[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

What really ticked me off is Dong Chul's lack of emotion when he first found out Young Ran was kidnapped. He was like... Uh.... If his character INTENDED to be calm so that Pres. Guk will think he doesn't like Young Ran anymore, he needs to OVERDO the apathy but let some worry leak through in his personal time with more flashbacks. Because I don't want to believe that he doesn't love her anymore.

Hmmh, to think about it .. yeah he was pretty calm. It's unlike Dong Chul who would run a thousand miles to go save YR in the past. Where is the love ?????

I must also say that I don't like how the gradually and drastically minimize HR screen time on this episode ! I mean c'mon man !!!!! <_<

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG I've been a silent reader all this time and I need to let this out, SH oppa's acting has really improved and I'm so proud of him *HUGS oppA* :blush:

glad you noticed SSHsaranghae he sure did B)

Hmmh, to think about it .. yeah he was pretty calm. It's unlike Dong Chul who would run a thousand miles to go save YR in the past. Where is the love ?????

i think in regards to him being so calm...it's open to an individual's opinion...because though you're right, DC will swim hundreds of miles to save his gukja...however, he just had a really very emotionally heavy day...the toll of knowing that all your life you've been living for your brother who he realized now is the son of his enemy...i think that it's justified for him being "numbed" to YR's situation more so than "calm" by your description...

in EOE thus far, DC's love for YR was never severed, in his heart YR always lives...however in his heart is also a condition of everything for DW, it's how DC lived all his life...the very foundation of DC's life is being shaken by the revelation...but for him to even go into harms way for YR is commendable and a testimony of his love for her as well.

Guest FakeBirD

The birth secret was delayed by about 5 episodes.

Hence EOE's extension of another 5 episodes or so (if any) is reasonable.

There is potential development plot in MH-JH, DC-DW-STH etc.

The reveal of the birth secret is not the end of the drama.

After the birth secret is revealed, how people are affected, their reflection, how they will cope and the path they choose etc. will be the next focus points of the drama.

What intended to be a great drama can only become a good drama at best. With the leaving of one of its star, and now with possible dragged out storyline, these writers can not maintain any resemblance of its intended grandeur. I for one do not want any more "watering down" of the entire storyline.

Guest edenlove

in EOE thus far, DC's love for YR was never severed, in his heart YR always lives...

By going forward to meet the Macau guys, DC is going to sacrifice his life for YR.

The Macau guys are not after money but a life-to-life exchange for the death of Mike's second brother.

Having been a silent reader and scanned through most of the controversy and updates on the drama I cannot feel anything but disappointment. Looking back now to the start...with Kim Bum & the early stuff with SSH, the latter half of EOE just falls short. It's like they are two seperate dramas...the dramatic, epic and promising start has now turned into a desperate sappy love story. I'm sorry for those who support DC & YR but personally I feel their little "merry-go-round love story" has cost this drama from achieving it's full potential. I hope the writers are proud of themselves...Of course the departure of Lee Da Hae has made it all even more unbearable....now I can only live with the thought of what this drama 'could' have been :( What a shame...

Guest edenlove

With the leaving of one of its star, and now with possible dragged out storyline, these writers can not maintain any resemblance of its intended grandeur.

Looking back now to the start...with Kim Bum & the early stuff with SSH, the latter half of EOE just falls short.

the dramatic, epic and promising start has now turned into a desperate sappy love story.

Of course the departure of Lee Da Hae has made it all even more unbearable....now I can only live with the thought of what this drama 'could' have been :( What a shame...

^^This represents views of some not everyone here, also not the majority viewers in Korea and in Asia.

EOE is still the most discussed and viewed drama topic today, in Korea and outside Korea.

And viewers don't see/talk about just its love story.

Guest suncine445

^^This represents views of some not everyone here, also not the majority viewers in Korea and in Asia.

EOE is still the most discussed and viewed drama topic today, in Korea and outside Korea.

And viewers don't see/talk about just its love story.

Comments like this is just too subjective I am afraid.Ha ha. :rolleyes: ...Please give others a break for their personal opinion when it differs especially .it is for the good of EOE actually overall.thanks

What intended to be a great drama can only become a good drama at best. With the leaving of one of its star, and now with possible dragged out storyline, these writers can not maintain any resemblance of its intended grandeur. I for one do not want any more "watering down" of the entire storyline.

majority of EOE fans in Korea are anxiously welcoming the new plot or development due to the news of EOE's extension...whether it'll be out of it's core plot we'll just have to see...but as writers i'm sure they'll make a way for the story to be entertaining so just hang in there...it's still a great drama, Koreans there are loving it...

Having been a silent reader and scanned through most of the controversy and updates on the drama I cannot feel anything but disappointment. Looking back now to the start...with Kim Bum & the early stuff with SSH, the latter half of EOE just falls short. It's like they are two seperate dramas...the dramatic, epic and promising start has now turned into a desperate sappy love story. I'm sorry for those who support DC & YR but personally I feel their little "merry-go-round love story" has cost this drama from achieving it's full potential. I hope the writers are proud of themselves...Of course the departure of Lee Da Hae has made it all even more unbearable....now I can only live with the thought of what this drama 'could' have been :(What a shame...

it may fall short in your eyes, but viewership all across asia are watching this drama, i'm sure they feel different from your description of EOE thus far...

Guest suncine445

^ I am a korean and I am very up to date on showbiz news and gossips since I represent a lot of clients in the entertaining industry. I am also familiar with the chinese and japanese showbiz news too. I have to say it is a mixed bag out there with regard to eoe and MBC in particular.

Guest edenlove

Comments like this is just too subjective I am afraid.Ha ha. :rolleyes: ...Please give others a break for their personal opinion when it differs especially.it is for the good of EOE actually overall.thanks

This thread definitely needs overall views not one-sided (from Day 1 of EOE broadcast).

Anyone here is free to give any comments or views. Nobody is stopping anybody.

^ I am a korean and I am very up to date on showbiz news and gossips since I represent a lot of clients in the entertaining industry. I am also familiar with the chinese and japanese showbiz news too.

There are also many forums and blogs (Korea, Japan, Chinese) that talked positively about EOE.

EOE is also one of the most viewed dramas on (overseas) online TV sources.

Individual's choice/pleasure to add negative or positive views here.

Guest suncine445

This thread definitely needs overall views not one-sided (from Day 1 of EOE broadcast).

Anyone here is free to give any comments or views. Nobody is stopping anybody.

There are also many forums and blogs (Korea, Japan, Chinese) that talked positively about EOE.

EOE is also one of the most viewed dramas on (overseas) online TV sources.

Individual's choice/pleasure to add negative or positive views here.

Appreciate if you read more into my comments before any input would be much appreciated. thanks

Guest AmberSong

East of Eden is popular but it is not loved. Koreans call East of Eden a "Makjang" drama. Makjang meaning "a blind end in a mine gallery" or "dead end." They are purely for guilty pleasures. Koreans watch East of Eden to blame or tease.

^ I am a korean and I am very up to date on showbiz news and gossips since I represent a lot of clients in the entertaining industry. I am also familiar with the chinese and japanese showbiz news too. I have to say it is a mixed bag out there with regard to eoe and MBC in particular.

You guys shouldn't be here anymore, please. EOE, whether a joke or a shame, is now none of ur business since ur idol leaves goodbye msg to EOE fans. Dont try to make it big by such "encouraging" words. Koreans watch EOE to blame or tease ? No doubt you two are definitely among those so-called "Koreans". Just stay in ur proper place, feeling free to complain, blaming, cursing, mocking, insulting anything, anyone u want to hide ur disappointment. No one esle will interfere into that sacred job, even me.

Just leave us alone with the remaining stuff of EOE. Ur idol must be so wise for stopping herself from involving with such a shame so soon. The other actors, old and young, veterans or juniors, are still trying their best to do their job no matter where the script lead them to. We, fans of them, even though don't love one another that much, will still wish them to go with EOE to the end smoothly.

If this thread has to wait in vain for someone to visit it, I am sure it doesn't need anyone of you.

Give us some peace.

What do you mean mixed bag?

You guys shouldn't be here anymore, please. EOE as a joke or a shame is now none of ur business since ur idol leaves goodbye msg to EOE fans. Dont try to make it big by such "encouraging" words. Koreans watch EOE to blame or tease ? No doubt you two are definitely among those so-called "Koreans". Just stay in ur proper place, feeling free to complain, blaming, cursing, mocking, insulting anything, anyone u want to hide ur disappointment. No one esle will interfere into that sacred job, even me.

Just leave us alone with the remaining stuff of EOE. Ur idol must be so wise for stopping herself from involving with such a shame so soon. The other actors, old and young actors are still trying their best to do their job no matter where the script lead them to. We, fans of them, even though don't love one another that much, will still wish them to go with EOE to the end smoothly.

If this thread has to wait in vain for someone to visit it, I am sure it doesn't need anyone of you.

Give us some peace.

Whatever happen I will support EOE, till the end. We cannot please everybody coz they have thier own group.

Please do not discourage other viewers and make this thread more interesting.

Guest suncine445

You guys shouldn't be here anymore, please. EOE as a joke or a shame is now none of ur business since ur idol leaves goodbye msg to EOE fans. Dont try to make it big by such "encouraging" words. Koreans watch EOE to blame or tease ? No doubt you two are definitely among those so-called "Koreans". Just stay in ur proper place, feeling free to complain, blaming, cursing, mocking, insulting anything, anyone u want to hide ur disappointment. No one esle will interfere into that sacred job, even me.

Just leave us alone with the remaining stuff of EOE. Ur idol must be so wise for stopping herself from involving with such a shame so soon. The other actors, old and young actors are still trying their best to do their job no matter where the script lead them to. We, fans of them, even though don't love one another that much, will still wish them to go with EOE to the end smoothly.

Give us some peace.

My comments is fair .Please take note about it please .No offence to anyone for your info....A mixed bag is the fair and middle ground approach...no one has the right to dictate what I should write.Go dictate to others but not me ....

My comments is fair .Please take note about it please .No offence to anyone for your info....A mixed bag is the fair and middle ground approach...no one has the right to dictate what I should write

Ah ok thanks

Archived