[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest edenlove

Having said that, I have to say LMS’s YCH doesn’t rank in my LMS’s top 5. It was an absolutely jaw-dropping experience to see her appearance in first episode, I barely recognize her. And I love how she depicts those YCH‘s delicate sentiments underneath. But the static character development in the mid-series doesn’t provide much space for LMS to show her range. And I feel YCH’s scolding style is not necessarily the best of LMS.

YCH... one of the most hated characters in EOE early days . Even up to today, there are people who still hated her. But I've always supported and loved her character ever since Ep 1.^^

Although YCH has quietened considerably these days, but I always felt her powerful presence whenever she appears or speaks. Actually I miss all her lashing.^^ But her lines are still so good. I really like that recent part when she told Jung-ja "let's not meet in our next life", and also the part that she approved of WG-GS' marriage. Simple words/scenes yet so powerful enough to bring tears. And in the last episode, she was so alert to sense something fishy, that she told DC "one gets smarter as one grows older". B) Getting ready to see her heartbreaking performance in next episode.

As for DC-YR's development, EOE fans have been waiting for YR's transformation into the capable GYR since she returned from Macau. President Min has seen her capability in early days, and recently Lawyer Kim said if born as a guy, YR will definitely surpass Guk's achievements. So not a bad idea where YR will be heading now.^^

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far EOE ratings are stable. Even though BOF ratings shoot up a lot, their gain does not equal to EOE loss.

Just more viewers are watching dramas at that timeslot. Plus, it's school holidays in Korea right now.

EOE does have its consistent viewer group/supporters who do not abandon the drama overnight.

This reminds of "those days". :lol:

thanks alot edenlove to let me know the name of this wonderful song

i searched it in many sites but i cant get it buz i didn't know its name of song :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

here this wonderful song in the last episode 38 and 39

Kim Bum Soo - A Sad Story Than Sadness mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmmmzvn3zbk

Isn't that KSW and LBY new upcoming movie theme song .Their MV is currently no1 in the chart. Surprised when it was played in ep38-39.KSW is so good in the MV.His pain and tears just moved you.Better than when he acted in Stairway in Heaven.Review was very good about his acting and this movie.

Isn't that KSW and LBY new upcoming movie theme song .Their MV is currently no1 in the chart. Surprised when it was played in ep38-39.KSW is so good in the MV.His pain and tears just moved you.Better than when he acted in Stairway in Heaven.Review was very good about his acting and this movie.

yes!!

KBS gave persmission for EOE to insert the song as an OST. it got a lot of good reviews...articles said it fits the plight of hardships found in the story of MH/JH and DC/YR in EOE. at the same time people talked about the song, the movie "STSS" got more inquieries/interests and people will see it because of the song that was heard on EOE...so it's a win win situation for both productions thanks to KBS' song being played on EOE...

Guest SSHsaranghae

East of Eden will be extended? I am so behind on East of Eden's behind the scenes news. Anyone know how long or how many episodes it will be extended to? Thank you.

Has there been any conformation on the shows extension?

will they still love each other after they find out the truth?

DC cares for DW, but it might not be the case with DW towards DC later on...we'll just have to see what will happen in the next coming episodes...

WHOA WHOA!!!

:excl: HOLY COW!!! YCH got DELUSIONAL upon waking up and seeing DW...she just blurt out everything in front of DW with out realizing!!!! i love the new twist!! President Oh, is concious but unable to respond to DW, he knows everything as well from OYH...MH turned to a statue seeing DW and OYH together...STH will know next it seems :excl:

Depression and sadness has lead her to the stage where she become like a crazy person, lost, poor her. Wake up in her sleep and then shouting, yelling at LDW. "Who are you??, why STH's son here ...."

i admire SMH, he really have very good lines in EoE and PHJ has carry it perfectly, and with good emotions. his emotionless faces when he saw LDW and Mrs Oh cam out from hospital .. totally break his heart .. probably he think "Mom knows ... what will happen to me? She will leave me?? Is she will looking for LDW again??" those kind questions are play around in his minds right now.

and then when he entered the empty, soundless house .. another heart wreching scenes for me. Just like his hearts. EMPTY. his voiceless answering JH. " .. that why you bring LDW to see grandpa .." some kind of a jealousy expression .. loner.

DW is the last to experience the shock in here I guess. How will he handle the situation? How will he face his real family? DC's family? Will he become someone kinda bad?! oooohhhhh.... I'm excited for this.

DW is the last to experience the shock in here I guess. How will he handle the situation? How will he face his real family? DC's family? Will he become someone kinda bad?! oooohhhhh.... I'm excited for this.

STH will...DW will know on tomorrow's episode...will DW turn bad?? in all likelyhood he might because of the aforementioned from the production in the beginning that DC and DW will be rivals...of course script will change as per writer think it should but we just have to see how it goes in the coming episodes...YES!! IT'S REALLY EXCITING TO SEE ALL THESE UNFOLD!!

:excl: from the preview of ep42..STH overheard JH and OYH's conversation and got suspicious :excl: (like JJ on the phone talking to DC and YCH overheard and got suspicious)

Guest ericmania

Depression and sadness has lead her to the stage where she become like a crazy person, lost, poor her. Wake up in her sleep and then shouting, yelling at LDW. "Who are you??, why STH's son here ...."

i admire SMH, he really have very good lines in EoE and PHJ has carry it perfectly, and with good emotions. his emotionless faces when he saw LDW and Mrs Oh cam out from hospital .. totally break his heart .. probably he think "Mom knows ... what will happen to me? She will leave me?? Is she will looking for LDW again??" those kind questions are play around in his minds right now.

and then when he entered the empty, soundless house .. another heart wreching scenes for me. Just like his hearts. EMPTY. his voiceless answering JH. " .. that why you bring LDW to see grandpa .." some kind of a jealousy expression .. loner.

yeah,I agree with you about PHJ performance.He getting viewer's hearts by his acting as MH.

*from njs @ TSH:

EOE ep41

daum article

‘꽃보다 남자’-‘에덴의 동쪽’, 실시간 최고 시청률 각각 32%, 22.5% 기록

OSEN | 기사입력 2009.01.19 23:46

20090119234611.036.1.jpg

- EOE-BOF highest rating of 32%, 22.5% recorded respectively

^ Yes, that's true. BOF can't still defeat EOE. However in Sp only 17 users now in this thread compared to about 240 guys over there. Well...

Archived