What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest candacethsu

I just finished rereading Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher

Ahhhhh it's so good, no joke, I recommend it!

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest l♥velyLily

Code Orange by Caroline B. Cooney. :]

it's such a good book, i'm so tempted to read ahead of my group. but I hate the name 'Mitty'...

Guest itrayya

The King Never Smiles by Paul Hardley.

i like learning about Thailand, politics, let's say.

and this book is banned there,

so i wanted to read it to see why,

and to see a different perspective of things.

yah. i like it. im learning a lot.

at least from this author's perspective.

:)

Guest miss.catherine

For class... "Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business" by Neil Postman

Pleasure reading.. "Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America" by Barbara Ehrenreich.

Guest Myss Blewm

"A Clockwork Orange" by Anthony Burgess.

24 pages in and I see what people mean when they say that the book is disturbing. I've seen the movie and it's disturbing but the book is worse seeing as a gang was going to rape a ten year old girl. :crazy: The lingo's harder to follow too in the book so I think it'll take me awhile to finish it.

Guest amore.

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.

I haven't read in aaaaages and I've realised that my ability to speed read has disappeared.

Reinventing Mona

By: Jennifer Coburn

It's surprisingly good for a light read. I thought the storyline was unique. It made me laugh internally a couple of times and it made me laugh out loud like three times. And I also felt like crying like four times while reading it. (And I don't cry for books easily) So I totally recommend it for a light read!!!

Guest DarkAngelInLove

I've just finished "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford, it's a really good read

I'm starting on "Seeing Redd" by Frank Beddor sequel to the "Looking Glass War"

Guest crazyMuka

I'm reading Kafka on the Shore by Murakami and am already halfway through. It's quite intriguing though I was quite surprised at his style of telling this time around, looks like there's a clearer direction in where he wanted to take his viewers, hm... more refrained as well, I dunno, just thought the proses were quite different from the other books of his i have read before. Definitely different from The Wind-up bird chronicle.

Guest starstung

Over the week I finished:

Twisted Sisters by Stephanie Hale

Over The Edge by Emily Blake

Life Or Death by Emily Blake

Blood Roses by Francesca Lia Block

Guest darcyausten86

I've just finished "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford, it's a really good read

I'm starting on "Seeing Redd" by Frank Beddor sequel to the "Looking Glass War"

I loved "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet". The ending was so great and perfect.

Reading, "Selected Poems of Langston Hughes".

Guest neshpa

I finished The Catcher in the Rye a while ago. I was disappointed and a little frustrated that I had actually wasted money on that book. I felt like it was just retelling myself what my life was about. I didn't find it to be filled with genius.

Holden reminded me of my best friend, which didn't exactly make him (Holden) my instant hero. Meh.

Now I'm reading Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. I've always wanted to read this book and it was extra plus when I have to read it for school. I'm halfway through and it's meh. I suppose this book was meant for a women to read something about their own lives in the 1800s. Kind of like how people would read Twilight or some other book. Quite frankly, I don't like to read books like that. It bores me and Pride & Prejudice bores me. Especially since I already know the end of the book.

Archived