Han Ji Hye 한지혜

Guest @shley

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest luthien

^^i finished crying.. i couldn't believe i'd cry that hard after helena posted the confirmation news.. i was so overwhelmed. it's too much of an honor. i'm so proud and happy for our Ji-Hye. This golden opportunity has finally arrived.. how can i not cry for that???

*hugs* thanks for being there.. i can't handle this amazing news by myself.. *throws confettis* Hwang jung min and Cha Seung-Won baby! :w00t: it's so big BIG BIG!!!!!!

Guest luthien

In celebration.. i have to sing a song.... lalala...

sorry can't make an MV in an instant. but i love this song for JH.. the lyrics suits her so well...

"Sakura" by Remioromen

with English subs

Translation by Rollins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpNYyq7w5ac

Lyrics:

The cherry blossoms are blooming

They're blossoming and enveloping you.

So there's nothing to be lonely about,

Since I love your smiling face.

Smiling like I'm in a dream,

As I'm holding you tight.

It's like the color of the future was drawn out.

Let's walk on the pink carpet together.

Turn towards the completely white sky,

the sky's blueness tomorrow and the day after that,

Will definitely change but we're all looking at the same sky.

Sakura, the cherry blossoms are blooming,

The whole world is wrapping itself gently around you.

A smiling face, a crying face,

A show of courage, a show of power,

the fact is that I love you.

During the sad times, you have to smile.

You're the one who taught me that.

That smile brings good luck,

As your joking self touches me inside.

Inside that picture of two people,

That cute wrist that secretly hid me,

Means I'm not alone as the same time passes for us.

Sakura, the cherry blossom petals are far too beautiful.

Once in awhile,

I feel a little pain in my chest, but

As they fall, as they dance,

Let's keep going forward through the falling cherry blossoms.

Until that day we meet again.

It smells like spring.

Honey bees fly throughout the air.

I want to give you

A four leaf clover.

No matter how many seasons pass,

This feeling will never chage.

Sakura...

Sakura, the cherry blossoms are blooming,

The whole world is wrapping itself gently around you.

A smiling face, a crying face,

A show of courage, a show of power, and your love,

I love it all.

OH MY GOD!!!

YOU GUYS DONE CRYING BUT ME I THINK JUST NOW, HU HU HU TEARS OF JOY.

IS IT CONFIRMED THANKS GOD I STILL HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION.

PLEASE POST THE CONFIRMATION, I CAN'T READ THE WHOLE COMMENTS COZ THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH SOOMPI.

PLEASE POST A PHOTOS ALSO OF THE LEADING ACTORS, PLEASEEEEEE

SO SO SO EXCITED

GIRLS, I THINK WE NEED A CELEBRATION.

Are we back to earth today? :) I read lots about HJM & CSW, her 2 co-stars in the movie and I can say...they have impressive work records. They have gained recognition and respect because of their acting abilities. It's respect for their talents, drawing viewers to see their great acting more than their good looks. This is such a big opportunity for Jihye to learn from them not only acting but some words of wisdom as well.

Let's just take calmly if we read comments not favoring Jihye for this role. Like when she's casted in EOE, some also posted negatively about her but

she has proven she can do justice to JiHyun role..and her 2 awards playing JiHyun proved critics wrong. Wht's more important is for Jihye to made her mark as an "actress" in the movie alongside her acting greats co-stars.

Our dear friend "H" opened a thread for the movie:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...278810&st=0

Jihye News today....she will release new shoe designs under her Jinny KIm "H" label this coming September

news content is what we already know very high sales from her designs and her new project

"Like a Moon escaping from the Clouds" is also mentioned in this news.

http://news.nate.com/view/20090730n01941

ju200907292224440.jpg

Guest luthien

^^ oh, you mean when someone said, "SHE'S NOT PRETTY AT ALL?" Did you think I was going to lose control again because of this crazy fandom?? hahaha.. i guess you know me too well. :P

I hear ya I hear ya... beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. I'll keep that in mind. Some little negative comments vs so many positive comments she has gotten through her acting, RED CARPET events, magazine shoots, CFs, etc.. meh..attacks are bound to happen.. just have to get used to it..

I would've been somewhat worried about the more activities on this shoe designing thing if it wasn't for the movie announcement. At least, she is telling us that she has still has big dreams for her acting career.. and that there are still more challenges she can take on.. that she's not satisfied just yet and want to venture out to more serious acting projects... A FILM WITH HWANG JUNG MIN girls!!!!! *throws confettis* Seriously.. it's still unreal to me.. i didn't think it would happen this soon. I was expecting a project, but not big as this.. and with the one dude I've been eyeing!!!! :w00t: but seems like she'll be working more with CSW? teehee... lucky girl.. very very lucky girl.. and we're lucky fans!

errrrr loose control about that? waste of energy, let others have their own opinions......I think all of us are secured about JiHye's looks. More than the looks that landed her soooo many CFs and countless magazine photoshoots......I want her to gain respect for her acting. for ppl to be interested in how she will bring life to the character. I think her face wont be limited to several characters only. She has played dumb cute girl in Sweet18, feisty smart working girl in Likable or Not, then showed she has what it take to transcend from softie rape victim to a fighting greedy ahjumma in EOE. She can be cute, she can smart, but most of all she has that gift of "grace and elegance" in her looks. She can show "many faces" for sure. We should thank PD and writer of EOE for seeing JH has it in her to pull JiHyun role.....well they said after seeing her as Dan Pong in LON...now she's chosen for the movie as PD said because they see her in EOE. I think she's on the right track...career wise. I dont like her to take on same cutesy roles all the time.

Its good she's getting chance to take on projects far from "romeo & juliet" concept. Doing memorable roles and showing excellent acting is her goal because she has no plans of staying in this business once she gets married. hopefully no change of plans on marrying age which is 30.

Guest luthien

^^ Fine mommy, I'll resist wasting any energy. T

he projects she's been taking on are different from the previous one. It shows she can handle different types of characters... but there's one similarity between this gisaeng and Jihyun.. beautiful with a straight and strong heart. I wonder, what kind of preparation will she do for this type of role? Will she be taking traditional Korean dances classes? maybe singing classes? since it's period, the characters seem to speak in a unique way... so this is really a big challenge for her.

Erg.. you gotta remind me of that plan? I'm in denial.. i hope she stays in this business for as long as possible. That's four years away! Can she just stop four years from now??? There's still so much more she can accomplish in this industry. I hope she really changes her mind...

^^ Fine mommy, I'll resist wasting any energy. T

he projects she's been taking on are different from the previous one. It shows she can handle different types of characters... but there's one similarity between this gisaeng and Jihyun.. beautiful with a straight and strong heart. I wonder, what kind of preparation will she do for this type of role? Will she be taking traditional Korean dances classes? maybe singing classes? since it's period, the characters seem to speak in a unique way... so this is really a big challenge for her.

Erg.. you gotta remind me of that plan? I'm in denial.. i hope she stays in this business for as long as possible. That's four years away! Can she just stop four years from now??? There's still so much more she can accomplish in this industry. I hope she really changes her mind...

My wish is for her to be given a dance sequence.....show her dancing for her secret Royal love :) or what if they will show her as an expert sword woman herself?

We can be sure because she is deeply family rooted. She will stop but maybe like the others she can do a movie once in a while.

Hi Girls!....very excited about her new movie, right? finally i've got a chance to see her in beautiful korean classic wardrobe...

just share one of the feature in one of the blog

English News Link : http://daheefanel.wordpress.com/2009/07/28...e-joon-ik-film/

Credit to daheefanel wordpress

Han JI hye Cast in New Lee Joon Ik Film

Oh. Oh dear.

Actress Han Ji Hye has been cast as the female lead in the upcoming Lee Joon Ik film Like The Moon Escapes From Clouds. She plays a beautiful and determined kisaeng who had once loved a man born of the royal family. The film, a sageuk based on the Park Heung Ryong manhwa, takes place in 1596 (so after the Japanese invasion of Korea in 1592). It had also cast Hwang Jung Min, Ryu Seung Beom and Uhm Tae Woong previously, although the latter two names are up in the air as of now (as far as I know, anyway). (The film was originally supposed to start filming in March, but that obviously never happened.) Hwang Jung Min is still confirmed, while there is serious talk that Cha Seung Won (who was last seen in the popular drama City Hall) will be joining the project. Hwang will be playing a blind master swordsman who dreams of creating a new society through rebellion, while Cha, if he decides to join the project, would be playing the protagonist Lee Mong Hak, who raises a peasant rebellion.

Sigh. Why Han Ji Hye? Why? She…is not a good actress. This is disappointing, to say the least. Still. I’m looking forward to this film, because, well, it’s Lee Joon Ik and Lee Joon Ik rocks. And then there’s the Hwang factor. (C’mon. Y’all know I’m slavering to watch this already. Especially since he’s playing a blind swordsman. I cannot WAIT to see him wave a sword around.) If Uhm Tae Woong and Ryu Seung Beom aren’t going to be in this after all, I am seriously going to cry, but Cha Seung Won is a very good actor too, so I’m not too disappointed. (Maybe they’re just playing lesser characters? Cameos? Oh please, let them be in this!)

(Via Osen)

perhaps the writer doesn't know HJH after all...anyway if she is not.. why Lee Joon Ik as a very good & famous director finally choose HJH for lead actress ??? of course because he believes and knows about HJH's good potential on acting capability...he won't jeoperdize his own popularity , right???

Go..Go ..HJH!!! lets prove that you are an excellent actress!!!!...and with those 2 huge actors Hwang Jung Min & Cha Seung Won (I loveee CSW in Bodyguard & City hall..he is typically good looking guy with tall, dark & handsome kind of guy...i hope CSW is the lover of HJH in this movie...and there is no doubt of HJM, he was brilliant in You are my Sunshine ...just get the advantages from those 2 hahahhaa )

picture of them .. credit to cphto asiae

2009072916085630432_1.jpg

Guest luthien

^^ in the movie thread, it did mention somewhere that CSW will play HJH's love interest.

I just like the ring of "lead actress" to the article when it already mentions the names of HJM and CSW..hahah.. I can't get enough of it!!! :w00t:

maybe the writer is the not aware that Jihye has improved which is understandable if writer didnt watch LON & EOE, then he/she didnt see her transformation. I hope Jihye will do so well and prove some critics wrong.

I'm wondering about korean dress in 1596..

Kisaeng info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kisaeng

http://knutimes.com/news/article.html?no=477

luthien LOL

please don't be affected with all the negative comments, lets support her and the whole cast but If their comments are below the belt, i don't think i can control myself he he he.

Wow new shoe design, congrats HJH

For those who doesn't watch her last two drama, please watch it first before commenting he he he Peace.....

maybe the writer is the not aware that Jihye has improved which is understandable if writer didnt watch LON & EOE, then he/she didnt see her transformation. I hope Jihye will do so well and prove some critics wrong.

I'm wondering about korean dress in 1596..

Kisaeng info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kisaeng

http://knutimes.com/news/article.html?no=477

Raf, for kisaeng visualization in current korean movies..check this out..Song Hye Kyo and Ha Ji won appearance in those awesome costumes..

I noticed from Hwang Jin Ye Movie staring by SHK..costumes for kisaeng are using brighter and bolder colors while the ordinary ladies only using pastel and solems color dresses ..and kisaeng hairstyle are seems bigger and more grandeour..

I wonder how HJH appearence in this kind of costume..

Rome..maybe if you're not busy..would you mind to put your "magic of art" for HJH's pretty face on those costumes..thank you before dear!

http://chn.chosun.com/site/data/img_dir/20...000101cul_b.jpg

http://bp3.blogger.com/_eGvV8OEoIy4/Rld772...00/200705180002

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6445/m0...0521w600he1.jpg

Guest luthien

1234: I can't help it! I'm one of those crazy fans that Javabeans hates.. :lol: it sucks cos i enjoy her blog.

Artists mature, they learn and grow... if that writer's basis for his opinion is based on a project 5 years ago.. then he or she is not very updated then? I know he can't watch everything out there... and what can we do? Her breakthrough drama was the ever so controversial EAST OF EDEN. :lol: I can't blame them for passing out on this "EPIC" drama. :lol: I would've avoided this if not for HJH and PHJ's marvelous performances.. see, we had our reason for watching.. for regular viewers.. either they would love it or hate it. I watched it, the drama itself sucks BIG TIME.. Epic failure for me (and i don't wanna go onto details again to explain why it's such a failure.)... sad.. very sad, when this is HJH's best performance to date. oh.. same goes for Park Hae Jin.. ouch.. two hits.. way to go EOE!!!!!

I have confidence in JH.. she studies the character, she embraces it, she absorbs that character.. she not only acts that character, but she becomes that character.. making any sense? So if she proved herself in her previous drama.. if hte PD is convinced.. she sure deserves this opportunity. And my goodness! I'm glad it's CSW... but most of all it's HWANG JUNG MIN y'all!!!

zerapink: I cna't remember much about HJY the movie.. but I absolutely adored Ha Ji Won in the drama. Her portrayal had more oooomph to it. and I liked the writing in the drama better. I fell asleep trying to finish the movie. Promo pictures... i hope the dresses will be colorful.. JH has a very elegant and classy beauty.. maybe others won't see it.. but I'm sure makeup will work something out.. if not, there's always good PS.

i just found this photo in my album:

2d4e91ef96594dc9cf1b3e42.jpg

DW-JH ship... aww.. they're so cute!!! and DW can be very very sexy beast.. :wub: His lucky wife!

Guest theLEGEND

I quoted this post from CSW's thread but I realized that we are talking about HJH, so I've decided to post it here instead. :)

I'm already excited that HJH will get to work with HJM... now that there's a possibility of CSW jumping on board in the film.. I think it will be great! Although I can't remember much of that ghost movie, I loved him in his FO appearance.

Yes, compared to CSW, HJH hasn't had much films... but this is an opportunity for her to prove how worthy of an actress she is. Maybe not a lot watched EOE... but she had her breakthrough in that drama. She came out the strongest among the younger cast. And it was her performance in that drama that caught the PD's attention, and had him personally pick her for this role. Btw, they also made her EOE role meatier when she boarded the EoE ship last year. So she is maturing in this field. I hope people will give her a chance. Each time she steps up her game, she doesn't let anyone down.

To be honest, I'm actually anticipating and excited for Han Ji Hye's comeback and to see what she has in store for this upcoming movie. I can say that I'm not really a big fan of her but I find her very adorable and attractive in her own way. Definitely agree with what you've said above, her performance for "East Of Eden" was in fact came out very strong (although I have to admit that I've stopped watching the drama halfway). Her last drama that I've watched was "Summer Scent" and if you want me to compare between these two, I must say that her acting has improved so much! Another good point being stated, this is a very good opportunity for her to step up her game as she's being paired with veteran actors and moreover, she can learn so much from them. :)

PS: This is my first time posting in this thread and I think I'll start seeing you guys more often~ Cheers! ^^

I quoted this post from CSW's thread but I realized that we are talking about HJH, so I've decided to post it here instead. :)

To be honest, I'm actually anticipating and excited for Han Ji Hye's comeback and to see what she has in store for this upcoming movie. I can say that I'm not really a big fan of her but I find her very adorable and attractive in her own way. Definitely agree with what you've said above, her performance for "East Of Eden" was in fact came out very strong (although I have to admit that I've stopped watching the drama halfway). Her last drama that I've watched was "Summer Scent" and if you want me to compare between these two, I must say that her acting has improved so much! Another good point being stated, this is a very good opportunity for her to step up her game as she's being paired with veteran actors and moreover, she can learn so much from them. :)

PS: This is my first time posting in this thread and I think I'll start seeing you guys more often~ Cheers! ^^

Welcome here...thanks for giving Jihye a chance.

We are her fans but it can be said that we can be her critic. also We are rallying her to do well in the movie. honestly lots of pressures working alongside acting greats. It's an honor for Jihye to be given a chance to work with and learn from them.

Her last projects, drama Likable or Not was highest rating drama of 2008 and EOE gained good ratings and acting praises for her. A movie with HJM & CSW is like a heaven sent follow up.

I can say you did the right thing giving up on EOE halfway :) Watching later parts of EOE was a painful journey for us.

Guest luthien

aRt&musiC<3: welcome to the thread! :D Just like what Rafaelle said, thanks for giving Ji-Hye a chance. I feel she worked so hard to get this far... she needs a project that would challenge her inner talent and allow her shine again. Although I have so much faith in her, unlike HJH and her fans, I'm easily affected by criticisms that are not backed up. If they don't think she's a good actress, at least point out which project or explain why... stiffness? fake crying? stoned expression? maybe constipated look during this or that scene? but I suppose I'm asking too much. I remember her messages before, addressing criticisms.. in summary, she listens to the netizens, to her colleagues.. good or bad reviews, she takes them in and uses it as strength and motivation to become a better actress.

As pointed by Rafaelle:

20090730173920518e7_174218_0.jpg

ohhh... looks like JH and Mr. P have been enjoying each other at the beach.... girl, I'm lovin' the tan!!!

@art&music, welcome to HJH's thread, cheers he he he

Luthien and raf thanks for her new photo.

I have one favor,may i know the link of her baidu photo. Sorry coz i am not using my notebook now.

Thanks a lot!!!

I agree with you luthien, i think they stay more time in a beach LOL

Archived