[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not here to defend MH since his recent passive aggressive attitude does test my patience a bit and the crying scenes is too repetitive to be effective. But here are some of the random thoughts on MH…

Is MH being weak? I will give him more credits than just that. Among all the options, MH definitely can choose to hide the truth and try to secure his inheritance (probably with many evil acts.) But he does not goes with the dark route. He neither sells off his own consciousness. After all, if he crosses the line, it can be a point of no return. Though, the opposite path is one bumpy road to ride on.

Is MH being noble by walking away from Shin’s vanity castle? It probably nothing has to do with his nobleness but his self-worthiness. Ironically, his wife, JH, is the one who makes him realized he has lived on a broken realities where marriage, wealth, success are nothing extended of himself. What remains true is the love of his own son and Oh family (the grandfather and mother.) Given the cruel facts that JH demands him to be an ordinary father and the death of President Oh, MH has been cut off from the motivations and inspirations to fight for his own worth. It is surprising to see him dropping everything at funeral, but what I see is not really about MH’s selfishness but more of tragedy happened between JH and MH. JH has lots right to live a life of her own ways especially she didn’t marry MH at her own will. But she has least right to blame MH’s recent withdrawal, after all, her toughness and survival needs are literally on the expense of MH’s well being.

Is MH being jealous about what DW possesses? I think he is and this is one of best parts of EoE to me anyway. When KS told MH that DW and Lee family can’t be separated, it sums up the total wealth of DW, while intangible but it is an asset of unbreakable which MH possesses none -- be it the father’s love (STH’s approval versus LDC’s sacrifices), the family love and even the love of JH. In the search of himself, this jealousy seems to be a positive effect because it helps MH to see through the human desires and thus reprioritize his basic needs in life.

The journey of MH is an interesting one to watch in addition to DW, DC, YCH, JH, YR and others. It will certainly help to balance out the crying scenes with more inner emotional portrait on the character.

Even I don't agree with JH in terms of her acts but I have to applaud writer's fabrication on the character. For the direction it is heading, it seems JH will be equivalent of YCH for their survival strength and maternal instinct and most of all, their faults as well as regrets.

Honestly, I am not too impressed by JMK in the recent episodes (I haven’t watched ep 46 yet.) The script is adding the humanistic light on the character of STH. But the delivery is too flat and predictable. The inner conflicts are not much shown. Hope it gets better in time.

I loved the filming of beach scene in ep 45 where JH-MH-DC-YR scattering in discrete position but constitute a continuous line against the extended shorelines, what a beautiful and sad composition where one couple united under a paper of formality and to be parted with a signature, and the other couple who will die for each other but can’t be together on paper…

I enjoy every DC-YR scene in episode 45. There is no more I love you in words but let the action to speak itself. I love the fact that YR is now in the position to rescue DC with her own capability, instead of being rescued by DC. I actually laughed when DC asked her who said that she is an unlucky soup-ladle. YR has matured lots and to DC, she is probably not only his most precious one but also the wind beneath his wing. It has been so long to see DC’s smile last. Luckily, YR is there by his side and she is the one who knows how to bring that smile out of him. However, I can’t help but wondering why YR is not looking pregnant at all… :rolleyes:

LDW didn't steal SMH kins. His fate changes and he didn't have any say in it at all. It is not LDW fault that he and SMH got switched. SMH is kinda selfish, always saying that it is time for LDW to go back and live with the Shin.

I'm agree with u MH is so selfish, seems like he always want what DW have, first he steal JH, noW he want to steal DW's "family" too, even the family belong to him but he wants DW go back to his "real" family..

Is MH being weak? I will give him more credits than just that. Among all the options, MH definitely can choose to hide the truth and try to secure his inheritance (probably with many evil acts.) But he does not goes with the dark route. He neither sells off his own consciousness. After all, if he crosses the line, it can be a point of no return. Though, the opposite path is one bumpy road to ride on.

The journey of MH is an interesting one to watch in addition to DW, DC, YCH, JH, YR and others. It will certainly help to balance out the crying scenes with more inner emotional portrait on the character.

WAHHHH jazz jazz really love reading your analysis...

some of the scenes that were pretty interesting in my opinion:

where DW should be...

vlcsnap-34174.jpg

vlcsnap-34921.jpg

father and son bonding...DW asked the million dollar question..."why did you do it? (kill LKC)" the tone from DW was not of hostility...

vlcsnap-39252.jpg

vlcsnap-39960.jpg

vlcsnap-41840.jpg

DW's moment of peace and comfort (refuge) in Kim So-Hyun...

vlcsnap-43984.jpg

vlcsnap-43719.jpg

DC having an open dialog with workers/union of his company...something that STH would NEVER have done...

vlcsnap-44746.jpg

vlcsnap-44579.jpg

vlcsnap-44995.jpg

Guest savingwork

Thanks everyone for your pictures/input. Here are some pictures/thoughts!! :blush:

Rebecca hinted to STH that he better watch his back from his own men, ep 46. MH was not the one releasing TS info :P . Someone else is betraying STH!! nOW why am I not surprized? Actually I was!! :lol::sweatingbullets: Someone at viikii already beat me into betting that STH sidekick /assistant is the one stabbing STH in the back.

vlcsnap-85474.png

He’s always been mean to MH, hasn’t he? :fury:

vlcsnap-85930.png

vlcsnap-87243.png

Then again, you never know; we might be wrong!

………………………….

If I was STH, thankfully I’m not :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: , I would definitely think of getting rid of Rebecca a.k.a kill her once and for all. <_< I can see she is really a pain in the neck for STH. Personally, I love watching her making STH angry and put on-the-spot, which kind of feels like fulfilling the viewers revenge on STH. :lol: :lol:

STH and Rebecca need to die together !!! Both really miss up everyone’s life with little regard to others. Sometimes I thing those two are a match made in heaven :P :P !!

vlcsnap-84416.pngvlcsnap-84478.png

Thanks everyone for your pictures/input. Here are some pictures/thoughts!! :blush:

Rebecca hinted to STH that he better watch his back from his own men, ep 46. MH was not the one releasing TS info :P . Someone else is betraying STH!! nOW why am I not surprized? Actually I was!! :lol::sweatingbullets: Someone at viikii already beat me into betting that STH sidekick /assistant is the one stabbing STH in the back.

vlcsnap-85474.png

He’s always been mean to MH, hasn’t he? :fury:

vlcsnap-85930.png

vlcsnap-87243.png

Then again, you never know; we might be wrong!

………………………….

If I was STH, thankfully I’m not :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: , I would definitely think of getting rid of Rebecca a.k.a kill her once and for all. <_< I can see she is really a pain in the neck for STH. Personally, I love watching her making STH angry and put on-the-spot, which kind of feels like fulfilling the viewers revenge on STH. :lol: :lol:

STH and Rebecca need to die together !!! Both really miss up everyone’s life with little regard to others. Sometimes I thing those two are a match made in heaven :P :P !!

vlcsnap-84416.pngvlcsnap-84478.png

ACTUALLY, I THINK THIS GUY COULD BE JH DAD, WHY? BECAUSE HE BEEN WORKING FOR STH FOR AGES, SO IT MUST BE HIM

wouldn't that be lovely if both of them would die together <_< ...OMO OMO!!! can't believe i actually thought of that... :unsure: EOE really has made me hate these 2 characters ...that means they're doing a good job...both JMK and SEJ who plays STH and Rebecca respectively...and as well the writers... :sweatingbullets::D

%7Boption%7Dvlcsnap-85474.png

ACTUALLY, I THINK THIS GUY COULD BE JH DAD, WHY? BECAUSE HE BEEN WORKING FOR STH FOR AGES, SO IT MUST BE HIM

WHOA WHOA!!!

THAT'D BE REALLY CRAZY!!!

but then again...he is STH's closest/trusted assistant...maybe Guk bribed him and have him on the hook to go against STH...but what's the motive??

hmm...maybe this guy wants JH (his daughter??) to be heir of TS Group instead?? :blink: maybe it's a stretch...but EOE is pretty much unpredictable now...with so many twists and turns in the story already...

Guest joyableme

I feel bad for dongwook because of the fact that he love's them so much to the point where he is willing to give up his real parents for Dong chul and his family and yet to have them push him away and distance themselves from him as if they never loved him at all. Of course he would feel as if they're betraying him. His mom is pushing him away not trusting him anymore. Dongchul may not be pushing him away but you can see it in his eyes that Dongwook is more like a stranger that he took care of only. It's pretty sad how Dongwook's love for his mother and Dongchul never even wavered one bit even after knowing the truth, and yet Dongchul and his mother's feelings for him were obviously wavering and changing. He loves them so much to the point where he doesn't even want to acknowlege his real parents as his, he only acknowleges his mother as his only mother. Dongchul and his mother had been acting as if they regretted ever loving Dongwook, which of course is like a knife through his heart. I know Dongwook shouldn't have acted like that when Dongchul brought Myunghoon home, but then again, just looking at Dongchul's eyes, you can already tell that his feelings for Dongwook are slowly fading. Yet through Dongwook's eyes, donchul will always be his only brother. And at that scene, he saw Dongchul looking at him with such cold and confused eyes, which hurted him deep...especially seeing the man that shares the true blood of Dongchul right in front of you.

I'm not saying this to say that dongwook is the good guy and dongchul is the bad guy, all I'm saying is that I feel bad for dongwook.

Guest jiwoneex3

OMG, although i'm only up to epi 43 right now, i'm so mad ):

i know MH faced many hardships because of STH, and i felt sympathy for him because of that,

but that bastard can't just think that he could join his biological family now.

eh, and DC isn't even doing crap to defend DW because i guess he feels guilt after MH whining about how DW took away what was supposed to be his.

and although this is out of random,

i've always thought that the priest/father was a useless character in the drama.

sorry, but i always tend to skip his scenes because it's so boring.

my opinion :)

oh and a question,

so is this drama going to go up to epi 50 (as planned)

or even farther? because i did read that it was going to have like, 8? more episodes,

but i wasn't sure. cus i love the drama, but ... it just really needs to end now. it's too long.

LDW should be nice with MH and three of them LDC ,LDW , MH could be brothers , If not ... He really selfish (LDW)

JH she loves herself not her boy , because her boy loves his papa, and she separates them because of her emotion with MH's mamy

MH is a good man , so he couldn't living in the same roof with Shin ( It doesn't matter bloodline or not ! )

YR continues seducing LDC :sweatingbullets: It's very difficult for LDC to have a new girlfriend

May be LDC will meet the new girl ( who replaces Le Da Hae very soon )

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but how is YR seducing LDC? She barely comes out fully an episode in the latest episodes and when she does appear , she always warn LDC to watch out for her father and always help him and is there for him when he needed somebody to talk with, so how is that seducing? :huh:

As for LDC having a new girl, I'm pretty sure the writers aren't adding anybody else in after Lee Dae Hee left since the drama is ending very soon, my guess is that the writer want to focus on family and the brother bonds and revenging more than love, romance relationship now. They added a new girl to replace Dae Hee character, she's LDW new interest not LDC

OMG, although i'm only up to epi 43 right now, i'm so mad ):

i know MH faced many hardships because of STH, and i felt sympathy for him because of that,

but that bastard can't just think that he could join his biological family now.

eh, and DC isn't even doing crap to defend DW because i guess he feels guilt after MH whining about how DW took away what was supposed to be his.

and although this is out of random,

i've always thought that the priest/father was a useless character in the drama.

sorry, but i always tend to skip his scenes because it's so boring.

my opinion :)

oh and a question,

so is this drama going to go up to epi 50 (as planned)

or even farther? because i did read that it was going to have like, 8? more episodes,

but i wasn't sure. cus i love the drama, but ... it just really needs to end now. it's too long.

The drama was intend to end at episode 50 but they decided at first to extend 8 episode but due to conflict

scheduling they decided to extend it 4 episode so now the total of the drama will be 54 episode in total :D

By the way, I have to agree with you on the priest. At first when he appeared, he advise the characters to stay

away from the danger of revenge and other crap and tried to save LDC but now his character is jus a bit pointless...I do run his scenes too but sometimes I watch it since most of his saying are reasonable and understanding

By the way guys, can you please not quote the pictures, images? I noticed alot of moderators are warning members about that and if we continue, the thread might close so whenever you quote, please, please take out the img coding ^_^

Guest savingwork

Who is JH's father if its okay to ask?

Actually, JH's father is still unknown. As eoe fans, we are purely speculating it might be STH or his assistant or maybe someone else!!

:unsure:

Episode 46 brings back those memories of how both DW and DC suffering from their physical separation at earlier episodes, except this time it is not the physical distance but the unavoidable sense of insecurity fighting against the gravity of bloodline. Reading between the lines, there are so much love and care underlying their yelling at each other. The more they want to hold on to each other, the more insecure they get, especially on the case of LDW. DW’s insecurity has placed himself walking on the tight rope, in each emotional conflict, he is hurting himself as well as Lee. But the very sad and beautiful fact is that DC (and Lee) will do anything to prevent DW from falling. And that differentiate the bloodline from family. For DC, it is all about DW. For STH, it is about the war of bloodlines. (I am still in disbelief that he actually demands DW to simply forget about the past, not even with a father’s regrets.) Though, in the end of ep 46, STH is trying to redeem himself by telling DW he is willing to become a different person for his own son.

I was very touched by YJH's delicate performances, especially when he talks to the two mothers. Layers of motions expressed in a well-controlled and perfect subtly. I also appreciate the ways he maintains kind of well-fit chemistry with his co-stars. That helps me as audience watching DW falls hard for JH, transits to HR, and finally find his shelter with a new face. I have to confess I am now an official semi-converted fan.

I feel bad for dongwook because of the fact that he love's them so much to the point where he is willing to give up his real parents for Dong chul and his family and yet to have them push him away and distance themselves from him as if they never loved him at all. Of course he would feel as if they're betraying him. His mom is pushing him away not trusting him anymore. Dongchul may not be pushing him away but you can see it in his eyes that Dongwook is more like a stranger that he took care of only. It's pretty sad how Dongwook's love for his mother and Dongchul never even wavered one bit even after knowing the truth, and yet Dongchul and his mother's feelings for him were obviously wavering and changing. He loves them so much to the point where he doesn't even want to acknowlege his real parents as his, he only acknowleges his mother as his only mother. Dongchul and his mother had been acting as if they regretted ever loving Dongwook, which of course is like a knife through his heart. I know Dongwook shouldn't have acted like that when Dongchul brought Myunghoon home, but then again, just looking at Dongchul's eyes, you can already tell that his feelings for Dongwook are slowly fading. Yet through Dongwook's eyes, donchul will always be his only brother. And at that scene, he saw Dongchul looking at him with such cold and confused eyes, which hurted him deep...especially seeing the man that shares the true blood of Dongchul right in front of you.

I'm not saying this to say that dongwook is the good guy and dongchul is the bad guy, all I'm saying is that I feel bad for dongwook.

Joyableme, up to ep 46, I still think DC loves DW the same. Same goes DC’s mother. And that won’t contradict with the fact how much they care about MH. By looking how DC worries about DW’s reaction and runs after him, it says a lots about how much DW weights in DC’s mind. After all, DC has acted as DW’s father as well as his brother. MH can come back to lee as DC’s brother but MH really doesn’t have the luxurious bond that DW received from DC, as a son and as a brother.

Guest yeppoyo

East of Eden EP43 just killed me. Why do I love Myung Hun this much? I cried during all his scenes. Wanting to get out of Shin Tae Hwan’s house and to be with his family, why can’t someone understand that? Living in the house of the person who killed his father is enough to drive him mad. EP44 preview gives me hope, when Dong Chul stopped Myung Hun from leaving. Does that mean he wants him to stay? I don’t want to put my hopes on this but I will. Dong Chul, you have always been right to me because you are the reasonable one so please let Myung Hun stay…

I still wonder, will there be a happy ending? I have no idea but I’m still somehow wishing there would be one. I CRIED A LOT! THERE BETTER BE ONE FOR MYUNG HUN… Although I have a feeling he has the smallest chance to have that.

Guest kim_calvz

please can anyone tell me which episode scene SSH and LDH? want to download that episode first....

i think it's on Episode 11?

Guest edenlove

Honestly, I am not too impressed by JMK in the recent episodes (I haven’t watched ep 46 yet.) The script is adding the humanistic light on the character of STH. But the delivery is too flat and predictable.

I actually laughed when DC asked her who said that she is an unlucky soup-ladle.

Oh dear... perhaps you would be more disappointed with STH after ep 46. I can't believe the "sacrifice" he made for Janice was so... flat (in your words). :sweatingbullets: No wonder JMK told fans much earlier that there are more "insanity" to come, yet he is so professional to deliver it (although not convinced himself).

Was the English translation "an unlucky soup-ladle"? The Chinese translation was "a useless soup-ladle".

The Chinese version is definitely more meaningful! That's why DC said it twice to YR.

Ep 46 - the best scene I liked is the DW-Mdm Oh's conversation. Tears~

I really admire DW's mother who has such a big heart. I hope DW's pain will be alleviated a little from her words.

Guest edenlove

And at that scene, he saw Dongchul looking at him with such cold and confused eyes, which hurted him deep...especially seeing the man that shares the true blood of Dongchul right in front of you.

Actually DC knows how sensitive DW is. I don't think he gave DW cold and confused eyes at that moment,

but instead asked him not to misunderstand why he brought MH back.

At that point, bringing MH home is better than sending to hospital to avoid STH's men perhaps.

And don't forget DW also said very hurting words to DC at the prosecutor's office etc,

especially he yelled at DC "at least you mustn't be my stumbling block".

How harsh are these words to mean that DC's dirty work for Gook is tarnishing DW's career and future,

and that DC is pursuing dirty wealth and power etc,

when DC did all these as a sacrifice to save DW from jail/trouble years back?

Archived