For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

^ First off, I love your film set. Alot of great shots. I favorited my favorites !

800??? danggggg I was in Hong Kong over the summer and found a store in North Point that sold film for 45HKD and the cameras for 360HKD (Instax 7s). (Which was a miracle hahaha everytime I went back I was paranoid that the film prices would be raised). If anyone is interested it's easy to get to. Get off at North Point, go up the escalators (NOT through the mural walkway) and when you get out of the exit it's to your right.

I think my sister and I have bought like 50 packs from there haha.

If you go to Log On, there are definitely more expensive. They sell for cheaper at the fuji/kodak developing places. Although, the all choco/white ones are hundreds more everywhere.

I really miss that about Hong Kong, there were film developing places EVERYWHERE.

I gave in. I sent money to Paypal T_T I'm getting it for $40 from this guy off flickr :x I'M SO EXCITED.

Wow, that's really cheap! Thanks for the notice - I might actually get one when I go to Hong Kong =D!!

Did you get the actual camera from the shop you're talking about or just the film? I've never been to HK before and I can't speak Cantonese so I'm really paranoid about going to the smaller stores to buy electronics!

I think I might be staying at Tsim Sha Tsui and I'm not sure how I'll be able to get to North Point though (since my mum and relatives would just be as clueless when we go and we don't really know the contacts of our relatives in HK). Would there be a place in TST that sells Fujifilm Instax for a good price O:?

edit: thanks for the reply (:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my goodness I love lomography lol (: ♥

I've been thinking about getting one of the cameras from the site, since I'd seen them around alot and they're not that pricey (at least not the smaller ones). They produce such beautiful pictures ; __;

Guest breathless.

Did you get the actual camera from the shop you're talking about or just the film? I've never been to HK before and I can't speak Cantonese so I'm really paranoid about going to the smaller stores to buy electronics!

I think I might be staying at Tsim Sha Tsui and I'm not sure how I'll be able to get to North Point though (since my mum and relatives would just be as clueless when we go and we don't really know the contacts of our relatives in HK). Would there be a place in TST that sells Fujifilm Instax for a good price O:?

Just the film.

Well, I don't speak Cantonese either, I'm Korean LOL.

I got along great in HK though. The transportation systems there are really easy to take ~

If you want to get to North Point, just take the MTR. If not, I think there are cheap places that sell film in Mong Kok, which is what, 2 stops away from TST? Someone who is still there can probably tell you more about it haha.

wow the instax is really cheap at hk.

i was planning on just buying them there but we're going there next year august. such a long time from now. T_T

so i guess i'll just buy from here and pay the higher price ><

and maybe when we get there i'll buy more film hehe.

Uverstar : THAT LOOKS SO COOL! haha. i somehow see a buterfly's shape in that photo. lol. but it's really nice... love the colour tones! how did you do that anyway? was it overexposed or something?

Guest Uverstar

haha Dots: yeah it's definately over exposed, I shot against the sun knowing something freaky would happen if i get it developed and well..here it is XD

Guest yummy.pockey

^ $240 HKD. I bought my black slim devil on whim at a log on lol <3

Okay thank you ♥

Just the film.

You didn't say that they sell the camera for 360HKD? o_o *confused*

Guest vivientww

Wow. It's been 2 months since I promised to come back with my bbf photos! >_<

I'll scan them soon.

@ Uverstar That's a pretty overexposed picture!

Guest breathless.

Did you get the actual camera from the shop you're talking about or just the film?

That's why I answered just the film, lol.

I bought my instax in Korea for a lot more expensive T_T I saw the instax that cheap in the store where I buy my film.

Guest breathless.

^ usually yes. The wal-mart/CVS in my area doesn't develop film anymore, but there are still some drugstores that do it. It's not too expensive.. I went to a Walgreens the other day and it was $9 to develop three rolls.. but thats just develop i didn't get prints or scans.

Test shots with the vq1015. I'm still trying to figure it out--took forever to figure out where the battery went -_- haha so far I'm liking the results.

esoh86.jpg

13ydxmb.jpg

I thought I had taken 18 shots, but only 2 came out ? I think the battery is low.

Guest wiwi_an

$9 to develop three rolls!??! :o tats cheap! mine is $5 each :( the 120mm film.

is there anyway to photoshop negative film and turn it into the true colors?

and wut is the name of film that when its processed, it shows the actual colors?

thanks breathless!

i'm really really wanna get one soon...

but but for diana + and diana + f, is the diff is that f has flash? and is the flash really a lot better? its only cause of my budget problem that i'm considering the one without but but would you guys recommend i get it with the flash?

Guest breathless.

is there anyway to photoshop negative film and turn it into the true colors?

and wut is the name of film that when its processed, it shows the actual colors?

? Invert, maybe? I've never had to try--usually when you scan in photos, the scanner will do it for you.

Positive film will show the 'true' pictures (aka slide film).

but but for diana + and diana + f, is the diff is that f has flash? and is the flash really a lot better? its only cause of my budget problem that i'm considering the one without but but would you guys recommend i get it with the flash?

Yeah the f+ has flash capabilities. Well, if you're going to take pictures indoors/at night, than sure, but if you're daytime shooter, than you don't NEED one.

Honestly, I wish I had gotten the Holga before the Diana. It might not be as pretty, but it's alot cheaper and can come 1. in a variety of colors 2. in 35mm format 3. with/without built in flash.

Guest wiwi_an

thanks breathless.!

holgas are around 40 WITH flash :D

nvr tried the flash on my holga yet. maybe later on. but yea the holgas on ebay come it a lot of colors. mine's red and white ^^

Guest Uverstar

well today was a big woop XD

I spent $119 on my developed photos from my Blackbird-fly haha some are LOVELY it's just at the moment I'm thinking more of how much I just spent lol

considering I've spent so much time with my blackbird i think my mind is going weird and thinking more about the shots I take and how much film i go through haha

just wanted to show you how much photos I have now haha

DSCF1264.jpg

bloo. : those are 110 films. it's for cameras like the ikimono, matopara, book camera [it's just a camera that looks like a book]. i think they're under the superheadz brand? not very sure about that though.

Uverstar : WOAH THAT'S CRAZY! LOL. 119 bucks. wow. show us all your shots! haha you will probably go crazy uploading photos!

anyways! there's a new holga product! wondering if you guys know about it. lol. it's the holga 135BC TLR! hahaha. uses 35mm film, so i guess it's more economical.

Archived