• Last Reply

Copied from Beloved Byung Hun Board @ bhjwlove.com

Briefly translated by ylin from chinese translation by Ping

source: empas.com

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_sh/20060...3E%26%3C%2Fb%3E

mudaefor200607200709190.jpg

Lee Byung Hun Fan Meet – "Anytime, Anywhere"

Actor Lee Byung Hun and fans have "buffet" together ~ A Happy occasion

Lee Byung Hun provided lunch and shook hands with Japanese fans when they visited him on site during the filming of "Once in A Summer", this exceptional type of fan meet got cheers from everyone.

To show his appreciation, Lee Byung Hun on the spot converted a truck into a mobile canteen for a group of Japanese fans when they visited him at a remote area at Kyonbuku. This is something other canteen cannot offer and the fans had a warm reception.

The fans said that they would share the vod taken on site via the Fan Club website. Lee Byung Hun shook hands with fans at the end of the meet.

The filming location of "Once in a Summer" is at a remote area in the mountains whereby they can hardly receive signals for mobile phones. Hence, it was heart-warming to meet fans in such a place.

According to the crew "The Japanese fans and their guide hike a few mountains before they reached the filming location, Lee Byung Hun was touched by their enthusiasm and immediately suggested to make lunch for them on the spot."

source: naver

Thanks to ping@bhjwlove for sharing

36 degrees ceisius under the hot sun

150 Japanese fan gathered at the filming site of "Once in A Summer" on 3 August

All because of Lee Byung Hun

68d77131_1.jpg

68d77131_2.jpg

68d77131_3.jpg

68d77131_5.jpg

68d77131_6.jpg

So Ae resting in the shade from the heat .

Ps09.JPG

During a brief break from the shooting , shaking hands with the japanse fan ( captured by the photographer )

Ps05.JPG

about 150 fans come to the quiet village for lee byung hun

Ps02.JPG

2006080409354079485_1.jpg

李秉宪 "若都照着别人意愿去做的话 那演员的寿命非常短"

Lee byung hun : .".the lifespan of an actor will be very short . if he just follow the wishes of others ."

In the hot summer of August ....the village with 50 resident .welcomed 100 over japanese fans and over 50 korean fans...the very tanned Lee byung hun .uses his warm handshake and eyes as his words of gratidue

炎天日照的 8月夏, 庆北惟泉郡惟泉邑龙门面的. 50世带 70人居住的乡村 来了100多名日本fans与50多名韩国fans 晒着釉黑的 李秉宪以握手交会目光来代替感谢话语.

what your feeling to be filming in this heat ?

◆ I think firstly i will like to warn the interviewing crew from the media ...just another two hours and you will turn just as tan (dark) as me (laugh)

闷热中的撮影感想是?

◆ 我想一开始要警告 采访的媒体群们. 只要过两小时就会像我一样黑.(笑)

The reason for you to choose "A SUMMER'S TALE"

◆ always been asked this question of the reason why u choose a script . the deep impact you feel after you read the script .. (the choice) is based on the feelings after reading a script .

-选択'夏天的故事 之理由是?

◆ 常被像照样问着选择作品的理由. 读了剧本后有很深的感触. 是以读了剧本后的感受来做比较的

okay nastu will continue the interview translation er .later .that all i have for now ...had to asked her where link to that korean interview ..

translated from nastu @ koreanwind.net

^

Thanks for sharing the translated interview, Shirley. Looking forward to read more. :)

---------------------

Once a Sweet Summer Love

summer1.jpg

captures from various media sites, thanks to everyone sharing

Once in a (very hot) Summer

SV600080.jpg

The poster of the movie gives out such a sweet feeling, you know... it's like that feel of warm, carefree idyllic life with no troubles and no worries in the world. Reminds us of sweet songs of the countryside, a girl and a boy having fun together.

Something about the poster... of LBH & SA... just brings out the simple yet nostalgic charm! :blush:

49.jpg

Credit: www.leebyunghun.com

Interview with Lee Byung Hun at "Once In a Summer" filming location.

Brief translation by Hyc based on Ping's chinese translation at bhjwlove.com.

(Pardon any mistake)

Source: http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/cinet/200...07085958470.htm

Meeting a wind ruffle haired bachelor Lee Byung Hun at the movie location of “Once In a Summer” amidst the scenery of mountainous village of the 60’s.

nopredict200608050709010.jpg

Lee Byung Hun is one important person who represents the Korean entertainment industry. Of course, this 'special express star in Asia' is also enjoying explosive popularity in other Asian countries such as Japan. However, compared to other Hanllu stars, Lee Byung Hun is relatively slight in mass communication.

Between fame and reality, Hanllyu top stars seem to incline more towards devoting one's effort to activities related to the Korean wave. In terms of philosophy of activity, more priority should be encouraged for activities as actors.

The work selection often appears to be based on the “philosophy of Lee Byung Hun”. Lee Byung Hun’s spectrum of work selection is very wide, while other Hanllyu stars are more interested in choosing work with Korean wave first and foremost in mind.

Movie “One In a Summer”(directed by Cho Keun-sik, production KM) is an oldie love story which is based on the scenario of the 60's.

In the movie, Lee Byung Hun would not be showing a flamboyant style of Hanllyu star. Lee Byung Hun’s appearance is of a mediocre Ta Chongar (a simple young man of the village). What can be seen would be a sweating LBH filming in the intense heat of almost 40 degrees, in the countryside amidst the mountains, and summer view of paddy fields and village huts.

# Belief in the sense of “feeling”

Lee Byung Hun said, “'Feeling' is my reason to select 'Once in A Summer'. After reading the script, the “feeling” appears, so I accepted the role. I believe the audience would be like me, having that feeling.”

I wanted to feel that "simple love” of the 60~70's that I was not able to experience. The love is buried forever in the heart, like the splitting kind of love; I believe that’s the sort of emotion.

‘Once in A Summer' is the type of work that deviates from the flow of Korean wave. In the story, Lee Byung Hun is a ruffle haired university student in the 60’s who went to the countryside to do volunteer work in the farms and village. This type of appearance and background is not an element which can be seen easily in the predilection of the current foreign fans.

“If Hanllyu is in mind, the performance in drama would be the obvious choice. The followers of the Korean cultural wave cause the surfeit in productions, and lead to qualitative decrease in the work. As an actor I am conscious of this situation. Too much suggestion of Hanllyu stuff will shorten the performing life span of an actor.” Lee Byung Hun with the conviction of Korean culture should be the leader of Hanllyu.

Japanese fans who visited the filming location were overflowing with happiness when they saw the tousle haired Lee Byung Hun and the village scenario of the 60’s.

#The filming is the fact, the fact is filming (*sorry, not very sure of this statement)em95.gif

nopredict200608050709011.jpg

Lee Byung Hun with feeling...

When appearing for the interview at the shooting site, it’s not easy to locate him because he was not different from the working team, sweating in the hot weather.

When not filming, LBH would not stay in the special resting place reserved for top stars. He spent his time with the director and the staff.

“I have been learning a lot in the past 16 years, learning from the directors, junior actors and the working crew who sweat a lot during the filming. All of them are my learning object. The whole shooting process is an actual course of learning.”

Due to his forthrightness and easy going manner, the staffs are at a lost when working with him. The director said, “I don’t know when to stop filming, who will shout ‘cut’. It’s better to ask ‘how is LBH feeling?’.” His natural acting is highly praised.

Lee Byung Hun that sought nature did not appraise the value of “discrimination” too much regarding the recent effort of discerning the movies and dramas.

“It’s not important to be caught in the differentiation too much. It can be done by looking at other aspects and merits. Too incline in discrimination can impair in natural sensibility. I think the warmth, happiness and etc. would be more able to capture viewers’ attention. “

When the interview came to the end, Lee Byung Hun jokingly said, “I already warned you that it would be very hot here. Look at the reporters; you are like me, darkened by the Sun, burnt, with lots of sweat, but still as attractive!”

Journalist Idonhyon kulkuri@sportshankook.co.kr

Input time: 2006/08/05 07:09:07

Some pictures for all. Please click on thumbnails to see some of the hugh pictures.

Thanks to roger@bhjwlove for sharing.

th_0804053091708.jpg th_873817598_19bfe5de_0831571787.jpg th_873817598_2bb85ea1_0831571836.jpg th_873817598_33a4532f_0831571782.jpg th_873817598_3a3e8347_0831571739.jpg

th_873817598_2ee93857_0831571814.jpg th_873817598_4b289da1_0831571785.jpg th_873817598_53dfd095_0831571753.jpg

Guest Ailin*

Here's a Once in a Summer news clip from Sectlon.TV.Ent.News (8-9-06). Lee Byung Hun and Soo Ae look so sweet together! :blush: And wow, LBH has a lot of devoted fans waiting in the hot weather to meet him, which he was so nice to individually greet them. :) What a nice buffet spread at the filming site too!

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=dfd...58a6a32daad2756

Archived