For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wiwi_an

i'm debating btw 2 cameras tat i'm getting on gmarket.

i'm not sure if these are considered lomography......

this is kinda like the actionsampler:

Picture3.png

for actionsampler, there's no option where u can shoot one side and then later on shoot the other side?

and this is i think mostly for the look. its only sold in korea, its a camera in a can!

Picture4.png

both use 35mm film. which one do u think i should get?

Guest breathless.

yuns: yay ! : o your pictures are glowing

^

Yeah, for the action sampler, there is no choice--it's not a half frame camera. (Maybe you can mod it ?? Not quite sure.)

The other camera is cute.

I was at Claire's and in the sales area they have a 35mm camera that takes 4 consecutive shots (like the actionsampler) It was $22 but it's about 75% off... so haha there goes another option for you.

I... would go with whatever's pictures you like. What do the soda can's pictures look like?

I'm a candy bar : i love your cat photo! haha.

wiwi_an : the actionsampler takes both shots simultaneously once you have pressed the shutter. my friend has that, but hers has 4 lenses. hmm... my friend hasn't been using it after using one roll though. i guess it depends on yourself, whether you will continue to use it frequently or not?

yuns : i like those shots! you don't have to worry about your foot, i somehow think it added something extra to the shot? i wouldn't have liked it as much if not for your foot. and i don't mean to sound weird. lol.

Guest breathless.

I hate scanning. I never want to do it again -_-;;

Finally scanned my BBF roll from Niagara Falls-- two strips using silverfast

wayyyy too low contrast/blue -- I scanned again using the epson software those came out 'normal' but I don't mind these

I'm going to scan again (when I don't feel like lasjldfd myself) with the sprockets

http://i36.tinypic.com/bfg9yf.jpg

Roll from my BSD from this pumpkin patch play area.

30w74o6.jpg

3094sb7.jpg

Roll from the 3d cam

55m714.jpg

2pzm9gp.jpg anomaly

yuns omgah finally!! i checked out your set and they're epic!! i actually quite like the detail of the grass in the first one~ havies ftw! and i really like the somewhat distorted look of the pole in that second one :D :D welcome to the lomo family B)

I didn't even realise it looked that distorted haha. I think it might also have somethign to do with me moving around a lot.

yuns - woah i'm loving the vignette.

after a year, i finally scanned in my first roll taken with a holga 135bc. most of them are either blurry or have the wrong white balance lol only a few came out somewhat decent *sobs*

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2699/408906..._b1331e4ec1.jpg

Yeh I got it mostly because of the vignetting. I love how the light hits the window there. And how it's slightly grainy, there's a real sense of nostalgia which makes me think of lying around on a lazy summer afternoon.

yuns : i like those shots! you don't have to worry about your foot, i somehow think it added something extra to the shot? i wouldn't have liked it as much if not for your foot. and i don't mean to sound weird. lol.

Hahaha, I know hwat you mean. It's a little less boring with foot in it.

I hate scanning. I never want to do it again -_-;;

Finally scanned my BBF roll from Niagara Falls-- two strips using silverfast

wayyyy too low contrast/blue -- I scanned again using the epson software those came out 'normal' but I don't mind these

I'm going to scan again (when I don't feel like lasjldfd myself) with the sprockets

http://i36.tinypic.com/bfg9yf.jpg

Roll from my BSD from this pumpkin patch play area.

http://i38.tinypic.com/30w74o6.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/3094sb7.jpg

Roll from the 3d cam

http://i37.tinypic.com/55m714.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2pzm9gp.jpg anomaly

Seeing your film shots always tempts me into film again but I have no monies for film. T_T

Hi! I'm hoping to buy a lomo cam this winter holidays and i was looking at 35mm film cams, so what i had in mind was the Holga 135 bc or the diana mini. If i were to get the holga i would also get the fish eye lens :D and the mini doesn't have interchangeable lens right? :( Anyways, i was just wondering which camera would you recommend for the picture quality (vignetting and dreamy looking pictures).

p.s. do you always have to use expired film?? can i just use plain 35 mm film i can buy anywhere?

p.p.s would i be able to use the cams for night shots? or would i have to get a flash if i want to take pics at night?

Sorry for all the questions ^^;;

I'm a Candy Bar the first one is just... wow. it's so good!! lighting is :ph34r: I like the last one too! the colours are so soft and the framing is really nice :D

breathless. BSD!! really love the colours in the first one and the little light leak at the top right corner. the sky looks so pretty in the second one and i love the balance between the sky and the corn stalks B)

L3m0n 35mm cams tend to have less vignetting than 120 cams in general so the mini won't have much but the holga 135bc would have more vignetting since 'bc' means black corners (?) but holgas tend to have sharper lenses than dianas so for the softer/dreamy look the mini would probs better.. but yeah i think the holga would be more worth it since you can interchange lenses and they're considerably cheaper too.

you don't always have to use expired film. you can use whatever film! as long as it fits! haha some just prefer expired film because they're more unpredictable. they can either produce less saturated or heaps more saturated photos :]

you can take night shots without flash if your camera has a B/bulb setting and a tripod and time to spare.. they can be a bit tricky! so flash would be preferrable =]]

good luck!!!

yay! i'm finally done with my A level exams! went out to a shop today to get my diana mini casing!

4121146227_c5690bc1a5_m.jpg

4121148437_edf36b15f9_m.jpg

it's made in korea, and i first saw it online. heard that it's sold on ebay. the quality's pretty good to my surprise. there's so many other colours too! red was also really pretty... lol.

Guest Uverstar

does everyone remember that Japanese magazine that released the DIY TLR camera? well I received mine on Friday, and I just built it but the thing is, THE SHUTTER DOESN'T WORK T_T I'm so sad.....so I'm going to this Japanese repair man in the city next week to see if he can help me haha

DSCF1301.jpg

can't wait till it's fixed haha

d0ts omgah that is the cutest thing!! congrats on finishing your exams! B)

Uverstar aw that sucks! I'm probably gonna get mine sometime this coming week :]

hope you manage to fix it! the pics i've seen on the flickr group are amazing!

leeahh : haha yup yup, i'm uber happy that i don't have to touch all my school notes again! lol.

UVERSTAR MY GOSH MY GOSH YOU HAVE IT ALREADY?! hahahahaha. the shop i went to today does sell it, but the stocks are not in yet! the 2nd batch of orders have not reached and there's a delay. i had to be on the waiting list and there's like tons of people in front of me waiting too. T.T the person also couldn't guarantee that i will be able to get it... dang it. i tried playing with the shop owner's one for a bit, and it's so cool! hope your shutter gets fixed soon! can't wait to see the results!

Guest breathless.

d0ts: that is SO cute

I'm back home for thanksgiving break ~ Everytime I use this camera the outcome is a surprise.

2nqsmk7.jpg

2j2j5sj.jpg

-- vistaquest 1015

leeahh: you should post up your pictures! the ones on your tumblr are great <3

OMO! Those pics are BEAUTIFUL! :ph34r: I really liiikeee!!

oh and thaaaanks <3 but which pics do you mean? ^^' I think the lomo ones I've put up on tumblr I've already posted here a while back :]

Guest wiwi_an

does everyone remember that Japanese magazine that released the DIY TLR camera? well I received mine on Friday, and I just built it but the thing is, THE SHUTTER DOESN'T WORK T_T I'm so sad.....so I'm going to this Japanese repair man in the city next week to see if he can help me haha

%7Boption%7DDSCF1301.jpg

can't wait till it's fixed haha

:o i love DIYs. where'd u get it? and how much was it? :T

hope the shutter gets fixed :)

Guest breathless.

i got my first roll off my white slim angel today~

alot of them were underexposed...only have a handful of good ones -.-

Out of all of your shots, this one is my favorite: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2633/412311..._9baf4ebf2a.jpg

I like the angle, the muted colors, the shadows ~

leahhh: seriously? haha maybe I missed those. I like the recent polaroids.

Guest My Sweet September

So, I really want to get into lomography...my DSLR died, I need something to fill the void until I can buy a new shiny camera. But everything died on my at once...My laptop, my PC, My DSLR, ugh lol all so expensive so I can't even afford a Holga right now.

So...I downloaded an app today for my Iphone called Lomostyle. It's not quite the same, I feel like i am cheating, but I have liked the images I have created so far. before I hated taking pictures with my Iphone and now I love it!

The only problem is, I cannot get too close to objects, the Iphone lens is completely inept at macro photography >.>

I guess i'll share some, I was stuck at my parents house all day so I just took pics of random things I found around the house...and of my dogs.

10843_1278796336327_1422592332_30785210_2231445_n.jpg

10843_1278796736337_1422592332_30785211_5284160_n.jpg

10843_1278797176348_1422592332_30785218_126641_n.jpg

10843_1278797776363_1422592332_30785220_1788016_n.jpg

10843_1278804536532_1422592332_30785242_2682742_n.jpg

10843_1278805176548_1422592332_30785243_2566406_n.jpg

10843_1278738054870_1422592332_30785038_7073464_n.jpg

10843_1278738454880_1422592332_30785040_3819142_n.jpg

My Sweet September : your shots are really nice! i love the piano one. and your dogs are so cute! hope you get everything fixed soon! and then get a lomo camera. or just any film camera. LOL. film rocks!

Archived