For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered a Diana Edelweiss and have done lomography before, but that was when I didn't know it was lomography haha I was about 5 when my mom gave a toycamera as a gift.

Anyway, I just want to ask whether you really need to do or get all those things that you guys are talking about to get those kinds of effects in pictures? With normal film and getting it developed it like usual wouldn't be a problem for lomography right? As the camera itself creates those effects.

Sorry if I come off really... stupid (lol) but my mother never got the pictures I made developed so I'm basically a real noob at this. Please keep on posting your pictures by the way, everyone! I enjoy them very much :)

My Diana Edelweiss Edition camera arrived! :D It's this one:

Diana+Edelweiss.jpg

I have a soft spot for white haha it's a lot lighter than I first thought it would be, but I'm very glad with my purchase. I have 3 roles of black and white (ISO 100) and one of color (ISO 400). I'm shooting with black and white now and saving the color one for last when I get the hang of it.

One really unfortunate thing is that the film is so expensive. And that for a max of 16 pics a role!

Guest NO NAME?

Nice! That's the exact camera that I plan on buying next.

Yeah, film is quite expensive unless you buy it in bulk, but I find that getting it developed + prints cost a bit more.

Actually, there are 36 exposures rolls out there that you can try shooting.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest siabyul

I like them(;

I didn't know about lomo cameras until a few months ago, and I'm still not sure what they really are.

I can see the difference in how the photos come out though. It's really nice<3

• 3 weeks later...

nevtok.png

Got the white Diana mini last weekend for $46 <3

Just finished my first roll of film and going to go get it developed tomorrow. I have this bad feeling that most of the pictures are going to turn out bad because the weather hasn't been cooperating with me lately haha ^^;

my friends bought me an x:version as a birthday present! it's something like a digital camera that has 5 effects to choose from when taking photos. there's no display screen, so i can only see the photos when i use the computer. it's similar to a vistaquest. and oh, it has video mode too, though it doesn't have voice recording. haha.

this is not exactly lomography-related though. haha. but i think the idea of not being able to view the photos instantly is similar to the excitement and anticipation of developing a film roll.

5122090975_b71eeed7bd_m.jpg5122693730_b679aa14e3_m.jpg

5122090217_10941b7bcb_m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SherTeukie <3

My VQ1015 just came in the mail today, i was so excited to open it and finally use it!

BUT.... The moment i slot in the memory card, it shows "E53" on the screen, apparently my SD card is too huge for the camera? (4GB)

Anyone can confirm this? Quite saddened by the fact i still can't use the camera T_T.

My VQ1015 just came in the mail today, i was so excited to open it and finally use it!

BUT.... The moment i slot in the memory card, it shows "E53" on the screen, apparently my SD card is too huge for the camera? (4GB)

Anyone can confirm this? Quite saddened by the fact i still can't use the camera T_T.

Put in a 2GB SD card and it should work. 2GB is the maximum.

Guest nobody knows

debating if I want those cheapie lomo cameras?

like the robot/star/etc. kind:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img.inkfrog.com/pix/Wangdecheng9898/14316_bb.jpg/img]

anyone know if they're any good?

^ hmmm, it depends on whether you will use it frequently. my friend has one, but she hasn't even finished a roll before. she's just not the kind who will take photos.

Hey d0ts, how are you liking your x:version? I recently boguht one too but so far I haven't been as impressed with it as I was with the vq1015. I'm starting to wish I bought a new vq instead of the x:version.

^ I kinda like it probably because I like the square format of the photos more than the rectangle format. I have never used the vistaquest before so I can't compare. I just don't like having to hold it there for 3 seconds before it takes a picture. Is the vistaquest like that?

Guest nobody knows

hmm, I know I'll definitely use up the entire roll, my problem is the film >:

and developing T T for now I have photo class so I can develop it in class, but when I graduate, I won't have a place to develop my pictures .. or jack the film from HAHAH >__>

Archived