For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

Guest BAZINGA!

I have a holga and a fisheye and I've never used both...ever.. I keep telling myself to go buy film, but I've just never gotten around to it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest d0ts

question!

i've been a lurker and i'm thinking about starting off with either an action sampler or super sampler and working my way up to a holga or diana or even the LC-A but when you take pictures, are you supposed to move around or stay still? especially for the supersampler and actionsampler i wasn't sure if you had to move around ot get nice action shots. :)

hello! haha, it's really up to you, but i think if you move around, the pics MIGHT turn out blurred. i'm not sure, but there's always that possibility right? most of the time, people just take the pics without moving i guess. well, i took pics with my actionsampler that way. you can always like have a combination. like try 1 shot with you moving instead, and another without. just experiment with it!

I have a holga and a fisheye and I've never used both...ever.. I keep telling myself to go buy film, but I've just never gotten around to it.

oh!!!! get film! haha. it's fun!

Guest angelic_betrayal

question!

i've been a lurker and i'm thinking about starting off with either an action sampler or super sampler and working my way up to a holga or diana or even the LC-A but when you take pictures, are you supposed to move around or stay still? especially for the supersampler and actionsampler i wasn't sure if you had to move around ot get nice action shots. :)

I have the supersampler and you're supposed to move around. I think that's the point of the camera. My first roll of film I had my subjects moved and that kinda failed. Now I set my shutter speed at the lower of the two and I move my subjects and the camera. But it's really up to you and what you're shooting. I think it's a pretty simple camera which is why I chose to start off with it :) && the effects are more unique I guess and a lot of people take notice haha :P

Guest leeahh

Question! Would it be okay to use my diana+ without a frame mask? I think I might have thrown mine away without knowing.. :crazy:

haha yeah you don't really need them unless u want smaller photos? just make sure that the arrow on the film count window is pointed at "12" and i think the other frame mask is for seamless panorama but im pretty sure u can still use pano without it but it just won't be as smooth. =]

Guest ohsnapp

is there any editing tools for the oktomat??

like animating it?

got my negatives developed and printed :] and i would love to see them animated...

please pm?

Guest jimalaz

hi.. i also love lomography... i have a fisheye 2 cam and non-lsi cam like vivitar uws..

but i have a problem with my fisheye 2, the flash isn't working.. what should i do??

Guest d0ts

^ probably send it for repair if you know of anywhere that does repair services of such cameras? if it cannot be fixed, i guess u can only use it under daylight conditions. does the fisheye 2 camera have a hotshoe? if yes, u can buy a new flash and attach it.

i developed my 2nd roll! camera used is vivitar UWS, and the film is lomoslide.

3595109028_2b8f8d6700.jpg

Singapore Flyer. currently the world's largest ferris wheel.

3594290619_ba998cd2b4.jpg

3594291773_e50fe8b0ec.jpg

3594285851_002939e988.jpg

3594284631_02c8dda32f.jpg

Guest leeahh

^ probably send it for repair if you know of anywhere that does repair services of such cameras? if it cannot be fixed, i guess u can only use it under daylight conditions. does the fisheye 2 camera have a hotshoe? if yes, u can buy a new flash and attach it.

i developed my 2nd roll! camera used is vivitar UWS, and the film is lomoslide.

DUDE!! they're soooo PRETTY!!! I love the ferris wheel ones and the colours in the last one! omgaahhh

actually I LOVE EM ALL!! hahaha :P

^

hmm.. i think it depends on your preferences.

maybe buy something cheap to "play" with it first.

i bought diana f+

but i've nikon film camera too.

Guest d0ts

haha thanks for all the comments. those are the better few among the rest. the rest kinda... suck. HAHA!

beginner lomo cam? hmm, i guess it really depends. you can try getting a point-and-shoot camera like the vivitar ultra wide and slim [currently not being produced anymore i believe], or other point-and-shoot cameras that are similar to the vivitar UWS. those are really easy to work with because u just have to "point and shoot". as for the other cameras like the diana+, holga, horizon, LCA etc etc, they need some kind of settings before you can "shoot", like the focus, N or B modes, etc. of course they cost more and have more features compared to a point-and-shoot camera.

^ thanks you two !

lomo really looks nice, so i wanna get into too.

i need a hobby.

d0ts how much did u pay for ur UWS ?

Guest OOOOO

i really like this place :D i have a holga(i dont even know how i came across it). i took one roll with a 120 Medium Format Film cus it came with it, but i ended up with horrible pictures... and now it sits in my car.. i hope its not broken :ph34r: any suggestions on taking pretty pics? mine came out really blurry.

Also can someone guide me on using a 35mm film? i noticed that alot of the pictures online look like this:

35mm_4.jpg

how would it look like when developed?

Guest strawberry.llamas

uber32_web-large_medium.jpg

sky_web-large_medium.gif

scan_web-large_medium.jpg

memyungjoanna3_web-large_medium.gif

untitled_animation_web-large_medium.gif

uber42_web-large_medium.jpg

untitled_animation_web-large_medium.gif

^lol i hope they doesn't mind :P ^-^

i like this picture :]

might and get it enlarge so i can put it on my wall ^^ ( i mean the sky one :P)

would look so much better if it was with 120 film TT ^ TT

sorry for adding to many big pictures and lots of .gifs!

dOts lookign at your picture wants me to buy slide film sooo badly.

Guest d0ts

`LANE: i paid $30 [singapore dollars]. probably around... 20 plus US dollars? not sure about the current price though.

groovyharvy:

haha i like this thread too. lol. how to take pretty pics? hmm, i don't know. haha. just look around on flickr for some inspiration? idk, perhaps u can try taking photos with different perspectives or with different composition. urgh idk how to say it. like try taking photos at hip level [without looking through the viewfinder], or place it on the floor, or position your camera above your head [lol, you will probably be in an awkward position though. haha!]. or even take photos with a theme in mind? oh, your pics came out blurry? hmm, did you set it at B mode accidentally? use N mode if there's enough sunlight and if you can't stabilise the camera. hmmm, idk how to explain. also, did you set the focus before taking a pic?

for 35mm film... hmm. idk how to guide you... lol. just take pictures as per normal? i like the picture you posted though! love the sprockets, love the light leak!

Guest miiloverx2

For those of you who like to play around and experiment with slide film (like me), here's a few pages that I've scanned from a Japanese magazine called Snap! that could be helpful if you're planning to cross-process. Though it's in Japanese - it's quite straight forward. I buy a lot of Japanese photography magazines and Snap! is my favorite because it's centered around Lomography. I highly recommend this magazine! Even if you can't read Japanese - the photos are just awesome to feed your eyes on. So.. try to get your hands on it!! Online or your local Asian bookstore? ahha

自動補正ナツ - overexposed

自動補正少なめ - underexposed

通常自動補正 - at box-speed

Page 1: Fujichrome Sensia III (RAIII) iso 100, Fujichrome Astia100F (RAPF) iso100, Fujichrome T64 (RTP) iso64

Page 2: Fujichrome Velvia 100 (RVP 100) iso100, Fujichrome Velvia 100F (RVP F - i think it should be RVP100F) iso100, Fujichrome Provia 400X (RXP) iso400

Page 3: Fujichrome Provia 100F (RDPIII) iso100, Fujichrome Velvia 50 (RVP 50) iso50, Fujichrome Trebi 100C iso100, Kodak Professional E100VS (E100VS) iso100

Page 4: Kodak Professional Elite Chrome Extracolor (EBX) iso100, Kodak Professional E200 (E200) iso200, Kodak Professional Elite Chrome 200 (ED-3) iso 200, Kodak Professional E100G (E100G) iso100

Page 5: Kodak Professional E100GX (E100GX) iso100, Kodak Professional Ektachrome 64 (ERP) iso64, Kodak Professional Ektachrome 64T (EPY) iso64, Kodak Professional Ektachrome 100Plus (EPP) iso100

Page 6: Agfa Precisa CT iso100, Lomography X-Pro Slide iso100

1 th_page1.jpg 2 th_page2.jpg 3 th_page3.jpg

4 th_page4.jpg 5 th_page5.jpg 6 th_page6.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality - I have the worst scanner in the world. ugh.

Some of these film are harder to find outside of Japan :/

Hope this is helpful!!

Archived