[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The secrets out of the bag and Chun Hee looks to have taken it as expected. How did they broach the subject of Guk Ja's pregnancy?

Hi friend,

They may want to create a hero inside out (aaka LDC) who will take care of his best friend's wife and kid. Their Lee family has the "past" sacrifying for other's child already so why not DC again? If they want to make DC-YR why have to go this far to make DC more pitiful?

Hi guys!

I would like to know whitch drama is number 2nd sometimes? Beating EOE?

this is yesterday

1. Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 33.9%, 33.8%

2. The Road Home <집으로가는길> episode 1 (KBS1) - 26.1%, 23.6% (#3)

3. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 25.7%, 27.1% (#2)

4. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 3 (KBS2) - 20.8%, 21.1%

today's not out yet

East of Eden Might Be Extended + Hwang Jung Eum Added

January 13, 2009 by coolsmurf

The East of Eden production company were in discussions with MBC higher-ups yesterday over the possible extension of the drama by 8 episodes.

According to insiders, the production for the follow-up drama My Love For You to East of Eden has been cancelled recently. If East of Eden ends as scheduled in March, there will be a gap in the lucrative Mon-Tue primetime slot. MBC has thus mooted the idea of an extension to East of Eden. But the production company are not keen for an extension because of budget constraints.

Although no agreement has been reached as yet, history have shown that there is a high possiblity that the extension might happen in the end. MBC Yisan was in the exact same situation months earlier, but in the end, the production company conpromised and the extension went ahead.

Hwang Jung Eum was also confirmed to be coming in as a replacement for Lee Da Hye’s character, Min Hye Rin who will be leaving in Episode 40 tonight.

Hwang Jung Eum, formerly with girl group Sugar and now actress will make her entry in Episode 41, starting from next Monday. She will be casted as the daughter of the chief public prosecutor and eventually marrying Lee Dong Wook (Yun Jung Hoon). Now if you have watched Episode 40, Hye Rin’s father did suggest that if only he had let Hye Rin become a lawyer instead of a reporter (because she had issues with the newspaper being a government propaganda tool). I would like to think that they (production) were implying that if only they had not taken the wrong step with Hye Rin’s character right from the start.

1 thing that puzzled me in Episode 40 was Young Ran being pregnant. This was totally out of the blue and they better offer a good explanation.

If only they hadn't taken the wrong step with Hye Rin's character INDEED... *SIGHS* I'm currently solely watching this, because of Park Hae Jin; his strong performance since near-fatal car accident has been awesome and really saved the drama for me, to continue following it anyway. I'd gotten weary with all the romance part being dragged out forever prior to the accident. I think this drama is a disaster on the romance front, so it was no good to dwell on it (I'm one of those who never felt for Grace and DC). About Lee Dong Wook and Hye Rin, well I'm gonna make up my own happy ending for them! I do like Shin Myung Hun and Kim Ji Hyun, but I wonder if they can last... what he did to her was unforgivable and also changed Ji Hyun into the ambitious person she is now. Totally the wrong foundation for a successful relationship...

Too bad this drama fell so short of expectations (it could have been SO good *sighs again*), but at least the story's back on track and it's interesting to see the unraveling of the birth secret.

I feel sorry for Dongwook the most. Oh man.

He lived his whole life thinking he was doing justice, being a good person, and avenging his fathers death. And all this time he's hurting his own father, and hating him. He'll carry the most guilt and hurt.

Sigh.

I feel sorry for Dongwook the most. Oh man.

He lived his whole life thinking he was doing justice, being a good person, and avenging his fathers death. And all this time he's hurting his own father, and hating him. He'll carry the most guilt and hurt.

Sigh.

True But i think STH need to be punish and hurt . i hope he get just desert. Rebeca did is cruel and Evil too. Not as STH is more. But rebbeca and sth have to died together.

i think they should take SSH, LYH, mr. gook, and the rest of his gangsters out too cuz i'm freakin tired of watching their storyline. well i never did watch them since the beginning so i really don't know what they are all about LOL this drama can go w/o them anywayz i feel.

"EAST OF EDEN" MAY GET AN EXTENSION OF 8-EPISODES AFTER ALL

eastofeden_01.jpg

It was reported that MBC’s “East of Eden” may get an additional 8 episodes extension, bringing its total up to 58 episodes. According to the news, MBC TV Station and the production company of “East of Eden”, Chorokbaem Media, held a meeting yesterday (12th) afternoon to discuss about this issue.

An insider revealed that MBC has requested for an extension because the original project “Someone To Love/I Love You”, scheduled to replace “East of Eden” after it ends, has been cancelled unexpectedly. Hence, there will not be any drama to takeover from”East of Eden” if it remains as 50 episodes. MBC has been pushing hard for the extension but the production company seems to be reluctant due to the high production cost that will be incurred.

As of now, MBC and Chorokbaem Media have not reached any conclusion in regards to the issue. However, as past histories have shown, the production companies are always the one giving in to the TV stations whenever the case of episode extensions is involved. Hence, it is widely speculated that Chorokbaem Media will give in at the end.

Source: mydaily

Credit : Hanfever

East of Eden loses Lee Da Hae for good, gains an ex-Sugar member

By footdoc-shoelover + January 13th, 2009

leedahae_20090113_seoulbeats.jpg

Sources say that Lee Da Hae was upset with the direction that her character was going after Na Young Sook, the original writer, had to quit due to her deteriorating health. Lee Da Hae’s last episode aired today with her character leaving the country to pursue “foreign studies”.

Fans who were hoping for Lee Da Hae’s character (Hye Rin) to get together finally with Yeon Jung Hoon’s character (Dong wook) will have to settle with Hwang Jung Eum, the ex-Sugar member. The switcharoo of Dong wook’s love interests will occur in today’s 40th episode.

It seems a bit diva-ish for Lee Da hae to jump ship this late in the series but she is not without sympathizers. Many fans have been complaining that the drama’s writing has been tanking since Ms. Na was replaced by a much less talented counterpart.

Credit : seoulbeats

I have nothing against making Lee Dong Chul a martyr as he seem fairly comfortable in that role already. My biggest thing is really the pregnancy.

hey semi-fly...

you're not alone...a lot of EOE fans bombarded MBC's EOE forum, they complained and called the story about "YR's pregnancy really absurd!!"...however i must give it to Na Hyun Hee, who acted wonderfully as Oh Yoon Hee when the secret was revealed to her...at the scene when Rebecca just cruelly stabbed the dagger of truth inside OYH's heart about who is her real son...i really felt for her, the shock was unbearable... :tears:

and it appears it is Lee Mi Sook's YCH's turn to shine as the secret will be revealed to her next...and i'm not sure from the preview if DW overheard DC and his mom or not :blink: ...he shed a tear looking at the birdcage...weeee i can't wait!! :w00t:

ep41 is 7 days away :tears::(

East of Eden loses Lee Da Hae for good, gains an ex-Sugar member

By footdoc-shoelover + January 13th, 2009

It seems a bit diva-ish for Lee Da hae to jump ship this late in the series but she is not without sympathizers. Many fans have been complaining that the drama’s writing has been tanking since Ms. Na was replaced by a much less talented counterpart.

Credit : seoulbeats

okkkk...i know i must've read this statement by footdoc-shoelover wrong...i thought it was writer Na's fault from the beginning when she was accused of 'ammending' scripts and now articles are saying she's actually better than the current writer?? in actuality some people were happy that the new writer came into the scene and was relieved that EOE will get better because of the replacement <_< it's funny reading online articles sometimes :lol:

Just finished Ep 40. Who left the boxes with blood in President Guk's house? Why did YR call DC's mom restaurant and then hang up? I don't get this part.

And what happened to Chong (DC refer to as uncle). Did he leave the hospital on his own freewill?

From the preview, looked like DC finally left President Guk and YR is taking over the business.

Archived