What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ace.spattervenom

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. Yes I know I'm a extremely late (4 years maybe?)

Lol, late? I haven't even read it yet.

I've read Angels and Demons though.

Currently reading V for Vendetta.

ah-ha. So far I've failed to answer this thread's question properly.

Guest KimBoLee

finished Confessions of a Shopaholic last night..picked up Shopaholic ties the Knot from costco today

reading that until Shopaholic Takes Manhattan arrives in mail =)

Oo me too

Mah sis loves the series so i got her it plus the can u keep a secret n undomestic so im just gonna read it too lol

i read shopaholics n baby first tho and i thot luke n becky were so cute together so i just had to read it fromthe beginning

i was just done shopaholic takesmanhattan soo im on to ties the knot!

Guest csnrain

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

It's a bit dull and I pretty much figured out what it was about and what was going to happen in spite of the author's attempt keep an air of mystery by dropping random hints....I picked it up because it got really good reviews but so far, I'm far from being impressed...

It's a bit dull and I pretty much figured out what it was about and what was going to happen in spite of the author's attempt keep an air of mystery by dropping random hints....I picked it up because it got really good reviews but so far, I'm far from being impressed...

I wasn't impressed by the blurb. But Ishiguro has better works, so try A Pale View of the Hills, An Artist of the Floating World, Remains of the Day and When We Were Orphans. They're all very absorbing and I enjoyed them very much.

Guest davidnuknow

a prayer for owen meany

the colour purple

the memory keeper's daughter

kite runner

gonna start othello soon -_- sighhhh

all the books are for my english class except kite runner...

Guest yongwonhi

Any recommendations? I haven't read a book outside of school since... forever (except for outside reading... ) :X

I'm thinking of reading Life of Pi (Yann Martel). Or... The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold).

Don't know how I would like them though xP

But yeah, I'm currently reading Death of a Salesman (Arthur Miller) for school. We just started it today... seems pretty interesting so far (or at least for the first five pages LOL)

Guest azn_akim

i just finished reading New Moon from the Twilight series. its great! i highly recommend.

the third in the series, Eclipse is coming out in august. i cant wait!

EDWARD CULLEN<3

Guest jirappo.

i just finished The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen, and I LOVEED IT SO MUCH. <33

gonna read more of her books and TWILIGHT by Stephenie Meyer soon. ^^ i wanna read Socrates In Love too. ^^

i love these teen romance novels. :P

Guest Sky's Crying

i just finished The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen, and I LOVEED IT SO MUCH. <33

gonna read more of her books and TWILIGHT by Stephenie Meyer soon. ^^ i wanna read Socrates In Love too. ^^

i love these teen romance novels. :P

Eek...just watch the drama series for Socrates in Love instead (Sekai No Chushin de Ai Wo Sakebu). The translation of the original Japanese story is HORRIBLE. The book is not nearly as moving as the series. The language was empty and lifeless. Don't do it!! :ph34r:

Guest Iridescence

Any recommendations? I haven't read a book outside of school since... forever (except for outside reading... ) :X

I'm thinking of reading Life of Pi (Yann Martel). Or... The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold).

Don't know how I would like them though xP

But yeah, I'm currently reading Death of a Salesman (Arthur Miller) for school. We just started it today... seems pretty interesting so far (or at least for the first five pages LOL)

Oooh. I really like Arthur Miller's works! They're really interesting.

But, yeah! You should read Life of Pi. I loveeeeeeee that book. It's actually one of my favorite books ever. =)

Guest Azn_princess

i just finished reading New Moon from the Twilight series. its great! i highly recommend.

the third in the series, Eclipse is coming out in august. i cant wait!

EDWARD CULLEN<3

YEAHHH EDWARD CULLEN! Ahaaahah I just finished Twilight, =P I have the New Moon right in front of me. AHHAAHHAA. Only on like.. page 75 so far? xDDD

Its a awesome book.

--keemii.

Guest cherryonken

I don't think Kazuo Ishiguro's strength is in his plot but in his character analysis and the subtle relations between them. I found some parts very poignant and well observed in its attention to small details but it frustrated me in parts with this backward/forward "but it is what he told me earlier that afternoon by the pond.." etc etc, that happened too much I found.

A Pale View Of The Hills, it was very good but I didn't get it and there's still some parts I don't understand now...so if anyone cares to explain.

Guest rockydonnatelli

I am reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.

Just finish the first stage of Pip's expectation.

Guest material_girl

reading Suite Francaise atm, fabulous writing, esp since this was translated as well. bravo to the translator

and We Need to Talk about Kevin.

would highly recommend reading some Indian fiction to anyone who's interested, i only started reading them recently

god of small things

midnights children

seduction of silence

life of pi (okay not indian, but about indians)

the namesake

Archived