju Ji Hoon shared that it was not easy to film 'Jirisan' due to a great amount of actions that were required. The actor stated, "Jun Ji Hyun never hesitated when it came to action scenes. She would confidently do them even when guys were a little hesitant. Out of all actors and actresses, Jun Ji Hyun is the fastest runner as well." Lastly, he added, "She always made everyone laugh. She gave off happy vibes all the time. I had so much fun filming with her."

'Jirisan' marks Jun Ji Hyun's return to the small screen in four years. The first episode of 'Jirisan' is scheduled to be unveiled on October 23.

(Credit= tvN Jirisan)

(SBS Star)

*** On October 15, News1 reported that the cast and crew were attacked by bees on the set of Joo Ji Hoon and Park Sung Hoon’s upcoming movie “Gentleman.” Joo Ji Hoon and Choi Sung Eun were on the set, but they were not stung. It's dangerous to be stung by bees. Now, they are continuing filming as usual. I'm glad that they're all fine now. “Gentleman” began filming in September and is slated to premiere in May next year (2022). :sweet:

0005660259_001_20211015153901201.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=421&aid=0005660259

*** tvN has released a highlight reel of their upcoming drama “Jirisan”with English subtitles! The clip begins by introducing the beautiful landscape of Mount Jiri. The voice-over speaks of Mount Jiri as a place where many people have brought their hopes, desires, and fears. The clip also shows that it is also a place of danger. JJH, fighting! The plot is really interesting. The leads are great. I’m hyped & can't wait to see my JJH on screen... once again. LOL - their names, so similar and same initials. :Fist1:

2021101401000926000060591.jpg

source : https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202110140100092600006059&servicedate=20211014

*** “Jirisan” has released a preview of the first episode! The preview starts with the rangers being deployed during a typhoon to find a lost mountain climber on Mount Jiri. Despite the pouring rain, flash floods, and fierce winds, the rangers only have 30 hours of “golden time” to locate the climber before they are considered beyond saving. The voice-over shows that there is conflict within the rangers about what to do within these precious 30 hours. “Jirisan” premieres on October 23 at 9 p.m. KST. I am hyped with the trailers of this drama + this preview of the 1st EP. The preview looks intense. Can't wait. :Megathanks:

credit : soompi news

*** This drama has the strong lineup of artists. I guess the good chemistry between the leads is because both is of the same age. Since it is a vast mountain, it was difficult to capture details, so, they used helicopter and hand held cameras for each actors to show their real emotions. They only used a very limited space in the mountain. But, they created a set that seems to be real. The press conference concluded with a message from the screenwriter. :kaching3:

"When watching the series, please feel like you are climbing with us."

Kim Eunhee, Writer

The global premiere will be on October 23 20:00 SGT on iQiyi International app or iQ.com across 191 territories, simulcast with South Korea. :heart2:

%E6%9C%B1%E6%99%BA%E5%8B%9B.jpg?resize=6

Jirisan-Group-Poster-English.jpg?resize=

%E5%85%A8%E6%99%BA%E8%B3%A2%E3%80%81%E6%

Images from iQiyi.

*** Aside from a good story, one of the reasons why Netflix's "Kingdom" became a blockbuster hit is due to its lead star Ju Ji Hoon. He has an outstanding acting skills portraying the role of Crown Prince Lee Chang. The six-episode K-series became such a massive hit that executives released a second season. Interestingly, this is not the first time that JJH played the role of a ravishing royal. His fame skyrocketed after landing Crown Prince Lee Shin in the top rating romantic comedy "Princess Hours". Since then, Ju Ji Hoon started to appear as the main character of several notable series and soon became one of the most sought-after actors in the industry. :heart3:

In one of his interviews, I recall he said that marriage 'scares' him. He said that he has never heard people say good things about it. He described his ideal type as someone who is confident and could function without being clingy towards him. :ohboy2:

kingdom-season-2-released-new-poster-ful

photo source : Kdramastars

*** Can't wait for this drama!!!! Few more days....... :kaching1:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Joo Ji Hoon Talks About Why He Chose To Star In “Jirisan,” Reuniting With “Kingdom” Writer Kim Eun Hee, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Ahead of the premiere of “Jirisan,” Joo Ji Hoon shared behind-the-scenes stories from filming, spoke about his character, and more!

Written by Kim Eun Hee (“Signal,” “Kingdom”), tvN’s “Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as Kang Hyun Jo, her rookie partner who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the rangers at the national park as they uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred on the mountain.

Regarding his decision to star in the series, Joo Ji Hoon shared, “Although I’ve already worked on a project with writer Kim Eun Hee, I had a lot of curiosity this time in terms of ‘What kind of story will unfold?’ and ‘How will she utilize a place of nature like Jirisan in the project?’ I chose this because I wanted to try working with director Lee Eung Bok, who has been producing great dramas, and Jun Ji Hyun, who portrays every character in a charming manner.”

Joo-Ji-Hoon-1.jpeg

In the drama, Joo Ji Hoon stars as rookie ranger Kang Hyun Jo, who hides a big secret and a mysterious past. When asked to pick three key words for his character, Joo Ji Hoon answered, “Jirisan,” “willpower,” and “youngest.” He explained, “Kang Hyun Jo is the youngest out of all the rangers and is someone who loves people. Hyun Jo, who is originally from Seoul, ends up at Jirisan because of people. He’s someone whose willpower and sense of responsibility for protecting people and the mountain are stronger than anyone else.”

Joo Ji Hoon continued, “It was around late summer last year. Before we officially went into filming, the writer suggested that we personally go visit Mount Jiri. Our writer, who was only focused on writing, could have a chance to refresh. I also thought that even greater things could come out as it’s the setting of the drama and I’m the type to meet often with the director and writer, who know the project’s characters best, and discuss how to create my character.”

Adding on about their teamwork, Joo Ji Hoon commented, “While we spoke about a lot of things, starting with casual conversation to discussions about the project, the writer shared her opinions like, ‘It would be great if this exact facial expression came from Hyun Jo during this scene,’ so I received lots of help in creating my character.”

Joo-Ji-Hoon-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Joo-Ji-Hoon-3.jpeg

Lastly, Joo Ji Hoon shared, “[My character] has a completely different personality and career from all the characters I’ve acte / d as before, and because the background is Mount Jiri, a lot of topics are new. I think all of this will be seen as a ‘new side.'”

“Jirisan” premieres on October 23. Watch a preview here!

Check out Joo Ji Hoon in “The Item” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

*** TODAY, October 20, the drama revealed new stills of Seo Yi Kang and Kang Hyun Jo’s first meeting. They aren’t quite used to being partners yet. I'm curious to find out what kind of events the two characters will face in this dangerous Mount Jiri. “Jirisan” premieres on October 23. :twerk2:

jirisan-2.jpg

source : http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/328314