3. Lomography does not interfere with your life, it's a part of it

4. Get as close as possible to the objects of your lomographic desire

5. Don't think (William Firebrace)

6. Be fast

7. You don't have to know what's going to be captured on your film

8. You don't have to know what's on the film afterwards either

9. Shoot from the hip

10. Don't worry about rules

Share you thoughts, lomographics, type of camera. Basically anything on lomography B)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest felinewong

lomography rocks!

its sooo much fun, i was playing around with my friend's holga

the images are definitely unique

i still haven't got the chance to buy the diana+ yet, but i am going to real soon

Guest bonbons

i'm thinking of purchasing a diana+ too..or maybe a holga, from urban outfitters~

but I'm having a hard time choosing which one to get first lolol

i also saw the fish lense, and the 4 color ones...>< so hard to choose!!! and i actually heard that the diana+ isnt as great?? hmm

which one's good to start with?

by the way felinewong: awesome website&photography =)

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

My friend bought one for me in Korea as a present.

but i haven't got it yet.

she says its a surprise..

I'll be receiving it next week WOOP!

But going on the website.. makes you go wow!

i want it all! lol

Plus besides the fact that the photos turn out so unique..

the cameras are ultra cute too :)

I love lomography but I don't really use my Holga. Anyone want to take it off my hands, please pm (I've never used it and it's sitting in the box in new condition in my closet - yes I'm stupid).

Guest miiloverx2

YESS FINALLY!! people with the same interest!! hehehe

i've been waiting for a lomo thread for a while :rolleyes:

i have an LCA+ (though i wanted to get the old one), Fisheye and a Diana+

i want a Holga :(

personally, i am in love with lomography because you're playing with "toy cameras" and you can't really predict the outcomes of your shots.

and that's pretty much WHY i lomo. it's because of the little excitement i feel when i go to a photo developer :)

(but i wanna try developing my own :P )

i'm thinking of purchasing a diana+ too..or maybe a holga, from urban outfitters~

I'd suggest getting the Holga. Diana+ is a bit hard to get nice pictures. the outcome isn't like.. WOAH or even.. wow.. that the other lomo cameras would give off.

I like to use those mini holgas too!! i used to have one but i gave it to my cousin :(

hehehe i'm so happy when it comes to lomography

Guest Alicesan

i really really really want a lomo!

especially a Holga or a Diana F+. i can't decide!

thing is, is that i'm a complete noob at using film cameras, i'm more adept at using digital ^_^;

^ that sounds ridiculous. hahah.

but hopefully i'm getting one soon since its my birthday in less than a month! *fingers crossed*

thing is, is that i'm a complete noob at using film cameras, i'm more adept at using digital ^_^;

^ that sounds ridiculous. hahah.

no, I'm totally with you on that one! plus, when the goal of taking lomo pictures is to get NICE/COOL looking pictures, I feel like I can't do it haha

but god, this is one hobby I REALLYYY want to pick up. I need money though =_=

Okay, this may sound pretty...sad but, I've never heard of lomography until now o.o

It looks really interesting though, the pictures you take with it look cool~ o:

Guest miiloverx2

^Here's a bit of history:

Lomography actually started out when two guys took interest in a camera called the Lomo Kompakt Automat(now became the LC-A) in Russia and decided to invest in it so they could distribute it outside the Soviet Union.

So then, in the 90s, when the camera was starting to lose its popularity, a bunch of students "discovered" it and took it to the next level. What they did was they began to open exhibitions and used the camera to take pictures anywhere possible. They would take pictures at the most impossible positions and take snapshots where ever. So the outcome were exuberant, vivid, never-before-seen photos. So, by word of mouth, relatives, friends, whatever, the popularity of this camera grew. Thus, the Lomographic Society was born! TAH-DAH!

so yea, eventually, they began producing other cameras like the Holga, Fisheye, ActionSampler and so forth.

(LOL i'm actually doing a piece of homework and i chose to do lomography haha)

It's a really spontaneous sort of photography with plastic cameras that could be made dirt cheap.

Digital photography and Lomography is two HUGELY different things. Even though Photoshop can reproduce the many effects that Lomo cameras can, they are still very different.

You may put a lot of time into getting the prettiest shot on a D-SLR but with a Lomo camera, you can shoot in a blink of an eye (without looking through the viewfinder!)

Lomography is truly, one of the best things I've ever come upon in my 17 years of living :lol: seriously!

Guest negitoro

Lomography is just one of those things that amuses me to no end.

I mean, all the time people are debating on picture quality, lens sharpness, increasing to uncountable amounts of megapixels etc and then there's an entire faction of people devoted to a type of photography using the crappiest cameras known to man LOL ;)

Seriously, I love some of the pictures that 'lomographers' produce but it really seems to me that bad lomography is just pretty much generic/bad snapshots with a special effect on them. Coaxing a good image out of these cameras probably takes more skill and artistry than I have LOL

Guest felinewong

but I'm having a hard time choosing which one to get first lolol

i also saw the fish lense, and the 4 color ones...>< so hard to choose!!! and i actually heard that the diana+ isnt as great?? hmm

which one's good to start with?

by the way felinewong: awesome website&photography =)

thanks a lot! :D

Guest Juli~<3

tried it twice.

cool effects but a lot of practise needed!

film is quite expensive too.

but results are amazing!

tempted at using it for my final project buttt havent quite got used to it yet, and i think i prefer my digi cam hmmm =/

Guest witchyangelkk

Im interested in Lomography... but nowadays developing film is so expensive =P

I think i might get a Holga camera... but which effect is better? Regular or Pinhole? (im indecisive =D)

- HaiKi

Guest miiloverx2

^ yesss i agree! developing can be so expensive -.- (i should've developed my photos onto a cd too)

it's why a lot of communities out there discuss on different locations for cheaper photo developing services.

but i'm too lazy -.-

i gotta admit, lomo is pretty nifty im thinking of getting 1. which model do u soompiers like best/most ?

:) np!

hmm for a "fun" camera, you could get the fisheye or actionsampler ones or the Horizon (this ones pretty cool)

for a more "serious" camera, you could get the LCA+ (HIGHLY recommended) or Holga :)

The LC-A is relatively more expensive though..

Personally though, if you don't mind carrying big (but light) cameras, you could get the Holga. LC-A is quite heavy but a little bit more compact.

oh and.. buying/developing 120 film is much harder than getting normal 35mm film. keep in mind!

I think i might get a Holga camera... but which effect is better? Regular or Pinhole? (im indecisive =D)

often times when you shoot pinhole, you will get a very dream life effect. i think you could get a regular one because i've seen people modify their holga to pinholes on their own.. but i'm not TOO sure about it. LOL

but it's really your own choice and what kind of style you like!!! lomo is all about having FUN! and enjoying the process!

the Diana+ (which is pretty similar to the holga.. but simpler -.-) has a pinhole function.. and you can just take off the lens ..

not sure about the Holga :P

Guest bonbons

with either the 35mm or 120 can i take them to a regular photo store and get them developed or do I have to do it myself? o_o;; *stupid question i know XD *

with either the 35mm or 120 can i take them to a regular photo store and get them developed or do I have to do it myself? o_o;; *stupid question i know XD *

You can get them developed at a photo developing center. I think they charge extra for the 120mm and they take longer as well.

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

is there certain type of film to use ? i thought they use 35mm ? like regular film.

i gotta admit, lomo is pretty nifty im thinking of getting 1. which model do u soompiers like best/most ?

Depending which camera you use, you can either use the standard 35mm or 120mm. Expired film can also be used (its pretty cool B)) You can also do what they call cross-processing which gives the photo more vivid colours and contrast (but you must use a slide film for it)

I think for a first camera, you can go for either something like a Holga or a Diana.

But something more playful?, try an Action Sampler, Fisheye or Colourspalsh

^_^

- HaiKi

Holga Gallery

Theres a link where you can compare the Holda Pinhole and the regular Holga and other effects a holga can do

B)

:) np!

hmm for a "fun" camera, you could get the fisheye or actionsampler ones or the Horizon (this ones pretty cool)

for a more "serious" camera, you could get the LCA+ (HIGHLY recommended) or Holga :)

You have awesome knowledge on Lomography B)

But the Horizon is sooo expensive! i'll to save up for that.,. but the photos come out so.. amazing :)

Archived