For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

woah...

its been awhile since i've been here.

I'm palnning to buy the Diana soon.

then the Holga.

anyone think i should do it the other way aorund?

i was going to get the LCA or the smena.. but they dont sell it at the store i like going to..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest miiloverx2

^ if i was choosing between holga first or diana first.

i'd get the holga first.

first of all, holga is one of the earliest lomo cameras and is one of the most popular cameras for lomographers.

to me, i still don't see Diana+ as something that can compare to the Holga. for one thing, the Holga is much more sturdier o.o haha

but that's only my opinion :)

(if you can find CLASSIC Dianas back from the 60's, then THAT would be awesome)

however, diana+ does have some stuff that the holga does not.

for example, different aperture settings...

maybe you can surf around at flickr and see which effects you like more :)

Guest rrrrrai

I must be really slow, I only discovered this thread now. /:

Oh & does anyone here owns or know of anyone who own a baby holga?

I've seen it around on the net for awhile, they look really cute. ^-^

I might consider getting it since it's pretty cheap, heh.

I WANT A DIANA F+! T^T

woohoo~~~~

alright.. i bought my diana+ a while ago and i've just started using it. : D

i havent developed any film yet but we'll see how that works out!

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

thanks for the tip miiloverx2 :)

but I'm going to buy an old SLR camera tomorrow instead becuase i need it for

my photography class.

ARGHHH!!!

seirously these cmaeras cost a lot of mula!

Guest 13miracles

I have a Diana+ camera like about haft month ago.....havent using it yet.....

I bought the film today....and I'm wondering how do I set it up? T_T

I put the film in already, but it doesnt seem to take any picture....

and I read the instruction (still can not get it lol), and there are part they said Diana came with 2 frames mask....but mine doesnt....what if I dont have it?

Guest renjitehsmex

WANT A HOLGA NAO.

i think to start off for beginner lomographers, a holga will do just fine :D then you can get Diana + next.

HURRAY FOR THIS THREAD.

is anyone using a Polaroid now? I am using a Lightmixer 630SL but the problem with films is making me mad. Apparently, Polaroid is closing down its factories and by 2 years time, NO MORE POLAROID FILMS. OWUEIWDGHSHD.

Guest kkkkk

WANT A HOLGA NAO.

i think to start off for beginner lomographers, a holga will do just fine :D then you can get Diana + next.

HURRAY FOR THIS THREAD.

is anyone using a Polaroid now? I am using a Lightmixer 630SL but the problem with films is making me mad. Apparently, Polaroid is closing down its factories and by 2 years time, NO MORE POLAROID FILMS. OWUEIWDGHSHD.

Theres some speculation recently about Fuji's plan to buy over the patent from Polaroid. So all hope is not lost yet. Other than that, just buy quickly! I will probably get a bunch of double-packs so they can last me for a long time, or at least save me some money before the price goes up.

Guest erure

Theres some speculation recently about Fuji's plan to buy over the patent from Polaroid. So all hope is not lost yet. Other than that, just buy quickly! I will probably get a bunch of double-packs so they can last me for a long time, or at least save me some money before the price goes up.

I use a Polaroid SLR 680 and it's a nice camera from the 80's. That sucks that they're going to stop making the film - now we'll have to deal with individual sellers who make the film privately and charge an arm and a leg <_< I sure hope Fuji makes Polaroid films after Polaroid's gone... By the way you can't just buy up a whole bunch of film because they all have expiration dates (unless you use all the film before the expiration date +_+)...

Guest renjitehsmex

I use a Polaroid SLR 680 and it's a nice camera from the 80's. That sucks that they're going to stop making the film - now we'll have to deal with individual sellers who make the film privately and charge an arm and a leg <_< I sure hope Fuji makes Polaroid films after Polaroid's gone... By the way you can't just buy up a whole bunch of film because they all have expiration dates (unless you use all the film before the expiration date +_+)...

actually if the film goes expired, the quality won't change much until maybe say 5 months past the date, and it turns yellowish but when the chemicals in it starts to dry up real bad, the film will be as good as junk. and we can always store the polaroid films in refridgerators to prolong their imminent death :D

AHHHHH!!!! I SEE LOMO PEOPLE TOO!!!!

i've been trying to bid a supersampler off ebay, because its way cheaper there.

but everyone's killing themselves over it. im thinking of a guerilla bid

at the very last minute :ph34r: any competitors on soompi O_O...T__T

prease say no pfft. though the prices which the bid starts at are unimaginable (9.99)

as compared to the usual prices @ lomo shops. can someone explain why?

well, besides the fact that some bid for their own stuff to increase the price.

I bought the Holga Fisheye Set over the summer but haven't had time to play around with it. I couldn't decide if I wanted the Holga itself or the Fisheye so I got it as a combo :) If I had the money, I would definitely spend it on the Horizon Perfekt and the Polaroid Spectra Camera.

Guest miiloverx2

^ rrawrr.... i just saw the polaroid spectra in the lomo shop and i was like O.O HOLY CRAP. MUST GET.

and then i saw something.. it said "camera can not be folded"....

sigh.

oh oh oh.. and and and i just saw that they are selling expired film in the lomo shop here in HK.

I AM SO GOING THERE OVER THE WEEKEND.

god. i can't wait.

best thing to do is subscribe to their newsletter. haha

they really do keep you up to date. and you always know about new products!

for example.. when you've just bought a Diana+, they send you a newsletter telling you they've released the Diana F+.......................... o_o

they just keep popping these cameras out of nowhere.. and take my wallet with them.

haha

i'm going to japan soon.. so i can buy a ton of film :D <333333

Guest MUGETSU

AHHHHH!!!! I SEE LOMO PEOPLE TOO!!!!

i've been trying to bid a supersampler off ebay, because its way cheaper there.

but everyone's killing themselves over it. im thinking of a guerilla bid

at the very last minute :ph34r: any competitors on soompi O_O...T__T

prease say no pfft. though the prices which the bid starts at are unimaginable (9.99)

as compared to the usual prices @ lomo shops. can someone explain why?

well, besides the fact that some bid for their own stuff to increase the price.

this is for all items on ebay.

the sellers know that their items will definitely be bidded up to above its starting price and in the case of these popular cameras, will be around market or above market price. they set it low because the higher you set your starting bid, the higher the fees that you get charged for listing your items on ebay.

Guest Boom Boom

I got a HOLGA for Christmas, I've taken pictures with it. I have about 7 rolls of undeveloped film and i have yet to see what my Holga is capable of. The only bad thing is that the medium 120 film is not so popular now that they had to ship 1 roll of film to california to develop. takes about a week. yay. It's cool though from the pictures I've seen it should be well worth it..ill just go wait patiently now

Guest pascal

I've been planing on geting an lomo lc-a for a while now but I don't know if it's worth it.. it would cost me 250 euro if I order it from their official online shop and I'm happy with the analog camera (canon ftb) that I use now..

Guest ovovoovo

Wow! Lomography looks interesting.. my friend owns one, and she says the film is expensive. Is it that expensive though? xP

Archived